News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavlois

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on August 12, 2012, 10:19:47 PM
Is it that big of a deal though?

Yes. Yes it is. Attention to detail, my good sir.
O/O

Shjade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on August 12, 2012, 10:19:47 PM
Is it that big of a deal though?

I don't know about it being a big deal, but it's minor "off" details like that that tend to indicate something might be fake or otherwise inaccurate.

In other news, I got Brand last week and am rather enjoying him. Starting to get a feel for the rhythm of his combos after a few vs. AI games.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

Completely unrelated:  I want the opening theme song for the current Diana load screen.  That's an epic song!
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

◕/◕'s

Life in Color

Did anyone else watch the IPL stream yesterday?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Gavlois on August 12, 2012, 11:15:51 PM
Yes. Yes it is. Attention to detail, my good sir.

I'm just going to leave this alone.

EDIT:  I hit 30 last night and now am doing only ARAM pvp.  So pm for summoners name... For those who care I have 47 champs so I wont get stuck with my best all the time.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Samael

Quote from: Cybrewaste on August 12, 2012, 08:43:07 PM
A few of the Art Rioters did an AMA on reddit about the new UI. I believe that's an earlier iteration of it. This is the latest iteration in their development.

More of the same.
Give me the ability to move the pieces of the UI around to place where I want them, then I'll be happy.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Revelation

There are some characters with an 'ultimate' thats not really an ultimate at all (IE: Udyr) but a skill with 5 ranks. So its probably for that. Why make a Ui exception for a few cases when its just not that big a deal to have 5 ranks on the ultimate bar?

Edit: Oops. this was in regard to the discussion about the new UI having 5 ranks on the ulti slot. Apparently those are old posts.

Shjade

Interesting. I didn't know phoenix stance had 5 ranks. Udyr must be the only character in the game who can rank his R ability up to 5. O.o
◕/◕'s

Revelation

Phoenix stance isn't really an ultimate, its just a skill. All of his skills have 5 ranks, which means you'll end up 5/5/5/3 in ranks, with the 3 being one of the 4 skills. Generally its either Tiger or Phoenix, depending on which is your Udyr build.

Shjade

I would think you'd leave bear for 3 since all that boosts is movement speed.
◕/◕'s

Ryven

I like the new UI.  I also tried Zyra.  She's fun, but she doesn't suit my play style very well because placing her seeds effectively is the issue I have. 

ofDelusions

Quote from: Shjade on August 14, 2012, 02:28:23 AM
I would think you'd leave bear for 3 since all that boosts is movement speed.

Well the bear provides the stun, and he stun is most of his srenght in lategame teamfights.

Shjade

Right, but the stun doesn't get longer at higher ranks. The only thing that improves by leveling up bear stance is the movement speed you get when you activate it.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on August 14, 2012, 09:54:30 AM
I like the new UI.  I also tried Zyra.  She's fun, but she doesn't suit my play style very well because placing her seeds effectively is the issue I have. 

even planting them, they can be avoided and destroyed easily.  Her R is okay and the stun is decent at best but overall I do not like her.  Glad I bought Diana instead... Even though we all know she is going to get a big smash from the nerf hammer.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on August 14, 2012, 07:35:43 PM
even planting them, they can be avoided and destroyed easily.  Her R is okay and the stun is decent at best but overall I do not like her.  Glad I bought Diana instead... Even though we all know she is going to get a big smash from the nerf hammer.

I've heard that from a few people now.  I also hear she's mana hungry.  She'll probably get nerfed into the ground then brought up to standard levels like most other champions.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on August 14, 2012, 07:38:44 PM
I've heard that from a few people now.  I also hear she's mana hungry.  She'll probably get nerfed into the ground then brought up to standard levels like most other champions.

My Diana is never mana hungry, her spells have some of the lowest costs.  If they are mana hungry they must be ability farming creeps.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on August 14, 2012, 07:54:32 PM
My Diana is never mana hungry, her spells have some of the lowest costs.  If they are mana hungry they must be ability farming creeps.

I've heard that from more than one person so far, but I've never played her.

Shjade

She's probably mana-hungry the way Darius or AP Yi are mana-hungry: it only comes up if you're ability-farming creeps or, more noticeably, if you end up in a prolonged fight. Darius doesn't need a lot of mana for harassment, but after a few combos in a teamfight he's running on fumes.
◕/◕'s

Samael

Diana's going to be nerfed for sure, because right now she's beating everyone up... in mid.
They intended for her to be jungle (which she is meh at, really, compared to other junglers), but she absolutely destroys mid.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

ofDelusions

Well, looking at statistics, Diana only has good winrates at sub-platinum level games. At pla she has 53% winrate, which is strong, but Zyra for example had somehing 58% before the nerfs.

Of course, I don't play at that level, but she definately feels a lot more like a pub stomper to me.

Heck, I expect Ezreal to be nerfed before her.

Shjade

Why would they nerf Ezreal...? Was he buffed recently and I didn't notice?
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

In the new patch they are not touching Diana....  Though I do wish they'd just rework her so that she can't jungle due to it being shitty and way to slow.  I play her top lane and on bottom, though I don't just go balls to the walls like most do.   Like with Darius I try to trade off kills with my lane partner unless it is the carry then I just beat em' up and let them get the last hit.

The Golden Touch

I'm amused to say I played Soraka with Sin last night and was actually having fun. Odd... I'm usually a fairly subpar support in other games.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences