School for the Super-Gifted NEEDS MORE LADIES!!!! LOOKING FOR FRESH RECRUITS!!!

Started by Chreestafer, July 02, 2015, 11:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Whitebread

There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: JoanieSappho on July 26, 2015, 03:20:54 PM
There shall be much bonding over seafood!
And possibly something with the exhibitionist and voyeur sides of them ...

Why do I get the feeling Tess is going to be "invited" into such things?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Myrra

Hey there. Just letting you people know I'm trying to write a female student but I just can't figure out her powers. Does anybody have an idea ? Something original ?  ;D

MaiMizzu

Quote from: AlinaLionheart on July 26, 2015, 04:21:14 PM
Hey there. Just letting you people know I'm trying to write a female student but I just can't figure out her powers. Does anybody have an idea ? Something original ?  ;D

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Superpower_Wiki
Go there, and hit the random button until you find something cool!
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Myrra

I did ! Those powers are just so weird ! I mean, musical empathy ? Universal lordship ? Icon physiology ? Come on.

vatovie

Or use the heroes unlimited roleplay game.  Terrible game but solid random character making.  One fun power is luck control.  You're character is just super duper lucky but sucks luck out of the room for everyone else.

Myrra

Oh, that one sounds like fun. Or something like the power to jinx the people you touch so that they get terribly bad stuff happen to them. Nah, sounds too inconvenient.

vatovie

Want me to send you the book I mentioned?  Then you can just random roll a girl. 

Myrra

Thank you very much, but no thanks. I think I just figured out what I was going for.  ;D

vatovie

ShadowFox89

Quote from: AlinaLionheart on July 26, 2015, 04:45:24 PM
Thank you very much, but no thanks. I think I just figured out what I was going for.  ;D

Well, let's put it this way.

What super power would YOU want?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Myrra

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on July 26, 2015, 05:11:54 PM
Well, let's put it this way.

What super power would YOU want?

Nothing very original I'm afraid. Most likely the ability to go invisible whenever I wanted. That just might solve two thirds of the problems in my life.

ShadowFox89

Okay, let's build on that. Maybe she's got ethereal capable powers? Can phase through objects and go invisible? Can't always control it, so sometimes she'll lean on a wall and accidentally poke her head into the men's (or women's) shower room?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Myrra

Well, actually I think I have something good in mind right now that doesn't involve phasing through stuff. Invisibility was the right call though.

ShadowFox89

Glad to help.

Usually I go with a personality and make a power based on that ^^'
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Myrra

Player Name: AlinaLionHeart

Character Name: Jordan Hall

Character Alias: None yet.

Student or Teacher: Student

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Photos:

Super Powers / Abilities:

Invisibility : Jordan has the ability to instantly make herself invisible whenever she wants, for as long as she wants. Everything she holds also gets invisible at the same time unless it's too big.

Seduction : It's as simple as wanting it to happen. All Jordan has to do is have the desire to manipulate the other person into lusting after her, and there you go. There are various way this can work. Looking at her in the eyes is enough to slowly build up an irresistible urge to want to get in her pants. Smelling her perfume is an even faster way to get there. Her touch is the most dangerous weapon, and it is said that one kiss from her is enough to make someone completely blind with intense desire.

In a high-school environment filled with gossip and love games, Jordan's powers come extremely handy, and she can often use her invisibility to gather some valuable information, or use her seduction ability to push someone in being unfaithful.

Weakness: Jordan completely hates her powers. While she can rarely use her invisibility from time to time to make her life easier or escape from embarassing situations, her seduction power is absolutely never used unless required. She likes to joke that her sole power is to have any power she doesn't want, though that's far from true.
Seduction also doesn't have any lasting effects. It only allows to play with someone's lust for as long as they are exposed to Jordan's touch, and the effects quickly wear off afterward. If someone's sexuality is different (straight woman, gay man, other), it takes extra effort for her power to work, and they may be able to fight it off more or less easily. It can also never work on more than a single person, the one she desires to seduce the most. It's possible that this power grow in the future, but for now it's fairly limited. The maximum distance of the seduction by eye contact is of about 50 feet.
Another problem is that while her invisibility may work on clothes, it usually won't be reliable enough to completely conceal them, especially when they're floaty. Two solutions to that are getting naked (which creates a world of other problems) or wearing a specifically designed catsuit that has not been designed just yet.

Bio / History: Jordan was born and raised a single child by divorced parents, fortunately rich enough to provide her everything she ever wanted in life, except for any bit of love, of which they seemed to have run out of before she was born. To make things worse, as Jordan grew up, she realized she always seemed to be invisible in everyone's eyes. She sure never was the one coming on top of anyone's head when they had to send invitations to a birthday party, and most of her dialogues ended with her getting ignored by whoever she was talking to.

One day, at age 14, Jordan woke up and realized things were even worse than usual. Not only could other people not see her, but this time she could not even see herself ! It took her a few days to manage to gain control of her power and make herself visible again, only to see that not many of her friends had noticed she was gone. This came as a shock, irony at it's best. She was already completely invisible to everyone else, so what power did she obtain ? Invisibility. Needless to say she wasn't really fond of this power and never used it that much.

At age 16, puberty struck big time. Jordan wasn't going so unnoticed anymore. Now she was actually getting more than her share of attention, people were paying attention to her. This was mostly due to the fact that her body had developed quite well, and also that she had adopted a new strategy of using her blooming sexuality as a way of breaking the ice and making herself well-known. This backfired in a very predictable away, making her universally known as the cheapest, most depraved slut at her school. This didn't actually bother Jordan as much as it should have. In fact, she enjoyed this reputation quite a lot, and played it up as being willing to do anything with just about anyone provided they were even remotely popular.

It's at this time that Jordan realized she had unknowingly developped a second, completely unrelated power : to be able to seduce people at will. At first it only came off as her being really attractive, or everyone being willing to bang the cheap blonde, but after some experimentation, it turned out her touch was way more arousing than it should have been. Once again, this power came as a deception. What was the point of having a power to make people want to have sex with her when it was already the one single thing they wanted from her anyway ? She had gotten used to invisibility and started to use it more and more as she gained an obnoxious amount of popularity, but seduction was definitely a needless addition.

Personnality : Unlike the popular image of her, Jordan is far away from being the ruthless high-school alpha bitch type. She's actually a very nice and caring person who will go out of her way to help out anybody. This is mostly due to her craving attention (and not the cheap kind of attention her reputation generally provides) so much that she's willing to do anything she's asked. Of course, most have to witness it before they actually believe it.

Another trait of her that developped at about the same time as her powers did is her mischievousness. The blonde enjoys pulling tricks on just about anybody, from her dearest friends to her sworn enemies. Those tricks go from a friendly and casual use of her invisibility to hide something someone else is looking for, or a much more evil use of her seduction power to have sex with the lover of the person she hates, or even that very person if she has conflictual feelings about them.

Jordan's very liberal use of sex as a social tool is not something she does reluctantly. She actually very much enjoys the act and very rarely has second thoughts or regrets. Though she doesn't want to consider it, she may have nymphomaniac tendencies which could prove to be a problem later on.

One last very important detail is that she is extremely easy to underestimate due to coming off as pretty shallow and not very bright, but Jordan is actually a very smart, if not cunning person, and she is pretty creative and resourceful. There's a certain depth to her that is not immediatly obvious, and she may have more potential than she realizes.

Basic Ons: Taller people, parties, popularity, attention, friendship, sweet little attentions, jocks, nerds, everyone inbetween.
Basic Offs: Cold, unsensitive, manipulative people.
Sexual Ons: Mines
Sexual Offs: And also mines.

Drake Valentine

There is always Light manipulation and HINDSIGHT. ;o

Still waiting to see someone with hindsight. xD

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Captain Whitebread

I'm still waiting to see somebody with Common Sense as a power....

Hi AlinaLionheart! 

A couple of questions regarding the seduction power.  What happens if she touches someone when she is invisible?  Do they still know who they are lusting after?  Is it a mental power, a chemical secreted by her skin or something like pheromones?  From the description it could be any of the above.  (mental = eyes, pehromones = perfume chemical = touch) Does it work on those who would not normally be attracted to her (straight women, gay men)?

FYI use of that power could leave her open to sexual assault charges.

Myrra

Hi there Captain Whitebread !

I would say it's impossible for her to use her seduction power while invisible. And, the point that I wanted to make with the fact that it works with all three of those ways (eye contact, perfume, touch). It's meant to have a bit of a mystery element to it, to have people wonder how can this work.
Oh, and yes, I'm absolutely counting on the fact that, if she was to display her seduction power publicly it would cause huge legal issues, but so far she never used her powers in conditions that would give them away.
Now, about the question of knowing if it would work on someone whose sexuality is different... I guess I'll improvise based on wether or not the other writer is okay with it. From my point of view it seems kind of tactless to suggest that you can just override someone's sexuality which is essentially a part of their identity, but on the other hand, it could show that she is just that powerful. Maybe those people have an extra layer of resistance that she has to work to overcome ? Anyway it's all just hypothetical, because my character would refuse to try that.

Captain Whitebread

Interesting....  It might mean that certain people have resistance to it in different ways.  Someone with mental defenses could resist her eyes but not her scent or touch.  Someone with a force field could resist her touch but not her eye or scent  etc...

mia h

There could be an interesting encounter or two between Jordan and my second character if\when they get the thumbs up
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Captain Whitebread

Oh, there are a lot of characters that will make for interesting encounters.  Student Body.  Siren.  Angst.    Yeah, there are a lot of controllers in the girl's dorm.

ShadowFox89

Tess is just a nerdy girl... with a supervillain immortal grandfather.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chreestafer

@ ShadowFox, interesting character, but it needs finished :)

@Melisa, your character concept is very interesting, but the age is the conflict, I can see you being just a tad bit older like 22 and being a teacher of sorts, bot not a full fledged teacher at 19.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: Chreestafer on July 29, 2015, 10:17:08 PM
@Melisa, your character concept is very interesting, but the age is the conflict, I can see you being just a tad bit older like 22 and being a teacher of sorts, bot not a full fledged teacher at 19.

I have had a 19 years old tutor before but... o well. What about 20? You know...round number and teacher that kinda as old as the students. Otherwise, I don't mind setting her as 22 (Heroes work experience or something? :'D)