Hogwarts A Future

Started by Kendra, January 03, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zealously Jaded

Quote from: Haibane on January 08, 2012, 01:36:57 PM
One thing I noticed was Redrick Schuhart colouring his hair magically, again that's the kind of thing I was thinking was too advanced for wizards who don't have wands and have so far only studied the theory.

Maybe he found a potion that would do it?

Aiden

Multiple reasons, family, older siblings, friends etc.

Haibane

True, true, though that's not the impression the character sheet gives, but with outside guidance/assistance I guess it works.

Caela

Quote from: Absinthe Tori on January 08, 2012, 01:38:55 PM
Maybe he found a potion that would do it?

Or an older friend or relative could have been doing it for him until he got his "real" wand and taught him the incantation so he could do it himself thereafter.

The books were rife with students that knew spells they hadn't been taught yet in school (most notably Hermione who was always reading ahead). Just because no one taught it to them at the Ministry school doesn't mean they won't have tried things and, I'd imagine, there would be a bit of a period of craziness with many of them trying things they only know the "theory" of once they have real wands to practice with.

Haibane

This is true, the first couple of weeks at Hogwarts will be pretty crazy with all that going on. New wands+loads of theory on the subject+allowed to do magic in school for the first time=mayhem!

Caela

Quote from: Haibane on January 08, 2012, 02:03:08 PM
This is true, the first couple of weeks at Hogwarts will be pretty crazy with all that going on. New wands+loads of theory on the subject+allowed to do magic in school for the first time=mayhem!

Exactly! :D

I could see more than one first year with interesting hair/skin/splotches on clothes from misfired/misworded spells! Hehehe.

Jordan will be doing much laughing, some eye-rolling, and probably a bit of correcting if she sees someone that's close but just not quite got a pronunciation or wrist movement down. She likes to be helpful...and the quicker they learn, the sooner the halls are safe again!

TheHangedOne

I know I didn't write out the explanation for it on the character sheet, but here it is: His mother, being a model, is good with cosmetic magic  (not that she uses that around the Muggles; it's just something she picked up when she was, herself, a student, being somewhat vain and obsessed with looking good). So, basically, one day, he just asked her to change his hair color, after seeing her do it at home for the millionth time.  And every so often, she just had to re-cast the spell on him.

And as play begins, he'll know the spell, just from having it cast on him multiple times over the past few years. And once he's got his wand, he'll be able to do it himself.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Kokaine

Question regarding brooms and quidditch! First years in the novels weren't allowed to own brooms and typically weren't chosen for house teams (though exceptions could be made), will that be the case here or will that be different due to the ages of the characters? (sorry if this is mentioned in the wiki and I missed it somehow)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Kokaine on January 08, 2012, 02:15:42 PM
Question regarding brooms and quidditch! First years in the novels weren't allowed to own brooms and typically weren't chosen for house teams (though exceptions could be made), will that be the case here or will that be different due to the ages of the characters? (sorry if this is mentioned in the wiki and I missed it somehow)

This is a good question.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Flower

I have a question (sorry if it's in the wiki), but will the school still have house ghosts?

Zealously Jaded

Quote from: Dancing flower on January 08, 2012, 02:59:44 PM
I have a question (sorry if it's in the wiki), but will the school still have house ghost?

There are only 3 ghosts that are stated on the wiki, under faculty and staff...not sure about wandering ones though!

Praxis

Looking for...and can't find it.  : /

My apologies if it's like...right here in front of my face but are you guys accepting new players/writers/characters?

Zealously Jaded

We haven't started yet, :) Come aboard.

Praxis

Hawt!

I'll get cracking on a write up and then cross fingers for approval.

Zealously Jaded

:) If you have any questions post them here otherwise we have a chatting thread here...

edit: the link should work better now

Praxis

Quote from: Absinthe Tori on January 08, 2012, 04:56:38 PM
:) If you have any questions post them here otherwise we have a chatting thread[urlhttps://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=128609.0] here...[/url]

Thanks.  :)

You're being super-helpful.  There's a fair amount to absorb.  O.o

Zealously Jaded

Your welcome :) There is a lot, but it's going to be fun :)

Niferbelle

Like Kokaine, I'm  interested to know if we could have gotten some prior flying practice if we are so inclined. Vivi would have been on a broom first chance she got. And Vivi's pink hair is magical too but I just figured for now it's something her aunt does for her until she can learn to do it herself.

I have to say I'm very impressed by how many of you are setting up your relationship page! Such creativity. It makes me sad I'm pathetic with stuff like that  :-(

Flower

Don't be sad, Niferbelle! Lol, I don't have much of a talent for such things either. ^.^

Trieste

I'm still sort of poking at mine. I really enjoyed creating it, but I worry that it's hard to read.

Praxis

Quote from: Absinthe Tori on January 08, 2012, 05:02:19 PM
Your welcome :) There is a lot, but it's going to be fun :)

*Pokes you...*

So...uh...when written, do I post my character concept here for approval, or PM them?  Or do I sit on it altogether until they get back to me with the results of my House Quiz?

I plan on going second year.

Flower

It's not hard for me. But just in case, you could just create a spoiler underneath with the same information like Eden's.  :-)

TheHangedOne

There's a thread around here somewhere to post to. Here we go.

And yeah, Red would want to learn how to fly as soon as possible, too.  :-)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Niferbelle

QuoteDon't be sad, Niferbelle! Lol, I don't have much of a talent for such things either.

*snuggles Dancing Flower*

Zealously Jaded

Quote from: bdgb on January 08, 2012, 05:20:52 PM
So...uh...when written, do I post my character concept here for approval, or PM them?  Or do I sit on it altogether until they get back to me with the results of my House Quiz?

I plan on going second year.

You'll be the only second year person. PM the house quiz to be Kendra and Aiden, but the wand quiz goes just to Aiden. Put the character sheet where TheHangedMan said, you can always edit it later.

There's also a relationship thread here...