Wrath of the Dragonkin

Started by Lady Jenn, June 08, 2018, 06:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

The world is wild and barely controlled. Ouside of a handful of large settlements humanity live in small pockets of civilization. One of the settlements is the fortress city of Tarnegar, but although it appears safe from outside threat the real danger of the city lies within.

It is ruled by a tyrant, King Myraz, who has ruled for longer than any of his subjects have lived. His unnatural lifespan stems from a dragonkin artefact, stolen a century and a half before from the king of Dragonblight himself, Stormrider. With the power the king wields it seems none can oppose him.

There are a handful intent on stopping Myraz however. Your father believes, if Stormrider could be contacted, that he may aid you in retrieving the artefact and defeating Myraz once and for all. The journey is treacherous but Myraz's men are preparing to move against your father.

The greatest adventure of your life lies ahead, but with miles of hostile country between you and Dragonblight can you live long enough to seek the aid of a race that hates humans?

This is a fantasy world, full of elves, orcs, dragons etc. but your character is human. I have no preference as to whether your character is male or female. It would be nice to not have this RP die on me for once :-/

Willow Sol

(Is it possible that I could join this while I wait for my approval? I am itching for a roleplay and I really love fantasy. I'd obviously be willing to continue even after accepted. I would be playing a young adult male, perhaps by the name Luca)
what better way to live life than to create a world of your own and disappear there

Request Threads:
Adult | Non-Adult | Tracker

Lady Jenn

I'd be cool with that :) do you mind doing a character sheet?

Willow Sol

(Sure can I just wanted to make sure it was alright with you before just plopping in.
Not sure how in depth you want the character sheet, but here's a basic. I didn't want to do much of a history as you already mentioned his father. I didn't want to intrude if you already had a plot for the father and what kind of upbringing Luca would have.

Name: Lucas Huxley (Luca)
Age: 24 (You mentioned his father, not sure if he is joining Luca on the journey or not so I can raise or lower his age if you'd like)
Appearance: Link

Lucas stands at a fairly average height of 6'10" (208cm). His hair is soft and short brown, naturally shaggy in appearance. The bangs are kept short enough to keep out of the way of a pair of deep blue eyes with a consistently watchful expression. Luca is overall a handsome man, well dressed and as fit as any able-bodied man one would find.

Personality:
Luca is a very straightforward individual. He is blunt but not overly rude about anything. He is chivalrous and dutiful. There are times when Luca can be selfish for the sake of himself and his family. He is stubborn and defiant. If he believes something is a better option he will take it despite what others might think. He's a closed book that needs a little prying but with loyalty and trust, he'll do anything for you.)
what better way to live life than to create a world of your own and disappear there

Request Threads:

Lady Jenn

Essentially (this isn't necessarily saying you need to alter the character sheet, unless you feel it'd help the character) his father is part of a resistance against Myraz, although at the point the story begins Luca doesn't know this, although one thing he does know (and the reason why his father is trying to fight against the King) is that his mother was killed by Myraz many years before the start of the story.

Are there any questions you want to ask?

Willow Sol

(That helps explain it a bit more. Who are you playing exactly is my only question? The father or another member of the resistance or something?)

Request Threads:

Lady Jenn

I'm...I suppose I'd best be described as a GM, because there are a LOT of NPCs in this RP lol

Willow Sol

Ooh okay :D That'd be neat then. I'm definitely very interested. Should I start a post or do you have a premade one? And where would you like it to begin?

Request Threads:

Lady Jenn

Well I have an opening post I was waiting to do till I knew anyone was interested, are you ready to go?

Willow Sol

Yes unless you wanted to plot more.

Request Threads:

Lady Jenn

What do you mean? Sorry, might just be that it's too early in the morning for me to brain properly lol

Willow Sol

We can start unless you wanted to clear anything else first.

Request Threads:

Lady Jenn

Willow Sol

Quick question first, does my character already know about needing to go out on this adventure or is your character going to approach him with this?

Request Threads:

Lady Jenn

He doesn't yet, I'll leave it up to you as to why he's visiting, cos otherwise it might be a bit weird for him to just randomly turn up at the blacksmith's door

Willow Sol

Alright, sounds good (:. I'll start on a reply then.

Request Threads:

Lady Jenn