The Sith Princess (action / romance story focused star wars RP)

Started by elfguy, July 27, 2010, 11:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

I'm sure we could organise for a few of those favourites and many from the "yes" section from your rabbit hole to come up if such a thing were to convince to bring that hot twi'lek babe into the game. XD During downtime at least, we also have a galaxy to save. :P

Sabriel

Heh thanks but to be honest that would sort of put me off the idea more  :-\

If I did play that character she would never "want" anything like that I honestly could not see much sexual stuff going on with her unless she stopped being a Jedi all of a sudden and had a rapid change in personality that's a totally different Twi'lek character there, besides Elfguy said he only wants 4-6 players and from what I count he has that already now.

I am flattered that you would want me to be included still however :) 

Primarch

Then there'll be no funny business of that sort XD

Ah come on, I'm only going to ask this last time. :P *pokes N prods*

Chazy

Elfguy....Padawans only build their own lightsabers as a final test before becoming a Jedi Knight. Part of the final Trials of their apprenticeship. Talis is ready but has yet to take the final trials...the council needs to see if he can let go of his clingy status upon his master. They need to know if he can let go of the past and move on. Only then, will he be ready for the final trials.

And, can someone send me the link to the IC thread??? I don't know where this game is housed in other than the request for players thread.
Life is short. Live everyday as if it will be your last. For it may very well be.

elfguy

It's not started yet, there's still time for more to join. I'll post it soon.
----

BlueEyedBard

Name: Sal Zundo

Race: Half Human

Class: Smuggler

Appearance:

Equipment: Two illegally customized T-S Thunderer blaster pistols, upgraded vibro-sword, a couple of emergency thermal detonators, "The Duke" Sal Zundo's personal smuggler starship (boasted as one of the fastest personal satrships in the galaxy)

Bio: Sal'Lando Zundo started out life like most smugglers. His family was destroyed when he was very young due to political upheaval on the planet where he was borne, which he no longer remembers due to being sold into slavery. The planet he remembers doing most of his growing up on was Kashyyyk. This is where he learned his mechanical skills. He started out rebuilding maintenance droids then he was working on star fighters.
When he turned 16 his master bet him in a game of Pazaak. His master had won but the man he was playing against gunned him down later and took his ship along with Sal. It was this man that taught him the smuggling trade. They moved to the sand planet Tattooine, he started slow, picking pockets then holding people up and when he turned nineteen he smuggled his first load of spice right under the Republic's nose. That was the sign that is was time to move on.
Once he was twenty he killed his teacher by causing a group of maintenance droids to malfunction and repair him. He was found a week later in his bedroom saudered to death and three defunct droids around him. Sal was long gone by then, having taken one of his star cruisers.
At twenty three he began to get a real name for himself as a smuggler making runs even beyond the outer rim. It was on one of these runs that he was challenged to a duel by a Mandalorian named Caspiro, one of the most notorious pirates in space at the time, to the victor go the spoils, meaning the winner gets all of the losers possessions. The winner was Sal, and along with the various cargo he was able to sell for a few thousand credits he got The Duke.
Since then Sal Zundo has spent the last four years making runs around the galaxy, changing crews every few months due to his lust for dangerous missions.

Player limits: No toilet play
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

BlueEyedBard

"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

elfguy

----

Tydorei

JerichoMyers

I was wondering if I could be Valah's personal body guard?

elfguy

Quote from: JerichoMyers on July 31, 2010, 01:36:12 AM
I was wondering if I could be Valah's personal body guard?

I will be playing the Empire people and NPCs that are linked to the story. Characters are restricted to the Republic at the start.
----

JerichoMyers

Am I allowed to post in the role play or are we still waiting?

elfguy

----

JerichoMyers

Alright, he's not force sensitive he's only good with lightsabers because of his mechanical upgrades, kinda like grevious.

JerichoMyers

Yea, he has an NPC crew that are just shipped based characters. They are there just to give a better feel and more diversity in the Carthidge universe.

elfguy

Please stay within limits however. I have nothing against you having a crew on your ship but they are not part of the group and as such will not be accompanying you on off ship missions. Also power wise, your technological parts may give you an increased strength but the lack of force power puts you at a serious disadvantage. Everyone in the group is of a power level similar to a padawan to a Jedi knight level. None of you would win in a single fight against a Jedi Master.
----

Primarch

Yeah, if you don't mind me saying elfguy, but Jericho, while your character is awesome (sweet pic btw), things like:

"unorthodox capabilities were more fearsome than most Jedi Knights"
&
"but he was wiser and more aware of this galaxies future then any master could hope"

is looking very over the top. I get you're trying to make a badass cyborg, but if the guy is too....much like what you're portraying him to be now, he doesn't seem like the sort of person the Jedi would hire for a job.

JerichoMyers

I'm putting general statistics into the matter. Given his size, weight, and strength, he could easily resist force push and pull, and other force abilities. Though he isn't skilled with light sabers, the strength and adept reflexes gives him an adjusted advantage in light saber battles. For instance, say a Jedi is using a lightsaber with both hands, he could wield that light saber with equal strength, probably more in one hand. So you could blast a pistol at him and he won't deflect it like most Jedi, maybe a single pistol but not a rifle. Don't forget he also wields guns of an assortment, and uses explosives, which gives him an edge over Jedi's who use force powers and light sabers. For this reason, this is why he's able to combat at these levels, because of such variety of weaponry and the technological parts. But given a one on one fight, a knight would more than likely let loose and whoop his ass. He's wise in the sense that he's seen so much over the years that he's gained more knowledge. Not saying he's all mystical, he's more get the job done and leave, but when you live for over a century, you're gonna be pretty knowledgeable but not Yoda like. If you can tell from the attitude he's portraying, he probably knows just as much as the Jedi archives know about the Sith, and he's so battle weary that he knows to be wise in these situations. He himself wouldn't be sending all these merc's out and Jedi, he would only send the necessary amount to get the job done.

As for the characters, they are for the ship only. I saw the ship and I knew I wanted it, but I knew I would need a crew. So, maybe an interesting crew to add to the fun and excitement. Though they won't be traveling with him, they will be the main source of why he's so capable.

Chazy

Jericho, A jedi can lift an entire capital ship if they will their power enough to. And if they are strong enough in the force to do so. So, just cause you are huge, don't mean you can't get force pushed. Unless you have clawed feet like Greviouse had. Then you can anker yourself down. Also note that Obe-one met Greviouse blow for blow in a lightsaber duel. Greviouse had 4 lightsabers to Obe-one's 1 lightsaber. And that Obe-one was able to force push Greviouse to hell and back if he wanted. And don't get to cocky about all that technological advances you have over Jedi. A Sith Lord has the power to drain energy from technology. Even from your cyborg self as you are mostly robot and less humanoid. So, with Energy Drain, the sith lord can render you useless or if you need both halfs to survive, render you dead. Just by draining all your power. And let us all not forget that Jedi are capable of absorbing and/or diflecting energy without the use of a lightsaber. Luke Skywaler, in the books "Shadows of the Empire", was able to absorb the Laser cannon fire from the main guns of an At-At walker. And they caught him by suprise even. Luke Skywalker then, after remembering what Yoda had said to him "Size matters not", turned around and with the force, crushed the At-At like a beer can. Star Killer had the power and strength of the Force to actually bring down an entire Star Destroyer to its destruction. So, I am sorry bro but you are far more vulnerable to force powers than you relise. Even a well placed force lightning that the Sith are well known for will render you useless. Especially if they actually fry your circuts like it did with Vader's personal life support system attached to his armor.
Life is short. Live everyday as if it will be your last. For it may very well be.

JerichoMyers

Shade

He really only made one reference to the Force Unleashed. And I have to agree with Chazy. Especially on the Force Lighting wreaking havoc on the circuits of robotic implants.

Primarch

There's really no need to delete the character, just tone what's he's supposed to be able to do, so it makes sense to the Star Wars Universe.

As Chazy has already said, he's not going to have any resistance to force push and force pull, and if he's hit by force lightning he's going to be far more vulnerable then a regular person, because his machine based parts are going to be fried. So his supposed victories over Sith, even Sith Masters, makes no sense, he'd be at a huge disadvantage. Not to mention, even against any Jedi who's aware of the techniques like Disable or Destroy Droid, it would be a one shot wonder to lock up his mechanical bits or make him explode.

Also, as Chazy mentioned, Obi-Wan was able to duel Grievous at no disadvantage in strength, both Sith & Jedi have access to techniques to boost their speed, stamina and fighting strength (Force Speed, Force Valor & Force Rage). So being seven foot tall and full of metal bits doesn't mean he has an advantage either. Grievous was very dangerous because he could use four, sometimes five lightsabers and rotate his limbs and his waist turning himself into a buzzsaw, combined with the fact he had been trained by Count Dooku, who was considered one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order before his departure. So comparing your character to Grievous in terms of why he's dangerous with lightsabers doesn't actually apply, because aside from both being cyborg, they have nothing in common.

As for being around for two hundred years making him more wise then the Jedi Masters, that's ridiculous, lots of Jedi Masters live far more then two hundred years. Some races naturally live longer then two hundred years, and the Light Side of the Force can keep a person healthy and young for decades longer then would be natural, extending a lifespan considerably. In your post you also mention that he knows the future of the galaxy better then any Master could hope, but these guys can actually see the future, your character can never compare to that. Now, I know in your last post to this board you said he's not all mystical and Yoda like, but IC you basically implied he was.

As for him knowing as much about the Sith as the Jedi Archive.....no. Just....dude what? Those things have thousands of years of history with the Sith built up, your character wouldn't know a single percent as much as the Jedi Archives

Now, there's no reason to delete the character, there's always room for a brash, abrasive, crude, rude killing machine. Just don't go overboard with what he should be, and try to make him something he shouldn't be. Acknowledge his weaknesses as well as his strengths.     

Chazy

I aggree...there is no need to delete him at all, bro. But limits must be set for all. Even Talis has limits. He may be extremely strong in the force, strongest the Jedi has seen in centuries but he has his limits....he is still a padawan and very young. And Carthidge would really make short work of him, even though Talis is a natural with the lightsaber, he won't stand up against a veteran of combat such as yourself. Of course, Talis will make ya work for it though *lol*.

Primarch

Hold on....now suddenly your character is the strongest in the force seen in centuries? I read his bio, it says he's strong in the force, and better then his peers (mid-teen Padawans) but that doesn't make him "extremely strong in the force, strongest the Jedi has seen in centuries." I thought I was approaching being over the top by giving my character a suit of Mandalorian armour.....

I can understand characters being better then the average of whatever they are, because they're the stars of our little story.....but come on..... 

Shade