News:

Main Menu

Gay tabletop

Started by Sabby, February 19, 2012, 06:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Ages ago I read about a really atrocious tabletop game, and I wanna tell my friends about it since I've started playing, but I can't recall what it was Dx

It was advertised as homosexual culture finally having a place in gaming, but it was actually really offensive, with vampire like creatures posing as beautiful men and targeting young, naive pretty boys to warp them into magical sex fiends.

I really don't remember details, but it was just one huge collection of bad xD it was near unplayable and the rulebook was apparently huge, to the point where the writer of the article couldn't finish it, and I do remember some of the powers/abilities of the gays being kind of gross...

TheGlyphstone

Maybe Wraeththu? It's the only thing remotely close to being a 'gay tabletop RPG' list on RPGNet's Worst RPGs Ever list.

Sabby

Thats exactly it! Thank you xD was driving me nuts

Shjade

I don't think it's really fair to attribute sexual preferences to furniture. Maybe their grain just happens to look that way. :|
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Sabby on February 19, 2012, 11:06:40 AM
Thats exactly it! Thank you xD was driving me nuts

Happy to help. It sounds like it was more a hermaphrodite RPG than a gay RPG, but everything else matched up, so I assumed it had to be close.

DarklingAlice

I've really never seen sexuality of any stripe well treated by an RPG. Hope springs eternal, but I think that most game designers are better off giving us a world to play in and allowing the players to bring sex to it however they so choose.
For every complex problem there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.

Oniya

Players will do so anyways and regardless of the existence or absence of rules.  (Or in spite of them.  We had a 'Romeo and Juliet' pair in our World of Darkness game.  The phrase 'hairy undead sex' became a running joke.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avis habilis

For reference & amusement, here's Jeff Rients' account of his attempt to make sense of the Wraeththu RPG: http://jrients.blogspot.com/2005/07/wraeththu-report.html