Interest Check: Fate Academy! (A fate rp) - or - SCP Foundation rp

Started by Prosak, April 27, 2017, 09:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosak

Hey there people! I have been on this site for years now, keeping my self semi active but now I have recently found myself in the stable position necessary to focus on role playing. Specifically my favorite type, group games. Now, I am co gm'ing two role plays and a part of two others. And while I may be sort of busy I see no harm in starting an interest check to see where some interest may be for a few role play ideas I have had as of late. You don't have to actually have interest, your input and opinion on which is better is enough for me to know.

1: A more light hearted rp using the Fate series. I will call Fate Academy! In this version of Fate, we play teachers and students in a world where magic is more prevalent and less hidden. The Holy Grail it'self is dormant. But in a way that continues to allow mages to summon their own servants from history, myth and legend. A school is built over the site where the grail was last seen. Allowing students of magic to perform their entrance ceremony, to learn how to become the most prestige's mages.

The entrance ceremony involves a series of Summoning Ritual's performed by each person admitting, once a servant has been summoned the Mage in question is given access into the school grounds as a student.

Students are permitted to duel with their servants and each other for extra credits brought to their over all grade's, as well as popularity among the faculty and staff. (Not to mention your peers.) Once every year there is a tournament, this tournament celebrating the anniversary of The Holy Grail War's of old. But... Something more sinister seems afoot at the school. It is not all sunshine and rainbows. Especially as Death of students and Servants in duels are permitted. (Though of coarse, outwardly discouraged.)

Unlike other Fate stories, this one is open to any number of player's: Both Servant and Mage alike. As for Servants this allows multiple of any given Servant class, as well will even introduce a few new classes.

1:Saber
2:Archer
3:Rider
4:Lancer
5:Berserker
6:Assasin
7:Caster
8:Shielder (Defensive like Servants)
9:Tactician (Non/Semi combative Servants with primarily Support abilities.)

Id leave it up to a vote if it is either Free Form between players or would have a system. I prefer the idea of keeping it freeform, but when players face each other there should be a system involved, even if it is just through my own GM influence. But I will take any ideas on this. Freeform PVP can work as long as players work it out through me. ^^ .

2: This requires no real prior knowledge of the SCP foundation, your characters can just as easily be new to the foundation and require information. This is to be a role play following the science fiction horror adventures of scientists and Mobile Task Force members of the SCP foundation. Seeking to Secure, Contain and Protect the world from unimaginable horrors. Be it cryptid, alien, scientific or supernatural in nature. Or even just plain weird. The feel of the game? Imagine something that in many ways is grim and serious but with a darkly comedic undertone that involves the thrill of discovery and progress. Just with the danger of injury, harm, death. Or going bonkers! Players in this would be going on field missions, taking care of Containment breaches of captured anomalies. Scientists can find their way out on the field trying to investigate creatures and events, or studying SCP's in the supposed safety of their labs.

The game would be free form with me and a co gm's guiding hand. Character deaths are not mandatory or inevitable, but there is a 2 character limit for players. If you wish to have a new character let us know and we can plan out a horrible end to the undesirable character together! ;) Maybe he/she put's on SCP-035? Or has a run in with a certain indestructible lizard? Make a containment breach event out of it!

Link to the SCP foundation website. Awesome reads from authors all over the internet, making interesting or down right creepy things. (With realistic looking government files.) As well as interesting stories written as recorded events. If anything else it is a good creepy read for you guys. ;) .

So thoughts? Ideas? This is just an interest check so no one would be joining anything just yet. I just want to know which people have more interest in so that when I do actually attempt to make one. I a: Know which one is more popular and in doing so. b: Can be more comfortable with knowing if it will have enough players or not.

Broken

Honestly SCP seems more interesting and easier to follow for an RP format.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

VioletPanda

Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Prosak

XD, just checked this for the first time in a few days. Glad to see people are throwing me their interest. I will admit, if I get enough interest for both I may just do both lol. So far though, it seems 50 50 so we will have to see.

Izaya Orihara

Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Prosak

Ok! So we got 3 for Fate now. 2 for Scp. 1 other person is familiar with SCP. I'd need a little more then this to know which venture is better but I am starting to see which it probably will end up being. Fate. Mainly based on the popularity of it as opposed to how often people may know about the SCP foundation. Still would be excited for either though and need a bit more interest to really know.

Dys Astyr

I'd be interested in an SCP game, especially if I could also play as a string of D-Class personnel in addition to a long term character. ;D
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3