I chose my username because..

Started by Ariel, July 27, 2013, 02:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeroWolf115

My username is a carry over from my teen years. I was always big on the underdog stories and so I choose Zero due to a few personal events from my past and the song from Disney's Hercules Zero to Hero. For the wolf aspect growing up I was always referred to as the bear in my family but when I started playing online games as a teen I ended up carrying over the mentality from single player games that you do everything alone and so people said I was a lone wolf and it stuck. As for 115 that comes from Call of Duty Black ops Zombie mode its the theme song for Kino Der Toten and Zombies was my first taste of a shooter game and I was hooked on it.

badmoon1955

A bunch of reasons...

• Bad Moon Rising (Credence Clearwater Revival, 1969) is the first song performed by the first band I was ever in
  • Taken as a phrase it suggests werewolves, possibly even vampires, at the very least a horror theme
  • It's subtly unsettling even without the werewolves, etc.
  • It suggests that I'm a "bad boy", which I sometimes wish I was, LOL
O/o | Ideas/Requests | A/a       

Xyza

Because of the person who referred me here in Elliquiy. He calls me by this name.

I'm back and accepting roleplay

Avernale

I use this username wherever it's not already taken, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to be "Someone else" while I'm here.

The name itself is taken from the Roman name of a group of Greek nymphs that live in the underworld along the River Styx.  I found it while devising the setting of a video game I wanted to make, which included four elemental races named after nymphs.  The others were easy enough: Dryads for earth/forest, Nereid for water, Oreads for mountains/air, but I wanted a desert/fire race and couldn't find anything like that.  I figured the underworld is close enough, and it turns out there's a real-world location that the Greeks thought was the entrance to the underworld that was volcanic in nature.  Not so much in terms of fire and lava, as far as I could tell, but the area produced enough noxious fumes that birds flying over it died of poisoning.

Anyway, I started using it in various capacities to ensure I wouldn't forget it.  It became my username when the one I was regularly using before it seemed to already be taken more often.

Elodie

I chose this username because I like the names Ellie and Melody. So I thought I would combine them both, hence, Elodie~
BDSM Test
ONs | OFFs
Very active on Discord ;)

Koekje

I chose Koekje, which means Cookie in my language, because way back when I was younger, I played games along with my brother and his friends in a clan. The name of said clan was, loosely translated, "pigging out in style". It seemed rather fitting to go for some food item.

I went with Brownie first, but my love for cookies won out in the end :D
He who acts honestly, hardly ever meets with trouble,
he who speaks honestly, hardly ever escapes trouble.
O'O's

Ultimate Fluff

I chose the name Ultimate Fluff because... Well, it's a long story.

Back in high school, I was a chonk gal, and my friends and I loved to watch Gabriel Iglesias and we would laugh at his jokes and slice-of-life situations. His routines include his life as an overweight human being, or, who he reversed to as, "fluffy people," with his catchphrase being, "I'm not fat! I'm fluffy!"

Because I am quite rotund and snuggly and I love to hug people, my friends began to call me the Snuggle Monster, which gradually morphed into Fluffle Monster. So then came my online alias, Fluffy the Flufflemonster.

Eventually, I grew older and I felt Flufflemonster was getting a bit too childish and I did not really care for being called "Fluffle" instead of "Fluff" or "Fluffy." Inspired by the Danganronpa community's use of the word Ultimate to describe a talent due to the second game's High School, Hope's Peak, using the word Ultimate, followed by a talents to describe every student from Class 77-B and what they ultimately (heh) graduate as. Example: Ultimate Musician, Ultimate Nurse, Ultimate Detective, etc.

So, I became Ultimate Fluff and it stuck! ... But now I have the issue of my gaming peers calling me 'Ult' instead of just Fluff or Fluffy. But, Ultimate Fluff will have to do until something else inspires me!

Goldmoon

...its from of my favorite fantasy novels as a teenager (Dragonlance). I have always chosen roleplay names from these books. Margret Weis and Tracy Hickman had an ability to carry me away in their novels.

Countdown0

I used this screen name on the first website I did RPs on, and its just kind of stuck since then. Can't really remember why I picked it in the very first place though...
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

DaisyOtt

The first site I rp'ed on autogenerated the name it had a nice ring to it.
Ready to write again! Limited availability.

Hrairoo

The name of one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite books. Kind of one of those things that if someone else saw it and knew, an obscure fandom friendship might be sprung.

totallynotcap

It's connected to Marvel where my friends think I'm like Steve Rogers aka Captain America but I'm totally not! So it just came about that way.

LostInTheMist

I liked the rhythm of the words and the capitalization I chose for it. And this was really my first foray into adult roleplaying, although I'd done some before I joined, this was the first place where that was publicly and openly acceptable instead of hints and innuendo leading to off-site collaboration. So I was a little lost in the mist, staring around at the sights and sounds of what was then a new and strange place.

But also it had no association, no bearing with any other identity I have held at any other time on any other boards or in any public or private capacity. I'm free to be myself here, and the only people who know me from anywhere else online or offline know me because I invited them.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.

Pellanestra

I choose Pellanestra because its the name of my favorite Dungeons & Dragons character. I play with a group of co-workers and when we were creating our first characters I went hunting for a name for a Drow Rogue and ended up using Pellanestra. Have a fondness for the name now, and its rare enough that I don't have difficulties when using it on the internet for usernames.
"Writers are sentenced to their sentences, which sometimes set them free." - Adam Gopnik

Nen

Dang, people have such interesting stories behind their names!

My name is a shortened version of one that I have used online for many, many years. I just like the simplicity of it. It's often taken, though, which is a bummer.

QueenOfWands

My username is the name of a tarot card that I like the meaning of and it speaks to my love of fantasy/magic role plays. ;D

Malkavian

Because the Clan of the Moon is the bestest clan. Ever.

Ariamella

I don't know, really. I'm very feminine, and the name sounded feminine when I put two of them together-- "Aria" and "Mella". I'm simple that way,  guess.
My name is Hope, but the "p" is silent on the weekends.
[tr][td]
Ons/Offs[/td][td]lloll[/td][td]Female Faceclaims[/td][td]lloll[/td][td]Male Faceclaims[/td][td]lloll[/td][td]Picture Prompts[/td][/tr][/table]

clonkertink

Because I felt like "Cockhammer6969" was maybe a little too forward... >.>

Twisted Crow

'Twisted Crow' was my original name here when I first joined. It was meant as a double-reference to both The Crow and the pro-wrestler 'Sting' (during his 90s 'Crow' persona). But it seemed to dark and gloomy. I wanted to be more open and approachable in spite of my opinionated temperment at times. So I went with my first name: Dallas. Sometimes I kind of regret it for all of the questions I get about it.

ARE YOU A COWBOYS FAN!?

*groans* ... Yes?  ::)

marauder13

In my youth (35+ years ago), I played paintball regularly with a group of fellows and we formed a team called the Marauders (Inspired by Merrill's Marauders from WW2). We lost only one game in the space of 5 or 6 years (doing about 45 ~ 50 sessions a year), something that I am proud of being a part of. So, I took the handle of "marauder" when I needed a name on the internet. When others took marauder, I slapped 13 on the end, because I like that number and to date, no one else has used it very often.

I would love to have a dollar for every time someone asked me "Are you a Harry Potter fan?" Plus another for the surprised reaction when I say it has nothing to do with HP.

JenB97

It is my new pseudonym that I will be writing under for my next novel series!

KeirenReine

It's a play on a friend's OC's name as well but different. Hers had Rayne and I like the name Keiren etc and it's variation Spellings, so thus it's a fusion of that and became a name I use a lot and an OC of me kind of.

PolarisAlpha

It’s two-tiered:

Polaris is the name of my adopted cat, but Polaris also refers to the North Star, which is typically a common username on many different sites. I thought it was fitting that something that is so bright and gorgeous resonated unexpectedly with my personal life the day I met my kitty and brought him home because he really does brighten up my days.

Ugh — that was cheesier typing it out than I imagined it to be in my head.

Goldmoon

Quote from: clonkertink on February 20, 2020, 01:16:25 AM
Because I felt like "Cockhammer6969" was maybe a little too forward... >.>

Giggles
Hadnt looked at this for a while. That really made me laugh.