News:

Main Menu

Idiot Sighting

Started by Demascion Lycan, February 01, 2011, 08:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demascion Lycan

IDIOT SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not.' Four is larger than two...'     

Note: We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'You gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.'  She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said we're sorry but they could not do that kind of thing.' The clerk then proceeded to give me back$1 and 75 cents in change.

Note: Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here!   I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

IDIOT SIGHTING:
My daughter went to a Taco Bell in Kansas City   and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceburg lettuce.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate w hen an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded,
'That's why we ask.'

Note: Happened in Birmingham, Alabama

IDIOT SIGHTING:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with a coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

Note: She was a probation officer in Wichita, KS.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker. She was leaving the company due to 'downsizing.' Our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun. We should do this more often.' Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

Note: This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

Note: A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!' His reply, 'I know. I already go t that side.'

Note: This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, Mississippi

STAY ALERT!  They walk among us... and the scary part is that they VOTE and REPRODUCE and our enemies know it!!!
Read my profile and here is the link to my ons and offs. as well as my Roll Play Requests A&A

I have finally created an F-List Account! Please check it out for further information on my kinks

Also, POKéMON FANS, I'm currently playing Pokémon Y. I would love some help getting certain Pokémon to build my desired team. I would like to receive eggs so I could train them myself. If you're willing to help, please shoot me a message.

Oniya

Quote from: Demascion Lycan on February 01, 2011, 08:03:56 PM
IDIOT SIGHTING:
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not.' Four is larger than two...'     

Note: We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'its open!' His reply, 'I know. I already go t that side.'

Note: This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, Mississippi

STAY ALERT!  They walk among us... and the scary part is that they VOTE and REPRODUCE and our enemies know it!!!

I think these two might be greater idiots than you let on....  ::)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Saerrael

This has got to be my favourite ;

QuoteIDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate w hen an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded,
'That's why we ask.

Thanks for a few good laughs, by the way. Much appreciated.

Demascion Lycan

Anytme.I mean if you can't laugh, there's no reason to even live.
Read my profile and here is the link to my ons and offs. as well as my Roll Play Requests A&A

I have finally created an F-List Account! Please check it out for further information on my kinks

Also, POKéMON FANS, I'm currently playing Pokémon Y. I would love some help getting certain Pokémon to build my desired team. I would like to receive eggs so I could train them myself. If you're willing to help, please shoot me a message.

Fae Brin

My god.

@.@

Reminds me of when I was taking driver's ed classes and we were talking about impaired driving, and the kid next to me mutters to me, (without my solicitation, I have to say) that he could chug 15 beers in an hour and that driving drunk wasn't a big deal-- easy even.

I wanted to scream, "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS CLASS I DO NOT WANT YOU ON THE ROAD WITH ME!!!"

ahem.

Quote from: Demascion Lycan on February 01, 2011, 08:50:37 PM
Anytme.I mean if you can't laugh, there's no reason to even live.

PS, -hugs on-
The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 
But she was familiar with the way of ideas, and she let it
shimmer, looking away, thinking about something else.
and a subtle fear [capture d] my  h  e  a  r  t.
already [wet] and we're gonna go s w i m ming

Shjade

This seems like a good thread for mentioning http://notalwaysright.com/ for anyone who hadn't already heard of it.

Good times.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Demascion Lycan

MomoPeach

Oh my god these are too funny. I especially love the first one.

Remiel

Quote from: Shjade on February 01, 2011, 09:00:05 PM
This seems like a good thread for mentioning http://notalwaysright.com/ for anyone who hadn't already heard of it.

Good times.

I think this one is my favorite...
-----

(Note: our customer support number is close to a local driving school’s number.)

Me: “Thank you for calling. How may I help you?”

Customer: “How much for my daughter?”

Me: “Um…”

Customer: “She’s 16. It’s her first time. She needs training.”

Me: “Sir, I think you want the driving school.”

Customer: “Oh, what do you guys do?”

Me: “Adult websites.”

Customer: “Oh…OH! Oh my God!”

Saerrael

Hahahahahah!!! Oh my god, epic xD

Elina

Quote from: Remiel on February 02, 2011, 07:57:12 PM
I think this one is my favorite...
-----

(Note: our customer support number is close to a local driving school’s number.)

Me: “Thank you for calling. How may I help you?”

Customer: “How much for my daughter?”

Me: “Um…”

Customer: “She’s 16. It’s her first time. She needs training.”

Me: “Sir, I think you want the driving school.”

Customer: “Oh, what do you guys do?”

Me: “Adult websites.”

Customer: “Oh…OH! Oh my God!”
That made me laugh out loud.

Shjade

I'm so proud of that employee for not taking advantage of the conversation.

"She needs training."

"Would you like to start her out in latex or leather?"

"Why does the upholstery matter?"

"Well, some people think leather takes longer to work into shape, but in reality latex is a lot harder on the skin when you're talking about that much body contact."

"Wow, you guys really take these classes seriously!"

"Oh, yes, sir, this is definitely a mature business."

"I'm glad to hear it! When can she start?"
◕/◕'s

Funguy81

i got one, and anyone who worked as tech support or communications probably heard this story in some form as well.

there was an officer in one of my units in the army. he called for one of the members in the communications section to fix the "coffee cup holder" in his computer. he wanted to know why it was not coming out like it should when he presses the eject button.

Rhys

Here's my personal favorite-

My friends and I were driving one member of our tabletop group back to campus one night when we got hit with a bad snowstorm. However, given that we live in Wisconsin, our driver was a friend who drives for a living, and the aforementioned student had time sensitive college stuff to work on, we decided to brave the elements. We were coming up on Fond Du Lac, WI from the east. There's a huge hill right there that we knew was going to be icy and dealt with carefully. What we didn't know is that firemen were sitting right at the bottom of the hill, blocking the road to Fond Du Lac due to an accident a mile up ahead, redirecting people to a side road.

We see these guys, barely, and one of them walks out in front of our vehicle to insure that we can see him while we're still coming down this hill. He sticks a single hand out and takes a 'Stop!' pose. But we can't stop because we're coming down an ice covered hill in a two ton tin can. So we beep at him, repeatedly. He doesn't move. So our driver swerves... not turns, swerves (we can feel the car weaving at this point. You'd have to be blind not to see it from the fireman's point of view) into the other lane. This moron of a fireman walks into the other lane and sticks his hand out again. Now he's only a few feet in front us, ignoring the out of control car careening towards him, our driver laying on the horn and me, in the passenger seat hoping he can see me motioning for him to get the hell out of the way.

Well, we were able to avoid genius by nearly putting ourselves into a nearby ditch. This guy comes walking over with a flashlight, glaring and motioning for us to roll down the window. Our driver is about ready to tear him a new one, grumbling under his breath as he puts the window down. Then this fireman looks him straight in the face and says 'What!? Were you gonna run me over!?' Stunned the driver speechless.

I have dozens of these. Years in customer service and the fact that my group of friends seems to attract morons like moths to a flame have lead to many humorous, if often annoying, moments.

O's and O's

My idea of good company is the company of clever, well-informed people who have a great deal of conversation ~Jane Austen

Shjade

Jeebis. Did someone chew him out for trying to stop a car going downhill on ice through sheer force of will?
◕/◕'s

Rhys

I chewed him out a bit but it was little more than 'We couldn't STOP! You almost got yourself killed!'

Beyond that, we just thought it was best to drive on. We had places to be and as I said below, we encounter A LOT of idiots. And in our experience its best to just keep going and hope they don't follow.
O's and O's

My idea of good company is the company of clever, well-informed people who have a great deal of conversation ~Jane Austen

Shjade

Well yeah, if he were only in danger of getting himself killed I'd say get out of the way and let Darwin do the rest, but that kind of behavior...he could've gotten YOU guys seriously hurt just trying so hard to avoid hitting him. That's not just an idiot to avoid, that's a public hazard. Something needs doing in those cases. :|

Not that it's your responsibility, obviously. Dude needs a boss to notice him fucking up and be like, hey, you, THE HELL are you doing?
◕/◕'s

Rhys

Yeah, would've probably said and done more had it not been for shock, the weather, etc.

Another  one that comes to mind involves someone acting both like an idiot and a total ass.

I was working in customer service, as a cashier at a grocery store. One day, I was working our express lane and a woman came through with a few items. First, she opted to write a check (Not really supposed to but the store always turned a blind eye to that). Her total came to $8.76. She asked to write the check for ten dollars over and the transaction turned into this exchange:

Me: That'll be $18.76

Customer: 1876. That was a big year in US history. But you probably don't know about that since you work at [store].

Me: *after a moment of stunned silence* ...$18.76, please.

Customer: It was the 'War of 1876'! With the British. God! *appears frustrated by my apparent ignorance*

Me: That would be the War of 1812, mam. If you want something historical to cite for 1876 you could go with the Great Sioux War and the Battle of Little Bighorn. Or the patenting of the telephone. Might want to look those up though. I could be confused since I work at [store].

She scoffed, took her money and went to bitch to management. Thankfully they were used to people like her and told her like they'd told many others that she needed to acknowledge that most of the people doing part time work at [store] were also students at the local university and don't have to tolerate having their intelligence called into question.

O's and O's

Oniya

I'll admit to making note of dollar amounts that come out to be significant dates, but only to the extent of nodding and saying 'a very good year' or the like as I hand over my payment.  If the cashier gets it (and chooses to acknowledge it), we share a grin.  If not, it's nothing to get my panties in a bunch over.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Braioch

Me: “Thank you for calling, how may I help you?”

Caller: “Yeah. Do Xbox 360s come with cup holders?”

Me: “Uh…”

Person in the background: “IT’S ON FIRE!”

The idea of being the person hearing all of that made me laugh

EDIT: Also

Me: “Hello, sir. How can I help you?”

Customer: “I came in a couple hours ago to pick up my pictures, and my wife says we’re 17 pictures short! This always happens when we come here! Is it really so hard to keep track of one f***ing order?”

(The customer continues to rant for several minutes, getting louder and more obscene. The phone rings.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [store], how may I help you?”

Caller: “I was in there an hour and a half ago and the dumb*** in front of me left 17 pictures on the counter that I accidentally took home with my pictures. What kind of moron leaves pictures on the counter?”

(I hand the phone to the irate customer.)

Me: “It’s for you.”
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

NiceTexasGuy

Quote from: Rhys on February 06, 2011, 01:37:58 PM
Here's my personal favorite-

There's a huge hill right there that we knew was going to be icy and dealt with carefully.
But we can't stop because we're coming down an ice covered hill in a two ton tin can.

Yeah, I think this just became one of my favorites, too.
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

tayyerr

All right, so this happened a few years ago, when the Snickers bars first started saying "Satisfies" on the back of them.  My mom, my sister, who was five at the time, and myself were all in line.  Mom said we could get a treat, so I got a Kit-Kat or something and my sister grabbed a Snickers bar and put it on the counter.  She pointed at it and said, "Mom, what does that say?"  Before me or my mother could answer, the clerk says:

"I think it's Spanish.  Maybe they're imported or something?"  And then stared at the Snickers.  Trying to read Spanish.  Which was English.  I busted out laughing and just went to the car, haha.

Oniya

Was she trying to reconcile the word 'Satisfies' as the brand name or something?  O_O

tayyerr

I think so... 'Satisfies' must be the Spanish name of Snickers, haha.

Remiel

I work in tech support for a very specific field, and while most of our customers are industry professionals, every once in awhile you get the one who probably should've chosen another career path.  This didn't happen to me, alas; this was my co-worker, Thad, who is usually as cool as they come.  I just happened to be listening in on the call by pure coincidence, and yes, this actually happened:

Thad: "Thank you for calling (company).  How many I help you?"

Customer: (in broken English) "I have a (product).  It no work!"

Thad:  "Hrmm. Did you try (troubleshooting procedure #1)?"

Customer: "Yes."

Thad:  "Did you try (troubleshooting procedure #2)?"

Customer: "Yes. It no work!"

(this continues for a while. Finally...)

Thad:  "Well, sounds like you have a defective panel.  Can you read me the serial number? It's on the back."

Customer: *pause*  "...oh."

Thad: "What? What's going on?"

Customer: "It NO PLUGGED IN!"

Thad: *muffled swearing*