Anyone up for taking on this idea?

Started by Lovelynice, February 28, 2008, 11:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lovelynice

Hi to everyone and whoever reads this post...

I had started up a thread with another writer after some intense discussion of the ideas involved, but the other writer decided to opt out as we've realised we weren't quite so compatible. The game/story/roleplay idea is a very good one but I don't mind modifying it further.

The post for it is here;
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13087.0

I'd like to try it again, maybe after a rewrite and some changes. Originally, I was more interested in changing the setting to the late Victorian Age in England (circa 1890 or thereabouts) with a steampunk feel for the secret society's gadgets, even though the group used electricity as well. The other writer wanted to set it in a more modern period, so the idea was set in the 1950s, because that time was also very conservative and it would be fairly easy to do (as the other writer was less familiar with Victoriana). It could probably be done quite well in a Medieval Period in Europe as well (they had such long dresses then, and were also very conservative).

What I really want is a writing partner (or partners) who can write very well, with detail and descriptive posts, without wacky spelling, and can get into the setting and the vocabulary of it...or at least make a very good effort at this.

Ideally, there would be more to the story than just the molesting & use of my character as their sexual plaything. There could be a plot. Perhaps some intrigue is going on (as secret societies out to rule the world probably have lots of internal intrigue). I don't want to play "Wham, bam, thank you mam" or see a focus that is narrowly set only on pain & humiliation. I'd like to have a good chance for character development before my character's "initiation". Just a few posts would do fine for me for that, but the other writer(s) have to be willing to take their time about it.

I mean what if there was more going on?

This could be done as a 1-on-1 with the other writer playing a GM sort of role, and my character as victim.

It could also be done with possibly 2 to 4 writers, each with a main character (which only they will play and write for), and a willingness to write for any NPCs or minor characters around.
Bisexual
Submissive (very rare switch)

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

Gerald

Noticed your post, sounds interesting.  I am not as familiar with the late 1800's as I should be, but could do some homework if that is the period you would prefer.  I'll check the link to the original post and get back to you as soon as I have, shouldn't take long, but wanted to put a bid in for your co - writer.  I also feel that there is a need for character development and plot, as I do creative writing quite often (daily in fact) for publication and posting on various sites.  I must warn you though, I am new to the RP forum venue, so I may have some silly questions OoC.

Will reply again in a few minutes.

Gerald
We dwell in the abyss between light and darkness. Look to the darkness first for it will bring you satisfactions untold that the brightness of day will not.  Look to the light if you are fearfull, it will comfort you in the abyss of uncertainty and fear.

ons & offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=12934.0

Lovelynice

Quote from: Gerald on February 28, 2008, 11:29:55 AM
Noticed your post, sounds interesting.  I am not as familiar with the late 1800's as I should be, but could do some homework if that is the period you would prefer.  I'll check the link to the original post and get back to you as soon as I have, shouldn't take long, but wanted to put a bid in for your co - writer.  I also feel that there is a need for character development and plot, as I do creative writing quite often (daily in fact) for publication and posting on various sites.  I must warn you though, I am new to the RP forum venue, so I may have some silly questions OoC.

Will reply again in a few minutes.

Gerald

Well...it doesn't have to be late 1800s. I just liked the idea of steampunk, Victoriana, wonderful look of things, etc... plus the time period & place was very conversative which really appealed to me as it would give a bigger kick for my "forced exhibitionism" fetish... and they had corsets already.

It would've required more study on my part too. I know a lot, but not enough, but it certainly would be educational to try.

By the way, I wouldn't expect others to write such long posts as I often do...
Bisexual

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

Stevej101

Gereld beat me to this (because I was reading the link first :P )  But if he ends up not interested or you plan on making this a little larger I would have interest.

Though not strong on the 1800's with a little guidance in PM and a little research on the time period I would like this story line I think.
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

Gerald

Well, it seems that there are now at least three, perhaps that is how it was meant to be, we can't know until it begins.

Steve - I can see why you were tardy, this lady knows how to develope a story line beautifully.

Lovelynice - Kudos on the prepatory work, you seem to have a handle on what it is you are seeking, and have done a fantastic job of creating the character environment.  I love the detail you include in your writing, even more than my norm, which is extensive.  Your command of the written word is excellent, I can only hope to keep up if I am the lucky co - writer.  I do have one question though, what is the character that you seek someone to play?  From which generation of the group, or is he to be one who uses her for what she has been designed or someone to rescue her from the throws of her plight?
We dwell in the abyss between light and darkness. Look to the darkness first for it will bring you satisfactions untold that the brightness of day will not.  Look to the light if you are fearfull, it will comfort you in the abyss of uncertainty and fear.

Lovelynice

Quote from: Gerald on February 28, 2008, 12:12:35 PM
Well, it seems that there are now at least three, perhaps that is how it was meant to be, we can't know until it begins.

Steve - I can see why you were tardy, this lady knows how to develope a story line beautifully.

Lovelynice - Kudos on the prepatory work, you seem to have a handle on what it is you are seeking, and have done a fantastic job of creating the character environment.  I love the detail you include in your writing, even more than my norm, which is extensive.  Your command of the written word is excellent, I can only hope to keep up if I am the lucky co - writer.  I do have one question though, what is the character that you seek someone to play?  From which generation of the group, or is he to be one who uses her for what she has been designed or someone to rescue her from the throws of her plight?

Thank you for the compliments about my writing, be careful you'll make me embarrassed...

Previously, the idea was that my co-writer would play the rest of the characters, all the bits, etc... I thought it would work better if there a few main characters, the writers write for the other minor characters just as I did for the maid, etc....  Sort of half-way between a roleplay and a fully co-operative story.
Bisexual

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

Lovelynice

It would be quite possible to have two or three main characters for each writer, I suppose.

I'm not very good at writing for male roles though. It's a difficulty that comes up in my own stories that I've tried to write; they tend to come out like two-dimensional cardboard stereotypes.

So... as a possibility;

I'd write for main character "Angelique", and a bunch of minor characters who molest her, etc... I could also write for Lady Plantagenet or one of the sisters, or maybe a female journalist who is investigating the rumours of a conspiracy, etc...

The co-writers could take on writing for other main characters (such as the Father, etc...) and other minor characters as they feel like.

To give an example;
Angelique gets taken to the markets in town. While there, the co-writer(s) might take on writing for the shopkeepers, stall holders, passers-by, etc.... or some more important main character role such as the Via Astrum mind-controllers who are manipulating the situation and testing her.

Another example;
A female journalist comes into town to investigate the rumours of weirdness at Nunquam Manor. The co-writer(s) might write for their own main characters interactions with this nosy journalist....perhaps play some pranks on her, or choose to use her for a bit of fun.

Bisexual

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

Lovelynice

Quote from: Stevej101 on February 28, 2008, 12:01:40 PM
Gereld beat me to this (because I was reading the link first :P )  But if he ends up not interested or you plan on making this a little larger I would have interest.

Though not strong on the 1800's with a little guidance in PM and a little research on the time period I would like this story line I think.

Let's see how it goes. I posted this idea in "Solos Wanted" but it doesn't strictly have to be a 1-on-1.

I really want to have some kind of plot going on, so there's more than just sex, sex, sex... but also some kind of intrigue, mystery, adventure possibilities and the setting comes alive. Sometimes the best generator of a decent plot is to have some characters who are plotting. ;)

My main character "Angelique" is really a rather passive victim, it's her thoughts and feelings that would make her interesting. She could be most of the time only an observer to hints of more going on behind the scenes, but if there was a villian and a rescuer....?

Just an idea;
What if one of you played one of the sons as a main character, and the other the father, and the plot could start as something like the Son falling in love/lust (he's pretty confused really) with "Angelique" and wanting to elope with her (even though he knows that they can never have children together). The Father would think his son has gone mad, since "Angelique" is just a Mellisian....she's for fucking not for marrying. The Son couldn't just take her away so easily either, because the Via Astrum secret society are probably very powerful with global influence. Maybe he wants to push for "Mellisian Rights" or wants to change the Via Astrum's laws about marriage?

At the same time, there could be another Via Astrum family to plot against, who also want to take this delectable Mellisian plaything for themselves, and knock the Plantagenet Family off it's pedestal on the council. Sort of like "Dune" with House Atreides and House Harkonnen plotting against each other.

As to the 1800s, it doesn't have to be that. It was just that I liked the idea of the Victorian Age, steam power, height of the British Empire, and all that...another time period and place that is very conservative, in the past sometime, and where the Via Astrum's weird technology/magic would make an interesting detail in the background would be fine. I still prefer it set in our history, on Earth, rather than an alternative Earth.
Bisexual

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

Stevej101

Interesting ideas, though in reading them I was wondering if we could not mix and match some of your ideas, perhaps the reporter is a male, and in his investigation discovers the lovely little Angelique and falls madly in lust/love.

Perhaps one of those in power do a little mind control and, for thier entertainment, arragnge a...close encounter...between the two.  He then decides he wants to take her away from all this as it were and the chaos begins.

Can the mundane reporter pull it off?  Or for a twist he could have the powers as well, just unknown and not so well controled, perhaps from a line that has long since been thought dead?

Just random thoughts, and the time frame makes no differance, my main concern is at what level would the weapons of the period be?
"But I like it in the gutter, its dark and warm and I meet all sorts of interesting people."

Ons and Offs

Gerald

This is sounding more and more interesting by the thread *chuckle*. I'm thinking that the three of us should make a pact to do it, play the roles as needed, lovelynice to play the main "victim" and most of the female roles, whereas Stevej101 could take his choice of the primary male roles and a variety of the other male parts, and I would take the other main male role and some of the secondary ones as well.

I agree that the thread must be somewhat formed to the original intent, but as Steve has said, some of the characters could be either male or female as necessary to fit the story line.

The younger brother's need to 'marry' Angelique sounds like a believable content, though wwe all know it wouldn't be possible, he will at least be able to taste the fruits of the family vine, so to speak.  I'd like, if you both agree to play that role.

In that this seems to be a very involved and detailed account, what do you two feel about the timing of the posts?  I'm able to post short blurbs every day, but this seems to require more thought than most of the forum stories I'm involved with.  Give me some feed back, please.

Lovelynice

Quote from: Stevej101 on February 28, 2008, 01:52:27 PM
Interesting ideas, though in reading them I was wondering if we could not mix and match some of your ideas, perhaps the reporter is a male, and in his investigation discovers the lovely little Angelique and falls madly in lust/love.

Perhaps one of those in power do a little mind control and, for thier entertainment, arragnge a...close encounter...between the two.  He then decides he wants to take her away from all this as it were and the chaos begins.

Can the mundane reporter pull it off?  Or for a twist he could have the powers as well, just unknown and not so well controled, perhaps from a line that has long since been thought dead?

Just random thoughts, and the time frame makes no differance, my main concern is at what level would the weapons of the period be?

There's room for comedy in the misunderstandings with the male outsider falling in love with the beautiful young woman who he believes needs rescuing. If he was as much of victim of mind-control as well, he might not notice the incongruity of this lovely girl walking around in a most indecent state of undress, perhaps idly he plays with her or impulsively fucks her out in public....totally unaware that he's acting rather odd, and that it's strange nobody else notices how odd it is either.

It probably would be better story-wise to keep things clear that the Via Astrum have the mind-control abilities not just because of bloodlines and genetics but also due to intensive training as part of their normal upbringing, and that outsiders simply are very unlikely to have any of that. In other words, better to have two main characters - one is the male reporter (no special mind-control abilities but knows lots of other things instead), and the other being a mind-controller setting the situation up or manipulating the girl and other bystanders for amusement. When you start blurring lines everywhere, I notice that in most roleplays it tends to ruin things in general....they can be fun, but the result is usually more problem causing than beneficial. I've become wary of blurry lines and "do-everything" characters in particular.

However, a mundane male reporter with no special powers can still be very capable, because it's a balance. He'd know people, have connections, his own particular skills and secrets. He might not be able get his story published, but he might be able to broker a deal instead... or somehow he manages to make such an impression, that the Via Astrum "recruit" him because they realise that they need someone like him.

Weapons? They'd be a very minor part of the whole thing really. Maybe one time only there's a raid on the manor, etc.... The Via Astrum, whatever the time period, would have a technological (or semi-magical) advantage, but they'd be unlikely to go for combat directly....except in the rarest circumstances...and when they did, it would be a "secret war" - so equivalent to small arms and special ops teams and secret agents (Wild Wild West in the Victorian Age, etc...).

Bisexual

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

Lovelynice

Quote from: Gerald on February 28, 2008, 02:09:03 PM
This is sounding more and more interesting by the thread *chuckle*. I'm thinking that the three of us should make a pact to do it, play the roles as needed, lovelynice to play the main "victim" and most of the female roles, whereas Stevej101 could take his choice of the primary male roles and a variety of the other male parts, and I would take the other main male role and some of the secondary ones as well.

I agree that the thread must be somewhat formed to the original intent, but as Steve has said, some of the characters could be either male or female as necessary to fit the story line.

The younger brother's need to 'marry' Angelique sounds like a believable content, though wwe all know it wouldn't be possible, he will at least be able to taste the fruits of the family vine, so to speak.  I'd like, if you both agree to play that role.

In that this seems to be a very involved and detailed account, what do you two feel about the timing of the posts?  I'm able to post short blurbs every day, but this seems to require more thought than most of the forum stories I'm involved with.  Give me some feed back, please.

I don't like a rush and pressure to post, as it ruins the writing. People have off-days and on-days, days when they're sick and days when they're busy.... I also prefer posts that have good details, thoughts of the characters, their moods, and some further background. My best rate of posting is about 1 post every 1 to 2 weeks, with sometimes posts a few days apart depending on the situation. I love good writing that tells a story, and I especially love a roleplay thread that comes together like a novel or a movie.

I wouldn't want to play most of the female roles either, but the "victim" and maybe one or two other main female characters.

Maybe you (Gerald) and Stevej101 can write for 2-3 main male characters each, or even a female main character as well if your writing is up to that.

Other than that, we all control the minor characters... maids, footmen, the butler, every body else including the female students at the school, and the male & female teachers. Do as needed, not setting any particular rule of responsibility.

Bisexual

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

Stevej101

I have just started writing my first female character and while I may pull it off well I would think that I would prefer to stay with the male roles, though the reply/response of a female NPC is not a problem.

The mundane reporter I will be then, I would imagine the interests of the powers that be have in him is his network so to speak, informants that he has gathered for some time.  But yes, I would not mind his sudden urge in the street and taking the beautiful girl right there.

Gerald, if you are interested in the son then I will play the father and likely we will not see eye to eye on various topics.  I could also do a few minors elsewhere, training a girl in the school if I get feisty :)

Besides the leading lady who else would you be taking Lovely?

Ons and Offs

Gerald

OK then, we are coming down to terms.  I will gladly take on the role of the younger son, and if I may the butler as well.  he being knowlable of the Via Astrum will require a bit more serious reading of the intro thread that Lovely wrote, but I can do that.

Steve - I can tell that you are already drooling over getting to do the deed in the streets of the town, just don't rush it, as the 'lovely' lady said, let's take our time and make this a story of worthiness.

Lovely - I agree 100% on the timing, it needs to be kept at a level that can be 'awe' inspiring rather than just another tale of lustfull sex and debauchery.  Will you be kind enough to send me the link when it is established, I'll begin doing my homework this evening.

Stevej101

Not to worry, though I am indeed looking forward to it I will not be premature, the reporter will likely be digging around some before he even sees her, much less has her.

We may want to move to PM about possible conflicts and/or friendships so that not every plot twist is know to each other, some surprises are plesant :)

Ons and Offs

Gerald

I agree, we should take it private for now, I'll give sh=ome thought after rereading her intro for the plot and scenario.  If either has any ideas, feel free to PM me any time.

Lovelynice

Okay, this all sounds quite good.

To sum up then;

Stevej101

- mundane nosy reporter (from one of those Fleet Street rags) with an extensive range of contacts, and could fall in love/lust with "Angelique" the Mellisian

- Sir Plantagenet, current patriarch of the Via Astrum's Plantagenet Family and lord of Nunquam Manor

Gerald

- younger of the two sons of Sir Plantagenet, who is intent on showing his independence and could fall in love/lust with "Angelique" the Mellisian

- butler... who is knowledgeable about the Via Astrum and trusted (butlers are extremely important in the running of an aristocratic home)

Lovelynice

- "Angelique" the Mellisian, the result of dozens of generations of eugenics and genetic engineering (with some mystical markers) to create a caste of sexual playthings

- apart from the 'leading lady', I was thinking of taking on the role of Lady Plantagenet, maybe one of the sisters, or perhaps the 2nd son has "fiance" all planned out by the family (as part of the eugenics) who might be a tad upset if her betrothed starts making a public display about "love" for a particular Mellisian sextoy girl.

Anyway, I'll work on the Introduction post again, and we can discuss this all in PM for some secrets.

It would be nice if some other female writers joined, but.... oh well.
Bisexual

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

Gerald

all sounds 'lovely' - lovelynice.  I have to rush this am to get to my day job, but will check in this evening to see if any further developements are, well....developed.

Lovelynice

Quote from: Gerald on February 29, 2008, 07:04:12 AM
all sounds 'lovely' - lovelynice.  I have to rush this am to get to my day job, but will check in this evening to see if any further developements are, well....developed.

If you have any suggestions that you want included, just bring them up. Ideas are always valued.
Bisexual

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

Gerald

Be certain that I will, I still have to go and study the intro you wrote again, it is, to say the least, detailed and does a wonderful job of defining what we will need to know, I just need to be up to speed on it all before I make some foolish mistake *LOL*

Lovelynice

Quote from: Gerald on February 29, 2008, 04:57:06 PM
Be certain that I will, I still have to go and study the intro you wrote again, it is, to say the least, detailed and does a wonderful job of defining what we will need to know, I just need to be up to speed on it all before I make some foolish mistake *LOL*

Ah..but I have to rewrite some parts for the Victorian setting again. Nearly done.
Bisexual

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories

Lovelynice

I've posted the thread, with only a slight name change to make it easy.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13309.0

We should post descriptions of our characters first and how they fit in.
Bisexual

Ons & Offs

Lovelynice's Stories