A Dark Day At Night: OOC and Interest check(put in the right place finally)

Started by Kristilla, October 20, 2010, 02:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristilla

Night has fallen over Nazraphoria, an ancient floating city in Limbo. Limbo is the space from which everything came and its cities float aimlessly throughout. Those born in these cities are gifted with special abilities, unique to their personality and element. Some are born with more than one element!
Water: Empathy, weather, shape shifting, healing, etc.
Fire: Control over fire, awakening others, finding hidden meaning, death, etc.
Wind: Clearing the way, stealth, sound, getting over the past, flight, etc.
Earth: Stability, creation, healing, memory, control, etc.
Spirit: Healing, love, awakening, summoning, mental powers, etc.
Shadow: Control of shadows, stealth, death, blood magik, etc.
Light: Healing, guidance, illumination, mysticism, etc.

Nazraphoria, along with all of limbo has been locked in a darkness that no one understands. The sun shines behind the moon, making everything glow with an eerie blue light. Shadows crawl across the ground, the buildings, and even the sky holds its own gray/blue mist of clouds. You are either an adventurer that has been summoned to Nazraphoria and trapped by the phenomena, or a Nazraphorian local that's having to deal with the change or trying to find a way to fix the problem. Join us in an epic tale through Limbo to find the source of this darkness.

Character sheet:
Full name:
Nickname(S):
Race:(Nazraphorians are called Limbraiks)
Appearance:
Personality:
Profession:
Weapon(if any):
Magik:
Background:(If you wish to give it)
Other:

RULES:
1. Post at least once a day unless you've said beforehand that you're unable to for a day or two.
2. If no post has been givin in 48 hours the RP will go on without you
3. Content doesn't bother me AT ALL, just don't interfere with the forums rules.
4. You MUST have fun lol. It's a game, enjoy it.

Full name: Kristilla Auratik
Nickname(S): None
Race:Limbraik
Appearance: Navy blue hair to her waist, usually held back by a single braid on either side of her head with the rest hanging loose. She has eyes so dark they look black, and her skin is a light gray. She's 6 foot and slender muscled, prefering to wear dusty gray leather armor with straps and a white/gray cloak with a hood. When being casual she'll wear anything from fine silk dresses to jeans and a t-shirt.
Personality: Has some strange perspectives on life and the like. She is a quiet and deeply spoken, enojoying the hunt and loving the chance to help her loved ones and friends. She's very loving.
Profession: Schollar, Assassin, Theif, Water mage
Weapon(if any): She uses a dagger with a burning chill(Your blood can be poisoned by severe chill if it enters a cut), and a black iron sword enchanted to catch and control the shadows of others.
Magik: She's an empath(She can feel and menipulate the emotions of others), and she uses the elements of water and shadow. A healer.
Background: She grew up in Nazraphoria as the daughter of a great assassin, learning the arts of death from him and learning water magik from the ancient ones. She became a healer and collecter of knowledge, as well as following in her father's footsteps.

"A dark day at night is a special time, full of luminus gloom..."
"If all else fails, BE DRAMATIC!"

Xandria

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

Kristilla

Xandria

Ok here ya go!  Hope it's in line with what you're thinking.   :D

Character sheet:
Full name: Xastasia Cristauk
Nickname(S): None   
Race: Limbraiks
Appearance: Auburn hair flowing in waves to her waist, eye colour is pale gold...her gaze piercing, skin colour is ivory, height is 5’ 10”, her build is slim and athletic.
Personality: Fierce, determined, standoffish, brave and hot headed.  Not one to mince words, she despises false flattery and abhors weakness.  Loyal to the extreme, she will gladly give her life for those she has sworn allegiance.  She tends to act first and ask questions later. She is also solitary and has difficulty trusting others.
Profession: Mercenary for hire, interrogator
Weapon(if any): Favours a broadsword enchanted with Scorching Agony, one swipe of this sword and the victim will feel as though they are on fire from the inside out.  Will often use the Spear of Titian enchanted with Paralyze (a gift from her "Fathers"), for a surprise attack. Various other enchanted items are available for her should she require.
Magik: She can call forth and control fire at will and remains immune to it.  She can easily manipulate others through her mastery of the elements of Fire and Light.
Background: Abandoned as an infant, she was found and raised by an outcast warrior clan, one of Nazraphoria’s most dangerous. Raised as though a boy, she learned how fight and exploit every weakness. Left alone to discover and control her magical elements, she is still not certain of all her abilities, but has no difficulty mastering them once known.
Other:
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. -Oscar Wilde

Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. - Albert Camus

Kristilla

Nope that's awesome! Want me to make the thread so we can start or shall we wait on anyone else?

Xandria

Thanks!  Why not go ahead and create a thread?  We can have fun while waiting.  ;D

Kristilla

Xandria

Hi Kristilla!  I just had to pop in and say teehehe!  *looksapologetic*  When I read your post earlier, I thought you had thrown me a curve ball to see how I'd get myself out of it!  ;D

nk

Character sheet:
Full name: Rook Laun
Nickname: N.K.
Race:Limbraiks

Appearance:
Rook's short black hair is unkempt, uneven, spiky, and hangs down just a few inches above his eyes. The expression that hangs on his face is usually either stoic or that of mild amusement shown by a small smile for some reason. Rook's build consists a solid 5'11 but other than that little bit of info, much else isn't known about him except that which is obvious. His attire consists of but a single loose fitting black robe which effectively covers his entire body. The robe seems to be a few sizes to large for him which makes it difficult for others to accurately assess what effects he carries under it but as to whether this is deliberate or not has yet to be seen.

One more thing to note about Rook's appearance is that he always wears a pair of shades over his eyes regardless of the time of day for some reason.

Personality:
-Trickster-
Rook seems to operates purely for his own amusement, curiosity, and overall enjoyment. He doesn't give off a very threatening vibe given his actions but often comes across to people as someone they should be careful around given his persona. Still, even though he openly operates in such a manner, Rook's true nature is that of absolutely ruthless. He doesn't consider himself above of doing anything he has to in order to get the job done and has a track record of doing just that in the past. 

Profession: N/A. (Informat?)/(Mercenary?)
Weapon: Pair of very light daggers hidden within the sleeves of his robe.
Magik: Shadow Mastery. Slightly Proficient in Wind.
-Able to both meld and move while in the shadows.
-Able to swiftly move due to the wind. (Unable to hide in the shadows and move quickly at the same time.)
-Unable to fly but capable of floating or hovering.

Background:
Not much is known about Rook. To many, he didn't really exist until he'd just showed up one day. As to where he came from or what he did prior to just being around, no one really knew. Rumors floated around about him being a fallen Wind Practitioner who'd happened to fall into the wrong crowds. Others spoke of him as being a ex-assassin who'd grown tired of the game. Oddly enough though, the one who happened to want to know the truth more than anyone else in the world was Rook himself. He wasn't exactly sure what he had could be called amnesia since he seemed to be able to remember practically everything about himself including his age and his birthday. Yet, when it came to remembering his past, it was as though someone erased it. Coming to the conclusion that this wasn't something he could solve himself, Rook went to several Earth Practitioners who were said to have some ability to work with memories and such, but when examined by them he was always told but one thing that always seemed to unsettle him. It was as though he hadn't existed up until now...

Other:
-Likes-
Pulling being whimsical!
-Dislikes-
Light in general.

----------

Mind if I join ya'll? =D?

Xandria

nk

AlphaMale

I think i may have complicated an already complex storyline and characters; ignore my post and ill leave you to it :) have fun

AlphaMale
Currently no longer taking any more Roleplays or games as i am thoroughly overwhelmed already, many apologies.

If all else perished, and she remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and she were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.

At your will,
AlphaMale

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=89215.0

nk

Eh? Its not really complex, just didn't know where you were in relation to everyone else was man o_o;;

AlphaMale

Currently no longer taking any more Roleplays or games as i am thoroughly overwhelmed already, many apologies.

If all else perished, and she remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and she were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.

At your will,
AlphaMale

Xandria

Well the confusion made me chuckle. hehe   I'm a beginner at forum based RP, and made a faux pas in the beginning with this one, but i think it's all good!  As long as we're all having fun!  :D

nk

AlphaMale

At your will,
AlphaMale

nk

Anyways. Sorry about that again. I didn't really get the point you were making in your post >_<

My failure as a RPer XD

AlphaMale

At your will,
AlphaMale

nk