Thread Template

Started by greenandgold, March 20, 2018, 02:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenandgold

So, here's the thing. I'm hoping that someone can tell me how to convert a code so that I can use thread templates on the board.

The code that I use for my templates is called doHTML, and before anyone asks, I don't know the first thing about converting code. Any help from someone who's a whiz at coding, thanks in advance.

Pic of finish product: https://i.imgur.com/077uLEL.png

Here is the code:

[doHTML]<center><div style="width: 500px; height: 525px; background-color: efefef; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/G3xaMyc.jpg); padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: BlackJack; font-size: 10px; line-height: 100%; color: 606060; border: 10px solid #FB0303;">

<center><span style="font-family: BlackJack; font-size: 25px; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: -1px; font-weight: lighter; line-height: 58%; color: white;">I'm Supergirl and I'm here to save the world,
</span>

<span style="font-family: BlackJack; font-size: 18px; text-transform: ; color: red; letter-spacing: 0.3px;">And I wanna know, who's gonna save me?</span></center>

<table><tr><td><div style="width: 175px; height: 365px; padding: 2px;"></td>

<td><div style="width: 290px; height: 350px; padding: 5px; overflow: auto; text-align: justify; font-family: trebuchet ms; font-size: 9px; line-height: 95%; background-color: f2f2f2; color: 606060; border: 3px double #d6d6d6;">
Text goes here!
</div></td></tr></table>

<center><span style="font-family: BlackJack; font-size: 25px; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: -1px; font-weight: lighter; line-height: 58%; color: white;">I'm Supergirl and I'm here to save the world,
</span>

<span style="font-family: BlackJack; font-size: 18px; text-transform: ; color: red; letter-spacing: 0.4px;">And I wanna know why I feel so alone.</span></center>

<center><div style="width: 350px; font-family:BlackJack; font-size: 9px; text-transform: lowercase; text-align: justify; line-height: 90%;"><font color=74477f></font> <font color=74477f></font> <font color=74477f></font> <font color=74477f>i</font> <font color=74477f> </font>  <font color=74477f></font>  <font color=74477f></font> </div></center>

</div>

</div>

Coded by Laina of <a href=https://j2jsquared.livejournal.com/>*Fanfic Central*</a> </a></center>[/doHTML]

persephone325

I don't think E supports that kind of code. Though I'm not 100% positive on that.

Perhaps when Veks and staff get the move to Elkarte done it might support something like that?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

greenandgold

Thank you for your answer, though I realize E doesn't support doHTML. That's why I posted this message to ask anyone who knows anything about coding on here, if they can tell me how to convert the doHTML code, to whatever is used on here.

There's always a chance it might support it, though I have no idea what Elkarte is.

When is the move supposed to take place?

Oniya

Many people use tables or the float tags for something similar.  The BlackJack font would have to be an image at the top and bottom of the page, and then you'd have your 175x365 image in one cell of the table (or set apart with a floatleft tag) and your text in the other cell (or wrapping to the right of the 175x365 image.)

At present, the forum doesn't support templates.

I could possibly poke at it some more tomorrow (or at least, after I've had a few hours sleep.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

persephone325

Quote from: greenandgold on March 20, 2018, 03:16:34 AM
Thank you for your answer, though I realize E doesn't support doHTML. That's why I posted this message to ask anyone who knows anything about coding on here, if they can tell me how to convert the doHTML code, to whatever is used on here.

There's always a chance it might support it, though I have no idea what Elkarte is.

When is the move supposed to take place?

Elkarte is a server move, and (from what I understand) will have more features than what is available to users now.

I'm not sure when it's supposed to be happening, I just know it's been in the works for some time. Purple and white tags know all that kind of stuff. They might also know if it's possible to convert your code to be usable now. I don't believe it is, though, as I assume there would be a tutorial for it if it was possible.

But, again, staff knows all the workings of the site. I'm but a humble helper. lol

(And, there's Oniya. :P)
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

greenandgold

Quote from: Oniya on March 20, 2018, 03:20:44 AM
Many people use tables or the float tags for something similar.  The BlackJack font would have to be an image at the top and bottom of the page, and then you'd have your 175x365 image in one cell of the table (or set apart with a floatleft tag) and your text in the other cell (or wrapping to the right of the 175x365 image.)

At present, the forum doesn't support templates.

I could possibly poke at it some more tomorrow (or at least, after I've had a few hours sleep.)

Is there somewhere I can see what a finished table looks like? I went to the page with the tutorial for the table code, but didn't see any finished ones.

As for the floating tags, I've used them before. Thanks for the suggestion. As for the BlackJack font, I can always change it to suit the board's font. Like I said, I just mainly am trying to find a way to edit the code for my template, and other ones I've made, so I and other members could use them.

I realize the forum doesn't support templates, thank you.

And okay, thank you for your offer to look at the code some more later. Sleep well.

Quote from: persephone325 on March 20, 2018, 03:23:31 AM
Elkarte is a server move, and (from what I understand) will have more features than what is available to users now.

I'm not sure when it's supposed to be happening, I just know it's been in the works for some time. Purple and white tags know all that kind of stuff. They might also know if it's possible to convert your code to be usable now. I don't believe it is, though, as I assume there would be a tutorial for it if it was possible.

But, again, staff knows all the workings of the site. I'm but a humble helper. lol

(And, there's Oniya. :P)

Thanks for the explanation about the server, Persephone.

Thanks also for the info about which are admin colors. Thanks for all the info you've given me.

I think I read somewhere back when I first joined the board in 2014, that Veks is a coder? Wonder if he would know what's possible or not?

RampantDesires

You're just looking for code to prettify and unify your posts smilar to the Supergirl template? There is no way to do a background image, but you can accomplish some of the formatting on the template by making your own table or with the float functions.  They would look simplified, again, no background images, you'd have to create your own banners for the top and bottom and/or use standard text.

Just with floating and padding

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam at tristique enim, at pretium velit. Aliquam at lacinia nulla. Etiam sed turpis nisi. Ut sit amet orci suscipit, scelerisque justo a, vulputate lorem. Nunc porttitor dolor eget pulvinar dignissim. Praesent lectus nibh, congue at venenatis a, egestas at arcu. Donec vestibulum augue justo, et gravida ligula maximus nec. Pellentesque pulvinar sed sem at laoreet.

Nam ut neque metus. Quisque ullamcorper, dui id ultrices malesuada, enim libero gravida diam, at aliquet ipsum neque vel mauris. Nulla sit amet commodo metus. Vivamus eu dui neque. In porta tellus eu metus pellentesque, sit amet feugiat metus viverra. Mauris risus turpis, fermentum ut venenatis eget, ullamcorper nec ante. Donec feugiat urna id porta tempus. In a eleifend enim.

In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Fusce urna erat, mollis eget sapien in, commodo venenatis ligula. Nam dolor eros, pulvinar eget porttitor sit amet, sagittis id odio. Integer facilisis justo vel accumsan egestas. Suspendisse sodales tortor erat, ut ultrices dolor bibendum in. Cras ultricies vulputate ante eu elementum. Nullam faucibus aliquam nunc, at egestas turpis convallis et. Maecenas faucibus metus eu sollicitudin blandit. In non cursus quam, eget pulvinar sem. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Ut laoreet erat id massa feugiat tempus. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Integer imperdiet eget metus sed placerat. Donec ultricies est nulla, convallis imperdiet leo vehicula a. Fusce convallis enim nec quam pretium fringilla.

Quisque vulputate, neque et lacinia mollis, ante diam tincidunt nisi, et tristique sapien velit id massa. Cras sodales tortor quis lectus mattis rhoncus. Donec fringilla tellus in lacus interdum, ut tincidunt purus luctus.

And with tables...

I'm SuperGirl and I'm here to save the world,
and I want to know who is going to save me

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam at tristique enim, at pretium velit. Aliquam at lacinia nulla. Etiam sed turpis nisi. Ut sit amet orci suscipit, scelerisque justo a, vulputate lorem. Nunc porttitor dolor eget pulvinar dignissim. Praesent lectus nibh, congue at venenatis a, egestas at arcu. Donec vestibulum augue justo, et gravida ligula maximus nec. Pellentesque pulvinar sed sem at laoreet.

Nam ut neque metus. Quisque ullamcorper, dui id ultrices malesuada, enim libero gravida diam, at aliquet ipsum neque vel mauris. Nulla sit amet commodo metus. Vivamus eu dui neque. In porta tellus eu metus pellentesque, sit amet feugiat metus viverra. Mauris risus turpis, fermentum ut venenatis eget, ullamcorper nec ante. Donec feugiat urna id porta tempus. In a eleifend enim.

In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Fusce urna erat, mollis eget sapien in, commodo venenatis ligula. Nam dolor eros, pulvinar eget porttitor sit amet, sagittis id odio. Integer facilisis justo vel accumsan egestas. Suspendisse sodales tortor erat, ut ultrices dolor bibendum in. Cras ultricies vulputate ante eu elementum. Nullam faucibus aliquam nunc, at egestas turpis convallis et. Maecenas faucibus metus eu sollicitudin blandit. In non cursus quam, eget pulvinar sem. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Ut laoreet erat id massa feugiat tempus. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Integer imperdiet eget metus sed placerat. Donec ultricies est nulla, convallis imperdiet leo vehicula a. Fusce convallis enim nec quam pretium fringilla.

Quisque vulputate, neque et lacinia mollis, ante diam tincidunt nisi, et tristique sapien velit id massa. Cras sodales tortor quis lectus mattis rhoncus. Donec fringilla tellus in lacus interdum, ut tincidunt purus luctus.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tables are my solution to everything <3 them.  You could save the codes for posts like that, plug in images and text into the loripsum section and use them that way ...  Am not going to put too much time into tinkering with it though if this isn't want you're looking for.

Oh, also the tampermonkey script that was made for E with its snippets function would be ideal for stuff like this.

*gives thumbs up* 

Good luck!

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Oniya

Okay - Rampant's coding looks pretty awesome there.  If you quote her post, you can copy out the coding (I'd recommend saving it with a simple text editor like Notepad.)

The 'Tampermonkey' thing that she talked about is a script written by one of our members (the script is also known as 'Greasemonkey'), and can be found here.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

greenandgold

@ Rampant or Oniya, in the code that Rampant has shown, is there a way to make is to that we can only see one of pictures on the right instead of three?

Thank you to both of you ladies for your suggestions. I'll give them a shot.

Oniya

You can put any number of pictures on that side.  With the 'Table' version, be aware that the picture will create blank space beneath it if the text is longer than the picture.  With the 'float' version, the text will fill in underneath the picture if it goes longer.

Oniya

Mooked around with Rampant's code to use a single image.  The 'height' and 'width' parameters are just because I didn't have a 365x175 image handy, and can be left out.

And with tables...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RampantDesires

You can also add text and whatever you'd like to make things a little more interesting if you want.  Something like ...

Kara Zor-L
Daughter of Krypton

Quisque vulputate, neque et lacinia mollis, ante diam tincidunt nisi, et tristique sapien velit id massa. Cras sodales tortor quis lectus mattis rhoncus. Donec fringilla tellus in lacus interdum, ut tincidunt purus luctus. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam at tristique enim, at pretium velit. Aliquam at lacinia nulla. Etiam sed turpis nisi. Ut sit amet orci suscipit, scelerisque justo a, vulputate lorem. Nunc porttitor dolor eget pulvinar dignissim. Praesent lectus nibh, congue at venenatis a, egestas at arcu. Donec vestibulum augue justo, et gravida ligula maximus nec. Pellentesque pulvinar sed sem at laoreet.

And with tables...

Kara Zor-L
Daughter of Krypton

Quisque vulputate, neque et lacinia mollis, ante diam tincidunt nisi, et tristique sapien velit id massa. Cras sodales tortor quis lectus mattis rhoncus. Donec fringilla tellus in lacus interdum, ut tincidunt purus luctus. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam at tristique enim, at pretium velit. Aliquam at lacinia nulla. Etiam sed turpis nisi. Ut sit amet orci suscipit, scelerisque justo a, vulputate lorem. Nunc porttitor dolor eget pulvinar dignissim. Praesent lectus nibh, congue at venenatis a, egestas at arcu. Donec vestibulum augue justo, et gravida ligula maximus nec. Pellentesque pulvinar sed sem at laoreet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samples with just one image.

You can play with image sizes all you like but I made it smaller and doubled up the text so that you can see what floating images does with text.  It's one of those fiddle with it until you like the way it looks things really.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

RampantDesires

Whoops sorry Onyia I didn't see the post with the samples.  Short answer = yes :D

<edit> fixed a tag issue and put in some more text options and me mispelling Onyia's name :P

Nadir

You can also play around with the padding to increase the image cell's size to make it mimic your template. This one has a padding of 75, the code for that is inside the img tag;

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Kara Zor-L
Daughter of Krypton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

greenandgold

Many thanks to all of you who've responded, persephone, Rampant, Oniya and Nadir, it's much appreciated.

In the end, I've found this to be the format I like best. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=284512.msg14010798#msg14010798

It gives it a little bit of pop, and I don't have to fiddle with the code too much.

Again, thank you to everyone who's replied.

Nadir

persephone325

Awesome! ^^

Glad you found something that worked! And I'm happy I was able to help, even just a tiny bit. :-)
I don't know.