Taming Virus Girls (Interest Check)

Started by Rynn, December 31, 2018, 03:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Cat

@Rynn: Just because she's trying to break up harems doesn't mean she's any good at it.  >:)

And... can she recognize when she's actually PART of a harem? If so, is she trying to drive the others out ("Liberate the Viruses!") or escape herself? Only the story and muses will tell.  :P
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Prosak

@Rynn: Edited it, you had a very good point. ;) . :

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Character Name: Jacob Burns
Player: Prosak
Type: Human
Personality: Jacob is a diligent and proactive worker with a kindhearted and cheerful disposition. A man who is often thoughtful, well-mannered, and empathetic towards those around him. While he often appears to be clueless, he is shown to be highly intelligent, and is able to analyze each situation from a logical perspective while discerning the best course of action. He rarely goes out, even with friends. Typically staying home when he is not working or acting as a Technician. A geek at heart, he shamelessly likes to act out his fantasies and is prone to outlandish poses. He became a Technician because of a genuine intrigue and interest in Malware. It is totally not a fetish and just a curious interest. (Nose bleeds.)

Other: Chess Club captain back in high school. Enjoy's VR FPS games (Is pretty good at them for a casual.). 5 foot 6. 127 ibs. Has a freakishly fast metabolism.

Steir

It is indeed the wonders of compressed data. |3c

She'd probably have some keys she could quickly pull out as needed, and occasionally have keys spill out on a collision. And yes, she's a sucker for boxes that needs to be opened.

Of course, new security measures/encryption won't have a key yet. Something Kaede must correct immediately to add to her collection of keys. Maybe she enjoys a chase by technicians in the same way phantom thieves have a rival detective going after them?

:D

FrostRose

@TopCat
Thank you for the offer, but I don't want to make you start searching for an image again :3
I had a few I found few I liked, but I might just change my concept up a bit, and go with this image instead.

But wow, there sure was a boost of new characters. They sure sound like fun :3
I'll try to see if I can't get up my character sheet today :3

Top Cat

Quote from: Steir on January 07, 2019, 08:24:46 PM
She'd probably have some keys she could quickly pull out as needed, and occasionally have keys spill out on a collision.
Or a keyring that only seems to have a few keys on it at any time, but she shuffles through and other keys appear and disappear. A "keyring of holding," of sorts. ;)

@FrostRose: OK. She looks playful!
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Prosak

@Frostrose. I do like the pic, if you go for it no complaints here ;) lol.

Metraxa

Character Name: Evelyn Costanza
Player: Metraxa
Personality: In the real world Evelyn is a fairly laid back sort, the kind who believes in taking things as they come and not getting unduly worried about anything. She's confident in her abilities and doesn't see a need to prove herself, unless particularly provoked by someone. Can get annoyed at fussy individuals, for what that might matter. When working she's much more focused and serious, devoting herself to whatever task is at hand. As for the Malware, she mostly sees them as something to deal with, her reactions depending on what she's interacting with. But if some strike her fancy she's not above a bit of fun while on the job. Still, she was hired by the AIM Project, and she'll do what they want her to do as long as they paty her salary and don't complain about her workplace habits.

Other:
-Likes to listen to music while working
-Her avatar is definitely not compensating for being old. Honest.

FrostRose

@Prosak & TopCat
Thank you <3
Hopefully I can make her as playful as the image shows :3

Character Name: Nerro
Player: FrostRose
Type: Human/Malware
Personality:  For the cookies!- Nerro early on in her Virus career found an appetite for the cookies on the web and it didn't take her long to make it her personal mission to collect, and eat them all. Leaving a trail of cookie crumbs where ever she goes; for the unlucky fools who's computers she passed through, she left a few of the things she copy'd, pasting it where ever she found would be the best place for it. Of course not considering that the places she considered a good place, wasn't perhaps the best one for the owner of passwords, documents and private, and embarrassing files, she shared around.
Perhaps a little clueless, Nerro stubborn naivety does make it hard to convince her what she is doing is wrong, since she genuinely believes what she's doing is perfectly okey. After all from what she has gathered off the interwebs, computers and programs don't have any feelings, and therefor what she's doing can't hurt it. As well, the first thing she learned on her own, was that having secrets, and lying is a very bad thing. So in the end, she's doing the humans a solid. They should be paying her, but out of the goodness of her heart, all she takes as payment are the cookies.

Other:
-Nerro stands at 5 foot 2.
-She will do a lot of things for the cookies.

Roleplay Frog

Roleplay Frog/Eren
Oh, a character with multiple facets/layers! Characters with ambition are always fun to mess interact with.
There isn't really much else for me to say here since I can't think of anything that worries me. And I don't really want to list what I like about him, since I'd just be echoing the character sheet. I did find it interesting that he's afraid of germs though.

Aww shucks, you'll make me blush (which creates a brownish color for a green frog if you wonder.)
The germophobia is done for two reasons, one is that it can enhance kinky dominance by way of overcoming your fears in virtual forms, virus girls are computer-germs in a way after all. The other is that I like to keep my characters imperfect, and this fit. ^^

QuoteThanks to a certain Frog, I keep thinking something different when I see the word "Backdoor" now...

Corruption sucessful. Nothing wrong with being a backdoor-girl if you're into it though!

QuotePersonality:  For the cookies!- Nerro early on in her Virus career found an appetite for the cookies on the web

I hate that I haven't thought of that concept myself as it amuses me now. :P

tallandhandsome

Hello! This sounds like a really cool game and I'd love to be a part of it. Hopefully there's still room!

Character Name: Eric Stolling
Player: tallandhandsome
Personality: Although Eric may look relaxed, his life is anything but. At the age of 10 he was declared by the Nodessan chapter of MENSA to be a genius. A year later, Eric published a critical paper on the distribution of specific mutations in cancer cells. Eric completed his Ph.D. in Bioinformatics at the age of 18. Since the global Malware tragedy, Eric devoted his life to becoming a technician. Despite Eric's fascination with biology and data, his personality is far from dry. He loves to joke around with his colleagues, throw dinner parties, and in general be around those who don't focus on his massive brain (he's pretty shy about it).

Other:
-Eric loves taking pictures of random fungi he sees on trees.

Rynn

I really should have chosen a better time to start this... Ah well, hopefully you guys aren't too bothered by how slow I am at the moment. It will get better...... maybe? probably? hopefully.

Prosak/Jacob
Thanks for taking the time to add the extra info. I'm looking forward to how he plays out.

FrostRose/Nerro
A virus girl who collects cookies? Interesting concept! I like how you've used your creativity to give cookies a double meaning. It'll be interesting to see one girl hoarding cookies, and another hoarding keys. I think her honesty as a character could lead to a lot of interesting interactions as well. Approved!

Metraxa/Evelyn & Tallandhandsome/Eric
Both of you have come up with a pretty interesting character. But they've also made me hit a roadblock of sorts.
It's technically my fault, since I should have stated this in a more accessible/notable section of the starter post. But I mentioned in the initial quote that Technician's "real appearance and VR appearance will be kept the same for simplicity sake." So there's a bit of a conflict there.

There's two obvious solutions.
- The first one is that you guys remove the avatars, and we just stick to the original plan of characters taking on their real-life appearances.
- The second option is that we change the rules, and everyone can add an avatar (if they wish to do so).

I'm honestly fine with either choice. The only thing I'd like to note is that the entire roleplay will take place inside the Virtual City. So how a character actually looks is pretty redundant in terms of plot. I do realize it can add a bit to a characters backstory (Eg; Evelyn compensating for 'not' being old).

If we put the avatar issue off to the side though, I like the concepts behind both characters. So after a bit of feedback from the others and yourselves, I think we've got enough people to get started.

Metraxa

I don't mind either way, I'm willing to delete the avatar if needed. I missed that bit in the OP, and wanted to use the picture :P That's all really

Top Cat

I'm all in favor of the Avatar images. Something a clever virus can use to embarrass their eventual controller. ;)
O/O / Story Seeds

Prosak

Im fine either way, my character will look the same as in real life though lol.

Rynn

Since the 3/4 people it concerns have voiced their opinion, and I doubt Frog will care either way. I'm just going to go ahead and say that Technicians can create their own avatar. Eren's narcissism makes me think he'll look like his real life self anyway.

As things stand:
-We've got 4 Technician
Jacob/Eren/Evelyn/Eric

- And 4 Malwares
Tetra/LILO/Kaede/Nerro

We could use a few more faces on either side, but for the time being that seems like a pretty sweet number to go with. All of the characters listed above have been approved... and I guess I need to create a character thread thing for them. Along with a chat thread and an IC? (Is that how things work here? I'm just guessing after a good look around).

Prosak

Roleplay Frog

Wha huh, whats Frog care about? Oh.. look, I'm the only one that lovingly read your first post! Definitly lazy about image-googlin!

I always recommend an OOC hub with all the links to the different topics, charsheets and ic, perhaps later there can be sexytimes, but you can do that ic too usually. *nodfrogs*

edit: Right-o, not bumping this, but.

*plays Funeral Dirge*

Rynn

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on January 11, 2019, 07:27:41 AM
*plays Funeral Dirge*

I hate to say this, but I think you might be right.

I've been holding off on admitting that for awhile now, but you're right. It's been a week since the last post in here, and I don't really see my circumstances improving.

Since I lack the expertise (and more importantly 'time') to run this at the moment, it might be for the best if I knife it now rather than stringing everyone along indefinitely. I might try again when I have more free time, and have gotten back into the swing of roleplaying, (a few friends couldn't hurt either).

Top Cat

It is what it must be. Maybe next time. =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds

Steir

No worries. Maybe when things settle down and you come across the idea again we can get it up.

:)