DnD 3.5 Unlimited: Legendary Monsters Recruitment part2!

Started by Zaer Darkwail, January 07, 2016, 09:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Extra spell is from complete arcane (I allow sorcerer pick spell from any source to learn). Divine sorcerer variant is from complete champion. You do loose 1 spell per level known but get domain spells (and domain power) instead.

Muse

Thank you.  :) 

And the Marshal? 

Edit:  Also, does Paragon Creature grant any bonus to the caster level of spells?  Or only spell like abilities?  Any damage bonus to projectile weapons and/or spell attacks? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

You get insight or was it luck bonus to melee or thrown attack dmg rolls (but not ranged attacks in general like done with a bow). Luck for all attack rolls I think. Marshal is from miniature's handbook but here is WotC page for all details; http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20030906b

Anycase paragon gets +13 insight bonus to any or all special attacks, both from race or from class itself (insight bonus can be applied flexibly; like paladin smite could get +13 insight to attack rolls, dmg roll or daily use example). I have allowed that insight bonus to apply to marshal auras as well (as sole expection as note). You can add +13 insight bonus either on spell save DC's (spellcasting gained by class or other source) or to CL.

TheGlyphstone

Generally, the +13 insight bonus is "if you can argue for it, you get it", with the caveat that it can only ever apply to one specific thing once.

Zaer Darkwail

Argue in that does some feature or thing work as a attack and marshal have auras which modify attack rolls or even damage. So thus reason why marshal auras can get +13 insight bonus. Also +13 insight bonus can be applied to range or area (it's rounded up to +15'ft improvement).

Snake

I believe i have my dragon finished completely. Do I just drop it here or PM it Zaer?

I made the dragon a counterattack beast with Combat Reflexes, Large and In Charge (makes AoO's have a bull rush effect out of the AoO area) combined with the variant "Fatiguing Presence" to prevent Charges (which don't provoke.) combined with a minimal 10' reach XD

PhantomPistoleer

How does the Paragon template affect the Binder class?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

TheGlyphstone

You'll be able to apply the +13 bonus to any special attacks the Vestiges give you in some fashion. Pact Augmentation too if it's put towards attack or damage.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Snake on January 28, 2016, 02:23:07 PM
I believe i have my dragon finished completely. Do I just drop it here or PM it Zaer?

I made the dragon a counterattack beast with Combat Reflexes, Large and In Charge (makes AoO's have a bull rush effect out of the AoO area) combined with the variant "Fatiguing Presence" to prevent Charges (which don't provoke.) combined with a minimal 10' reach XD

Sounds good, post the sheet in here for check up and approval before copypaste it to charsheet section :).

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 28, 2016, 03:43:34 PM
How does the Paragon template affect the Binder class?

As TheGlyphstone mentioned the paragon bonus can apply to any vestiges granted special attacks (increase dmg, chance to hit or increase daily use of some of the few abilities) and Pact Augmentation would get +13 insight bonus added in (because said feature can add to attack rolls and so on).

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Snake on January 28, 2016, 02:23:07 PM

If you're going for a counterattack beast, you want to get Karmic Strike and Robilar's Gambit at the earliest opportunity.

Jefepato

Are you still looking for players?  If so, I've kinda got my eye on the war troll and/or skullcrusher ogre (both in Monster Manual 3).  If we're using CR instead of LA for base creatures, the war troll (CR 12, 12 HD as well) should be just barely acceptable, yes?

I'm kinda thinking draconic war troll, with his other two "paths" focused on warblade and warmage, but I'll need to look over my books again.  It's been too long since I played 3.5 seriously, so I'm probably forgetting a lot of crazy stuff I could do with this kind of setup.

EDIT: Actually, abyssal drakes look awfully fun as well.  Definitely need to give this more thought.

Lockepick

Hello! I'm once again considering giving this a shot! I had a few questions that Zaer wasn't sure on, so thought I'd post them here and see if anybody else remembered the ruling:

1) I thought I remembered this being distinctly different than the DMG, so: What is the cost calculation for combining items? ie: I have a pair of boots that costs 20,000gp, and one that costs 10,000gp, and another that costs 5,000gp. How much does the final item, combining all three boots, cost?

2) Do Item Creation feats effect starting gear value at all?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Jefepato: Yes, I am still open for new players, Wartroll with 12 HD and CR 12 is allowed and got room for +1 LA template.

lockepick: Welcome back, also yeah guys; help me remember how I ruled custom magic creation and what exact ruling I made in regards using item creation feats making the stuff (I remember I made some curious ruling about it but there is tons of OOC to dig through to find exact post).

Jefepato

Okay, sounds good. When I get home this afternoon, I'll hit the books and try to finalize a concept.

(It's really tempting to make some kind of absurd class/race combination. After all, with paragon bonuses even a troll can be a pretty good beguiler, or something.)

Muse

Erised the Cloud Walker

Just posting Erised again now that  have her picture hosted. 

Good morning one and all. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Looks good Muse, just need Marshal stuff added in (and note PHB II holds ACF for Marshal). Just note to you and everyone; No flaws are allowed. In short no bonus feats via flaws (flaws can be flavor stuff but no mechanical benefit).

Muse

Oh, okay.  I'll have to squeeze myself then.  *Grumbles and goes back to the drawing board.* 

Also need to figure out this Marshal class. 

Jefepato

BTW, are we only allowed to have spellcasting in one path? So, for example, the martial path can't be a Duskblade? (What if we end up as a monster that naturally casts spells?)

Zaer Darkwail

You can have spellcasting (or 'powers') in one path only. Binders, Shadowcasters, Truenamers, Incarnate, Warlocks, Sorcerers/Wizards, psychic classes (psychic warrior, psion, lurk) are all mystical aspects of your monster and thus magical power. So Duskblade falls to mystic side because spellcasting involved. Even rangers or paladins with spellcasting fall to mystic side (there is variants in both which has none spellcasting in them and thus turn to martial).

However if you got monster with spellcasting in it (like raksasha) then it does not count neither mystic nor martial path choices. You can be raksasha who has psionic powers in mystic side (or dabble in truename magic and then enter PrC which progress both truename and arcane magic and thus he gets improved arcane powers as well as raksasha HD/spellcasting allows qualify for PrC's and progress his spellcasting powers). So Raksasha Warlock/Eldricth Theurge in mystic path is entirely viable.

Jefepato

What about martial adepts? Do they count as mystic?

Jefepato

Cool.  And just to make this as confusing as possible, what about the factotum class from Dungeonscape?  Does that count as mystic?

Also, is it possible to take a prestige class on one path that normally only fits with the other path?  For example, could a character with the mystic path of druid 13 have levels of Master of Many Forms in their martial path?  (Or is MoMF too mystic for that anyway?)

Zaer Darkwail

Factotum is mystic path. Also you must take prestige classes in a path which helps qualify for said PrC. Example if want take mystic theurge, you must have both wizard and cleric levels same path and you take PrC at said path (not in other path). So in short PrC's must be in same path as class which Prc enchances. However as I remember there is ranger variant who gets wild shaping feature as part of class progression (and could be ranger without spellcasting abilities either from complete warrior or complete champion variant). So could enter Master of Many Forms as martial class if martial class gives shapeshifting abilities (same with warshaper PrC example and warshaper can work with monstrous humanoids with natural shapeshifting and could be taken to monster path and not interfere with taking PrC's in class based paths).

PhantomPistoleer

On a related question:

If the monster side of the gestalt can cast spells like a druid, bard, wizard, etc., can the monster side of the gestalt take a druid, bard, or wizard prestige class?  For example, the nymph can cast spells like a 7th level druid.  Can the monster side then take up the druid prestige class?

Second, can the fact that the nymph cast spells like a 7th level druid permit the mystical side to take druid prestige classes with a requirement of "must be able to cast third level druid spells" much sooner?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O