Ladies Of London, Take Two..

Started by Silver, November 16, 2008, 11:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver

Ladies Of London [VAN, UN]:

The base for this current idea that I have within my mind came from the picture below.

In that picture you can see two women and mostly likely can tell they are very different from one another. What is the feeling gotten from the woman upon the right? Is it innocence, morals or a well up bringing? And are your feelings upon the woman upon the left? Is she a conundrum to you, mystery or even someone from a darker place? Those are the things which I wish for you to thinking long and hard upon while you continue reading.

The year would be some time between 1768 and 1868, there for placing it between the Georgian and Victorian Eras. The woman on the right in the picture would be known as Isabella (Bella), and also one of the main character within this tale.  Around the age of seventeen something odd would begin to happen to Isabella.  At first things would be forgotten which would happened during the span of a few hours, unable to remember what had been done no matter how hard she tried. Time would carry on and those forgotten hours would become longer and longer until they turned into days at a time. Next weeks would come and finally grown to a period of two months where nothing could be remembered. In this way it would happen over and over now only with weeks and months gone from memory. Unknown to Isabella those forgotten time periods being experienced were key to something important happening. Another personality was coming forth and taking over Isabella during those times where things were all but forgotten. That personality would name herself Belinda and begin to life a totally different life from the one Isabella was currently living.

Forward in time we would go about two years to when Isabella would be very close to turning nineteen. By now the switching of personalities would have been going on for quite a bit of time. Know both women would be yet no one could be able to think of them as one in the same. A good reason for this would be that Isabella has a life for herself within the higher social circles, while Belinda might be within a higher social circle that was actually knee deep within actions of the darker kind. Try to think about the mafia for an example of how they could be high and powerful while still taking care of things causing them problems, well within this case they would own a few of the cities most treasured brothels and some of those higher up women worked within them from time to time.

Now what I would like to happen within this story would be that a man comes and asks for Isabella's hand in marriage. During that period of courtship he would be a witnessed to that sudden personality switch of Isabella turns into Belinda , confused and angry this man would be wondering what was going on. This said man would have a friend who was a member of that higher up social circle which dripped its hands within taboo things. This other man would have a deep relationship with Belinda, the two would actually be engaged and planning to marry very soon. Between these two friends a dinner could be planned so they could each meet the woman the other speaks so much about, yet before that dinner takes place they would both end up witnessing that personality switch out and be left wondering what could be done. Would one be willing to give up the side they love so the other could grow to love both women, would they try to find a way to split the women into two so they no longer live within the same body.

--------

I would like to try this out as a type of steam-punk game, I've read the background of steam-punk and would really love to give this a good effort. Also I am not sure if this could be turned into a small group game or not with other characters, but if enough people ask me about it then it can be done.

I do believe that is all of the info that I have done so far alone with a notes section if you wish to see it. If there are any other thoughts or questions which you have then please feel free to pm me. I thank you for your time.

O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Hunter

*bows*  I bow to your superior writing skills.   While I'd love to game with you sometime, I feel out of my league.

Silver

Quote from: Hunter on November 16, 2008, 11:30:32 PM
*bows*  I bow to your superior writing skills.   While I'd love to game with you sometime, I feel out of my league.

Thank You Sir. But I don't know why you feel so out of your league.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡