How do I put links and pics in my signiture, and have it come out looking like I

Started by Maxwell Malamute, June 24, 2011, 05:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxwell Malamute

OK, I know I will sound like an dumb-bell here, who was born during the era of the Flintstones, but I can't figure out how to put links in my siggy. I looked in the help section, but didn't see a how to guide.

I am confused.

Say I wanted a link to my on and offs thread. I didn't see a way to type 'my on and offs' thread, and then a way to make this a link, like say, on V-bullitn style boards, where you type in some text, and then highlight it, and then make that portion of text a link to a specified URL. How does one do that here?

And how do some have pics that are also links? Not too good at computer stuff, really, I fight with them a lot.

Also, somebody mentioned I should try the IRC...what is IRC...I have heard of this, but is it not rather a kind of ancient relic?

OK, thanks for bearing with me, am trying to find some RP partners, but no luck so far, so I thought beefing up my siggy might help.
Playful rubber puppy, here! Into many other other things, just ask!

On and Offs, what I like to do/My Stories/The Origin of Love: My history, briefly/Meeting the Great God Pan

Lilias

[url=YOURLINKHERE]yourtexthere[/url]

Without the code tags, the above would look like this:

yourtexthere

Simples ;)

Also, we have a collection of tutorials on different E functions here, for handy reference.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Beguile's Mistress

We have some great tutorials that our members have spent a lot of time preparing.  Here is the one for Customizing Your Signature.

Maxwell Malamute

Thanks to both of you for the help! I might have found that myself in a week or two, had I not asked! Will give this a going over.
Playful rubber puppy, here! Into many other other things, just ask!

On and Offs, what I like to do/My Stories/The Origin of Love: My history, briefly/Meeting the Great God Pan