A little character idea of mine.

Started by kongming, August 06, 2007, 11:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kongming

Okay, so this character begins with a picture. That's a little unusual for me, but it's happened before. Here it is.

Okay, ignore the motivational poster bit, and being a villain is by no means a necessity.

Basics:

• We're looking at a character who looks and dresses like that. Yes, seriously. Now, I'm not actually a fan of persecuting the Jewish (though they're not exempt from my teasing. No-one is that lucky), and I'm not a fan of the real world, so both problems can be solved by just making up another world - an existing setting from a roleplaying game, a made-up one, whatever. This way the character needn't be an actual Nazi. It could be the uniform for the noble crusaders, a religious group or something. Maybe she just wears it for the fun of it.
  • Where there are attractive girls in Nazi uniforms, there are riding crops. Where there are riding crops, there is corporal punishment. Fact.
  • I see this character most likely having some sort of military role, maybe as a solo agent, or member/leader of a small unit. As in, just a handful of people.
  • I actively enjoy D&D, I enjoy tinkering with the numbers and selecting feats and all that. So I'd prefer for any prospective GM to make this a d20 game. Not a requirement, just a preference. I enjoy systemless as much as the next person, after all, as well as a few other systems.
  • Assuming the above: Levels below 3 make baby Cthulhu cry. 5-10th is the rough area I'm looking for.
  • We all know how some things just don't work in D&D. For instance, the rulebooks all stating "Fighters don't get nice things." I'd very much like to make use of http://www.d20ragon.com/frank/
  • Now I'm just adding extra dot points.

Some possible ideas for general plot things:

• She is sent by the church or militia to investigate [gothic looking small village with a spooky cathedral], based on rumours of [undead, demons or monsters] in the region. Easy plot hook that can lead to anything, from "Yes, the [monstrous thing] is here, fight!" to "The [monstrous thing] is here, but is actually harmless/friendly/in need of help." to "It was summoned by the town, who are all Cthulhu-worshiping cultists." Possibly a Shadow Hearts: Covenant type beginning.
  • She's part of the Imperium of Man (see: Warhammer 40k. I might even be able to dig up the huge ruleset that I helped playtest, or just freeform it or say "D&D, with Psionics instead of Magic, and with firearms. Done."), sent out to a prison colony, or on one of their large spaceships, when suddenly [something happens]
  • She works as law enforcement in Baator/Hell (a cross between D&D, a Kafkaesque Nightmare (Beaurocratic Hell), Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney and a bondage party), trying to just make things work.

I'm sure it's easy to come up with many more.

The kinky stuff:

• Remember what I said about Nazi uniforms = riding crops = corporal punishment? You do the math.
  • I'm a big fan of F/F, as such, when the situation is appropriate (ie during quieter moments/downtime), she's likely to be interested in female NPCs. I will be.
  • That being said, I'm not adverse to her getting with males, or for horrific monsters. I mean, if Cthulhu wants to get his thing on with her, then go for it. Heck, if you want a Cthulhu-rape-monster that can also transform into just a slightly weird girl that she's interested in, resulting in a strange double-relationship, go for it.
  • On second thoughts, the above sounds both hilarious and awesome.

So, any takers?
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Swedish Steel

Huh. That's like the female version of a character in my game. Look here, Bliss. Put the head in my avatar in an uniform like that and you have the Hound. :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Celestial Goblin

Quote from: kongming on August 06, 2007, 11:14:20 AM
  • She works as law enforcement in Baator/Hell (a cross between D&D, a Kafkaesque Nightmare (Beaurocratic Hell), Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney and a bondage party), trying to just make things work.

Hey, you just described my dream setting to beat all settings!
I want to play this. Or since you're looking for a GM, I can GM this.
If you want D&D, I can provide that. Of course that means the game will be able to go different ways based on your skills and roll of die...
Use whichever supplement you wish, the one you linked to is okay.

Quote from: kongming on August 06, 2007, 11:14:20 AM
Remember what I said about Nazi uniforms = riding crops = corporal punishment? You do the math.
I'd like to point out that nazi uniforms = still leather belts && well as nazi uniforms = leather boots and gloves && a possibility of handcuffs. How about that, hmm?

As for all else, I agree wholeheartedly also:)

kongming

Score! A reply so quick *grin*

The setting really is bizarre. I'm currently tormenting Anathanasia with it. The room the required form in was labeled "Beware of Jaguar". Implying that there was a logical reason for a jaguar to be in the room. It can be as surreal or mundane as any situation desires, leading to horror, action and comedy.

I'm happy for the skills and dice to affect how things go. Should be fun *grin*

I'll get a character made up - with a more in-depth background and personality, now that we know the vague setting and the direction things are going in, and I'll PM it to you when she's done.

Mm, that's all very true. I have no qualms with leather boots, leather belts, gloves and handcuffs.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Chameleon

I hope I'm not being a pest,  but this actually sounds like a really cool idea...  if your looking for other players I'd actually like to get on board.

Celestial Goblin

Quote from: kongming on August 06, 2007, 04:35:18 PM
The setting really is bizarre. I'm currently tormenting Anathanasia with it. The room the required form in was labeled "Beware of Jaguar". Implying that there was a logical reason for a jaguar to be in the room. It can be as surreal or mundane as any situation desires, leading to horror, action and comedy.
I'm reading your game with Anathasia every once in a while and I like it a lot.

Quote from: kongming on August 06, 2007, 04:35:18 PM
I'll get a character made up - with a more in-depth background and personality, now that we know the vague setting and the direction things are going in, and I'll PM it to you when she's done.
Great, I'll plot the scenario myself:)

kongming

Yeah, I'm okay with that, Chameleon. I made my character at 10th level using standard wealth, with a 36 point-buy. Mostly drew upon the source listed above.

Ons/Offs:

Celestial Goblin

Hey, are you folks thinking of doing a 'three-some' game? Or did I understand it wrong?

kongming

Oh, I was just asking for a one-on-one, but assuming you're okay with it, I have no qualms with Chameleon joining in.

Ons/Offs:

Celestial Goblin

Depends how Chameleon prefers.
But since I can be slow(every few days) in posting, maybe it's better to stay one-on-one?

kongming

Ons/Offs:

Chameleon

Well, if its easier for the two of you to get it moving as a one on one,  I say good luck.  If you're ever looking for a temporary rogue NPC though,  get in contact with me.

Celestial Goblin