Orc looking for adventure

Started by Gadrai, February 10, 2023, 04:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isengrad

Generally for these types of games where adventure and exploration are the name of the game extreme is a good place to be for potential content. Story over smut, don't mind sex for rp purpose or a little bit of extra layer to a dungeon puzzle or magical ritual.

original artwork by karabiner

Envious

The reason for the plague is super sketch, so there may be plenty of those who don't think those disturbed, ancient places had anything to do with it. With the state of the world the way it is, maybe a benefactor is saying fuck it and paying to send people back down into those lost cities to loot it for all it's worth to see if any artifacts can bring the world out of it's little dark age and back into modern comforts.

Which sets into motion several other unfortunate series of events!

I'd be interested in having a character seeking redemption - someone who did bad things for good, but selfish reasons - and seeing a chance to fix XYZ as their personal crucible to lift the weight of guilt from their shoulders.

Andronica

Quote from: Isengrad on February 12, 2023, 03:22:22 PM
Generally for these types of games where adventure and exploration are the name of the game extreme is a good place to be for potential content. Story over smut, don't mind sex for rp purpose or a little bit of extra layer to a dungeon puzzle or magical ritual.

A ritual involving sex would likely be very primal and for a specific deity (fertility ritual to help imbue the ravaged earth?). I could see it as a possibility if I have more time to ruminate on that...

But using sex to solve a dungeon puzzle seems a bit too "for the sake of it", at least IMO. If that were to come up in play my character would leave that up to someone else to solve 😂

Quote from: Envious on February 12, 2023, 04:13:18 PM
I'd be interested in having a character seeking redemption - someone who did bad things for good, but selfish reasons - and seeing a chance to fix XYZ as their personal crucible to lift the weight of guilt from their shoulders.

I love a good redemption arc. I'm curious how you'll bring that motive into play.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Isengrad on February 12, 2023, 03:22:22 PM

I am disinterested in sex being part of a dungeon puzzle or magical ritual.

Quote from: Envious on February 12, 2023, 04:13:18 PM

I also enjoy redemption arcs. The angle I'd enjoy to take is for my character being someone who is trying their best to forgive and give your character a second chance while they privately grapple with the visceral, emotional urge to condemn them for what they did. If that's of interest. But I do want to work with you to do what I can to help make the story be the best it can be.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Isengrad

Quote from: Cold Heritage on February 12, 2023, 04:31:53 PM
I am disinterested in sex being part of a dungeon puzzle or magical ritual.

Quote from: Andronica on February 12, 2023, 04:22:59 PM
A ritual involving sex would likely be very primal and for a specific deity (fertility ritual to help imbue the ravaged earth?). I could see it as a possibility if I have more time to ruminate on that...

All good, I will be the first one to admit that the puzzle one is always a stretch. The Ritual thing though always seemed feasible since Tantric rites involving the cultivation of sexual energy is a thing outside of fantasy anyway. Was just putting it out there as a thing.

original artwork by karabiner

Andronica

@HairyHeretic, are you going to play a character in the group or act as a GM, or both? It looks like we have five potential adventurers.

HairyHeretic

I'll wait and see what the group mix is like. If there's a role that needs filled, I can bring a character in.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Andronica

Gotcha. In that case I'll firmly plant my flag of interest playing a fey Eladrin druid from the Emerald Enclave (or the comparable role for this setting) as a nice versatile class. Maybe someone her druid circle sent to investigate the rumours of the renewed plague.

Envious

Quote from: Cold Heritage on February 12, 2023, 04:31:53 PM
If that's of interest.

Definitely, and it's something we can chat about more once character creation officially opens to see how we can best link character histories ;)

@Hairy: What is needed from me (us) at this point? Would you like to see character concepts? Plot hooks? Scene ideas? World building? Anything to set things in motion?

HairyHeretic

I'll get an ooc  thread set up in a bit (I'm bunny wrangling atm), and we can discuss that stuff there.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Andronica

HairyHeretic

OOC thread is up

We can move it to a different board if need but, but that should be fine for OOC discussions to get started.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Muse

Eek?  Am I too late?  I have covid and I slept for 36 hours! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Andronica

Not too late. We're still holding out for a couple others I think.

HairyHeretic

You're good. Hope over to the ooc thread.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)