Starfleet Academy [Starting/recruiting!! Still Accepting! All Welcome!]

Started by Golden Spider, July 01, 2016, 12:10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

Quote from: VioletPanda on May 24, 2017, 03:11:35 AM
I can see the BFF being all 'It's your life, not your mom's or your dad's. I'm not saying crash and burn on purpose, but all you can do is your best.' 8-)

True enough, but she does want her own ship one day, when the time is right and she's earned the position as her mother and grandfather did before her. So she's gotta work hard :)

Valitreah

I got the pictures from a game called Star Trek Online. Her character was made there about 3 years ago.

Golden Spider

Hello Hello, newcomers! Thought I'd pop in since apparently its my Elliversary and we have new activity. Character Accepted. more are definitely welcome and multiple characters are welcome.

It's been a while so I'm gonna go ahead and say we are ready to begin. So please everyone that is still working on a character or wanting to make a second one please get them in soon and we will start on Friday
Here are my O/Os: http://bit.ly/1HmHtRE 

I have taken the Oath of the Drake: http://tinyurl.com/ptea68l

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Golden Spider

Golden Spider

Okay I have updated the OOC with all the characters that have been sent to me. again the OOC is located at https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=259751.0

Now I will start working on Roommate assignments,

Valitreah

Idej

jeflint

Golden I checked the only data I still have, thankfully, is the Planet and the racial history. If you still have my character sheet I initially sent I think I'm good, but just in case I'll try and get that finished up this evening.

Planet

Name: Dhathatlom
Class: L
Type: Planet
Native Species: Uyv’Yspua (Pronounced Uv Spa)

Dhathatlom is a harsh class L planet composed mostly of rocks, sand and dirt. It's inhabitants live in the caves that make up this planet's interior.

Planetary data

The planet is a spheroid-shaped body with a circumference of 24,874 miles, a mass of 6e21×1021, a mean density of 5.517, and an atmosphere of nitrogen and oxygen. The land is dotted with large mountains, plateaus and oceans of sand. As one goes north to the poles the land becomes more harsh and cold. Rain is sparse in the equator and most rain is gone within moments as it's sucked into the dry landscape. Sand storms rage for miles and can strip flesh from bone if not protected.

The above surface temperatures​ are always roughly 150 degrees during daylight and into the negatives at night. Leading most animal life to have developed under ground. The rotation of the planet gives it roughly 12 hour days, a few hours of twilight and dawn, and 14 hours of night for a total day length of 40 hours. A year cycle is roughly 569 earth days as the planet travels around the sun.

The planet itself is ripe with metals and minerals and rare crystals that are useful for spaceships. It has no other discernable value.

History

Dhathatlom is a planet to close to its gas giant star and therefore it's unpleasant and hard for life to be sustainable. It took far longer to develop rudimentary life and then longer still for that life to develop to the sentient status.

If not for the cache of minerals and metals needed for spaceships no one would have ever come to this planet and discovered the inhabitants of the world.

Racial History

Uyv’Yspua

The creatures of Dhathatlom developed to tolerate the high heat and sandy conditions of their planet but did not develop much beyond that. The thick seasonal fur would grow puffy during the wind months and then in the hot months it was mostly shed to allow cooler body temperatures. The massive ears serve as a heat sink funneling hot body temperature up and through their ears. The long bushy tail act as a means to filter the sand from their mouth and nose while they sleep. Despite the fur Uyv’Yspua are not suited for colder environments their bodies are to proficient at shedding excess heat and can't stay warm much below 50 degrees, in the colder regions Uyv'Yspua sleep in their burrows together to keep warm, with all the members coming together to sleep the burrow will look like a great carpeted room more then a collection of creatures. They developed an ability to draw moisture out of the food they ate and how to survive on very little water.

Tech wise the creatures never developed much past hunter gatherers because they had to constantly move in search of water. The latest discovery for these sentients was that they could take certain rocks and melt them into rude metallic items.

Uyv’Yspua are built around clan lines and the race is constantly competing with each other for water. They don't practice slavery but other clan females will be captured and turned into submissive pets for the entire clan. Because of lack of resources the clan will only send one or two warriors to fight, in reality this is all they can spare in their survival. A typical Uyv’Yspua clan is generally no more than 15 Uyv’Yspua. The biggest and strongest clans have upwards of 40 members

When the Dominion found them they realized how beneficial the species could be off world. The Vhora were seen as gods for they flew and created food and water from nothing and helped to establish communities larger than clans.

Using the primitives as slave labor, essentially, they encouraged a breeding program that encouraged the smallest, most docile and loyal subjects to breed. Over the course of generations the population was completely subservient and loyal.

These new Uyv’Yspua where soon siphoned from the ranks, the old Uyv’Yspua were no longer allowed to breed and died out. The new Uyv’Yspua were soon being bred and raised in chambers to encourage they maintained genetic purity and to continue breeding compliance and loyalty.

The Uyv’Yspua we're taken off planet and to other dry, hot inhospitable worlds to find anything useful on planet. Others were given as gifts to loyal subjects. And the Uyv’Yspua never complained because the gods had saved them. Entire batches we're lost on a frozen world before they realized that despite the fur they were not able to tolerate cold well and it was with trial and error that they discovered the upper and lower ends of their ability. Naturally the hotter the easier it is for them to expell heat but at a certain point, roughly 235+ degrees even a Uyv’Yspua cannot survive because there is no where for the heat to escape too. The same is true of humid worlds and Uyv’Yspua have difficulty expelling heat into the dense hot air.

They were of no use fighting because the fight had been literally bred out of them but with their unassuming nature they made perfect pets and spies and they were natural heaters. A typical Uyv’Yspua will provide their companion with enough heat that a blanket isn't necessary. However if it gets too cold even the Uyv’Yspua will be seeking blankets with their cuddle buddy.

In history past the Uyv’Yspua stood at comparable human heights, the current Uyv’Yspua now stands anywhere from 4’ to 5’, with the preference towards shorter members. They're toned but not strong allowing little resistance from the creatures. They are also surprisingly light, easier to run across the sand oceans.

Uyv’Yspua are known for their acute hearing and ability to survive on very little food and water. They are able to detect a mechanical copy of a voice and some have been able to mimic voices perfectly, provided the creatures octaves are in a range for the Uyv’Yspua to hit.

Though considered a nocturnal race the Uyv’Yspua actually cannot see in dark conditions any better than a human. Their eyes will glow/reflect light but it's more of a defense against transitioning to the surface from the caves. A typical Uyv’Yspua will navigate in the dark using their advanced hearing for prey or predator. It's hard to sneak up on a Uyv’Yspua in quiet environments.

The basic communication between Uyv’Yspua will be a complex series of chittering, purring, barks, growls and squeaks. They're capable, once learning a language, of speaking it but for non anthro creatures it's impossible to replicate their language without a form of mechanical assistance.

Mating was once a complex dance between two partners but since becoming breeding stock this traditional rite has been lost. The Uyv’Yspua couple for life and can produce a kit, a young Uyv’Yspua, every 5 to 6 months. The population was always low so birth rates were high. It was triggered by an individual vixens heat cycle. A clan of females would go into a form of heat together making it easier to grow a clan. Now the typical Uyv’Yspua will never have a sexual partner because the need to reproduce has been given to specific members by their gods. They still have their heat period but with advanced medical science it is less disruptive to the Dominion’s plans.

Edit

I tried my best to remember my complete character sheet, there's some difference but hopefully it's about right. As I said earlier my knowledge of star trek is kinda limited, but hopefully the age is appropriate. I wanted her to be young enough to basically be seen as a non threat and able to apply to star fleet after spending a few years on a ship.

Character Sheet

Username: J. E. Flint
Name: Dabos (270011012306001)
Species: Uyv’Yspua
Home Planet: Dhathatlom
Sexuality: Curious
Appearance:
Personality: Curious, energetic, naïve
What major are you thinking of pursuing:
Major: Xenocommunication
Minor: Councilor
Major: Espionage
Bio: Like many Uyv’Yspua 270011012306001 was vat grown with the rest of her “clan” far away from the planet where her species was born. Many of her batch were sent to work and explore other hostile planets  however the Vorta in control of the facility had noted a slight genetic impurity in 270011012306001 that made her eyes mismatched in color but they could detect no other defects with her. Choosing to error on the side of caution she was pulled early from the batch, would be essentially allowed to grow up like a normal Uyv’Yspua, given to General Alket of the Cardassian Union in honor of his latest string of victories against the federation. Disliking the numeric name that his pet had been given he named her Dabos.

Because combat was no place for a child, or a pet, General Alket left Dabos on a former federation planet in the demilitarized zone that he had recently conquered and where he maintained a private mansion that he called his second home. Left to her own amusements much of the time Dabos frequently explored the land around the mansion and became a frequent sight down in the city and was mistaken for a Caitian child by many of the citizens she was allowed to come and go and expressed a natural curiosity towards the citizens of the town and quickly learned to speak to many of the citizens. Unfamiliar with a Uyv’Yspua Dabos and their hearing ability and her innocent curiosity a lot of information was given in her presence.

When General Alket came back he learned that Dabos had been exploring the area and people believed her to be an orphan and seemed comfortable in her presence. The cardassian decided to use this to his advantage and began to employ Dabos to spy on the population around his mansion with typical cardassian cruelty. Dabos never knew the extent of the ruin she caused to the population directly under General Alket’s control as she sent hundreds into slave mines and worse by reporting back on the people in the city below.

Eventually it was discovered that Dabos was the unwitting stooge in the cardasian’s plan as she revealed information to her friends that she lived with General Alket. Knowing that the information that Dabos would share would be handed directly back to their oppressor they used the furry creature to spring a trap on the cardassian and managed to succeed in capturing him. Luckily for them the dominion war was ending and the Dominion were retreating back to their home in the gamma quadrant. The planet went back to the Federation and General Alket was handed over to Captain of the USS Galaxy when it put in a stop on the planet to pick up supplies and transport the cardassian prisoners. Dabos was taken with the other cardassians but when the general refused to claim her as his subordinate, knowing that she’d have no place in the Cardassian Union, once again no one was sure what to do with the gentle and curious creature that seemed to get along with many of the crew.

Dabos was left on the ship when the Cardassians were transported off ship and she was removed from the holding area to a spare room. The furry creature was often found pretty much anywhere she wasn’t allowed and for her safety and the rest of the crew she was made an temporary ensign and assigned duties which she completed quickly and well. Her desire to please her superiors was deemed a useful trait and the fact that she picked up languages quickly meant that she was a great help when greeting new sentints to the USS Galaxy. Finally Dabos was requested to be brought to Star Fleet for review and investigation.

After spending time being examined by Science Ops Dabos was allowed to join Starfleet Academy and potentially be of more use to Starfleet. She was sent to the main campus of Starfleet Academy with instructions to continue her medical checkups and experiments as well as her classes. But while Dabos had forgotten about her ties to the Cardassians a few of the members of General Alket’s domination had also made it to the academy and they remembered the creature that had spied on them for years.

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Ravenhawk

Cold Heritage

Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

LamentingQuill

Shoot me a PM anyone if you want to plot at all with Rosalyn or have any pre-Academy connections with her :)

VioletPanda

I'm still coming up with a character. It's harder than I expected it to be.
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

jeflint

I'm not sure how much interaction Dabs and Rosalyn would have pre-academy... My general idea was after the entire dominion war Dab's basically grew up on Starfleet ships. But she's trying to be a councilor, so I imagine at one point or another she's going to interact with Ms. Janeway. :)

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Golden Spider

Quote from: Idej on May 25, 2017, 05:11:00 AM
Curious about that too with Val and me.

I don't recall getting your or Val's submission. did you post it here or send me a PM?

Golden Spider

Golden Spider

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 06, 2017, 01:37:16 PM
Forgive me if this has already been answered, I probably missed it, but is this more GM directed or open-sandbox?

sorry for the delay i just now noticed your question. Its going to be more of an open sandbox, but I will take possession of an NPC or two at times to further plots and such.

Golden Spider

Alright i have found the two CS and have updated the OOC, everyone I request you all migrate over to there. I will be locking this thread again the link to the OOC is https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=259751. Welcome to Starfleet Acadamy recruits.

All New-comers or those interested please PM the GM me, Golden_Spider or LamentingQuill or join us at the OOC if yu wish to join!