The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies

Started by Mathim, November 18, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

I assumed that it was after WS - remember the computer-driven software aiming the Hydracarrier guns was meant to target threats both current and in the future. So I figured whatever AI algorithms they used to run the things were so good they somehow knew Strange had the potential to be a danger to HYDRA.

SapphireStar

They probably used some of the alien technology leftover from the battle of New York to build new computer networks, etc. Which could account for their ability to predict both current and future potential threats. And, add in some Tesseract energy and you got a supercharged computer. Or, they built something akin to JARVIS who is an AI and capable of thinking, and learning. They've already teased in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. the life model A.I.'s starting with Aida.

TheGlyphstone

Or they're just running deadpool.exe and peeked at Marvel's film release schedule.

Mathim

But the algorithm analyzed career paths, voting patterns and that kind of thing. I'm just wondering, is that what put Strange on their radar or was he actually in the midst of his new calling and that pushed him into their field of vision? Because if they intend to make him faithful to the comics, he'll be very arrogant and self-centered, someone who probably wouldn't necessarily object to being in HYDRA's new world order since he'd benefit greatly from it given his position as a valuable medical professional and fame for that title. So while it's not certain it does make far more sense for him to be already at least in training for sorcery.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SapphireStar

Looks like it is confirmed that Justice League Dark is going to be an animated film. Matt Ryan confirmed to reprise his role as John Constantine.

So far the cast for Justice League Dark is as follows:

Batman: Jason O'Mara
Boston Brand/Deadman: Nicholas Turturro
Jason Blood/Etrigan: Ray Chase
Zatanna: Camilla Luddington (True Blood's Claudette)

Others who haven't had actors revealed for who is playing them: Swamp Thing, Black Orchid, and villains.

Release date is set for around Fall 2016

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on July 27, 2016, 02:47:05 PM
Looks like it is confirmed that Justice League Dark is going to be an animated film. Matt Ryan confirmed to reprise his role as John Constantine.

So far the cast for Justice League Dark is as follows:

Batman: Jason O'Mara
Boston Brand/Deadman: Nicholas Turturro
Jason Blood/Etrigan: Ray Chase
Zatanna: Camilla Luddington (True Blood's Claudette)

Others who haven't had actors revealed for who is playing them: Swamp Thing, Black Orchid, and villains.

Release date is set for around Fall 2016

They never used Boston Brand on the CW shows have they? Seems like it would be a really easy one to do without pushing the special effects budget too far.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SapphireStar

They used Deadman in at least one or two episodes of Justice League when Grodd stole the orb from the monks in Nanda Par Bat. Grodd's plan was to use the orb to turn every human into gorillas.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on July 27, 2016, 07:22:37 PM
They used Deadman in at least one or two episodes of Justice League when Grodd stole the orb from the monks in Nanda Par Bat. Grodd's plan was to use the orb to turn every human into gorillas.

LOL, I remember they did that in Justice League Unlimited! Lex Luthor was like, "Are you freaking serious? THAT was your master plan all this time?"

SapphireStar

The Justice League and Justice League Unlimited cartoons were awesome.

Apparently, a new development has been revealed concerning the Suicide Squad. They have added another character. The Flash played by Ezra Miller will make an appearance in the movie.

Looks like Marvel's Avengers Infinity war Part 1 and 2 will now be just one movie as a standalone. Seriously?!

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on July 30, 2016, 10:54:15 PM
The Justice League and Justice League Unlimited cartoons were awesome.

Apparently, a new development has been revealed concerning the Suicide Squad. They have added another character. The Flash played by Ezra Miller will make an appearance in the movie.

Looks like Marvel's Avengers Infinity war Part 1 and 2 will now be just one movie as a standalone. Seriously?!

JL and JLU were indeed awesome, although I wish the final season of JLU would have been the full 22 or 26 episodes all the other ones were.

They already said Batman was going to be in Suicide Squad, do they really need the Flash too? Isn't the cast already bloated as it is?

And that's not what I had heard about Infinity War. I heard it was going to be something like how they changed up Justice League parts 1 and 2. The first is going to be its own thing, and the second part is going to continue the same story from the first, but have a different subtitle. Kinda like how Winter Soldier started the whole Bucky thing, but Civil War was a continuation of that and utilized elements from the films between the two (Age of Ultron and Ant-Man). Only this time there'll be 3 movies between the two parts. But if that's incorrect I really want to see the article.

greenknight

Quote from: SapphireStar on July 30, 2016, 10:54:15 PM
Doesn't that open this week? If they're releasing new hype this close to release, it doesn't bode well for their expectations :-\
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

TheGlyphstone

From what I can tell, it wasn't any sort of official announcement by the studios. They just released the full cast listing, and the Flash was on it. So it's nothing to do with the studios' expectations or lack thereof, just fans getting hyped about a new bit of info.

Personally, I'm expecting it to be a cameo at best. Boomerang will get a flashback scene at some point, and Flash will be in it.

SapphireStar

They released the footage at Comicon. Apparently,
Suicide Squad Spoiler
Batman recruits The Flash in the movie for the Justice League

I've seen multiple reports each stating that Avengers Infinity War part 1 and 2 will be reduced to just one, and after that an fourth Avengers movie which is untitled. It appears some changes are going on. Its also being reported that season 2 of Jessica Jones will not air until sometime next year? And, the actress who is playing Mockingbird on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will not be returning to the show as she is set to star in Seth McFarlene's space themed tv show.

TheGlyphstone

Are you sure you're not confusing the Suicide Squad trailer with the Justice League trailer? Cause Batman recruits Flash for the JL in that teaser trailer.

SapphireStar

The article said Suicide Squad movie. They must have put that teaser trailer into the Suicide Squad movie.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on July 31, 2016, 12:52:14 AM
The article said Suicide Squad movie. They must have put that teaser trailer into the Suicide Squad movie.

Seems both disorganized AND a bit of a waste, then.

TheGlyphstone

Yeah. I'll stay ambivalent then, cause I really, really doubt even DC's capable of screwing up so badly they would put a JL trailer scene in a completely unrelated movie. Right now, I suspect the article just got some details wrong, or didn't realize what movie/trailer they were watching, and see for certain next Friday.

Mathim

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on July 31, 2016, 10:32:42 AM
Yeah. I'll stay ambivalent then, cause I really, really doubt even DC's capable of screwing up so badly they would put a JL trailer scene in a completely unrelated movie. Right now, I suspect the article just got some details wrong, or didn't realize what movie/trailer they were watching, and see for certain next Friday.

I honestly wouldn't put it past them. The amount of flubs they can be said to have made simply revolving around the trailers and nothing else would still warrant them being capable of making even one as bizarre as that.

Lustful Bride

mia h

It's pretty damn close to the graphic novel, although there's an extra chunk at the start to explain Barbara although I'm not sure the Bruce & Babs sexy times was really needed. Oh and as per usual Alan Moore had his full Lord Voldemort routine in full swing.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: mia h on July 31, 2016, 03:59:55 PM
Oh and as per usual Alan Moore had his full Lord Voldemort routine in full swing.

I don't know enough about Alan Moore to fully understand that reference.

mia h

Lord Voldemort aka. "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named". Basically Moore sold the film rights to just about everything he wrote, because he thought his comics couldn't be turned in movies. Moore thought he was getting money for nothing, then the people that bought the film rights actually went ahead and made the movies, which pissed off Moore to such an extent that he now refuses to have his name credited in anything based on his writing, he also doesn't take any royalties from the movies either. Which is why in 'The Killing Joke' credits Brian Bolland gets a credit for artwork on the graphic but there is no mention of Alan Moore.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

SapphireStar

Adding the intimate relationship of Batman and Batgirl seems to be more of a nod to the Batman Beyond story, which is mentioned by Commissioner Barbara Gordon that she and Bruce did in fact have an intimate relationship for a time. Terry was surprised. Though from recent articles it seems more that they wanted to add more dramatic tension for Batman.

Finally saw B v S: Dawn of Justice. Its interesting, there was a nod to the Death in the Family story where The Joker burned down Wayne Manor after killing Jason Todd. Whose Robin suit is hanging in the batcave spray painted. There was a mention of still good guys in Gotham, and that some good guys turn bad could be a reference to Jason Todd who becomes the Red Hood and sets up the plot for the solo Batman movie coming up. There were some rumors that Jason Todd would make an appearance.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on July 31, 2016, 06:43:25 PM
Adding the intimate relationship of Batman and Batgirl seems to be more of a nod to the Batman Beyond story, which is mentioned by Commissioner Barbara Gordon that she and Bruce did in fact have an intimate relationship for a time. Terry was surprised. Though from recent articles it seems more that they wanted to add more dramatic tension for Batman.

Finally saw B v S: Dawn of Justice. Its interesting, there was a nod to the Death in the Family story where The Joker burned down Wayne Manor after killing Jason Todd. Whose Robin suit is hanging in the batcave spray painted. There was a mention of still good guys in Gotham, and that some good guys turn bad could be a reference to Jason Todd who becomes the Red Hood and sets up the plot for the solo Batman movie coming up. There were some rumors that Jason Todd would make an appearance.

Did you see the Ultimate Version? I'd like to know what the significant differences are if people seem to think it 'fixes' a lot of the problems despite adding half an hour to the length when its runtime was also a source of complaint.

SapphireStar

I did watch the Ultimate Version first. I haven't watched the regular version yet. The Ultimate Edition seemed to flow more easily and played things out a bit more. Plus, they put Jena Malone's scenes back in which helped. There was roughly about thirty or more minutes of extra footage that was put back in.

Interestingly, the guy who played Jimmy Olsen in B v S, is the same guy who played Grant in Smallville who was running the Daily Planet in Season 7, who also turned out to be a clone of Lex's dead brother Julian.