Mortal Kombat!!! Finish me! ...Sexuality! [New Players Always Welcome!]

Started by Inerrant Lust, September 29, 2012, 08:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

It has been a hundred years since the Great Kung Lao was killed by Goro in the Mortal Kombat Tournament. The Thunder Lord Raiden has searched all of Earthrealm looking for the most powerful mortal warriors of Earth; the braves of the Native Americas, the Samurai of Japan, the Chinese masters of Wu Shu, The assassins order within the Ottoman Empire, the knights of Europe, the Kshatriya resisting the Mughals. Anyone and everyone who can represent their world against the might of Shao Kahn's warriors.

Test your RPing!

Given that this takes place in the 1500s, most canon human characters won't show up. Sonya Blade, Jax, Johnny Cage... not born yet. Given that I want to remain true to the source material, however, the immortal canon characters like Raiden, Kitana, Shao Kahn, ect. They will all still be around. By default I'll 'GM' and play Shao Kahn/Raiden and most other canon characters. If someone wants to play Sub-Zero or Kitana or what-not, then that's fine with me.

I'm also fine with players having more than one character. In fact, that might be for the best. As characters get killed left and right in their attempt to get to the top, players can still have fun.

Characters need not even be participating in the tournament. They could be there for their own reasons (Shao Kahn kidnapped my X! I have to take revenge on Y!) and I would ideally prefer that sort of thing as much as possible to avoid bogging the RP down with just fighting, which I'll explain below.

Also, if we want to abide strictly with continuity, this will be one Mortal Kombat Tournament that humanity loses. :P In fact, they'll lose the next seven or so of them until Liu Kang shows up in the 2000s time-frame.

The fights will be determined largely through OOC. If you don't want to have a certain character die... I can throw a disposable NPC at them for a round. If two players want their characters to duke it out, just ask and that will be arranged. I leave it up to the players to talk to one another and determine who would lose or win... although one needs not always kill a defeated opponent.

But, if you want some drama and an element of suprise... You can leave it up to me to adjucate that sort of thing. I'll randomly match-make two fighters together if both players agree. If both players agree to me determining who wins and who loses, I'll flip a coin and PM the victor.

For the most part, I don't want the 'action' of the actual fights to dominate the RP. A post or two depicting the actual duel is fine- but I'd expect the bulk of the RP to be about things happening inbetween the fights. Namely, things like Outworld trying to dick over the human contestants as much as possible, gratuitous sex, attempts to do crazy shit with the souls of defeated warriors, ect.

In essence, I want to see as many plotlines outside of the tournament as possible!

RP Limitations!

So I want to be as inclusive in this RP as possible. But this is Mortal Kombat. If you're fine with the segregation of sex and violence (one at a time), then I will respect that. However, given that this is a group game, blood and gore, maybe even guro in a sexual sense, might be occuring in the same thread. Anything non-con (to include the death and disfigurement of characters) should be agreed upon by the players.

So, here's an idea for a sheet!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Ayumi
Sex: 26
Nationality: Japanese
Profession: Onna bugeisha
Fighting Style/Weaponry: Samurai-style. Katana, Naginata, Bow & Arrow
Bio: The widow of a powerful Samurai Daimyo, trained from youth to become a master warrior defending her husband's lands from neighboring warlords. Ect. ect.
OOC Notes: Likely still duty-bound to her husband and will not have consentual sex with anyone. PM me before hand if you're thinking of mixing violence/maiming with sex.
Permissions: Will accept match-making. Will accept coin-toss victories. Will accept disfigurement. Will accept death. See O/Os for details on sexual activities.

So a poor example, sure, but it's there.

Update!

This RP has officially started.

But please, don't let that stop you- I'm always looking for new players and new characters.  ;)

BruceTheCat

I am extremy interested! I'll throw together something later this evening.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Inerrant Lust

So, after doing a little research... (my memory of previous Mortal Kombat games is a little fuzzy...) characters like SubZero and Scorpion are apparently native to Earth... Human even... albiet with some otherworldly blood in them. I only looked into it because I always wondered how Sonya could shoot energy out of her fists. I mean, I guess I get Liu Kang with some super chi powers or whatnot... but a special forces agent?

Well, Sonya's superpowers aren't really explained (much to my annoyance) but that hardly matters.

So, for the purposes of any Earthrealm characters you might be inclined to play; go off the principle that all the myths are true.

Also... Raiden's probably going to weave some magic voodoo that allows all the Earth Realmers to speak the same language. :P

If you look too closely into the details (As I am wont to do...), it might ruin the fun. Hey, I work with what I got.  ;)

In that same vein... just as a special forces commando sees fit to wear a cleavagey vest as protective clothing... you by no means have to be completely authentic to the customs and conservatism of the 16th century. Same with things like shooting energy balls out of your hands or... let's be blunt- producing as ridiculous an amount of other bodily fluids in addition to the ridiculous amount of blood produced by your average Mortal Kombatant.  ;)

In a few words, I'll be making an effort to departi from my usual anal retentiveness and to just let ridiculous things remain ridiculous.  ;)

MzHyde

You're just now figuring out that Mortal Kombat doesn't make much sense?

Vaulera

As an avid and somewhat competent player/ member of the FGC, I would love to take part in this.

TheRaven

"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

ShadowFox89

Name: Yamagi Fuuryuu
Sex: Female
Nationality: Japanese
Profession: Kunoichi
Fighting Style/Weaponry: Taijutsu, Ninjutsu, dual kodachi swords, chi enhanced garrote wires, and able to turn bodily fluids into poisons/drugs.
Physical Description: Rather on the short side, with slightly small breasts, pale skin, and shoulder length black hair, Yamagi is deceptively frail. Her red eyes show the mark of her father, Amatsu-Mikaboshi, which shine like blood red stars in the darkness. She normally wears a black and gray kimono, white socks, sandals, a black tight bodysuit under the kimono, and nothing else. Hidden in the kimono sleeves are her kodachi, while around her wrists the garrote wires are hidden.
History: Yamagi is the daughter of a shrine maiden who was raped by Amatsu-Mikaboshi, and was left in the care of the Fuma ninja clan. Raised to be a kunoichi, Yamagi easily took to the teachings of the ninja. When she was ready, Yamagi was sent to the Shogun's palace to serve as a lady of the court, assigned to serve under him. She seduced political opponents and killed them in the heat of passion, always before losing her virginity. She eventually fell for a man, a ronin who was disgraced out of battle by refusing the orders of his lord. Before Yamagi could approach him, Shao Khan kidnapped and brainwashed him, to use him as a warrior for his tournament.
OOC Notes: Yamagi isn't really on anyone's side, and she's a tad bit insane.
Permissions: Coin flip or dice rolls deciding the outcome of a match is fine. Rape or similar is preferable to outright death.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Interested

Name: Gaun-Dao
AKA: Garret Wu
Sex: 30 years old
Nationality: Chinese
Profession: God Of War
Fighting Style/Weaponry: Shao Lin/MMA/ Guan-Dao, Jian Sword, Curved Sword
Bio: A mighty demi-god originally, son of Guan Di, of the Celestial Hierarchy of China. Many gods, including Guan Yu have mysteriously been lost protecting Earth-Realm from outer threats. It is unknown if Guan Di is dead or merely gone, somehow. Garret has become a full-fledged God of war, and now seeks to enter the Mortal Kombat Tournament.
OOC Notes: Celibate.

ShadowFox89

C'mon, let's get more people! I'm working on a male character too.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Interested

QuoteSo, after doing a little research... (my memory of previous Mortal Kombat games is a little fuzzy...) characters like SubZero and Scorpion are apparently native to Earth... Human even... albiet with some otherworldly blood in them

Sub-Zero is a cryomancer. (Can control ice with his mind) While he's fully Human, Scorpion is a vengeful spirit.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Primarch

If the male/female ratio balances out, I'd appreciate it of someone would PM me to let me know. Wouldn't want to take part when there's already so many lads and so few dames.

EbonyQueen

Hmm, I'm tentatively interested, would give me a chance to play the Shokkan character I had envisioned for another similar game... Probably not as one of the combatants, but an observer or 'behind the scenes manipulator'. Though my posting schedule -can- be erratic at times due to a hectic RL situation that is ongoing continually.

Vaulera

Depending on the ratio of man to woman, I would be totally up for playing a Quan-Chi or Shang-Tsung style character, skull throwing and all. But it would be female.

Foxy DeVille

I have a rather extreme character concept but I'm guessing if a she-male cannibal is ever going to find a place to call home, this game seems a good place to try...

Name: Sucuri
Sex: She-Male
Nationality: Tupi
Profession: Amazon Warrior
Fighting Style/Weaponry: Capoeira, Spear, Dual Machetes, Blowgun with Curare-Tipped Darts
Bio: Hailing from the Amazon Jungle, Sucuri belongs to the indigenous Tupi people. Her name means "anaconda" in her native tongue. Unlike other women in her tribe, Sucuri became a warrior thanks to her imposing physique. As is tradition amongst the Tupi, Sucuri devoured the flesh of her defeated enemies to gain their power. As an unforeseen consequence of eating many men, Sucuri found herself gaining the genitals of one. For years Sucuri and her tribe waged a guerrilla war on the encroaching Portuguese. She has entered the Mortal Kombat Tournament with the hope of adding the power of many great warriors to her own so she can defeat the invaders of her home.
OOC Notes: Don't worry about becoming Sucuri's next meal if you don't want to. Her cannibalism is an apocryphal story about the Tupi I'm using for background. 
Permissions: No problem with matchmaking, coin tosses, disfigurement, or any non-con sexual activity because I'm a freak like that. I'm rather fond of this concept so I don't want her to get killed too early but I'm fine with an eventual demise for her.

Inerrant Lust

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 02, 2012, 12:17:16 AM
And Johnny Cage was just an actor :P

Eat my green goo!

...Wuh?

So far, canon characters I definitely want to include are... Raiden, Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Goro, Reptile, Jade, Kitana. ...And maybe Kintaro, Motaro, Quan Chi (Ehhhh), Rain, Sheeva and Tanya.

The rest will probably be original characters that I have fun with or characters that you as the players portray. As you can tell, Earth's distinct lack of immortals has left a lot of slots open. :P

I might play a few earthrealm characters myself. In any event, I think we have enough interest to start, yes? We have plenty of potential players... but few characters yet. :P

MzHyde

I don't think Shao Kahn and Kitatana and people from Outworld are immortal. I'm not sure they'd actually appear in your story. You might just want to set it as close to the official tournaments as you can, or do an alternate universe kind of thing where the original fighters never show up and instead the player characters here do.

Interested

Yes, Shao Kahn and Kitana are immortal. Or at least, Shao Kahn is. He's 10,000 or more years old.

ShadowFox89

I put my vote towards an alternate universe, that means we don't need to lose this mortal kombat tournament, though it could happen.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on October 02, 2012, 11:30:38 PM
Eat my green goo!

...Wuh?

So far, canon characters I definitely want to include are... Raiden, Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Goro, Reptile, Jade, Kitana. ...And maybe Kintaro, Motaro, Quan Chi (Ehhhh), Rain, Sheeva and Tanya.

The rest will probably be original characters that I have fun with or characters that you as the players portray. As you can tell, Earth's distinct lack of immortals has left a lot of slots open. :P

I might play a few earthrealm characters myself. In any event, I think we have enough interest to start, yes? We have plenty of potential players... but few characters yet. :P

I'll just put my hat in to play Sheeva, makes things far more simpler on my end!

PrestaDGTation

--Sindel vs Shao Khan--

Finish her!!  *dum dum dummmm...*

Friendshi..
  Hardcore fucki..
  Unintended pregnanc..
  Custody Lawsui..
  Child Suppor...

Sindel Wins!

I'm interested!  This sounds like a lark!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Inerrant Lust

Hmmm. While I am partial to having all the characters be from various parts of the renaissance-era world.... how about this? Alternate timeline starting from the point that this RP begins. IE: Anyone can die, and the timeline that led to the events of the video games can be permanently altered. Sort of like the most recent game, actually...

But in any event... if I started an OOC/Character sheet thread- would I get more than the 3 or so character ideas we have so far? :P

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on October 04, 2012, 09:28:23 PM
But in any event... if I started an OOC/Character sheet thread- would I get more than the 3 or so character ideas we have so far? :P

Well... there's only one way to know for sure...