News:

Main Menu

Can you come back?

Started by Ko, October 14, 2023, 06:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ko

I think I'll be in bed before 1 a.m. and it's half midnight now, but for the fourth or fifth time in the last thirty days, I'm wonder whether I should return to Elliquiy.

Pro: You'll engage my brain and I might engage yours.
Con: I've not been here for years and I vanished (again) rudely, I don't know how much time I have and my feet are covered in the ash of burnt bridges.

Can you come back? Or are we weighed down by our inaction from yesteryear? Heck, I don't even know if this place has a heartbeat any more and maybe I'm flirting with a ghost town.
✓ Is there synergy? My ONs & OFFs
✓ I'd like to hear your sexy RP idea.  Or you could check out one of mine.

Inkidu

It's not a ghost town, but you won't know if you never try. 
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Unholy

This is a nice chill place. If you've been gone for a while...why not at least hang around, see what's changed, and maybe see if you can find anything fun to write? :-)

Oniya

You may see some old faces - you'll definitely see some new faces.  Feel free to build new bridges.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ko

Thanks all. I think Elliquiy is something like a relationship. Writing together requires, at least, communication and respect and the very best threads come from people putting timely commitment in. On reflection, and thinking over night, I don't think I could or should offer that.

I'll step back again. Well, for now.

Beguile's Mistress

Keep looking in on us even if you don't participate.  You learn a lot about people by watching and we wouldn't be here if we didn't want you to know about us. 

Ko

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on October 15, 2023, 08:18:50 AM
Keep looking in on us even if you don't participate.  You learn a lot about people by watching and we wouldn't be here if we didn't want you to know about us.

Temptation from voyeurism - fittingly appropriate :)

Sara Nilsson

Dont discount those of us that don't mind slow/glacial pace. We do exist. Sure some want multiple posts a day, others are ok with one a month. There is something for everyone. As long as the pace is agreed upon from the start.

Victoria Skye

I'm personally not even seeing the whole forum yet, but I can already tell that staying is definitly worth a couple minutes here and there <3.

People really have interesting conversations and delightfully shares their opinion.

If not to thoroughly engage, maybe just stay for the vibe and the temptation~ Who knows, maybe you'll find a possible writing partner that wouldn't mind long term and time separated writing sessions !

Greenthorn

Many of us always come back. I came back after 11 years and after a bumpy start, I feel like I've come home again :)