News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

DC Comics: The Last Age

Started by Ascia, November 20, 2013, 11:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ascia

The game kicks off with John Constantine receiving a message in 2013 from 20 years in the future from Rip Hunter, who tells Constantine that cataclysmic events have left all of the world's governments and most of society in a state of collapse. Naturally, people turn to superheroes for guidance and leadership—but years of this new order have left many of the heroes into a power hungry and politically motivated Noble class with mortal men and women as peasants.

The heroes have divided into Houses, with Superman and his now-wife Wonder Woman leading the House of Steel and controlling most of North America and sections of South America, while Captain Marvel and family have established their own domain out of Europe as the House of Thunder. There's also a House of Titans (former Teen Titans), a House of Justice (ex-Justice League members) and so on, but Steel and Thunder are the most powerful.

The remaining supervillains have likewise established their own Houses, most notable among them led by the Joker, the House of Laughs, and Lex Luthor, the House of Secrets after a worldwide purge of villains following the degradation of world governments.  Batman leads the non-powered heroes in an effort to overthrow the two dominant Houses. All aliens, including the Green Lanterns, have been banished. But everyone soon gets involved in a plot to destroy the Houses of Thunder and Steel before a wedding between between their Houses unites them into potentially the most powerful force in the universe.

Play as an entire superpowered House, a single hero sent to the future to aid Batman and his group, or a wild card with your own agenda. (Deathstroke anyone?)

Given enough interest I'll put out a CS template and roster. The smut factor in the game is really subject to each player and/or faction, and how they establish their own unique ways of doing things. The plot and setting are pretty well thought out already, but if you know your comics and have input about possible additions/changes, PM me! I'm always open to good ideas and changing the game for the better.

Deathnote

So... it's like Injustice: Gods Among Us, except instead of an alternate reality, it's with a bad future?  Cool, count me in, but only if we're allowed to play as OCs.  I've an idea for a speedster character from the future world.

Btw, how do the Flash Family figure into this?

Ascia

Quote from: Deathnote on November 21, 2013, 12:57:34 AM
So... it's like Injustice: Gods Among Us, except instead of an alternate reality, it's with a bad future?  Cool, count me in, but only if we're allowed to play as OCs.  I've an idea for a speedster character from the future world.

Btw, how do the Flash Family figure into this?

Similar to Injustice. Except I would expect the tone to be much closer to say, Game of Thrones meets DC, than Injustice.

Why that all depends on who might want to play Flash. Does he have his own House? Is he part of the JL House? Options I'm leaving for whoever wants to play the character to decide. Creative freedom, and all that jazz.

mia h

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Ascia

Quote from: mia h on November 21, 2013, 12:52:52 PM
or Twilight of the Superheroes

I'm actually not changing that much of it. Some important parts, sure, but no huge changes.

I think...maybe.

Deathnote

Quote from: mia h on November 21, 2013, 12:52:52 PM
or Twilight of the Superheroes

For some reason, the summary of that unpublished proposal reminds me of JLA: Act of God.  I'm not quite sure why, since the concepts of those two stories are completely different... >_>

Btw, are we going with new-52 or pre-52?  If we're going with pre-52, I'd like to play as Dick Grayson, who'll lead the House of Titans in an effort to repair the relationship between powered and non-powered superheroes, mostly by recruiting from both sides.

Ascia

Quote from: Deathnote on November 21, 2013, 02:11:06 PM
For some reason, the summary of that unpublished proposal reminds me of JLA: Act of God.  I'm not quite sure why, since the concepts of those two stories are completely different... >_>

Btw, are we going with new-52 or pre-52?  If we're going with pre-52, I'd like to play as Dick Grayson, who'll lead the House of Titans in an effort to repair the relationship between powered and non-powered superheroes, mostly by recruiting from both sides.

Pre-52. If someone wants something New 52 we can have them brought into the fold via Rip Hunter and/or Constantine.

Scribbles

Interested, it's been several weeks and I'm still dying to jump into a DC game.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Ascia

That would be four with myself included. Might need to re-adjust the focus of the game, maybe make it slightly smaller, less with the epic. Could also mean we could each game two characters; one from the past, one from the future.

Deathnote and Scribbles know what characters they're eyeing?

Scribbles

Yup, Power Girl!

As for the size of the game, I actually prefer a small dedicated group.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Deathnote

Hmm... maybe I can play as the Ultra-Humanite pretending to be one of the superheroes.  :p

Nah, I'll just stick with Dick Grayson (as Batman) for now.

Batman4560

ShadowFox89

I would be interested pending OC approval....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

MasterOfMyFate

I'm interested in the OC approval as well...
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Zacharius

Now that I've been approved I guess I can reveal myself as the mystery counted individual, why hello.
So take my hand, lets go spinning, out into the night.

hall

I might be interested in this as well, if there were still room for me?
I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but it's always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Requests Thread - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=144465.msg6507599#msg6507599

Ascia

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 23, 2013, 02:10:09 AM
I would be interested pending OC approval....
Canon and OCs are fine, yep.

Ascia

Quote from: hall on November 25, 2013, 05:24:09 PM
I might be interested in this as well, if there were still room for me?

Should have plenty of room.

I'll start getting a proper OOC thread together to kick things off.

Zacharius

Quote from: Ascia on November 26, 2013, 07:20:29 AM
Should have plenty of room.

I'll start getting a proper OOC thread together to kick things off.

Hurrah, I was just in time.

You have skype messages with actual content this time, but fear not, I don't have feelings.

Ascia

Quote from: Zacharius on November 26, 2013, 07:36:34 AM
Hurrah, I was just in time.

You have skype messages with actual content this time, but fear not, I don't have feelings.

Today and tomorrow are just batshit crazy for me. I'll hop on when I can, promise!

Zacharius

Hey, don't worry about it, taking me seriously is just dangerous :P

theminiarkana

If this is still open, I would love to join in.

If The Riddler was somehow involved, where do you think he'd fit in?

Ascia

Quote from: theminiarkana on November 30, 2013, 11:06:04 AM
If this is still open, I would love to join in.

If The Riddler was somehow involved, where do you think he'd fit in?

Still open. Eddie Nigma would either be in one of the villain Houses, or going all 'Shadow Broker' on everyone's ass.

Ascia

Since the holiday cut progress on this, probably need to re-count those interested. So let me know here or in PMs, please and thank you.  :-)

Zacharius

"Oh captain, my captain."

Still here :)