(NC Exotic) Alternate Eden Universe: Post Apocolyptic Superheroine NC

Started by Muse, June 06, 2008, 06:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

A generation ago was a time of power, technology, and prosperity.  Machiens served man.  Armies, police, and superheroes protected their countries, and gods were myths. 

No one's quite sure what happened the day the world ended, but everyone knowes who did it. 

Fallen, a beautiful man from Nazi germany with angelic wings with mastery over fire and darkness.  It was he who blackened out the Atlantic, then, an hour later, exploded, sending walls of steam and tsunami washing over half the planet. 

Everone knowes who was responsible as well. 

Eden. 

The beautiful burnette who defeated fallen after he'd done the same to a city on the East Coast, getting it rebuilt in her name after she'd defeated him, but did she kill him?  no, she locked him up in her tower, or so she told us. 

We all know the truth now.  That she lived in sin in his arms, growing ever stronger, while his followers siezed the City of Gold.  While she won the trust and love of the World. 

So much did the world love her, that when Fallen made the Atlantic go dark, and she told us not to fear, we were not afraid.  When she called to earth's mightiest champions to fight, they came. 

They came and they died. 

Because Eden called them. 

And now she sits on Fallen's right knee in the City of Cibola, where Fallen sits on the throne of the Fourth Riech, with Ubervinch on his right knee. 

That is one hope for protection from the Gods who have returned to rule over us once more, and bed us on a whim, willing or not.  They seek the metahumans more than any others, seeking to make them subservient lovers or the mothers of their children. 

Then there are the machiene empires, each with their own motivation, and no one sure who or what spawned them. 

But there is one other hope... 

A single girl, looking for her mother. 

Looking for her truth... 

Hunted by every god...

Concieved in pleasure and pain and defiance at the moment the world ended. 

She is a warrior, a shape shifter... 

She is the very last human magician, bearer of the true names of earth. 

The only human left with the power of the gods. 

I don't want to do this freeform, but I'm not sure if I can really make it 100% 'game ballanced' either, at least not when it comes to the girl who is the ultimate plot hook. 

(The player of her mother has first dibs on her, but I just hope someone plays her.) 

If anyone's interested in this game, would you consider using the Heroes 5th edition system, with someone flexible point buy scale? 

It could be a simple matter of pitching me a concept (preferably a young woman with metahuman superpowers, though a technologist or a girl who gets her powers from a gemstone she found is also good, virgins preferred but not required) to build a chart for you, and from there, if your a system fan, you can roll your own dice, and if not, i'll handle it.

I don't really want to use Mutants and Masterminds, primarily just because I want to keep the enviorment as a hazard.  In Mutants and Masterminds, it's entirely too easy for just anyone to have a mobility based alternate power that will get them to the next planet in a blink.

I don't see this as a high speed game.  Though I hope to manage two posts a week for each charecter, at least.  I'd also appreciate a deputy GM if anyone's intrested.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Okay, alternate plan for the system. 

We could use Mutants and Masterminds for the System but mobility powers should max out around 100MPH unless they have some special limitation. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RosesandChains

Muse

Setting notes: 

A generation has passed since Fallen's explosion.  Steam and black flame burned millions, and hundreds of thousands more were washed out to sea by the great wave that crashed over the Florida keys, along the East Coast of North and South America.  Presumably the same or worse hit the other hemisphere, but contact with them is limited. 

In the aftermath, with cities glutted in places, blackouts across most of the world, and riots everywhere, the government faltered, and the gods rose up in their place to seize control of the world. 

Today, semi-pastoral city states in the countrysides are the rule of the day.  In the wreckage of the cities, monstrosities spawned by the gods do battle with those who dare hide from their rule and the scavengers sent from the bastions of technology, that normally seem to be unnamed robots. 

If there is a last bastion of humanity, it is Cibola, the lost city of gold, deep in the jungles of Brazila, from which the Fourth Reich has set out to rebuild a fascist state from whence a pure race of super beings can rule over worthy representatives of humanity. 

Character Building (Mutants and Masterminds) 

Characters are PL 8 and female.  See above with regards to mobility powers. 

Links to game boards forthcoming.