News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Haunted

Started by bri4me1025, October 31, 2010, 10:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bri4me1025

Setting:

A boarded up abandoned house sits at the end of a dead end road in Somerset, Maine. It's late night just past midnight the night before Halloween. Boards cover the windows of the two story brownstone building, the front door of the house is barely hanging on it's rusted hinges. A weather worn for sale sign stands on the rotted lawn out front to the left of the rotting wood steps leading up to it's rickety front porch. There is a cold wind whipping dying leaves scattered around the front lawn. Rumor has it that the Bishop family that once lived in this house were murdered here and that their spirits remain. Many people have dared to go into the house through the hole in the boards at the back of the house, few have stayed the whole night.

My Character:

Briana is twenty four years old, blond hair and blue eyed ( I usually use Alicia Lattimer for Bri ). She is short standing at 5'3 and has a small frame. She's active and runs a mile each morning to stay in shape. She is a quiet woman that keeps to herself. She tends bar and spends most of her time there drinking when she's off the clock. Bri socializes on occasion but she's introverted and doesn't feel that she really fits in. She's heard about the Bishop house and is very curious about it. She's taken it upon herself to see if the rumors are true. Her plan is to sneak into the abandoned house and see for herself. She's told no one where she's going. Bri does believe in the supernatural and is very superstitious. Her friends call her dorky she calls herself different. She's fresh out of a bad break up and in defiance over it. He continues to call her but she won't answer his calls. This is the last place he'd think to look for her, another reason to spend the night here. Bri will bring with her a backpack filled with items that she thinks she may need, one of the being a flask filled with Whiskey.

nik200

((Ill post my character and if you are ok with it we can start))

My character:

Derek is 27 years old, with jet black hair and green eyes. He is stands at 6'6 and is quite a stocky guy, though not completely muscly, he is quite fit and decently built with decent strength. He does not do so much physical excercise as much as playing basketball everyday. He works as a lawyer in a big firm in town and is quite good at his job. People nickname him the reaper because of his ruthlessness when finishing off opponents in the courtroom. He has many friends which he himself does not consider to be friends. He considers them to be parasites, but they understand his behavior and put up with him. The one thing Derek prides himself on is being a guy who does not scare easily. His friends have tried everything to scare him, but he has never been scared even once in front of them yet. So they all told him about the Bishop house, and how it was haunted and that he wouldnt last even one hour in that house. Derek who likes a good challenge accepted it and said that if he was to win, they would have to pay him $500. Derek now heads to the house to prove everyone wrong, he brings his bag with a camera, a flashlight, 2 bottles of water and his ipod.

bri4me1025

12:27 am

Bri rounded the house at the end of Turner Lane and looked up at the Bishop house. It didn't look scary it looked like an abandoned house. True to her curious nature she'd planned to spend the next twenty four hours here and nothing was going to prevent her from doing it, short of a cop showing up to arrest her for tresspassing. With a shrug she steeled her shoulders and pulled the strap of her backpack higher up her shoulder. Inside her backpack she carried a flash light, her flask, a blanket shoved into the bottom of it. She tucked away a few package of crackers and cheese to snack on when she got hungry.

Leaves crunched underneath her feet and she winced with each step she took. In the dark of night the sounded echoed in her ear and she could swear it could be heard down the street. She ambled up to the back door and leaned to the side to peer into the window. Seeing no one inside she leaned down and scurried through the hole in the boards and into a back room of the house. In the dark it appeared to be a laundry room of sorts.

Once her eyes had adjusted to the pitch black welcoming her into the house she unzipped her backpack and pulled out her flashlights. Flicking the switch on it a small beam of light pierced the darkness, now she was in business. Bri made her way through the laundry room and into a hallway. She followed it until she found herself in what she thought was the living room. White dust covered sheets fluttered in the breeze filtering in through the boarded up windows and she shivered. It was going to be a long cold night.

nik200

12:28 am

Derek was really annoyed at the fact that he had to change from his perfectly good suit today. Not that Sally and Jared had anything nice to say to him. This stupid challenge was eating up a lot of valuable time for him. Still, he could not really complain. This was going to be the easiest 500 bucks he has ever earned. Those fools thought some stupid rumor about some stupid house was going to scare him? Well, he was certain they were going to fear ever crossing the Reaper that was sure.

Derek liked his little nickname, it made others fear him and respect his power to win court cases, he was definitely very happy with this nickname and wanted to cash in on it as much as he could. Derek finally reached the house. From the outside, the cold and chilly weather perhaps added to what was supposed to be a scary and dark atmosphere, but as soon as Derek took a look at the house, he resisted the urge to burst into laughter. This was it? The mighty scary Bishop house? Derek looked at the address just to make sure and then walked around the house, to the backdoor, he did not want to be risked getting caught for breaking an entering. He peeked in through the windows at the back and saw nothing yet. He then found a hole and thanked god for his good luck in finding such an obvious entrance. He crawled through and came out inside the house. He was at a laundry area. Something felt strange, very strange, still he didnt let it get to him, he was clearly not afraid, but still he as cautious, just like he had always been in his life. He came to a hallway and walked towards what looked like a living room where he saw a light flashing "Whos there?"

bri4me1025

Boards creaked underfoot and Bri jerked each time the sound reached her ears. She was being ridiculous and knew it but still she was alone in a dark house left empty for years. It was freaky but not out right scary. She was partly disappointed at it just being a simple run down house and not a haunt factory. Because she had somewhat of a fascination with the supernatural and an avid addict of the television she'd expected it to be more eerie inside. She walked around the living room taking care where she stepped, the boards were old and weathered and not very sturdy.

She sank down on the edge of the couch and her backpack strap slipped down to her elbow. She lifted it and sat it down next to her on the couch and began rooting around in it. Pushing past the water bottles she felt around until she found the extra batteries for her flashlight laying atop the blanket at the bottom of the bag. At least she didn't have to worry about spending the entire night in the pitch dark. Being alone she didn't mind too much she'd grow accustomed to it. It was a little lonely but it was better than the alternative, being in a relationship she was miserable in. Bri was settling back on the couch when she heard a voice ring out in the house from where she'd come a few moments before. Bri bounded to her feet, the light of her flashlight swinging towards where she'd heard the male voice. "No one!" she called back in response to the clear male voice. Bri chuckled at herself and then her smile froze on her face. Why was there a man here? Was he a squatter? Had she stumbled into his makeshift home? Christ, she hoped not. "You're tresspassing," she muttered, wrapping her arms around herself.

nik200

Derek felt like chuckling when he heard that female voice say no one. OF course this would happen, he was such an idiot to think they would never stoop this low. They completely underestimated his courage at a time like this? Still though, he must have admitted that it was humorous the way this person replied to his question.

Derek then said "First of all, i hope you realise that when you said no one, it means there is actually someone. Second, if im tresspassing what does that make you? I highly doubt you are the legal owner of this property. Thirdly, is this seriously the best Sally and Jared could cook up? They send someone to scare me? Really? I swear if there was ever an intelligence problem it would be with those guys, so i tell you what, judging by your voice , you must be a girl, you reveal yourself so you can avoid the painful chore of me finding you and telling you what a ridiculously bad job you are doing when it comes to even trying to scare me. So what do you say? Want to show yourself?"

Derek was being kind in his book. He could have attakced if he thought this was a real threat. Still he wanted to give a chance to this person to show themselves. He also did not want to make too much noise to attract any unwanted attention from the police or the neighborhood watch.

bri4me1025

Bri did chuckle when this fella began his spiel. He was amusing that much she noticed right off. Nice voice, deep but not too deep that she had a hard time understanding him. He was a serious minded man she picked right up on that from the way he spoke to her. He wasn't just some errant kid that had happened upon the house. His words went on to prove that when he mentioned two more strangers.

She quirked a brow though he couldn't see it in the darkness stretched between them. For a brief moment she wondered if her ex had sent him here to keep an eye on her. Thinking that he wouldn't bother she shrugged off that notion and took a hesitant step closer, flashlight clutch defensively in her hand. "I realize that...and yeah, I guess I'd be trespassing too." She chuckled again but felt the hairs on the nape of her neck stand up. "Sorry, don't know who Sally and Jared are. Friends of yours?" Bri shook her head in answer in response to her trying to scare him then realized he'd not see her shaking her head in the pitch dark. "No, I was wondering the same about you." She wasn't sure if she wanted to show herself or not. She didn't know this man.

Deciding last minute it couldn't hurt she stepped closer and into a bean of moonlight that slanted through the boards of the boarded up window. She smiled slightly and switched her flashlight from one hand to the other one then shifted her weight from one foot to the other, feeling a little anxious at a man she didn't know being in a dark abandoned house with her. "Briana. Thought I'd stay the night here, see if the rumors were true? I'm guessing you're doing the same? If so...uhhh....want to show yourself?"

nik200

Derek came into a place where she could see him. He flashed his own torchlight on her. She was really quite pretty, but these things were not going to faze Dereks judgement, he was a strong man and no charms of a woman would let him keep his guard down that was for sure. However as Derek noticed again, she was very pretty.

Derek then said "So you dont know Sally and Jared? Yes they are my friends as you would call them , i call them something else. How do i know your not lying? You could have set traps all over the house for i know? Oh well , no big deal, even if you are lying , ill thwart it every single time."

Derek then walked along side her for a bit "So you came here to see if the rumors were true is it? Are you one of those ghost fanatics that need to see something supernatural to pleasure themselves at night? AHAHHAHAHAHA." Derek was laughing, he did know a few ghost buffs and always mocked them when he had the chance, though he never pushed too far, fanatics can react crazily to anything. "Im surely no the same as you anyway, im here for $500 easy , besides the whole world knows, there is no such thing as ghosts"

bri4me1025

Bri shined her light on this man and he'd yet to give her his name. Maybe he hadn't heard her or she hadn't spoken loud enough. Sometimes she'd have to be told to speak up to be heard, often times not. She wrinkled up her nose and blinked her eyes rapidly when she shined his flashlight in her face. Raising a hand she held it in front of her eyes and squinted them trying to see him past the blinding light in her eyes.

She shook her head and opened her mouth to answer his question about knowing his friends but he continued talking. He was confident, he reeked of it and she had to smile at it. Good looking and confident, not too bad she thought with a blush rising to her cheeks. Flicking her light away so she didn't blind him with it she laughed softly. "Nope, don't know any Sallys or Jareds. I'm not lying but I don't expect you to believe me, you don't even know me." Bri chuckled again at his confidence she was laughing in part because she envied him. "I wouldn't know how to set a trap, sorry to disappoint you. And you still haven't given me your name."

Bri fell into step next to Derek as they made their way through the rickety and decaying old house. She shivered from the constant chill in the air, looking at the man next to her out of the corner of her eye. "That's why I'm here. I was curious. I do believe in ghosts, why can't someone not be at rest? Makes sense to me." She didn't take offense to what Derek had said she'd heard it all before and it didn't phase her. Bri heard a creaking behind them and moved a little closer to him, smiling slightly. "You say that now, no such things as ghost. What are you going to do if you see one?"

nik200

Derek chuckled slightly and then looked to her "Exactly why should i give you my name? Oh, alright, its Derek, my name is Derek, so what is yours? Come now, i gave you my name, surely you can give me yours?" Derek was not feeling uncomfortable around this girl, which worried him. If she was not sent by Jared or Sally, then she was telling the truth and she is really here to find or chase ghosts, and that was not something he was thrilled with either.

He then said "What about me seeing a ghost? It wont happen so i wont have to worry about it, besides, all you have is some video recording of what you thought was a ghost, and some stupid sound or something which is meant to be proof that a ghost exists. It makes no difference to me one way or the other, you can stick to your ghost hunting, i am here to get some easy money." Derek then walekd across the living oom and put his bag down. He opened it and took out one bottle of water. All this talking was making him thirsty.

He then sat down to think about something "So how long will you be here, oh mighty ghost hunter? Will you trap the ghost with some sort of suking device ? HAHAHAAHA" It was very amusing to Derek that shebelieved in ghosts so strongly. He certainly wasn't going to be afraid of some spirit that cant bloody stay in the ground.

bri4me1025

Bri shrugged a shoulder. When he put it that way it kinda made sense. She was a complete stranger to him and he to her and she was asking him something personal, who he was. She ended up chuckling right along side him and slanted a look over at him out of the corner of her eye. To stare at him would be even, didn't matter if she found him pleasing to look at. He was right once again, he'd now given his name and she'd give hers. "Briana, my friends call me Bri. I'll answer to either one," she said with a polite smile.

Derek was adamant that he wasn't going to see a ghost and maybe they wouldn't but it didn't mean they weren't out there....somewhere. "You say that now. Maybe there aren't ghosts, I don't know, it's why I'm here...Derek." she replied, brushing her hair off her shoulders and tucking it behind her ears. "I hope you get your money, and maybe I'll be proven wrong. Guess we'll have to wait and see huh? Bri chuckled again. She heard a noise off to her left that sounded a bit like footsteps and stopped dead in her tracks. She was about to ask if he'd heard it too when he was talking to her again.

Without giving it any thought she reached out and grabbed hold of his hand. She was scared, he was there, men were supposed to protect women. Holding his hand made perfect sense to her. "I'm not planning on trapping one. Just seeing if rumors are true, good chance they aren't." Derek wasn't the least bit afraid and she was glad one of the wasn't. Hearing footsteps again she moved closer and knocked into him, apologizing under her breath and tugging on his hand, "That's not bothering you is it?" she asked, liking the way his hand felt in hers.

nik200

Derek was aware of his surroundings, and he knew he would have to somehow find a commonground with this girl in order for the night to be bearable at the very least. Derek then replied to her "Oh your name is Bri? Good, i rather keep it simple than over complicate things like the name."

Derek heard a noise, and he did not like the noises he heard. Footsteps? Well whoever this new tresspasser was, he wasnt going to make life easy for him . Derek then felt Bris hand touch his, she was holding his hand. Derek was close to blushing , but he didnt. He wanted to complain or at least say something, but he didnt. He then looked to her, she was very pretty, and he then looked away to make sure he didn't look too embarrassed about it. Not that girls hadnt tried this before, but most girls couldn't bare his obnoxiousness. This is the first girl that wasnt so annoyed with him, so he didnt know how to react , either way he said "Hmmmph, probably another ghost enthusiast like you, or worse a burglar. No problem, im here, so i can beat the shit out of him before he can touch us... i mean me.."

bri4me1025

While Bri felt a bit awkward holding Derek's hand she felt safer in doing so and wasn't letting go anytime soon. She took encouragement from his not snatching his hand back and she smiled to herself. His comment about her name amused her, he was a serious minded fella and she simply wasn't but she could respect the fact that he was. "Simple is good. I like simple." She smiled at him but doubted he'd see it in the darkness surrounding them.

She stuck by his side not for one minute having any intention of being seperated, safety in numbers and all that. He was a man and by default she felt him a protector. His hand was warm in hers and she liked how it felt. She ran her thumb lightly over the back of his hand while sticking close to him. The house creaked and groaned around then sending a shudder through her, Bri was sure she was letting her mind play tricks on her but better to be safe than to be sorry. Derek wasn't a believer and that was alright with her he didn't have to be, for some seeing was believing and she made no bones about it. "You say that like it's a bad thing. I'm not that bad, not really. I just believe that not all spirits are at rest, I could be wrong." She frowned at his changing his tune last minute to protecting himself and she frowned a bit but held tighter to his hand. "You aren't really gonna leave me to fend for myself are you?" she asked, her voice a little shakey revealing her nervousness.

nik200

Derek groaned, he now actually felt guilty for saying that, he was only trying to assert that he was going to look after himself. However, the girls voice and desperation towards his hand was really stirring him up. He cursed his human heart to a thousand hells for the sort of soft hearted nonsense he was going to show here.

Derek then said "Of course im not going to leave you alone silly girl, hmmmph, i have to stay here all night you know? Its part of my bet, so im not going to be leaving you alone at all. Jeez, we should really think about getting warm, its freezing like hell on ice in here, and no those sounds are NOT GHOSTS, so stop that shivering, most likely its the wind and the fact that this house is so old that even ancestors had tea here.." Derek then dragged her along with him to the side of the living room. He put the sounds in a far corner of his mind, he firmly believed that the sounds could be a number things, but ghosts were certainly not one of them.

bri4me1025

He groaned and she frowned. She was overreacting and knew that she was, not that she could really help it. Bri wasn't meaning to be a drama queen but felt now that that was exactly what she was coming off as, a drama queen. She used her unoccupied hand to brush her hair out of her face and tucked it back behind her ears.

Her head turned so that she was looking at him and she smiled when she felt she'd gotten an apology. It wasn't an out right apology but it was good enough for her. Bri gave Derek's hand a reassuring squeeze and nudged him lightly, playfully with her shoulder. "I am being silly, I know. I'm sorry. If you say there aren't any ghosts here I'll go along with you, for now. You're umm...your girlfriend isn't gonna be upset that you're stuck here all night with me is she? I hope not." She laughed softly and shrugged her shoulder, drawing closer to him. "I'm all for getting warm. But we can't start a fire, the light will be seen from the street. Any idea on how else to get warm? Maybe there are blankets around here." In truth she wouldn't mind his arms around her to warm her up but she didn't dare speak it.

nik200

The word girlfriend was mentioned. God he hated that word. It cursed and haunted him. Derek had never had a girlfriend in his life and this was a point he never wanted people to know. It had never bothered him before, because women to him were a hindrance to his career and his well being. But now that Bri had mentioned it, he daunted having to tell her this fact. "I dont have a girlfriend ... never have, its no big deal"

Derek was then looking around , there were no blankets, and he was running out of ideas. She was beginning to shiver a little harder. He then grabbed her and wrapped his arms around her, feeling her warmth run through his body. He was blushing a little bit "Im just helping you so you dont freeze to death, it would look bad on me if you died you know?" Derek was enjoying this feeling no matter how hard he tried to deny it. She was so warm and so comforting to hold on to.

bri4me1025

She waited a bit anxiously to see whether or not she was going to have an angry or jealous girlfriend to contend with having been found out to stay over night in this house with her boyfriend. She looked at Derek curiously and when he answered her she nodded her head at him, and swallowed thickly. No girlfriend. Why she was glad to she wasn't sure but the fact remained that she was. "Oh. Okay. Don't you get lonely? You've really never had a girl friend? I find that hard to believe." She smiled at him and shrugged her shoulder at him.

His arms went around her and she sighed contentedly and wondered where it had come from and blushed, heat rising to her cheeks. "Now I'm warming up," she replied quietly. Her arms lifted a bit hesitantly and went around his waist. "You're a nice man, Derek. Thank you for not letting me freeze to death." She lifted her face towards him and smiled. "Are you warming up?" she asked softly. Bri wasn't nearly as afraid as she had been moments before.