Exalted 2ed: The West [NC-H/E]: RECRUITING NEW PLAYERS

Started by Blaze, April 15, 2009, 11:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

I'm afriad I understand the west of creation least of all the portion of Exalted.  I know that they're reputed to be a bit more patriarchal than the south, wich leaves me wanting to do a charecter in one side or another of the gender imbalance in a relationship.  I take equal enjoyment playing a man with a harem and a powerful harem girl, but either way, it would be more fun if I could play the relationship alongside someone else. 

Any takers? 

Triangle, I have a concept for a man who might serve as your war master, but I'd prefer to play him with a PC partner or two, or alternativly, with Blaze's permision, could we take allies dots, and ask for volunteers among each other to roll play our allies? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Thufir Hawat

First, another Lunar here. I'll wait for a friend to post my Solar mate first, though, I'm still putting the final strokes.
Quote from: Th' Main HairyHeretic on April 17, 2009, 02:45:25 AM
My concern would be that the motivation of solars and (admittedly what little I've read of) the infernals would have them entirely at cross purposes. It seems inevitable that they'd end up killing each other.
What's wrong with this ;D? We could kill each other even with a pure Solar circle.

Quote from: Muse on April 17, 2009, 07:26:18 AM
I'm afriad I understand the west of creation least of all the portion of Exalted.  I know that they're reputed to be a bit more patriarchal than the south, wich leaves me wanting to do a charecter in one side or another of the gender imbalance in a relationship.  I take equal enjoyment playing a man with a harem and a powerful harem girl, but either way, it would be more fun if I could play the relationship alongside someone else. 

Any takers? 

Triangle, I have a concept for a man who might serve as your war master, but I'd prefer to play him with a PC partner or two, or alternativly, with Blaze's permision, could we take allies dots, and ask for volunteers among each other to roll play our allies?
Halcyon is not patriarchal in the "classical" sense. If you are a man, you work in the sea, if you're an woman, you work on land - including blacksmiths ;).

By the way, I don't think you need to pay dots to have your circlemates as allies.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Rhapsody

I'm actually running an Infernal game tabletop, so I'll chime in if you don't mind. :)

Quote from: Th' Main HairyHeretic on April 17, 2009, 02:45:25 AM
My concern would be that the motivation of solars and (admittedly what little I've read of) the infernals would have them entirely at cross purposes. It seems inevitable that they'd end up killing each other.

That honestly depends on the viewpoints of the individuals.  Some Green Sun Princes will be inclined to pity them as flawed or imperfect, since Infernals aren't subject to the Great Curse and probably know about it.  GSPs know full well where they come from; they even have access to their memories in a way that Solars don't, and are likely to remember far more about the First Age than a nascent Solar.  Akuma are also very highly prized, especially Solar akuma.  A smart Green Sun Prince will try to recruit the Solars to the Yozis' side of the conflict, and reserve killing them as a final resort. 

Solars, on the other hand, are the brilliant champions of Creation.  It's entirely possible they might see the GSPs as victims, and try to redeem them or turn them back to their "proper" place in the grand scheme of things.

GSPs are also free-willed, fairly unique amongst the Infernal Exalted (which also counts akuma), which is a safeguard the Ebon Dragon talked the other four into including, since then no god could use the terms of the Primordial oaths of surrender to force the Green Sun Princes to stand down. They can order the Yozis to command their Princes to cease and desist (much like the Primordials ordered the gods to do so for their Champions), but since the Princes are free-willed, they can choose to ignore the commands of their patron.  This also means that they can choose to go rogue, to reject the notion of hell on earth, and to even actively work against the Reclamation if they so desire. 

It could very easily be done, but I imagine it would take a fair amount of negotiating amongst the group to make it very clear what kind of game you all want to run.  For a game including Abyssals/Infernals and Solars in a mixed circle, some limits on character personalities must be set and followed by all parties, or it's going to end in disaster. :)
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Paladin

Quote from: Blaze on April 16, 2009, 01:15:09 AM
It's fun, you'll see   :-)
An Eclipse is great for the West, but I recommend you're favorite skill be Martial Arts/Melee.

Blades are workable in both cases. Have you thought of a Caste if you choose the Abyssal variant?

This will be interesting!  ;)

So many tempting things to play...

We will be using all Manuals of Exalted Power  ;) Otherwise I don't see how you can create a character other then Solar.

I was thinking Either a Dusk Cast or Moonshadow Cast

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 17, 2009, 10:16:38 AM
I'm actually running an Infernal game tabletop, so I'll chime in if you don't mind. :)

That honestly depends on the viewpoints of the individuals.  Some Green Sun Princes will be inclined to pity them as flawed or imperfect, since Infernals aren't subject to the Great Curse and probably know about it.  GSPs know full well where they come from; they even have access to their memories in a way that Solars don't, and are likely to remember far more about the First Age than a nascent Solar.  Akuma are also very highly prized, especially Solar akuma.  A smart Green Sun Prince will try to recruit the Solars to the Yozis' side of the conflict, and reserve killing them as a final resort. 

Solars, on the other hand, are the brilliant champions of Creation.  It's entirely possible they might see the GSPs as victims, and try to redeem them or turn them back to their "proper" place in the grand scheme of things.

GSPs are also free-willed, fairly unique amongst the Infernal Exalted (which also counts akuma), which is a safeguard the Ebon Dragon talked the other four into including, since then no god could use the terms of the Primordial oaths of surrender to force the Green Sun Princes to stand down. They can order the Yozis to command their Princes to cease and desist (much like the Primordials ordered the gods to do so for their Champions), but since the Princes are free-willed, they can choose to ignore the commands of their patron.  This also means that they can choose to go rogue, to reject the notion of hell on earth, and to even actively work against the Reclamation if they so desire. 

It could very easily be done, but I imagine it would take a fair amount of negotiating amongst the group to make it very clear what kind of game you all want to run.  For a game including Abyssals/Infernals and Solars in a mixed circle, some limits on character personalities must be set and followed by all parties, or it's going to end in disaster. :)
I'd make adherence to these guidelines required on character creation ;). Of course, it's up to Blaze, but I strongly recommend it!
Because, really, so far, we've got Solars, Lunars, Infernals and Abyssals. If we don't want them to jump on each other's throats on the first page, they should be the Infernals/Abyssals that are interested in working with a Solar-Lunar circle.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on April 17, 2009, 10:51:41 AM
I'd make adherence to these guidelines required on character creation ;). Of course, it's up to Blaze, but I strongly recommend it!
Because, really, so far, we've got Solars, Lunars, Infernals and Abyssals. If we don't want them to jump on each other's throats on the first page, they should be the Infernals/Abyssals that are interested in working with a Solar-Lunar circle.

So should I go for Sidereal or Fae then?  ;D
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Rhapsody

And in a completely unrelated note, is there any space left?
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Blaze

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 17, 2009, 10:57:41 AM
And in a completely unrelated note, is there any space left?
Yes, there is. And I see you have ideas, so if you want to play, you are more than welcome ;)!

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 17, 2009, 10:16:38 AM

Yes, that's what I mean. If you want to play an Infernal or Abyssal, you can - but you should have a reason to play with the group!

Quote from: Paladin on April 17, 2009, 10:31:12 AM
I was thinking Either a Dusk Cast or Moonshadow Cast
Fine, you can do so - just remember the part about fitting with the group.

Quote from: Th' Main HairyHeretic on April 17, 2009, 10:53:00 AM
So should I go for Sidereal or Fae then?  ;D
Gold or Silver Faction, I suppose? Yes, why not - if you think you can play it. And if you are happy with the rules as written in the Sidereal book ;).

Now, guys, something to consider. Maybe I had to put that in the first post, but I didn't, so it's bettеr that you learn it now. There are a few things I will require.
1) I will post twice a week at least in set days - say, Wednesday and Saturday. You should post before that, or I will assume no action on part of your characters. If it doesn't sound logical that you didn't act, I will still find a reason - but I don't know if you would like it.
If you really can't post, just drop me a PM and or post in the OOC thread. Taking the time to write a couple sentences might spend us all a lot of frustration.
2) Take the game seriously - these are characters, not pieces in chess and not Barbie dolls. If he/she has a flaw, or any trait, you might forget it, but I won't. Do I have to clarify further?
On an unrelated note, create characters that can work with each other, please.
3) Post a note on the mechanics when you act. If everybody creates a character, we'll have a rather big circle, so not making me check it all the time will definitely help.
Remember when it rained.
I felt the ground and looked up high
And called your name.
Ohhhhhh Remember when it rained.
In the darkness I remain.

ONS/OFFS

Rhapsody

Quote from: Blaze on April 17, 2009, 12:26:37 PM
Yes, there is. And I see you have ideas, so if you want to play, you are more than welcome ;)!

I'll be up front: I've been on quite the Infernal kick lately, but not the "I-want-to-be-redeemed" sort, and any such character you might let me play would only end up trying to subvert and/or convert the other characters.  So I'm not even going to ask.  >:)

Other than that, I've got a few Lunar concepts kicking around -- I'd rather not do a Solar, since I usually go for those and I want a switch.

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Blaze

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 17, 2009, 12:49:16 PM
I'll be up front: I've been on quite the Infernal kick lately, but not the "I-want-to-be-redeemed" sort, and any such character you might let me play would only end up trying to subvert and/or convert the other characters.  So I'm not even going to ask.  >:)

Other than that, I've got a few Lunar concepts kicking around -- I'd rather not do a Solar, since I usually go for those and I want a switch.
It's your choice, really. I like diversity, and I like Lunars.
Either way, it's going to be fun ;).
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Blaze on April 17, 2009, 12:26:37 PM
Gold or Silver Faction, I suppose? Yes, why not - if you think you can play it. And if you are happy with the rules as written in the Sidereal book ;).

I was mostly making a joke there :) It seemed we had everything else, so it was a collect-the-whole-set thing :)

Give me a day or two, and I'll work up a concept.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Rhapsody

I'll have something in an hour or so.

On that note, is there a thread in which you want character sheets to go, or should we just post them here?
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Blaze

For now, post them here. I'll open the thread later.
Remember when it rained.
And called your name.

ONS/OFFS

The Great Triangle

Ultimately, all of the exalt types from solar essence, solars, infernals, and abyssals want to improve and reform the world.  The only difference is what they want to create.  Solars are at base interested in turning the clock back to the glory of the first age, while the Infernals want to create a new primordial age by ending the bondage of their masters, freeing creation from the heel of the Gods.  Finally, the abyssals want to end the suffering of the living which in turn creates the suffering of the neverborn. 

The solars suffer from the problem that their great curse is a pretty good way to garuntee their failure, and the fact that the first age ended in catastrophe anyway.  The abyssals' goal doesn't really mesh with that of the solars or abyssals, but it's still possible for them to promote nihilistic frenzy as a way of life.  Meanwhile, the Infernals have a dangerous goal, but they have a lot more leeway in what they do than the abyssals.  What's important for the GSPs is that they actually have a living relationship with their masters, and might even stand a chance to influence them. 

Solars of compassion want to create a world filled with peace and harmony, if not understanding.  Infernals of compassion obsess over the world, and perhaps even wish a similar level of obsession upon others.  Abyssals of compassion believe that mortal suffering is an unfortunate result of the fact that they live, and wish to cure them of this affliction.

It's quite reasonable for solars to be converted between any of the three factions, if they don't simply react to the existance of the others with blank racial hatred.  An infernal with an urge of "Kill all the mofos lol" will rightly get put down like a rabit dog, but an infernal with an urge of "slay those gods who defy the mandate of heaven" would fit in great with a group of solars or sidereals.  Similarly, an urge of "teach the arts of demon summoning to all who will listen" is fairly benign, but will contribute to the rebirth of creation rather efficiently.  On the abyssal side, a motivation like "pretend to be a rogue and spy on the solars" is a fairly reasonable way to control one's resonance.  Abyssals are much harder to put into a solar circle though, since there's much less overlap between the desires of the solars and the abssals.  (Infernals are the passionate, agressive id of the solars, while abyssals are their dark reflections.)

Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

The Great Triangle

I think the character looks good, but I think you'd be much better off spending your 4 extra xp on combos rather than on secondary skills.  For example, 1st dodge excellency plus 1st melee excellency would enable you to protect yourself a lot better.  From a general perspective, since a dire lance is a reasonably defensive weapon, you may want to consider rebuilding your character using a parry based fighting style so you can take advantage of the ability of melee excellencies to add to your defense and offense in the same round, and use what you save on pumping the dodge skill to buy some decent artifact armor. 

(Given what you've spent on dodge charms, you could probobly have heavenly guardian defense and maybe an offensive melee charm or two by the by.)

(also, since you're an assasain type, try and consider getting a melee equivelent of flashing vengance draw.  It would probobly have one weapon, two blows as a prerequisite, and allow you to add several successes to your join battle roll, which is bliss for an assassain)

Ons and Offs

Voichin

OK, after some coordination with the Storyteller, here is my solar. I guess i just broke one of my 'almost always' rules.***Edited with some stuff.

Name: Mariula, the Serpent Witch
Caste:Twilight

Description:  Serpent strikes unseen and seldom Mariula shows her face to strangers. She travels with the mists, land and sea, sends elementals to do her bidding and fiery automata kill for her. To the few that know the , she appears as short and slim woman, somewhere in her thirties, wearing simple clothes, bleached by the salty air, but with undeniable aura of authority, demonstrated in her every movement. Her right hand is withered and driftwood-like and her oval face is either olive-tanned or with the colour of greenish bronze. When she enters battle, the mist that surrounds her is pierced by purple and blue vortexes of light in which the silhouettes of thousands serpents swim.

Prelude: From a fisherman's family she spend her childhood, leading calm but unpleasant life. She gathered crabs, sew fishnets, smoked fish, gradually realizing how superior was she in comparison with the local boys and girls. They were  slow, simple, devoid of ambitions...  She could manipulate them easily, she could manipulate even the elders and as soon as she was confident in her abilities, she used it to her benefit to gather money and depart, becoming an imperial's tax-collector scribe's apprentice. With the knowledge that she quickly gathered, she replaced him easily and targeted the tax-collector next.
If it wasn't the trade of house Cynis, she might have never become something more than a bureaucrat, but her superior thought that he was smart enough to steal from the decadents and payed for that with his life. Mariula was next, but instead of being prey she chose to be the predator. With the same stolen parcel she poisoned the assassins sent for her and fled. Cynis Arif, a sorcerer, discovered her location, but gravely underestimated Mariula as an enemy. When he came down from the clouds with his apprentice, she bowed seemingly accepting her fate and then in a blaze of searing light, stuck a needle with lethal venom in his chest.

Life as a Chosen of the Unconquered Sun and Motivation: With her natural talents and what she managed to steal from the dead sorcerer Mariula fled the civilization to seek answers among the less-habitable of the western islands. Discovering a Manse, an air-filled spire 15 feet under the sea, she found out that her initially 'grand' discovery was just the highest point of once magnificent factory-cathedral, sunken in the ocean for centuries. She claimed the place as  'hers' and then went on the next to impossible quest to bring that place somehow to its former glory, or rebuild it elsewhere, never minding the means she was using. Trade with artifacts, piracy, kidnappings, but also deals with several other exalted and gods, some of which remained just partners, but others indeed formed the circle of beings that she trusted. She tried not to gather attention, learning how to strike unseen and never do more damage than what its needed and on several occasions even dared to oppose Cynis again, stealing from another member of the house his most prized belonging - the folding ship "Divine bliss", quickly renamed to "Sea serpent" and redecorated.

Intimacies:

The young apprentice that fled was the only sentient being, that witnessed from close distance Mariula's exaltation (or so she believed) and she often wondered what he had seen. Did he too catch a glimpse of Sol Invictus himself, or it was an illusion, a shadow of his true and much greater power, visible only to her eyes? Did that experience changed him too... He was still in his adolescence and probably felt fear or hatred towards her, but in fact the Serpentine Witch held no ill intentions towards the young dragon-blooded. She was interested only in what he had seen that day.

Mental:
Intelligence 5
Wits 3
Perception 3

Social:
Charisma:2
Manipulation:5
Appearance:2

Physical:
Dexterity:5
Strength:1
Endurance:1

Abilities:
Occult: 5
Lore: 5
Investigation:3
Craft(wood): 3
M.A: 5(favoured)
Presence:5(favoured)
Resistance:1(favoured)
Sail:1
Linguistics:2(favoured)
Awareness:5(favoured)
Bureaucracy:1
Survival:1

Advantages:
Folding ship: 4
Manse:1(Gem of water walking)
Heartstone bracers:2

Virtues:
Temperance: 3
Compassion:1
Valor:2
Conviction:3

Heart of flint

Willpower:6

Essence:3

Personal Essence:15
Peripheral Essence:36

Health levels: 7

Charms:

Second presence excellency
Majestic radiant presence
Terrestrial circle sorcery
Wood dragon's claw
Flight of the brilliant raptor
Summon elemental
Keel cleaves the sky
Body of bronze
Striking cobra technique
Serpentine evasion
Snake form
Surprise anticipation method

Combos:

Threat-evading method
Serpentine evasion+Surprise anticipation method

Elementals:

Most-diligent miner Thirty-three - A mercury ant called for year and a day to help the Serpent witch in alchemy and craft. She is not using its poison, except as rare ingredient.

Calls-thunder - A handsome thunderbird called by Mariula for the sole purpose of entering battles on her side. He enjoys his job immensely.

Urian - A young cloud person who serves as a navigator, astrologer, and often just a witty companion. His most important job is to call mists when "Sea serpent" needs to cleave the clouds. Mariula often calls cloud people but always for short periods, thinking that otherwise they will know too much of her secrets and probably won't appreciate a whole year far away from their society.

Amenech of the stale waters - The current sobeksis, serving the Serpent Witch. She calls them to cure, help the mercury ant with poisons or even to guard her, but always for short periods, because she doesn't consider killing them as a good choice in the long run.
Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs

The Great Triangle

Hey, voichin, would you be interested in being the navigator of my galleon, rather than using your own folding ship?  It would save you 4 background dots you could use to buy something nice, and help keep the party in one place.  (although we could certainly also travel as a fleet, but my character is going to be asking yours for a lot of favors since her sorcery is insanely useful for getting his galleon around the world at a reasonable rate.)

Ons and Offs

Rhapsody

I'll add up DVs and attacks and the like later on.  Just wanted to get this posted before I had to go do the kid thing.

Twice-Blessed Kohl

Motivation: Remove the Dragon-Blooded from power
Caste: Full Moon
Concept: Guerilla warrior
Spirit Shape: Leopard
Anima: Pure white leopard with moonsilver markings
Tell: Dappled markings on her skin

Appearance

Kohl is far more likely to be found in any of her library of shapes than she is in her true human form, much preferring to blend in with those of the West.  The form she favors the most is one of long black hair, a slender build and suntanned skin.  Gender of this (or any) form depends mostly on her whim; her Twin-Faced Hero Knack allows her to shift between male and female versions of them whenever she desires. 

Her true human form is one of obviously Eastern descent, with bright green streaks in her nut-brown hair, clear skin and green eyes.  Unlike many other Haltans, the largest toes on either foot are not completely opposable. 

Prelude

Twice-Blessed Kohl was once just Kohl, a village girl living deep in the forests claimed by the Haltan Republic. War with the Linowan rarely reached rumor-distance of her village, and for a time, all she knew was peace.  That all changed the day the Dragon-Blooded came with his House banners and his condescensing compassion towards the "mortals" of the village.  On his heels came the Linowan, and a perfectly peaceful Haltan village soon became a staging ground for the war. 

Kohl discovered a deep well of fury within herself as her playmates were forcibly conscripted or imprisioned as "suspected sympathizers with the Haltan cause", her elders questioned for intelligence on Haltan troop movements and the majority of her gender more or less treated as pleasure slaves.  When Kohl finally helped incite rebellion in the village and took up arms to remove the Dragon-Blooded overlord and his Linowan lackeys from power, Luna Exalted her and thus was she once-blessed.

The Silver Pact came in the form of younger Lunars attached to Rain Deathflyer and Silver Python.  Over the course of her "cubhood", her caste was fixed and she mentored under an older Full Moon named Blood-Foamed Wave who had been visiting from the West before Kohl caught his eye.  When messages came in that his attention was needed back in the West, Kohl travelled with him to continue her studies and, though she'd never admit it aloud, distance herself somewhat from the atrocities she'd suffered, witnessed and committed in the brief but bloody occupation of her village.

Though her mentorship has long since ended, Kohl lingers in the West.  On some level, it is to delay returning to the war she knows is still raging through her home nation.  But the majority of it is because she sees in the island nations the same corruption, apathy and decadence she has firmly come to believe lies ultimately with the Dragon-Blooded, and she is determined to do what she can before she leaves.

Much like her spirit shape, Kohl prefers speed and stealth to raw strength, striking from the shadows to fade away again once she's wounded or killed her prey.  While this led to lively bets in the first months of her training on whether she'd be fixed as a Full or Changing Moon, the results of her final trials were crystal clear. 

Attributes:  *Strength 3, *Dexterity 4, *Stamina 4, Charisma 3, Manipulation 2, Appearance 3, Perception 3, Intelligence 3, *Wits 3
Abilities:  Athletics 2, Awareness 2, Dodge 2, Integrity 1, *Melee 3, Linguistics 2, Presence 2, Ride 1, Sail 1, Stealth 3, *Survival 2, Lore 2
Backgrounds: Solar Bond 3, Artifact (Short Daiklaves) 2, Heart's Blood 2
Essence: 3  (Personal 13, Peripheral 28/34, Committed 6)
Willpower: 5
Virtues:  Compassion 2, Conviction 2, Temperance 2, Valor 3
Great Curse: Curse of the Raging Bull

Charms:  First Dexterity Excellency (p140), Graceful Crane Stance (p149), Ground-Denying Defense (p152), Wasp Sting Blur (p154), Relentless Lunar Fury (p158) Ox-Body Technique (opt2, p156)
Knacks: Deadly Beastman Transformation (p136), Humble Mouse Shape (p131), Prey's Skin Disguise (p131), Twin-Faced Hero (p136)

Bonus Points: (15) Attributes 3, Abilities 2, Essence 10
Experience Points: (20)  Relentless Lunar Fury (10), Ox-Body Technique (10)

DBT Mutations (7 ) - Fur (1), Tail (1), Claws (1), Fangs (1), Enhanced Hearing (1 ), Chameleon (2)
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Thufir Hawat

Motivation: To hurt the Lintha Family and protect his home from them!

Anima: A whirl of animalistic motives
Spirit shape: Serpent

Strength: 2   Charisma: 3           Intelligence: 3 (4BP)
Dexterity: 5 Manipulation: 1    Wits:  4
Stamina: 5   Appearance: 5       Perception 2(3XP)

Combo: The Untouchable Tidal Wave Form
1st Dexterity Excellency, WARY SWALLOW METHOD, WIND-DANCING METHOD, FLOWING BODY EVASION (13XP)

Essence 2
Willpower 7
Conviction 3
Valor 4 (3BP)
Temperance 1
Compassion 2

Intimacies:
Killing Lintha pirates = 3
Women! (yes-to the exclusion of men, at least as sexual partners) = 3
(unnatural) Solar Mate: Mariula, the Serpent Witch

Manse 3
Heart’s blood 1
Backing 1 (Silver Pack)
Contacts 1 (criminals)
Mentor 1 (Lunar elder, affiliated spirit)

Favored Skills:
Survival 2
Martial Arts 5 (unarmed striking/grappling+3) (3 BP, 3 XP)

Unfavored:
Athletics 1
Dodge 1
Socialize 1
Awareness 3
Integrity 3
Performance: 1
Investigation: 1
Presence: 1
Resistance: 1
Occult: 1
Lore: 1
Linguistics: 2
Stealth: 3

Knacks:
Deadly Beastman Transformation

Charms:
1st Dexterity Excellency
GOLDEN TIGER STANCE
WARY SWALLOW METHOD
WIND-DANCING METHOD
FLOWING BODY EVASION
WASP STING BLUR
RELENTLESS LUNAR FURY
ARMOR-FORMING TECHNIQUE

Description:
An almost towering man, he is not what he looks even on a mundane level. He moves with the unexpected grace of a dancer when necessary, and is not quite as strong as his height and build would suggest. He looks rather young, and many women are probably sighing for his green-brown eyes. His hair is dark and he usually wears it as a short braid. His clothes are worn and he has little personal possessions beyond them and a simple knife he uses to eat.

History:
Once, he was a land-bound man, defending his own village on a small island, not even mentioned on most maps. It was long ago. Memories of the village are almost fading now, but he would fight to the death to protect it. Still, he knows there is much more in the West beyond his island, and he is set to discover it.
There are other men like him, sailing the waves and hunting something. Few of them are actually hunting the Lintha Family, however. He is. He wouldn't be alive, had a Lunar exaltation not chosen him for his host, but it did, and the Silver pack found him in time before the Family or the Wyld hunt.
After his training and tattooing was complete, he is searching for the Lintha once again. He still believes they are a threat to the whole West direction and it is his duty to destroy them. It is not seen as the most pressing matter in the Silver pack, which limits his influence, but then he is not striving for influence, at least for now.
On the other hand, he is travelling with a Solar. what makes the Golden Seneshals truly envious, however, is the fact that it is his Solar - his solar mate.
Her name is Mariula, the Serpentine Witch of the Twilight caste. Travelling with her is proving to be loads of fun so far...
Yes, that is Voichin's Solar. We had discussed it already and the GM approved.
(1XP left to spend)
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Creeper

I'm going to retract my interest as I've joined a few other games and it doesn't look like I'll have time for this. Not like this game's hurting for players  :D.

Good luck!
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Corinthi

The Fisher King, Eclipse Aspected Solar

Background: Once a simple fishing boat Captain, his Exaltation came when his both was set upon by a Skullstone pirate vessel, captained by Obsidian Fangmaw, named for the razor sharp obsidian teeth he wore in battle. As his crew was being slaughtered around him after he'd surrendered on the agreement that they be sparred, a great and powerful wrath grew within him until it spilled out in a torrent of violence. With a caste mark shining brightly upon his brow, he took the pirates apart, killing them all until only a single man was left standing, Fangmaw. The captain taunted him, saying that by the Deathlord's grace he could never die.

'How tragic that will be for you,' The Fisher King replied, then bound the unkillable Pirate in chains, attached an anchor, and dropped him into the deep. Perhaps Fangmaw is down there still, suffering eternally in the cold, dark waters, the release of death forever denied to him.

No longer a simple fisherman, he fell to his knees, face raised to the Unconquered Sun and swore that he would purge the world's seas of those who valued death over life, and would see the Navies of the Silver Prince cast into ruin. Realizing he could not affect such change via force alone, he's thrown in with B. Elsewhere, valuing the playwright's gift of words as a tool to affect change.

Motivation: To rid the world's seas of Deathlord influence.

Anima: Waves of golden and white energy billowing about him like seafoam.

Strength: 3     Charisma: 3        Intellegence: 3
Dexterity: 5    Manipulation: 2    Wits:  3
Stamina: 3    Appearance: 2       Perception 3

Favored Skills: (* Caste skills)
*Bureaucracy
*Linguistics 2
*Ride
*Sail 3
*Socialize 3
Melee 5 (+3 Daiclave) (3bp)
Athletics 3
War 2
Presence 3
Performance 3

Unfavored:
Dodge 3
Resistance 2
Integrity 2

Charms:
First Melee Excellency
Dipping Swallow Defense
Solar Counterattack
Bulwark Stance
Five Bulwark Stance
Heavenly Guardian Defense (Conviction Flaw)
First Sail Excellency
Salty Dog Method
Wild Revelry Approach
Ox Body Technique (x2) -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2
Graceful Crane Stance

Backgrounds:

Artifact 2 (Orichalcum Wavecleaver Daiklave)
Artifact 1 (Orichalcum Breastplate) 8L, 6B 4L/B Hardness
Followers 2 (Loyal Band of Marine/Crewman)
Manse 4 (2bp) Seacalm Gemstone
Mentor 3 (3bp) The Ocean Father

Virtues:

Compassion 3
Conviction 2
Temperance 1
Valor 3

Willpower: 6

Virtue Flaw: Red Rage of Compassion

Intimacies:
His Crew  3
Personal Liberty 3
Music 3

Essence: 3 (7 bp)

Personal Essence: 15
Peripheral Essence: 36
Commited Essence: 7

Combat Information:

Dodge DV: 6
Parry DV: 8
Soak: 10L/10B (Breastplate 8L/6B)
Hardness: 4L/4B
Health Levels: 1x-0 4x-1 6x-2 1x I 2x Dying
Attack: Orichalcum Wavecleaver Daiklave; Speed 5, Accuracy 17, Defense +2, Damage 10L, Rate 3

XP: Ox Body, Graceful Crane, War 1-2, +1 Daiklave Specialization

Surely there's something I need to fix above, but this is my first Exalted Character, so I'm happy hearing what I missed. Basically, I was shooting for a Swashbuckling Ship Captain who could dive into the middle of an enemy ship and rock everything within sword's reach.

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Corinthi on April 17, 2009, 05:59:25 PM
Surely there's something I need to fix above, but this is my first Exalted Character, so I'm happy hearing what I missed. Basically, I was shooting for a Swashbuckling Ship Captain who could dive into the middle of an enemy ship and rock everything within sword's reach.
No combos? If you've got any XP left, you might use a simple one and maybe upgrade it later using the houserule. It's up to you, though, you might want to start with something really strong, and artifacts can take care of lots of extras, barring extremely good rolls.

By the way guys, do you notice that so far, we have a character hating Lintha pirates, another hating DB traders and yet another who wants to tackle the Silver Prince himself-oh, and did I forget the lunar hating Fair folk ;D? There is not a single power in the West that we don't want to destroy - well, we might have to take on them one at a time, but still... :D
And I think that by the end of this game, we'd be known as The Circle That Conquered The West, or a few Exaltations will be looking for new hosts ;)!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Corinthi

I thought about taking a combo of 1st Melee Excellency with Solar Counterattack, but I wasn't sure how useful an investment it would be. I could drop the 2nd Ox Body, raise War from 2-3, and take that 5 point combo.

Five Bulwark Stance is scene long, as is Salty Dog and Graceful Crane, so basically, it's the Excellency and the Counterattack I'd be using from round to round.

Rhapsody

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on April 17, 2009, 06:38:13 PM
By the way guys, do you notice that so far, we have a character hating Lintha pirates, another hating DB traders and yet another who wants to tackle the Silver Prince himself ;D?

Kohl just hates Dragon-Bloods in general.  They smell.  And they have cooties.

Quote from: Thufir Hawat on April 17, 2009, 06:38:13 PM
And I think that by the end of this game, we'd be known as The Circle That Conquered The West, or a few Exaltations will be looking for new hosts ;)!

Or both!  We could be the Circle of Perpetually-Reincarnating Shards Trying to Conquer the West.

On another note, for those of you playing Solars, I did take Solar Bond as a background.  It is currently unattached; I have no problem having a PC mate if it interests any of you crazy sun-worshippers.  :)
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 17, 2009, 06:55:15 PM
Kohl just hates Dragon-Bloods in general.  They smell.  And they have cooties.

Or both!  We could be the Circle of Perpetually-Reincarnating Shards Trying to Conquer the West.
Alright, two of you hate the Dragon-blooded already. And I'm with you, since it's my Solar Mate hating them... ;) Oh, and we have a guy hating the Fair Folk, too, which means we actually hate every single force in the West :D!

And the circle or Perpetually-reincarnating shards sounds like a distinct possibility, too ;D!

Quote from: Corinthi on April 17, 2009, 06:42:50 PM
I thought about taking a combo of 1st Melee Excellency with Solar Counterattack, but I wasn't sure how useful an investment it would be. I could drop the 2nd Ox Body, raise War from 2-3, and take that 5 point combo.

Five Bulwark Stance is scene long, as is Salty Dog and Graceful Crane, so basically, it's the Excellency and the Counterattack I'd be using from round to round.
Scene-longs are a good decision, indeed, and I just don't know about the combo. Well, surprise attacks are your only real major weakness that I can detect, then.
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!