Non-con fantasy/horror D&D 3.5 RP(Full)

Started by Koyume, September 10, 2010, 07:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I'll play but don't own the 3.5 rules, the only DnD rules I own are the 3.0  set so I can't see running anything but can look into it.

Dakota
Elf, Female, Rogue, 3rd Level
Neutral
invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/25128/  - without racial modifiers -

Strength  16  [+3]
Dexterity  16  [+3]
Constitution  12  [+1]
Intelligence  11  [+0]
Wisdom  11  [+0]
Charisma  14  [+2]     

Look ok so far, assuming there is room for one more?

Decrepitdan

To All-   For clarification purposes, a level adjustment makes a character equivalent to a level three character, but the character starts at level one. The character gains xp slower than his comrades who do not have a level adjustment. There is no need for everyone to start out at level three, because the character with the level adjustment will start out slightly ahead, and then the xp penalty will level the playing field.

Round robin Dungeon Mastering would be fine, but perhaps it wouldn't do very well, as an overall story arc is probably necessary. Since this game will likely be more story based than combat based (at least if I understood Koyume correctly), the overall feel of the setting and npc's being set by one DM might be important.

Koyume

@RubySlippers: Looks fine, and one more certainly couldn't hurt. Also 3rd edition is extremely similar to 3.5; I'm sure you'll be just fine, and you can always look over the 3.5 system reference documents, which I posted a link to in my last post. I figure we don't really need everyone to DM, but I'd like at least two or three others willing to handle it to take the pressure off of me  ::).

Quote from: Decrepitdan on September 13, 2010, 11:04:53 PM
To All-   For clarification purposes, a level adjustment makes a character equivalent to a level three character, but the character starts at level one. The character gains xp slower than his comrades who do not have a level adjustment. There is no need for everyone to start out at level three, because the character with the level adjustment will start out slightly ahead, and then the xp penalty will level the playing field.

Round robin Dungeon Mastering would be fine, but perhaps it wouldn't do very well, as an overall story arc is probably necessary. Since this game will likely be more story based than combat based (at least if I understood Koyume correctly), the overall feel of the setting and npc's being set by one DM might be important.

Very true aboot the level adjustment business, but at this point it's just easier to make the starting level 3 I think, just as well really. As far as DMing... well, I don't have many thoughts right now as far as a long term storyline, maybe we could kind of just work on that as we go along, and play it more like a series of "short stories" in the meantime. Unless of course one person (not me) wants to step up and claim the role of DM.

We've got a nice full party, so everyone get crackin on your characters, eh? And let me remind everyone just in case that this rp should involve primarily non-consensual themes.

Oh right! And starting wealth for 3rd level characters is 2,700 gp; you can find all core items in the system reference documents.

BigBuckBob

beguiler darkelf
Strength    11   (+0)
Dexterity    19   (+4)
Constitution    14   (+2)
Intelligence    20   (+5)
Wisdom    14   (+2)
Charisma    16   (+3)
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

RubySlippers

Marie Reynolds

Their is something I think needs to be mentioned are we going to chose a campaign setting for this.

Koyume

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on September 14, 2010, 05:21:55 PM
Their is something I think needs to be mentioned are we going to chose a campaign setting for this.

Good question, and one partly relevant to character creation I suppose; I was thinking it would be based in an original setting, one that we could each kind of contribute to as we go along. If you have a strong desire to play in a particular setting though, speak up. As far as setting specific feats and magic and whatnot, I'd say just use whatever, unless it seems strikingly outlandish and setting specific.

Also, just for future reference, how many of you like tentacles?  ;D

Marie Reynolds

Hmm the idea of an original setting could be interesting or Forgotten realms could be a good setting considering the amount of  evil organizations and the power hungry nations.

Decrepitdan

Tentacles = Shmexy!

As an aside, the better the world we start with, the more work the DM will have to do to change it based upon the needs of the scenario. Just saying.

RubySlippers

The Realms would be good, just pick what took over. Options -

City of Shade

Thay (not all evil to most folks are neutral)

The Zhentarum

Various states with some areas still free - Waterdeep, Evermeet and some other bastions protected by powerful magic and assets or declared neutral but strong enough to repel invasion or politically savey to play the sides. [I'd favor this one and would also be less work having areas in place ita also moat likely. EXAMPLE Attacking Waterdeep would hardly be a good idea uber-powerful magic, lot of retired and actual adventurers and big powerful major temples lets say nightmare scenario. Likely no single power would try that.]

Marie Reynolds

Yep it would and it would just be as simple as extending borders and such.

Koyume

I think Decrepitdan makes a good point; despite Faerun being all laid out for us, it would still be more complicated, I think, to modify it appropriately, especially given it's complexity, than it would be to create our own world from scratch, and design it as needed as we go along. I'm also a little tired of the Forgotten Realms at the moment, and to make this work it would really have to be heavily modified, just considering the sheer number of powerful forces at work in the realms; if anything the Midnight setting is much closer to what we're after I think, but not close enough and a little harder to find information for.

Decrepitdan

In this example, if I was DM, I would work on a tacit OOC agreement between the characters and the DM. First, the DM would agree to create one or two nations for the characters to play in, and would work on detailing those realms very well. In return, the players agree out of game to find very strong in character reasons for their characters not to leave those areas unless absolutely necessary.

The only reason I think such an agreement is necessary is because world creation is A LOT of work.

Koyume

Quote from: Decrepitdan on September 14, 2010, 07:48:31 PM
In this example, if I was DM, I would work on a tacit OOC agreement between the characters and the DM. First, the DM would agree to create one or two nations for the characters to play in, and would work on detailing those realms very well. In return, the players agree out of game to find very strong in character reasons for their characters not to leave those areas unless absolutely necessary.

The only reason I think such an agreement is necessary is because world creation is A LOT of work.

It can be a lot of work, but it really depends on how thorough a job you're doing  ;)  ;I figure that the only setting that really matters is what's actually being used. I'm far from certain about how this world should operate, and I don't know how far events will take the heroes, but I kind've have a rough outline in mind.

Basically, the entire continent of Feradune(when I can't think of a name I like to combine words that seem to make sense, in this case feral and dune, indicating that the land is wicked, untamed, and somewhat desolate; we can always change names later) is under a desecrating curse of an origin unknown to most people in this period, though perhaps remembered by some of the older races such as elves and dwarves. The sky is dark and overcast in most places even during the day, food produced by the soil almost always has some unwholesome quality, vegetation grows very little in some places and chokingly in others, and seems even to have a malevolent will of its own. People routinely burn their dead to prevent them from  rising again as zombies, and undead of all kinds thrive, as well as the savage races, such as orcs and goblins, who had in the past cursed the sun and dwelled in caves and deep forests. Organized packs of ghouls make frequent raids on the living, and they bring with them a terrible plague which can transform those killed by it into ghouls themselves, with a terrible hunger for living flesh(possibly in more ways than one).

To combat the ever-present dangers, many knighthoods and magical orders have sprung up throughout the continent, and with their protection life for humanity is able to continue with some semblance of normalcy: merchants, who always hire seemingly excessive protection, are generally able to travel from place to place as needed, commoners attend church frequently, nobility find the time to backstab and sabotage each other etc. Wars are infrequent, except with the savage races, but rumours abound... and adventuring is an excellent profession to be in as there is almost always need for a sword-for-hire or a lunatic to enter sewers or old ruins.

Anyway, not sure how far we'll travel, but we can come up with a few locations as needed before we start; if you've got ideas then let's hear em', and get those characters going. Also, I was thinking that the characters would meet for the first time in-game, and I was planning on making the opening scene something "classic"   -_-.

BigBuckBob

My vote is for a world that is made up as we go.

Also, any important npc's in a given storyline should have their own character thread with notes on how they can be properly used. Or a note to be just left out entirely if there is an overarching plot you want to do with them. 

Also, dibs on the name Roanoke.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Marie Reynolds

Im down with what the majority goes with sorry its taking so long damn job  and balancing other games.  But i will get the character posted i have the stats down and the feats just need to do the rest. The basic outline of the backstory.

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Koyume

Well, not to rush anyone or anything, but I was wondering if anybody had any questions that might help with character generation, particularly if they involve rules or statistics.

Also I've just been struck with new inspiration so I think I'm going to modify my own character's backstory a bit. Oh, and to Ironwolf; remember that we're starting at level 3, and rolling 5d6 for ability scores, so you're certainly welcome to re-roll Jacques' stats.

BigBuckBob

Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Koyume

Quote from: BigBuckBob on September 19, 2010, 11:24:35 PM
Any treads started or are we just posting character sheets here?

Good idea; thanks for reminding me. Here is a thread for characters:https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=82924.msg3656865#new

Also, if anyone has ideas for a title for the RP, please share them.

yuna0417

Koyume

Oh, I think we could squeeze one more in, if you're interested, and particularly if you have experience with 3.5. People are being pretty slow with characters so we haven't started yet; just follow that link I posted earlier to the character thread.

yuna0417

I'm fairly experienced with 3.5, can have a character up tonight for all to see, from stats to skills to equipment.

Koyume

Quote from: yuna0417 on September 21, 2010, 05:06:57 PM
I'm fairly experienced with 3.5, can have a character up tonight for all to see, from stats to skills to equipment.

Sounds great. Also, while it's not necessary (I didn't do it for my character, partly because I'm starting off as DM) you might consider including a section in your character sheet with some things that you want/expect to happen to your character, and things that you're uncomfortable with, if only to avoid awkwardness later on. (An example of things that might be present which I expect not everyone will be comfortable with are non-consensual acts involving tentacled creatures and other monsters.)