What happened to my post count?

Started by Banderas, July 06, 2009, 01:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banderas

Something very screwy just happened.  My browser started acting strange, so I exited Elliquiy and logged back in.  When I did so, my post count dropped from about 104 to 86.

Not a tremendous deal, mind you.  But strange.

Anyone know what caused this, or how to rectify the situation?

MusicNeverDies

My own count went down a bit as well. I think those posts were likely from the Doormat thread, which was finished as a new one was started, and moved to games/socializing, where posts don't count. If that is it, it's not a glitch in the system. It's much more likely than an individual browser problem hacking into E and deleting your posts, I think.

Phobetor

My post count went down as well. I know it doesn't count when you post on the Games and such but I haven't. *Shrugs* Just FYI, like Banderas said...No real biggie! =)

-Grape
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Paradox

Yes it is too a biggie, by god! This is the third friggin time I've come close to 3,000 posts, only to have them yanked away by some strange machination of fate. This time, I was only 3 posts away!  >:(

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Mithlomwen

Yeah mine too!  I was about 30 posts away from 4,000 *cries* 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Caeli

This probably happened because I moved the old Doormat thread into Forum Games / Socializing. Any posts that you made in the first Doormat would no longer count towards your post count.

If it matters so much to you guys, though, I can always move it back? :P
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Vekseid

Yes, it was because Caeli moved the thread. Didn't realize it accounted for that now O_o

Quote from: Mithlomwen on July 06, 2009, 08:11:49 AM
Yeah mine too!  I was about 30 posts away from 4,000 *cries*

Well, thank you for your participation in the doormat : )

Trieste

Quote from: Paradox on July 06, 2009, 08:04:46 AM
Yes it is too a biggie, by god! This is the third friggin time I've come close to 3,000 posts, only to have them yanked away by some strange machination of fate. This time, I was only 3 posts away!  >:(

Try being about 20 posts away from being one of the top 10 posters on E... >.>

Caeli

* Caeli has shifty eyes.

I can offer cake, ice cream, or bacon to soothe your post count woes?

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Trieste

But ... I have a bagel. Mmm, cheese bagel...

Caeli

My glass of water is jealous of your cheese bagel.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Banderas

Quote from: Caeli on July 06, 2009, 08:27:33 AM
This probably happened because I moved the old Doormat thread into Forum Games / Socializing. Any posts that you made in the first Doormat would no longer count towards your post count.

By all means, leave it where it is!  I'm fine with the meagre drop in my post count. 

I like being an "Orgiest", anyway.

Aeval

Quote from: Paradox on July 06, 2009, 08:04:46 AM

Para, for once, I actually feel your pain!!!! *Uh oh...I don't know if that's so good or not!* I've decided I am NOT going to look at the post count anymore, cause it just keeps disappearing! *Hands Para ALL her 1937 post count cause she doesn't need them anymore! AND that would put him OVER 3000!!!*

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Paradox

Quote from: Aeval on July 06, 2009, 11:05:38 AM

Para, for once, I actually feel your pain!!!! *Uh oh...I don't know if that's so good or not!* I've decided I am NOT going to look at the post count anymore, cause it just keeps disappearing! *Hands Para ALL her 1937 post count cause she doesn't need them anymore! AND that would put him OVER 3000!!!*

Yeah. I stopped participating in Round Numbers and all the other fun post count-related activities a while ago. It's no fun when you keep getting screwed like this.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Trieste

Story posts are always usually safe.

Paradox

Yeah, but I only pump out one, maybe two story posts a week at the most  :P

It's all good; I just wanted to know what happened. Thank y'all for the explanation.

Trieste

I know postcount is serious business, but DON'T DIE 'DOXIE WE LOVE YOU.

Paradox

Trieste

consortium11

Everyone knows if you have a higher post-count you are a more awesome person...

Paradox

Quote from: consortium11 on July 06, 2009, 12:54:04 PM
Everyone knows if you have a higher post-count you are a more awesome person...

Exactly; why else would the goddesses have such high post-counts?  :P

Haibane

Yeah high post counts mean you post more trash are important.

Desan

Quote from: Caeli on July 06, 2009, 08:27:33 AM

QQ please?

I'd like to have 1000 post for once >[ u.u
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Sir Desan on July 06, 2009, 01:03:14 PM
QQ please?

I'd like to have 1000 post for once >[ u.u

I'm with Desan, I know post counts aren't THAT big of a deal, but I was kind of proud of the fact that I was nearing 4 grand. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Autumn Sativus

I think I lost like a hundred posts here. Not too big of a deal but still kind of sucks.

Maybe the Intro-Archive would be a good place for it? So those who are unapproved or whatever can see the previous happenings?
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~