choose your own adventure?

Started by gnoah, January 27, 2013, 03:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnoah

Here is a odd idea, what if we did a choose your own adventure type RP?  We can think of a story that gets both of us going, and then write a bit about it, then offer at the end a b or d with ideas on what to do. it would end pretty one sided i know but maybe we can each do one for the other person?  Just an idea.  Check out my o/o for interests.

jilorbb

This actually sounds like a lot of fun, depending upon how you go about it.

MissRoziel

This is really cool I used to love these books when I was in school, it'd be a lot of fun to role play one out, are you still looking for a partner?
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=284574.msg14007299#msg14007299

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am also taking art commissions to go towards my goal.

Ripe

This sounds like a great idea! I would love to hear the plan in detail... One player would be the world and the other would be the character, I'm guessing? The character player should obviously not just select answers, but also describe the selection and maybe some of the immediate aftermath. That, I guess, would be the most tricky thing to work out - how much should the character improv? I would love to just try it out with someone and see how it goes :P

gnoah

I had thee ideas on how it would go about,

1. We would each write a story for the other, and offer the chooses at the end, so the writer would be doing the massive lions share on their own, but the other would just pick which way it goes and the writer would go the next page, if this was the way it went i think each would have a story that the other was working from, so both get to write and choose, just in different stories, they could even start out the same.

2. It would just run like a choose your own adventure book, we do a normal RP that we pick out (adult in nature of course) and then at the end of each posts you would put 2-3 "for gwen to suck off the troll to get over the bridge go to page 65" and the other would just do the next post as if that was the chosen page.

3. (if i had to but not really the idea anymore) a RP were the characters life is in a CYOA book and they are following along on page.

Ripe

Sounds like a lot of fun! It just sounds like a heavy commitment for the writer :P I can't honestly say I'd be into that at the moment.
But it's a great idea and I'm sure it'll attract a lot of attention!

gnoah

I hope so, lots of "kinda intresteds" but no takers yet

Galactic Druid

This idea sounds really cool. I'd love to play one, but I'm not sure if I'd be any good at writing one. It'd pretty much be the exact opposite of my usual GMing method. Would read one in a heartbeat though!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

gnoah

pm me a list of things you would love to have a story about and maybe we can do it.

DominicaPotestas

This sounds an interesting idea for sure, could be fun to try out. It depends what sort of story you are looking for of course?

gnoah

It would depend on the player i think.  If you have intrest we can talk about it over pm.

Haztur

indeed the idea sounds good, but it very well be too demanding to one single writer...

Once I saw soemthing similar in a site, someone began the story and gave options and the readers chose one of those and wrote what happened to the charcter after that choise... of course some post were amazing and others were simply horrible.
"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained"
-Mark Twain

gnoah

that could be interesting also, i think it would be challenging for sure, isnt that the point a little?  Also i think if the story was fun enough it would just be awesome.

yesiroleplay

I really love the CYOA idea - sent you a PM with a character idea.