Corrupt a wish

Started by Twilightfiredragon, October 04, 2011, 02:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StormAngelus

Granted, but you get so overwhelmed very quickly that you can't get anything done.

I wish I could get into more types of RPs...
"Pulseless and cold, with a Derringer by his side and a bullet in his heart, though still as calm as in life, beneath the snow, lay he who was at once the strongest and yet the weakest of the outcasts of Poker Flat." - Bret Harte

Boatman

You are afflicted with multiple personalities (MPD), which breed with one another, and the effect cascades until you are no longer able to keep up with yourselves.

I wish I could get around to writing the work I really want to write.
History, where creative writing was born.

SMR Rein

Wish granted! You are able to get around to the writing you want to do, but cannae find a muse with which to writee anything.

I wish for food. Non-disusting food. Of the edible kind. Preferrably food for a human.
Be bold

Boatman

You discover the food of human love, but become addicted and have to keep returning for more until you become so large you can no longer find yourself.

I wish I could control time so I could finish things in it.

SMR Rein

Wish granted. You can make time slow down for four seconds. Or you can stop it entirely for half a second. But afterward, you have to wait three days before you can use your powers again.

I wish for one thing.
Be bold

StormAngelus

You get the one thing, but it's a box that you have to keep opening because there is a .01% chance that something will eventually show up.

I wish I could play an instrument.
"Pulseless and cold, with a Derringer by his side and a bullet in his heart, though still as calm as in life, beneath the snow, lay he who was at once the strongest and yet the weakest of the outcasts of Poker Flat." - Bret Harte

SMR Rein

You can play the trombone, but you can only play Jingle Bells.

I wish this box played a different tune every time I opened it.
Be bold

Kakihara

Wish granted.  Every time you open up the box it plays a different tune but the random tunes make dogs cry out, ears bleed, muscles vibrate uncontrollably or is a 'brown note'.

I wish I could dance like Fred Astaire. 

StormAngelus

Granted, but then you get stuck in a heavy metal concert for the rest of your life!

I wish I had some wine right about now.

Bandit 600

Granted, but now whenever you speak, you have to dance.

I wish I could control time and space

Kakihara

Ok.  *Hands Bandit a plastic cage with two hamsters in it*  This is Time and this is Space.  And this thing they are in is a big ball of wibbily wobbly timey wimey stuff.  You can control them with your mind.  Good luck.

I wish I could be a famous movie director.

StormAngelus

Granted, but you're famous for the b-rate movies that go straight to dvd. xD

I wish I could be prettier.

Boatman

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
And a whole race that beholds you, worships you as the prettiest being in the universe.
Unfortunately, you cannot stand them.
Such is life.

I wish I wasn't distracted so easily.

Rhedyn

Granted. It's now impossible for you to do or think of anything outside of the single task you are doing in any given moment. Conversing with more than one person at a time is impossible since you are only able to focus on one person at a time and spontaneous, random ideas never come your way again.

I wish it wasn't such a grey day today.

StormAngelus

Granted, but now the clouds never come back and the darkness never comes - 24 hour sunshine. Yay.

I wish I were able to go on vacation.

Boatman

Fortuitously or not, you become a travel rep going on everyone else's special vacation and find you develop an insatiable yearning for home sweet home.

I wish I could find Avalon.

ErisXfrost

Granted!

You find Avalon, but it turns out to be some weird form of beauty product.

I wish I was at the beach.

Kakihara

Granted. You find yourself on a beach. A beautiful beach full of old, wrinkly men in Speedos walking around. And they all are whining for you to rub sun tan lotion on their geriatric skin.

I wish I could sleep, wonderful, restful sleep.

StormAngelus

Granted, but then you prefer to stay in the astral realm as opposed to reality, and never wake again.

I wish I could go anywhere I wanted with no concern for money or law.

Boatman

The great news is that you can go wherever you want, irrespective of money or law, but you instantly forget the experience.
So, unfortunately, you keep going to the same place again and again thinking it is new.

I would love to own a powerful motorcycle once again and enjoy the freedom of the open road.

Bruja

Done! But your motorcycle has no way to start it...so you may push it out on the open road as much as you like...

I wish I had a villa in Tuscany

Boatman

You receive notification that you are to inherit a splendid classical Tuscan villa from a relative you didn't know existed.

Excitedly, you fly in to view whilst your lawyers are working on the transfer deeds.

You are greeted on the threshold by a beautiful serving girl who, after feeding you a juicy grape, utters the Curse of the Vestals which comes with the property. Although the girl only speaks Latin, you somehow understand the meaning of her incantation,
"It is the will of Coelia Concordia that if the mistress of the house lies with another, she will be buried alive as those of millennia afore."
You try to put an urgent call through to your lawyers, but keep hitting the wrong numbers...

I really wish I had come up with a more jolly post.

Chi

You do, but it's in Sumerian and no one speaks it anymore.

I wish I could be in the next Star Wars movie
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~

StormAngelus

Granted, but it's a bit part and they eventually cut it out in editing.

I wish I could fly.

Chi

Granted, but unfortunately you can only fly in one direction.... down *snerks*

I wish I could write more
~~~ Language is my canvas, and words are my palette. Wanna finger paint?  ~~~