The Arena: A Semi-systemed gladiator combat game

Started by Urbanzorro, February 06, 2010, 06:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urbanzorro

The Arena!

IC

The Ossea Empire, the greatest empire that the world has ever know. Has recently conquered all of the known world. Its eastern boarder pushed so far forward that it has met its western border. With control of all the world Oseea is at a time of great joy and plenty. To celebrate the Emperor has decreed that there will be a year of ‘The Games’ in which all manner of combatants will wage battle for the entertainment of those throughout the capital city. Defeated warriors, slaves, and prisoners have been gathered from all corners of the world to join in the competition, for some the need to join comes from  the promise of their freedom, for others fame, for others power all have their reasons, all will be treated the same, all given an equal chance. To the victor goes the spoils!

OOC

In short this my idea for a group semi-system (explained a bit later) role play that is heavy on plot/writing and light on the actual system. I’ve never really been a system player but after playing a one on one I found that if done right it can be quite fun, the possibility of your character losing/of not having 100% control over the world can add a level of depth/excitement/realism to the game. If this sounds fun to you, then by all means read further.   

The Role Play takes place in a fantasy world. Allowing for the use of magic, or for the introduction of beast men/fantasy beasts ect. Basically anything you can come up with! It will be broken up into two distinct segments (most likely with separate threads) on will be ‘The Arena’ which will house all of the gladiatorial combat, the second will be “The pits” and will house everything else.   In addition to this there will be an OOC thread for general use/announcements.

Semi-System:
In short it’s my way of retaining the freedom of creativity you get with a freeform game while adding in some unpredictability.  The system will only apply during combat, specifically combat between two players who each want their respective character to be the victor. For instance if player A & player B are to have their characters fight one another, and player A wants to win but player B wants to lose then the system does not apply. As soon as the outcome is decided it’s up to the players to decide how long they want the fight to last/how they want it to end. When it is needed I’ll administer the system itself.

Setting up fights:

The easiest way is if you want to fight someone’s character and they want to fight yours simply say so and a fight will be arranged, if not then fights will be arranged at random. With a focus on setting up pairings that the player whishes to take part in. The fights/non-fight activity should be able to run at the same time so if you’re character is not in combat he/she would be able to interact with other characters who are not fighting. Special fights will be set up from time to time (i.e. fighting against some exotic beast)

Winning a fight has two main advantages. One of which is it makes your character stronger (explained in a bit) and the second is that your character is allowed to have his/her way with the loser’s character if you choose to (in the form of a N/C sex scene). At this point I’d like to emphasize that you as a player will NOT be placed in a position you dislike. For example if you do not enjoy playing a submissive role, then you will only be paired against players who want their characters to lose. If you are a Male who does not want M/M you won’t be paired to fight against a male if you could possibly lose.  Your character grows stronger with each win, this is shown by the ability to add one point to your character's stat list every time you win a battle. (I'll keep active records of your stats so you need only notifiy me where the stat would be added)

The Rules:
1.   Play nice OOC(plain and simple don’t be mean/start OOC fights)
2.   No God Modding (unless told otherwise assume that the person you are playing with wants total control over their own character)
3.   Accept the outcome of a fight scene. i.e. if you lose then you lose you can win next time.
4.   Don’t kill another player’s character unless given permission (or yours will surely die)
5.   Have fun

Character Sheet Template
Name:
Looks: (in the form of an image, animated or photo doesn’t matter which)
Short Bio: (at least a paragraph but can be as long as you wish)
Stats:  You are given a total of 15 points to allocate as you see fit. With a maximum of 5 in any one stat. The stat’s are as follows. Strength(how strong you are), agility(how fast), intelligence(how smart),  magical skill(ability to use magic), luck(chance to win by blind luck).
Player preferances: (meaning what do you as the player wish to take part in and not wish to take part in)

Formula Explained

Strength and magic skill are your base numbers, agility modifies strength and intelligence modifies magic, luck stands alone: So an over simplified formula for your chances is.

(Strength+agility+your role)=Score #1
(magic skill+intelegence+same role)=Score #2
(Luck+new role)= Score # 3

Scores 1, 2, and 3 are used to determine the winner.

*note score’s one and two are considered of equal importance.

The actual formula is a bit more tricky and accounts for how the arena is set up/other elements if it’s wanted I’ll provide it via pm to anyone who requests it.  As stated above I will perform the actual roles behind the scenes, and pm the results, as well as post them up on the OOC thread. The results will state the winner, and which category of stat’s gave them the victory. The actual events of the fight are free form with the roll only deciding the winner/loser.

Hopefully this idea generates some interest. Ideally I’d want anywhere between 5 and 10 people(including myself if you’re interested please say so on here/also post up a character sheet.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AthenaNude

Would it be safe to presume this will be in the Extreme section?  :-)

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AthenaNude

Hmmm... as long as it's not too systemy I could do a human futa gladiatrix

Urbanzorro

It's not very systemed, I only see the system coming in when/if there is a disagreement between two players on which character should win.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AthenaNude

Okay then, you can count me in.  Now I just have to find an image.

Urbanzorro

Cool, I suppose I should post up my character aswell then...

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

AthenaNude

Totally off-topic but I thought you might get a big laugh out of this (given your avatar)!  XD

Cookie Monster Metal

TheLegionary

Urbanzorro

Never really got enough interest. :( would still be willing to host it if it did though.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

sinera

Might I suggest having a few NPC characters for us to pit ourselves against now and then? Or perhaps we could each run more than one character (especially if the characters can die).

O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Urbanzorro

Thanks for the suggestion. I'd be more than willing to run NPC's. I'd also like to point out that your character would not die, as much as be defeated and at the mercy of the other player's character. That having been said I have no problem with someone playing more than one character.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.