Shards of Magick: A Merry Gentry Series AU - Still accepting - LGBTQ friendly

Started by Kokaine, November 18, 2013, 02:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haloriel

-snickers-  Vagina Miracles.  I totally approve; that made me laugh pretty hard.  That said, it was holiday/lazy time for some of us, so I'm sure we'll get this started soon.  Thanks for the post, Koka, and thanks everyone for the interest!

bubby

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

bubby

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Haloriel on December 08, 2013, 03:01:07 PM
-snickers-  Vagina Miracles.  I totally approve; that made me laugh pretty hard.  That said, it was holiday/lazy time for some of us, so I'm sure we'll get this started soon.  Thanks for the post, Koka, and thanks everyone for the interest!

Well it did kind of turn in to a lot of sex, sex, MAGIC, sex, MAGIC, sex sex fight sex MAGIC. I was just like "Everytime she sleeps with someone... there's some crazy magic thing no one's been able to do in forever happening." And so it seemed like at that point it shouldn't be Merry Gentry Series, it should be the Mary's Vagina Miracles Series. xD
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Caela

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on December 09, 2013, 02:12:00 PM
Well it did kind of turn in to a lot of sex, sex, MAGIC, sex, MAGIC, sex sex fight sex MAGIC. I was just like "Everytime she sleeps with someone... there's some crazy magic thing no one's been able to do in forever happening." And so it seemed like at that point it shouldn't be Merry Gentry Series, it should be the Mary's Vagina Miracles Series. xD

Anita Blake got like that for awhile too. Both series seem to be smoothing out and getting back to actual storylines though. There's still sex, but LKH seems to be glossing over it more and more...which I am grateful for. I get using it as a plot hook now and then, but it was just too much. Not it seems to be getting back to more character and plot development and less sex.

Haloriel

Quote from: Caela on December 09, 2013, 05:21:08 PM
Anita Blake got like that for awhile too. Both series seem to be smoothing out and getting back to actual storylines though. There's still sex, but LKH seems to be glossing over it more and more...which I am grateful for. I get using it as a plot hook now and then, but it was just too much. Not it seems to be getting back to more character and plot development and less sex.

Indeed.  I enjoyed the erotica she wrote especially the first few times she did so early in the Anita series - like, books five and six - but there is a point of too much and she'd long crossed the line for the genre she was supposedly writing in.  If I want to read Erotica - I buy books from that section.  But if I want Modern Fantasy - there had better be more plot than anything else!

Caela

Quote from: Haloriel on December 09, 2013, 05:41:56 PM
Indeed.  I enjoyed the erotica she wrote especially the first few times she did so early in the Anita series - like, books five and six - but there is a point of too much and she'd long crossed the line for the genre she was supposedly writing in.  If I want to read Erotica - I buy books from that section.  But if I want Modern Fantasy - there had better be more plot than anything else!

Agreed. I will admit that I stuck with the Anita books and just started skipping a LOT of pages to gloss over the sex. I am MUCH happier now though because she is getting much more back into the story and less of the sex. And I have to admit that any book that has Edward in it has me hooked right from the get-go. Psychotic though he is, I LOVE that character! lol

bubby

Caela

Emmykins

-researches for like thirty minutes.-

I'm interested.

-starts reading.-  ::)

Haloriel

Update:  You guys have been super patient, which is lovely. <3  Kokaine and I are working on the world, rules and character sheet and should have those posted within the next week or so as a rough estimate, I would believe unless wild rabbits appear and eat us both - an unlikely scenario! 

Off topic - Edward is badass.

On Topic for Everyone:  Who is your favourite male or female character from LKH's Fae series?  Why?  I'm really curious about answers and its a great way to keep the thread focused.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Haloriel on December 10, 2013, 09:25:24 PM
On Topic for Everyone:  Who is your favourite male or female character from LKH's Fae series?  Why?  I'm really curious about answers and its a great way to keep the thread focused.[/font]

Doyle or Frost. I was actually sad to find out there wouldn't be any cannons in this RP because I've wanted to do a fan RP where I got to play a girl who ended up as the meat in that sandwich. >.>

Yes, I realize that's a really shallow reason to love characters, but if I were to write out all the reasons why, it would turn in to a several page dissection of their personalities and mental states and that... well... I don't want to do that to you. LOL

Kokaine

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on December 10, 2013, 09:32:27 PM
Doyle or Frost. I was actually sad to find out there wouldn't be any cannons in this RP because I've wanted to do a fan RP where I got to play a girl who ended up as the meat in that sandwich. >.>

Yes, I realize that's a really shallow reason to love characters, but if I were to write out all the reasons why, it would turn in to a several page dissection of their personalities and mental states and that... well... I don't want to do that to you. LOL

*high-5 for BP*

Who the hell wouldn't wanna be in that sandwich?!
That's a sexy sammich right there 8-)

I think Frost just edges Doyle out as my favorite, but I like them as a pair. xD

Oh and yes, Halo and I are working on stuffs! ::)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

RampantDesires

Barinthus has always pretty much rocked my world.  Almost seven feet of yum, quiet power behind the throne...

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Caela

Quote from: RampantDesires on December 10, 2013, 09:48:35 PM
Barinthus has always pretty much rocked my world.  Almost seven feet of yum, quiet power behind the throne...

+1

It's always been a toss up between Doyle and Barinthus for me. I like Frost, but he's just too damned moody. I'd have bitch slapped that man silly long before making it to the middle of a Doyle/Frost sammich! lol

Haloriel

Quote from: Caela on December 10, 2013, 10:13:03 PM
+1

It's always been a toss up between Doyle and Barinthus for me. I like Frost, but he's just too damned moody. I'd have bitch slapped that man silly long before making it to the middle of a Doyle/Frost sammich! lol

Well, you could always duct tape Frost's mouth shut or steal his voice.  Problem solved, haha!  But yes, Barinthus is hot.  The hair description was something I always adored and thought was super cool.  Doyle is just ... Doyle.  XD

NinjaWeazel

Quote from: Haloriel on December 10, 2013, 09:25:24 PM
Off topic - Edward is badass.

On Topic for Everyone:  Who is your favourite male or female character from LKH's Fae series?  Why?  I'm really curious about answers and its a great way to keep the thread focused.

Edward is never off topic.  (Guess my favorite character in the Anita Blake novels ::) )

But as far as the favorite male fae...  Well obviously Doyle because everybody loves a total badass, there's just no contesting.  See also: Why Edward is never off-topic.  But beyond that...  Rhys.  How can you not love a one-eyed God of Death in a trenchcoat and fedora?  Also he and I share a sense of humor, so there's that.

Also by the way hi, I'm Weazel, and I am intrigued by this game.

Kuje

Doyle or Rhys for me, Frost would be a third. :)

Nadir

Interested~

Sholto or Rhys was my fav, before his power returned. ::)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Caela on December 09, 2013, 05:54:34 PM
Agreed. I will admit that I stuck with the Anita books and just started skipping a LOT of pages to gloss over the sex. I am MUCH happier now though because she is getting much more back into the story and less of the sex. And I have to admit that any book that has Edward in it has me hooked right from the get-go. Psychotic though he is, I LOVE that character! lol

I dunno. There was just one point where I read a book in 2 hours and realized that it could have been a short story. It was just like she phoned it in. I got the MG books after that but I started to mourn for the 'old' Anita who had problems with her boss an all the stuff that was I. The first four or five books.

I know I'm not her current audience and she doesn't need my purchases to thrive so I moved on.

That being said I loved BOTH settings.  Wish I could think of an orignal character to offer.

NinjaWeazel

Things definitely started getting back towards the original style starting with Skin Trade, I think.  The sex was still there (of course), but there was a lot less of it in relation to the rest of the story.  It was nice seeing Anita get back to kicking ass and taking names instead of just sleeping with everything under the sun and then feeling ~*so guilty*~ for 2/3 of a book.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: NinjaWeazel on December 14, 2013, 09:07:19 AM
Things definitely started getting back towards the original style starting with Skin Trade, I think.  The sex was still there (of course), but there was a lot less of it in relation to the rest of the story.  It was nice seeing Anita get back to kicking ass and taking names instead of just sleeping with everything under the sun and then feeling ~*so guilty*~ for 2/3 of a book.

Flirt or skin trade was the last Anita Book I bought. I read my old paperbacks but have looked any further since.

NinjaWeazel

Flirt was alright.  A little bit of backsliding towards the 'constant smut' but still a pretty good story, and she picked up another of my favorite characters.  Bullet kept moving a bit more toward the old-school feel of things, there was still a fair amount of sex but it didn't dominate the book.  Hit List was pretty damn solid.  Kiss the Dead felt like a filler book, but it was OK.  Affliction was pretty damn good.

Kokaine

Alright folks! Recruitment is now officially open!

Please see the first post of this thread for all the important bits and feel free to ask questions here or via PM (just be sure and PM both myself and Haloriel).

We look forward to seeing what you all come up with :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os