Mafia Murder Theater: Alice in Wonderland -- Thespians Win!

Started by desert ashes, November 22, 2010, 01:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marguerite

Another yawn was made by Marguerite as she looked over to Saku. "I am not going to argue considering I am going to enjoy seeing the rest of you scramble around to find out who are the two understudies. At least I can see the Man Upstairs about redecorating his new office. The man needs to spruce it up with some color."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Aludiana of the Dusk

"I too feel guilty for jumping to conclusions and casting suspicion on someone who was innocent. But I don't believe it to be Kyrsa. She is so quiet and withdrawn, I doubt she could even speak up for the part she wanted, no offense intended sweetie. Perhaps it was Margurite? Though I'm curious why she is suspect at all. Then again, Revnent's judgment was spot on last time..." Aludiana paced as she spoke, mulling things over in her mind. She was clearly bothered by something.

"Marg, please, say something in your defense, or at least cast your suspicions I don't feel good about casting blame on someone who may not be guilty."
~On Hiatus Indefinitely~

Valerian

Val was busily scribbling notes in her copy of the script.  Of course this was hardly an unusual thing, though in this case, instead of stage directions and memory aids, she found herself trying to deduce a killer's identity.  It was a little thrilling, but mostly terrifying.

Unfortunately, the notes weren't a great deal of help.  Sighing, she listened quietly for a while as the others voted.  Revenant had certainly seemed to know what he was talking about with Leorobin, and now he, too, was voting for Kyrsa.  Maybe her earlier, vague hunch had been right after all.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Poetic Fury

Ali wasn't quite sure what to make of the situation but she did know that Margurite wasn't doing much to state her innocence.  It was hard to chose.  Did she go with the woman who protested too much or the one who didn't at all?  With her eyes still turned toward Margurite, she waited to see if the woman would say anything else about her situation.

"Seduce my mind and you can have my body.
Find my soul and I'm yours forever."
-Anonymous

Remiel

"I change my vote to Aludiana of the Dusk," said Remiel, suddenly.  "I can never tell with Marguerite, but something about Aludiana's behaviour strikes me as suspicious."

Saku

Saku wasn't quite sure why Marguerite did not express her innocence. But at the same time she wondered if perhaps she was making a mistake again. There were plenty of others who had voted for Imogen last time, it could always be one of them. It didn't have to be one in particular. She didn't know their reasons for voting for the lady. Oh why did it have to come down to using their brains? Saku didn't consider herself very smart and liked to follow the path of those she knew because she didn't want to stand out. Why had Remiel called her up to be an extra when murders were taking place?

Blinking, she looked over at Remiel when he changed his vote to Aludiana of the Dusk and decided to follow his lead. He had been right so far, having picked Leorobin earlier.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

desert ashes

On Stage: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." (Lynch vote.)

Cast and Crew
Marguerite (5) - Aiden, Imogen, Sanguine Obsession, Aludiana of the Dusk, rottenaim
Aludiana of the Dusk (2) - Remiel, Saku
Kyrsa (1) - Revenent, Valerian
Saku (1) - Kyrsa
Aiden
Imogen
Josietta
Remiel
Revenent
rottenaim
Sanguine Obsession
Valerian

Still Voting: Josietta, Marguerite

Call Backed: 7 Thespians, 1 Producer, 1 Stage Manager, 1 Props Manager, 2 Understudies
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

rottenaim

She was relieved and surprised that her previous choice, Leorobin, had been an actual understudy. Relieved that the one eliminated was one of the treacherous understudies and seeing as how her aim was usually so rotten and far off the mark, thus the added surprise. She was just as uncertain with this choice, but she was relying heavily on a hunch and a quick rendition of enny-meeny-miney-Marguerite.

Kye

Kyrsa eyed her accusers and shook her head, a small frown wrinkling her brow.  "I'm not sure how you have come to the conclusion that I am one of the murderers, but you're both sorely mistaken.  I have nothing to do with the deaths, no part is worth a human life in my mind..." she said quietly. 

"Perhaps Saku had something to do with it... though I admit it's a completely random choice on my part, there's no way to know who is responsible at this point."

Josietta

Josi wondered if Valerian was right this time with her choice. It was still hard decision. Everyone voted for Miss Marguerite. She wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do or not. She sighed some and just closed her eyes and picked someone at random. Knowing her role in this could not cause the untimely death of an innocent, while the ones at fault were so well hidden amongst them all.

No offense to you Rottenaim .

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Marguerite (5) - Aiden, Imogen, Sanguine Obsession, Aludiana of the Dusk, rottenaim
Aludiana of the Dusk (2) - Remiel, Saku
Saku (1) - Kyrsa
rottenaim (1) - Josietta
Aiden
Imogen
Josietta
Remiel
Revenent
Sanguine Obsession
Valerian

Still Voting: Marguerite

Call Backed: 7 Thespians, 1 Producer, 1 Stage Manager, 1 Props Manager, 2 Understudies
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Marguerite

Damn, I thought I voted and it was for Aludiana.

-Chuckles and waits for the curtain to fall-
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Imogen

"It may not do much good, but I can no longer believe in Marguerite's guilt. I shall change my vote to Aludiana as well."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

With the final votes cast it came down to a tie between Marguerite and Aludiana, and it could be no surprise that the Director would not choose herself.  On stage the lights extinguished and left a red spotlight on Marguerite.  Just as the spotlight focused on her, the four playing cards from earlier returned.  They thundered onto the stage, but unlike before they did not surround the woman.  Only one stepped forward... and he bowed to the Queen of Hearts, the role the Thespian had been destined for.

"Off with her head!" 

The playing cards' spears boomed down onto the stage as darkness gripped it.  Moments later the cards and Marguerite had vanished.

Cast and Crew
Aludiana of the Dusk (4) - Remiel, Saku, Marguerite, Imogen
Marguerite (4) - Aiden, Sanguine Obsession, Aludiana of the Dusk, rottenaim
Saku (1) - Kyrsa
rottenaim (1) - Josietta
Aiden
Imogen
Josietta
Remiel
Revenent
Sanguine Obsession
Valerian

Still Voting:

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

desert ashes

All was not quiet when the curtains fell and shrouded the theater in temporary darkness.  There were sounds of movement and wisps of air that cut across flesh, and for a few seconds a scuffle broke out.  Muffled groans erupted from the dark corner and then a THUD!

When the lights came back up, it was Aiden laying slumped in the corner, a dagger plunged through his heart and his hands gripped about a large, round clock, for Aiden had been a Thespian cast in the role of the White Rabbit.

The Understudies had aimed well.

Cast and Crew
Imogen
Josietta
Kip
Kyrsa
Remiel
Revenent
rottenaim
Saku
Sanguine Obsession
Valerian

Still Voting: Imogen, Josietta, Kip, Kyrsa, Remiel, Revenent, rottenaim, Saku, Sanguine Obsession, Valerian

Call Backed: 5 Thespians, 1 Producer, 1 Stage Manager, 1 Props Manager, 2 Understudies
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Remiel

Remiel regarded Aiden's corpse with dismay.  "Alas, poor Aiden! I knew him, Saku."

He sighed.  "Well, my instincts were telling me to vote for Aludiana, so it's just Kip's misfortune that he stepped in to fill her shoes..."

Valerian

Val peeked out cautiously from behind one of the backdrops.  "Sorry, Kip.  I have to agree with Remiel."  Then she ducked back nervously, watching the rest of the voting quietly.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Revenent

Thinking back, Aludiana was the one who tried to sway Revenent's mind back when he was the first to vote for Leorobin. It seemed quite possible that she had just been trying to sway the vote away from one of her allies. With her gone, though, Kip would have to have taken her place.

Josietta

Moving over to settle next to Imogen she sipped her water and gave Imogen a reassuring hug, knowing that she must feel bad about Aiden. Josi knew she felt the loss. He had great potential. Josi was confused and looked around at wondering why they would accuse the director who they all appointed when before Kyrsa was thought to be at fault but had not spoken up to defend herself at all. At least Imogen defended herself later when accused and a number of people were voting for both of them as well as themselves against each other.

"What if you all were right before and Kyrsa is involved? Why would the director be the understudy? I'm just trying to understand why we would appoint someone director if they are the death of us, to be blunt. Any insight here? I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon like before, but looking at our past votes, Kyrsa came up in more than one vote."

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Kip (5) - Remiel, Valerian, Imogen, Revenent, Saku
Kyrsa (3) - Josietta, Sanguine Obsession, Eden
Eden
Imogen
Josietta
Remiel
Revenent
Saku
Sanguine Obsession
Valerian

Still Voting: Kip, Kyrsa

Call Backed: 5 Thespians, 1 Producer, 1 Stage Manager, 1 Props Manager, 2 Understudies
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Saku

Saku shivered as she looked over at Aiden's corpse. How could this be happening to them? If she had known such danger was afoot, she might not have agreed to try out for some parts here. Yet she trusted Remiel and so she decided to place her faith in him. "Did you know him for long, Remiel?" She asked her friend, wondering whether they had been close or not. Saku nodded when he spoke of his suspicion of Aludiana, she had felt something a bit off about the woman as well. But she was hesitant to poke fingers and cast blame. However, when Remiel chose Kip she nodded her head as well. He should know what he was doing, right?
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Poetic Fury

The girl formally known as Ali(012281) before her identity crisis finally spoke up.  "I'm going to have to go with Josi on this one and vote for Kyrsa.  I can see her point, however if Kip makes it through then he just may get my vote next time."

Struggling to keep her eyes from where Aiden's body was, Ali kept her gaze focused on the floor in front of her.  "Sorry, Kyrsa," she added softly.

"Seduce my mind and you can have my body.
Find my soul and I'm yours forever."
-Anonymous

Nadir

Eden edges in and sits down, pulling off a Phantom of the Opera mask and mouthing 'wrong theatre' to anyone who glances over.

Shi takes stock quickly and came to the conclusion that maybe Kyrsa isn't so innocent...

Kye

Shaking her head Kyrsa sighs and throws her hands up in the air.  "I am not a murderer, some of you are looking in the wrong direction.  I really have very little choice in who I vote for, not that my vote is going to count at this point.  Kip."  With that Kyrsa sat down on the edge of the stage, her feet swinging back and forth as she waited for Kip's vote.