Transgender Bathroom Use Debate Emerges In Arizona

Started by Teo Torriatte, March 22, 2013, 10:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephiral

Quote from: DarklingAlice on March 22, 2013, 11:57:07 PM
This is just one of those conversations I never want to have again. How has enough of our society managed to stay so emotionally stunted that they have the restroom politics of first graders? What annoys me the most is when a place has single person restrooms...and feels the need to install two of them and divide them by sex.
I'm pretty sure at that point you're obliged to change the signs. I personally like "Those who divide people into two groups" and "Those who don't". Not sure what the icons should be, though.

Rhapsody

This is just one of those conversations I never want to have again. How has enough of our society managed to stay so emotionally stunted that they have the restroom politics of first graders? What annoys me the most is when a place has single person restrooms...and feels the need to install two of them and divide them by sex.

First graders don't care. I have a grade 2 student and a kindergarten student. Neither one of them care about genitals at all. They even still sit down to pee, so I wager they don't use the urinals at school, they use the stalls.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

meikle

The place I work at has this... two bathrooms, both identical (toilet, sink, mirror, air-dryer), inexplicably divided into male and female.
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: meikle on March 23, 2013, 04:44:53 PM
The place I work at has this... two bathrooms, both identical (toilet, sink, mirror, air-dryer), inexplicably divided into male and female.

To be honest I don't think most the male population could handle sharing a restroom with women.  I think it is dumb to have separate restrooms when you have stalls but still, we have pervs and so on.  So yeah.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Oniya

Except, in the bathrooms that I think she's referring to, you aren't sharing the bathroom with anyone.  There's one set of facilities, one person goes in, and that person locks the door.  The next person has to wait for the first person to leave.  Essentially like your bathroom at home, only with a little extra security.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ephiral

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on March 23, 2013, 07:14:44 PM
To be honest I don't think most the male population could handle sharing a restroom with women.  I think it is dumb to have separate restrooms when you have stalls but still, we have pervs and so on.  So yeah.
This is one of the variations of a standard argument raised by people against washroom-access laws every time they're proposed. The answer is always the same: There are zero recorded instances of sexual assault by anyone with a penis in a desegregated washroom.