Borderlands 3: Andromeda (Interest Check)

Started by SheepishRogue, May 05, 2013, 08:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SheepishRogue

Within the Vault of the Warrior…
“No!” Handsome Jack screams in outrage as the Warrior, giving one last roar, falls to the ground, dead. “This can’t be happening. This can’t be happening!” he cries. As the barrier around Lilith and Jack dissolves, he turns to face you, the anger in his eyes plain as day.

“No, no, no… I can’t die like this… not when I’m so close… and not at the hands of a filthy ban-“*bang*. With this one bullet, Jack, like the Warrior before him, falls lifelessly to the ground. Lilith, exhausted but clearly relieved, flashes you a small but weary smile.

“It’s finally over… Good going, Vault Hunter. You… are a badass. Now… we just gotta get rid of that key.” As you approach the key, a thought occurs to Lilith, so she stops you. “Wait a sec – let me. You don’t wanna touch this thing right now, trust me.” Crouching to grab the key, she murmurs ”If I never see this key again, it’ll be too soon…It’s been fun, you alien piece of shi-”

Lilith is interrupted by a sudden beam of light that bursts from the key, startling everyone present. The light expands to what appears to be a solar system, with one planet marked by the symbol of the Vault. Before anyone can get a word in, multiple solar systems appear, each with their own Vault-marked planets. Mordecai and Brick, who arrived as Lilith went for the Vault key, appear just as shocked. Brick is the first to speak.

“What the – are those Vaults?” Mordecai chuckles.

“You know what that means…” Lilith gives her own chuckle.

“Yeah, no rest for the wicked…”

Borderlands 3: Andromeda

I'm a big fan of the Borderlands series, and I've been tossing around this idea for a while, so I figured I would share it and see how many people were interested. The general idea is that:

• This will be taking place on Andromeda, another planet with a Vault. I haven't worked out any specifics just yet.
  • Like the other BL games, this will have a four-player "Vault-Hunter" scheme, although we don't have to use the already existing classes.
  • Those four characters don't have to be the only players: people can (if they want) suggest character roles they'd like to try out (i.e.: a "Zed" or "Marcus"), especially if your interested but have less free time to work with.
  • I'm still thinking about how I want battles to work, but I'm completely open to any ideas.
  • I'd like this to be as fun and quirky as the games themselves: be creative!

If you want to help me shape the game/world, I'm open to suggestions. Let me know what you think!

~ Sheepish
More about me!       Ons and Offs
Skype Available

Cold Heritage

I am also a big fan of the Borderlands series, and I express interest in this idea. I would like to play a Vault Hunter.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Wargtass

Is it juvenile of me to call dibs on a Vault Hunter? Because in that case I am such a child.  ::)
O/O

SheepishRogue

Quote from: Cold Heritage on May 05, 2013, 09:49:21 PM
I am also a big fan of the Borderlands series, and I express interest in this idea. I would like to play a Vault Hunter.

Noted, I'll provide character sheets and more details sometime this week.

Quote from: Wargtass on May 05, 2013, 10:04:50 PM
Is it juvenile of me to call dibs on a Vault Hunter? Because in that case I am such a child.  ::)

Pssh, no such thing :) First come first serve ;)

Out of curiosity, which existing classes did you prefer? I'm a Siren through and through (though I'm not sure I'll play one here). We can do custom classes, but I like the idea that there are "only 6 Sirens in existence at any point in time"- will probably keep that.
Skype Available

Cold Heritage

I played Brick exclusively in Borderlands 1, and Salvador in Borderlands 2. I plan to get Krieg when he comes out. Which I hope is soon.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Wargtass

Mordechai and Zero... I'm a sucker for headgear.  :P

Now that I'm given the chance of making my own, I'll probably stay with the theme of the hunter but give it a heavy twist with the Big Game Hunter, using rocket launchers and heavy pistols to bring home the trophies and a Composite bow to bring down the real nasties (secret's in the tips). There will be a lot of bush hats croikies and shrimps on the barbie I assure you.  ;D
O/O

ZephySempai

*Interest has been piqued*

Big fan of Borderlands and I'd love to be apart of this. I even have a character in mind who isn't a vault hunter.

Unless you already have something in mind, I'd like to play the part of the "Mysterious Guide" that usually helps the hunters out during their quests.

My character would be an Expert hacker doing what he can to fight back against whoever the protagonist of the story is, or just helping out the hunters because he's a nice guy. Though his main Role is keeping the Vault Hunters on course with providing info about the world, he can also hack into computer systems; allowing him to open locked doors for the Hunters, activate and control any defense systems that might otherwise work against the hunters: support actions like that.

So tell me what you think and, even if it doesn't work, I can always just make him vault hunter and be happy :3

SheepishRogue

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay, extra RL work got piled on last minute. :(

Welcome aboard Zephy! I wasn't planning on doing a "Mysterious Guide" with this world, but I would love to have you stay as a hacker! :) Vault Hunter or not, you could function a Scooter of sorts, as I really would love a tech-based character.

I'm away from home (and PC) for a couple more days, but I'm working on some details and will post them when I can.

As always, if you'd like to help with any aspect or have questions feel free to post them! :D

~Sheepish

Skype Available

Revenent

So I'm kind of interested, but I'm actually quite new to the Borderlands series (I've only played about five hours or so into the second one, and although I own the first, I haven't played it yet). Is this going to be particularly lore-intensive? I.E. anything that I can't figure out with a quick visit to the wiki?

SheepishRogue

Quote from: Revenent on May 13, 2013, 12:31:53 PM
So I'm kind of interested, but I'm actually quite new to the Borderlands series (I've only played about five hours or so into the second one, and although I own the first, I haven't played it yet). Is this going to be particularly lore-intensive? I.E. anything that I can't figure out with a quick visit to the wiki?

A lot of it will be lore-based, but still easy to follow/wiki. If there's anything that I think may be somewhat vague, I'll probably just give a short note or clarification in an OOC thread where you could also ask questions.
Skype Available

Revenent

Alright, sounds good. Honestly, with the rate at which group RPs actually progress on Elliquiy, I'll probably have some time to go ahead and play through the games, anyway. ;D

Depending on the amount of interest, I can either be one of the Vault Haunters, or I'll gladly stand aside and play a support character. I've always had a love for playing weapon/gear smiths and such in RPG-based games, anyway. In a game not to long ago, I played a potion-maker/alchemist who had a hobby for creating and testing "recreational" substances.

SheepishRogue

Cool! Not sure what my role will be just yet, and characters from 1&2 more than likely won't show up.

The plan was to have this occur around the same time as the 2nd game, with some lore-based references/connections here and there. For Andromeda, the Vault-Hunters dont have to "arrive" together like in 1/2, especially since no other planets (according to the games) had Vault legends/awareness like Pandora did. In that sense, the VHs can customize their characters' classes and backstory a little more.

Will be back home with a proper PC and internet Friday, and will upload char sheets then.
Skype Available

ZephySempai

I can't wait to see how the Vault Hunters look. I've always been a fan of the series; especially the creative and balanced skill trees. It'd be pretty sweet if, even though everyone doesn't have to arrive together, they all somehow ended up with unique skill sets that balances out the team.

Also, I had a quick question about the tech-level of the world. Borderlands One was pretty heavily post-apoc with remnants of high-tech, while Two had a much higher concentration of tech due to Hyperion's grip on the world. Personally, I favor the high-tech in Borderlands two, but of course there will be areas of Andromeda that is still primordial and such.

And what do you think of having a main antagonist? It was really fun having a main guy to hunt down in two, plus Handsome Jack was pretty funny in his own sense.

I was thinking of the possibility that Andromeda has also been invaded by Hyperion as well; under the command of a different antagonist; possibly a female officer who was a colleague of Jack; maybe even his sister. What do you guys think about that?

SheepishRogue

I was also thinking of having a corporation involved with this game. However, I wasn't planning on it being Hyperion because when HJ took over, he turns the group's immediate sights on Pandora (he briefly mentions this in recordings in BL2).

Just a list of current ideas (once this is more concrete I'll update the first post):

• Hyperion will make an appearance, but will not be the main corporation of this story
  • I plan on having a sort of anti-VH playing in this game (maybe a Siren), possibly playable by someone else.
  • I'm making classes similar in style to Brick(Muscle), Zero (Stealth); not sure about a Siren just yet, since I might make it the antagonist.
  • Another class I have an idea for is a Scooter/Axton (Tech) hybrid of sorts. As a character, he could combine otherwise useless pieces that are scavenged in battles, his ability to do so coming from one of the skill trees.
  • There was also a plan for a Mr. Torque (explosives) character, although it could also just become a tree for Brick.
  • The plan is still to have classes that complement each other (i.e. a Scavange skill to complement a Tech skill, or Sirens health/support tree in bl2)
  • I'm still working out ideas for biomes, though I do have a couple of standard and unusual ones lined up. Some of the regions will have technical hubs, similar to Sanctuary from bl2. These may or may not be where most of the main quests/intel would be obtained.
  • Was thinking about having something like a rare-but-advanced Bounty board, where the missions could be purely for cash/skill-ups/gear proportional to your level.
  • I was planning on having Andromeda be more tech-based than Pandora, possibly more seedy where Pandora was Arid/barren.
  • I was thinking of making one of each character's trees an "environment" tree, where they are able to improve their ability to interact with certain parts of Andromeda (hacking, scavenging, stealth kills, etc).

Let me know what you think. I might just make a seperate post in the World Building forum so that you could comment/contribute ideas as well.
Skype Available

Revenent

So what's the word on this? Is everybody still around?

SheepishRogue

Hello everyone, sorry for the delay.

So I'm in the process of identifying everything you'll need to provide (character sheets, skills) to get started, and how I'll set this up (starting gear, etc.). I'll also have a "World Building" thread that will periodically updated with relevant info so we can continue on through the story with as little pausing as possible.

The Character Sheet I had in mind was something like this:

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Class:[/b] (Scavenger, Assassin, Muscle, Mercenary, Hacker)

[spoiler=Appearance][/spoiler] (if using an image)

[b]Action Skill:[/b]

[b]Weapon(s) of Choice:[/b] (e.g.: pistol and sniper).

[b]Skill 1 and 2,etc.:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b] Short blurb about yourself.

Some of you mentioned custom classes/abilities, so I figured you had ideas for what kind of skills you wanted your VHs to have. I'm not sure how hands on you want me to be with the classes, but if you want to create skills (be reasonable, of course), feel free to name them and give a description. Feel free to also use skills from the games themselves.

Will be working on some other details, then we should be able to get started soon-ish.

~ Sheepish
Skype Available

Revenent

I kind of had an idea for my character be a Gunslinger of some sort, i.e. specializing in pistols/revolvers and being able to do stuff like rebound bullets, curve bullets around corners, and more complex stuff as they get more advanced. Maybe even being able to disarm enemies with a shot, for what little that would be worth.

SheepishRogue

That disarming ability (and class) would actually be pretty awesome. I see it being very useful, depending on the enemy or weapon (e.g.: disarming someone with elemental DoT). Maybe a future ability could combine the ricochet with reduced chance of disarming a second target.

The one thing I'm trying to work out is the actual battles. I don't want to be bogged down by turn-based combat, especially since BL is pretty fast-paced, but there should be some kind of checks/balances.Thoughts?
Skype Available

Revenent

Are we looking to implement a system for battles?

SheepishRogue

I had initially thought maybe, but then realized we'd get bogged down by turns and specifics that weren't necessary.
Skype Available

ZephySempai

How I usually go about battles depends on the amount of enemies. Now, if we're raiding a bandit camp with like 20 enemies, What I usually do is allow the members to take a little control of the NPCs themselves. Say, VH 1 Fights his five, VH 2 fights another 5, then uses his ricochet ability to disarm some baddies for 3 & 4.

But if there's like only four enemies, or one big boss enemy, then that is left for the GM and becomes turn-based.

Long story short, play it by situation. Sometimes the players can have some freestyle control, other times the GM decides yur fate :)

SheepishRogue

Makes sense to me. How do you guys suggest handling weapons/armor? Was thinking everyone just rolls with 2-3 weapons and a fourth "relic item" dependent on their class. Like a hacking device for hack, blade for assassin, special gun that houses one bullet (of a rare type) for 'slinger...
Skype Available

ZephySempai

That sounds good to me. Question though: Do the VH start out will three weapons and get a bonus later, or do they only start with one? Also I think, for literary's sake, we should limit the ability to carry around a hundred items at a time. Maybe a shield, grenade mod, 4 weapons max, and maybe some miscellaneous like health vials, artifacts, class mods etc. It'll save a lot of time and brainpower if we're not trying to recall all the different guns we have in our inventory.

I have trouble doing that even in the game, lol.

Revenent

I think we should specialize in one or maybe two gun types each, depending on your class. No reason to have a gun of every type if you already have a guy who's good with explosives, a guy who's good with shotguns and machine guns, etc.

SheepishRogue

I say two, but that was partially to add some dynamic to RP (switch instead of reload during a fight), but the second slot could be earned as  a holster looted from a boss battle later on (same with grenade mod?). The given the categories in game are:

• Snipers
  • Pistols/Revolvers (were separate in BL)
  • Rocket Launcher
  • SMGs
  • Assault Rifles
  • Shotguns

Whether we roll with one or two, we can choose one to start with. If we roll with one only, maybe earn elemental damage mods for our weapons instead of a "holster" later on.
Skype Available

ZephySempai

Definitely consider leaving room for an "Other" category as well just to accommodate the Sniper's Katana, maybe a combat knife: things like that :)

SheepishRogue

So, my potential ideas, at least to get us started:

• Each of us starts with ONE class specific weapon. May or may not start with class "relic item".
  • Unlocks from different bosses, tentative order: (class relic weapon), grenade mods, (second slot if yes to 2 weapons), weapon mod, class "relic item" mod. Ones in parenthesis are just ideas, may or may not happen.
  • I (or someone) can create a starter city for us to meet in. We can have some pretty length prelude/backstory for each of our characters: we'll hardly stumble into one another magically.
  • Much like other previous BLs, NPCs in major cities will have shops, but you can find machines in some mini-hubs across Andromeda.
  • For health purposes, maybe two healing items max per char. After a specific boss, if no group healing abilities are present, we can add weaker group healing items (specifically for bosses).
Skype Available

Revenent

Well, we should probably figure out the classes before we worry too much about deciding who uses what weapons. Does anyone besides me have an idea for what they want to play?

Wargtass

Aye, think I'll be going for a classic Aussie Hunter, specializing in sniper rifles and a compound bow for his action skill using different tips for different effects. Perhaps even a pet-skag for tracking down prey. In the end he will probably pick up a rocket launcher to take on the most dangerous animal of all; KING KONG! O_O
O/O

ZephySempai

Quote from: Wargtass on May 23, 2013, 02:26:32 AM
Aye, think I'll be going for a classic Aussie Hunter, specializing in sniper rifles and a compound bow for his action skill using different tips for different effects. Perhaps even a pet-skag for tracking down prey. In the end he will probably pick up a rocket launcher to take on the most dangerous animal of all; KING KONG! O_O

Robot-mechanoid King Kong! We MUST have that in here!

But yeah, for the most part my character will just be the "Mysterious Guide" for you guys. Haven't decided if I'll make him a hunter and have him join th emain group or not, but just in case I'll do a full bio. His weapon of choice will probably be Elemental Pistols/SMGs and his action skill will consist of hacking prices o all vending machines as well as taking control of one Robotic target at a time. That may be fun.

Revenent

I'm guessing my character will focus on Pistols/Revolvers, with Shotguns as a possible second weapon of choice. Having a Rifle on him/her could make sense, but then I would just be encroaching on the sniper's territory, so I'll keep him/her close to mid range.

Pentagious666

Are we still open for some fun stuffs, and if there are no remaining vault hunters I can be what ever we need, I'd love to play, the last borderlands while well organized never got anywhere because everyone seemed to hate everyone... except my character who was just trying to be friendly, I can just bring that vault hunter aspect over, An armored commando sort of boyo, worked for the crimson lance and has a prototype digistruct armor called The Aegis.  I never really got a chance to use him proper as everyone treated him like he was filth.  Focused around close range assault combat with an Atlas Shotgun named Hephaestus' Hammer and a Tediore Pistol called the Thresher Wrangler.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

SheepishRogue

Quote from: Pentagious666 on May 24, 2013, 08:35:14 AM
Are we still open for some fun stuffs, and if there are no remaining vault hunters I can be what ever we need, I'd love to play, the last borderlands while well organized never got anywhere because everyone seemed to hate everyone... except my character who was just trying to be friendly, I can just bring that vault hunter aspect over, An armored commando sort of boyo, worked for the crimson lance and has a prototype digistruct armor called The Aegis.  I never really got a chance to use him proper as everyone treated him like he was filth.  Focused around close range assault combat with an Atlas Shotgun named Hephaestus' Hammer and a Tediore Pistol called the Thresher Wrangler.

Whoa, feel free to use him, although you may have to tailor him a bit since I'm not sure how your previous game will compare to this one.
Skype Available

ZephySempai

Alright! I'm going to make my attempt on the character sheet just to see how it'll look. Yay.

ZephySempai

Name: Sparx Larsa

Class: Hacker

Action Skill: Hacker Pro: This ability allows The Hacker to directly control cybernetic systems and tweak their functions to better serve The Hacker.

Weapon(s) of Choice:
Maliwan Shock Pistol: Repeater pistol that holds 12 bullets per cartridge. Rips shields apart within seconds.

S&S Crux Shotgun: Assault shotgun that holds 14 rounds, however, it eats away two rounds per shot. This explosive shotgun fires in a predefined vertical cross, much like a +; perfect for upright human targets and crowd control.

Skill 1 and 2,etc.:
Network Tree: The Hacker’s network tree allows him to infiltrate cybernetic systems, override door codes, and change the coding of vending machines, which allows for random, reduced prices to be generated. The network tree is a support tree used primarily to hack cameras and reveal undiscovered areas, unlock or override security systems, and hack into vending machines. At its highest level, it can flip vending machine Sell and Buy prices, causing all items in the machine to be purchased at their sell-back price, and to be sold back at their retail price.

Hijack Tree: The Hacker’s Hijack Tree allows him to possess one cybernetic target at a time and use it offensively for a limited duration. The hacker can only Hijack targets of up to equal level. Midway through the tree, the Hacked targets can be cannibalized for their ammunition and shields, which are shared through the team, and at the highest level, the Hacked target’s weapons can be reprogramed to support any elemental effect desirable.

Personality: Sparx is a generally laid-back and solitary kind of guy. Though he is a pretty big introvert and would rather work on projects alone, he does force himself to put on a front when around others and socialize, even if he feels uncomfortable. “Fake it ‘till you make it” is an expression he lives by. He can, at times, feel somewhat out of place as his likes and hobbies are particularly different from your general hunter on Andromeda. Aside from spending hours at a time in front of a computer, Sparx loves Anime and MMORPGs, so you’ll almost always find him playing computer games when he’s supposed to be working. He is shy, quiet, and solitary, but also trustworthy, excitable, and a very reliable friend. If you ask him a favor, you can expect that he’ll come through in a timely manner. He likes to play around and joke with people over cyberspace and wishes this side of himself could carry over to the real world, but it’s just one of the many things he has to work on.

Whenever a problem presents itself, Sparx can make a solution. He’s good with his hands and has a lot of Gamer Street Smarts, which actually can come in handy. At the same time, Sparx isn’t the strongest person physically and relies heavily on his allies to deal a lot of damage for him. Sparx is also afraid of being separated from technology for too long. He’s grown up around technology and has always had a fancy for it. It gets him through every day. Sparx is almost never seen without his datapad handy. If he were to be away from tech for too long, or worse, if the battery on his data pad were to ever die, he would be completely lost.

Pentagious666

Quote from: SheepishRogue on May 24, 2013, 06:57:29 PM
Whoa, feel free to use him, although you may have to tailor him a bit since I'm not sure how your previous game will compare to this one.
tell me what you think :D

Name: Cmdr Victor Cain  Player: Pentagious666
Tagline: "The used to call me Cain the Pain."

Victor
The Aegis
Digistruct Armor

Durability: High/Very High. He has a high pain tolerance due to his time with the Lance and their method of 'keeping him in line'. Most notably, however, his durability derives from his specialized armor.
Shield: Anshin Adaptive Shield. This shield has a moderate capacity, but is most notable for its ability to adapt its resistance to elemental tech.

Special Ability: Digistruct Armor - Utilizing a digistruct module in his shield, Victor is able to surround himself in a highly protective armor. The prototype technology lacks maneuverability, making his movements slow and relying on its ability to continuously take hits to survive. Strength and stability is also enhanced, allowing him to wield both the array shield and a shotgun at the same time (though the lack of maneuverability and having both hands occupied means reloading is a slow process as well). The armor also allows Victor to make slightly higher jumps, but requires him to stop and prepare for the jump beforehand.

The armor, once his shield is down, is quickly damaged by corrosive attacks. Due to its prototype nature, if the armor is damaged, it can be an expensive process to repair.

Weapon Specializations: Pistols, Shotguns, Array Shield (melee)

Weapons
The Aegis - A heavy shield with a digistruct module designed specifically to create Victor's armor. The shield is designed for combat, and can be quite devastating, but has an dismal range and relatively low maneuverability due to its heft.

Hephaestus's Hammer - A very powerful, heavy shotgun, with low accuracy and high recoil. This weapon holds 12 rounds (and fires two shots per pull of the trigger). At close range, the weapon can be very devastating. Victor won it in an arm-wrestling match during his Lance days. Like most Atlas guns, it has a white sheen and a durable frame.

Thresher Wrangler - A highly accurate, but low powered Tediore pistol. This pistol holds 16 rounds, and can be thrown like a grenade when reloaded (as is Tediore's trademark).

Background:  Victor Cain was a member of the Atlas corporation's  Crimson Lance.  They stuck him on Pandora, a sort of punishment for disobeying orders.  He dwelled on this past deed and while he was the first Vanguard, I wielder of a shield and digistructed armor.  He took his armor and left.  His shield is actually deceptively heavy for the ease with which he moves it, it contains the digistructing array to instantly apply his armor.  So he left to go find his fortune free of the greed of others.  Atlas corporation holds it that he stole the digistruct shield and is still trying to get their prototype back.

Personality: Hiding sobs behind laughter and tears behind smiles.  He is good humored and charming to stay away from the past.

Sexual Interests/Boundaries: Heterosexual he tends to flirt with women when he has the chance to.  Not really sure if he wants a woman to be with or demand it of him.  Tends to avoid bondage though it isn't like it's needed with him.

Initial Post

(This gives you an example of his attitude, combat and how his action skill works. as well as my writing style, this is my epic post of the ages, and obviously, new planet new rules.)

"Shit!" Cain cursed loudly, he had been walking for days across this barren ice field.  He had nothing to keep him company save for those monkey things.  what were they called? He had forgotten and it no longer seemed relevant.  The Aegis was heavy but he had grown accustomed to that.  He was furious, first those Lance Hunters had forced him to crash land on the shit hole of a planet and now he had to walk everywhere looking for 'Sanctuary'.  He had learned the name of this reported haven by accessing the local Echonet.  Some guy talking about recruiting Fighters.  Sounded like the right idea to him.  The directions were vague though and he hadn't seen any signs.
He stopped and realized he had walked into a small town.  He could hear movement inside the buildings around him.
"Hello, is anyone there?" He shouted at the dilapidated village.  He raised Aegis up not knowing what he would find.
The curtain hanging over one of the darkened doorways flew up and out dashed a strange masked man.  Victor spun to face him.
"Ha-ha your blood is mine!" The masked man cried with glee and raised a buzz axe in the air as he rushed at the confused Commander.
Victor seeing the weapon took on a defensive stance holding the Aegis just below his eyes.  Right as the Psycho started to bring the spinning blade down Cain swung with the heavy shield aiming for the man's torso.
"gargh," was the man's surprised gurgle as the shield hit him lifting him off the ground and causing blood to spray from his mouth. As he landed on his knees the blood dripped from the mask.  Victor brought the sharp bottom of the shield on his neck while falling to a kneeling stance.  With a distinctive crunch the Psycho collapsed.  That's when all hell broke loose five different doorways flew open as two to three bandits came out.  A couple were the same psycho type figures who sprinted at the kneeling man.  several mean with firearms and a couple of heavily garbed folks.
"I was looking for something to take my aggression out on. Isn't this sanctuary?" He smiled and drew his Thresher Wrangler.  The small pistol Wasn't exactly a thing of damnation, but he figured it would suffice.  That is until-
"Look at that weedy dirt bag he has a nice shield let's take it!" Shouted one of the nomads.
The commander wasted no time he whipped his pistol forward and fired at the closest psycho until the clip was half empty.
"Here catch!" he smirked and he tossed the next man his pistol.  The first psycho dropped.
Astonished all the bandits watched him in fascination as the last Psycho caught the pistol and laughed-- until it exploded violently tearing him to shreds.  By this time Victor was already firing with the newly digistructed pistol.
The bandits started returning fire mostly pinging off of that black shield this newcomer carried.  Bullets started ringing true off of his shield so Victor through the quarter empty pistol at a bandit and dove for cover. A bandit screamed as the pistol bounced off of his head and detonated. Commander Cain checked the status of his shield and while it would regenerate shortly it was now set to shock, courtesy of their leaders no doubt.  With that assured he was finally figuring on revealing Aegis. But first things first, he leaped over the cover and ran straight for the Nomads.  As soon as he got close he ducked behind his shield and bull rushed one back a couple feet and then activated the Aegis.  A greenish glow flashed around him as the armor instantly digistructed to reveal the Crimson Lance based armor.  now he stood up and swung his shield sideways so the sharp part struck the nomad standing right next to him, cleaving the devastated bandit's head right off.  His Anshin broke and the bullets began to bounce harmlessly off of his new alloy skin.  He pulled out the Hephaestus's Hammer and held up his shield.
"Well, a bunch of bandits, I hadn't figured on that one," He said with a laugh. his voice sounded cold and metallic through his breather.  He pulled the trigger on the Hammer pointing it at the second Nomad,  The buckshot tore into bandit flesh and he squeezed again, his hand almost not moving and the nomad was torn apart.  Moving more slowly due to the bulk of the armor  Victor walked heavily to the next Bandit.  He lifted his foot and booted him ten feet away.   Another bandit tossed a grenade at the armored vault hunter.  Said Commander batted the grenade away like it was nothing and stomped up over the first banditsquishing him.  He hefted the shield and bashed the next bandit wtih the shield.  This one left the ground and was torn apart midair by a shotgun blast.
"Get around him!" Shrieked a now terrified bandit on a landing above.
As if in response Victor had already jumped.  The servos in his leggings carried him easily 12 feet up as he landed, With the complaint of the building below him, next to the screeching man.  He wound up and struck the man's face sending the man's head flying over a metallic wall just outside the village. (little did he know this would land at the city gate for the actual Sanctuary.)
He knew he would need mobility for the next part so he dropped into cover and allowed the armor to destruct.  He slipped the Aegis on his back and felt a slight pain in his right shoulder.  It had taken them long enough but they had found a kink in his armor.  He waited for his Anshin to recharge before making his next move.  The last few bandits were huddle together and so he pulled out Thresher again.  He fired the gun straight up once, not aiming at anything.  He then spun up from the cover and threw the pistol amongst the bandits.  He jumped down from the building as the tediore weapon detonated betwixt the poor bastards. killing them.
"Well damn it, they got me!" He knew it was impossible to bandage himself so he meandered out of the bandit town and noticed the comm next to the gate. 
he pressed the page button, "Hello? is this another bandit city?"
He waited for a response, pulling out Aegis and readying thresher.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Revenent

ZephySempai

Pentagious666

I'm still about, like I said I want Victor to develop and for his mysterious past to be discovered.  For example, the reason he went AWOL...
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Jmorty33

Hey, I hope I'm not too late, but is there still room for a Vault Hunter on Andromeda?
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Pentagious666

as far as I've seen there is only my vault hunter posted, though the hacker might also become one.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Angaroo

This sounds like a lot fun! I'd be interested in making a vault hunter as well.

Wargtass

Just sent SheepishRogue a PM to see if she is still checking in on this. Would be nice to see this active again. As for how many vault hunter spots are left, not so sure.
O/O

Wargtass

Oh, and apparently I never posted my character here! Will have to live with the damned Sniper while I look for something appropriate for what I have in mind for appearance though... and expand on it overall.

Name: Bruce "Digger" Anzac

Class: Big Game Hunter

Appearance

Action Skill: Go neck, Cecil! Digger let loose his ferocious tamed Skag Cecil which goes in for a killing blow. Results may vary.

Weapon(s) of Choice: Composite Bow and Revolvers

Skill 1 and 2,etc.:
Tree 1 - Beastmaster: Mainly upgrades for Cecil, but also including some ol' bush-tricks.
Tree 2 - It's in the Tip: Using special arrowheads, Digger turns this primitive weapon into a highly deadly one.
Tree 3 - Trap'N'Track: Through his skills with traps and tracking he can lure and bring down any prey.

Personality: Digger is a very happy sort of guy, always quick to quip and joke. He has an all-encompassing love for animals, whether it be scratching them behind the ears or putting one through their head. ("Just jokin', that wud ruin the trophy!") His best friend is Cecil, a tamed Skag and he seems to share a special bond with the disgusting creature. The larger and more dangerous the creature he's tracking the more excited he seems. ("After all, ain' nuffin' more dangerous than a sheila.")
O/O

SheepishRogue

Hey all,

Sorry about the disappearance. I'm still around (sort of), just that my workload increased quite a bit last week :-\ I'm still interested in working on it, but I doubt I'll be able to do anything as interactive as a Vault Hunter, probably just NPC-like support characters (and other such details). I guess that isn't a problem anyway, since some more people expressed their interest. I had 4 Vault Hunters in mind, but if there are that many interested, we could have the hacker be a support-from-a-distance (unless you guys don't care about # of VHs), but that's up to you.

~Sheepish
Skype Available

Angaroo

Name:Dr. Tiffany "The Bass" Canon

Class: Audiophile

Tagline: "Kill them all with sound"

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Special Ability: Bass Cannon - Once Tiff's Boombox is fully charged, she can transform it into a cannon (connected to her media device vis USB) by pressing both play buttons simultaneously.  Once the song or playlist uploads, it's processed through the weapon and the music is compressed into a small stream. The sound is so concentrated in this stream that when the cannon is fired, it produces a white glow, caused by the molecules in the air moving very rapidly. Any enemy unfortunate enough to be caught in the bass are subject to severe burns, deafness, blindness (only if you look directly into the cannon), melting, broken bones, bass-induced vomiting, and total brain failure including, but not limited to, their 'minds turning into goo', as she likes to put it. After the cannon fires, the USB is unhooked, and the cannon transforms back into Tiff's Boombox, taking about a day to charge back up again.

Weapon Specializations: SMG's and Launchers

Weapons
Tiff's Boombox <--- (Picture Link) - When it isn't in Bass Cannon mode, the only thing it is capable of is playing music, which Tiffany does 24/7. It is also capable and durable enough to be used as a melee weapon.

The Volca (That guy's on FIRE!) - A rapid fire, high magazine, medium accuracy and recoil type weapon, mostly used for support and getting teammates from point A to point B. Better accuracy at short to medium ranges or if the user aims down the sights and comes with incendiary rounds, most effective against open skin (or plants).

The Slim Phatty (Multi-Voice richness) - Equipped with a small 3 missile magazine, this helix rocket launcher has a high recoil, a slow loading rate, and a medium fire rate. This launcher has explosive damage (duh!) on it and is effective against machines, heavy armor, or groups of people (and plants again).

Background:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Tiffany's background is an interesting one to say the least. Born into a demanding family, it was her parents will for Tiff to become a doctor. Everyday, they would make her spend hours with a tutor studying, all just to make sure she made it through school with perfect grades. However, she wasn't always perfect. Whenever she would mess something up, she had her music taken away from her, the only thing her parents ever allowed her to listen to/use to get away from the real world.

The truth was, Tiffany really wanted to be a DJ. The thought of her being up on stage in front of thousands performing her music made her excited beyond belief. She even experimented with making some of her own music. However, she couldn't escape the clutches of her parents, who planned on sending her to Gerald University, a college set on the planet of Pandora. When Tiffany got wind of her parents plan, she knew she had to escape before they could send her there. Unfortunately, her parents found out and stopped her before she escaped causing them to take away the only thing she had that was worth anything...her music.

During school, her parents constantly had someone watching her no matter where she went. At this point, it was so ridiculous that she couldn't even shower without being watched. Every night for 6 years she did nothing but study. Studying was her life now...not music. At least, that's what her parents thought. The truth was that everyday, Tiffany had an urge to listen to/create music. Everything she heard was spent analyzing how it could become a melody or a song. It was truly maddening to her and it finally took it's toll on the year of her graduation.

On the night after her graduation at her school's grad party, she had devised a plan to escape without being seen. She knew she was always being followed and watched but since she was so used to seeing her followers, she knew who they were and how they looked. Losing them in the crowd, she hurried to the bathroom, quickly locking the door behind her. As she turned to head for the bathroom window, she was shocked to see her parents almost as they were waiting for her to run in. Turning back around, she realized that the other people who were watching her had blocked her only other way out. Turning slowly back around, she decided that it was time...time to face the music.

At this point, Tiffany was incredibly angry as she stomped her way up to her mother. Filled with all the rage that she had built up for the past 6 years, she gave her mother a strong jab to the side of the head, instantly knocking her out cold. It felt good. But it sounded even better. Tiffany's dad didn't do anything as he continued to stand in the same position as before, seemingly unmoved but what his daughter just did. Not noticing this, Tiffany revved up another punch and made contact with her father's chin, instantly breaking his jaw. Falling to the ground with a grunt, Tiffany's father lay on the ground clutching his chin in pain. Tiffany still wasn't done. Leaning over her father, she bent over and grabbed him by his tie, forcing his face close to hers.

"I know you're mad hon--" He said before taking another punch to his face.

"Honey...please, listen to what I--"

*punch*

"I-I...got you somethin--"

*punch*

*heavy breathing from Tiffany's father*

"...it's...it's in mom's purse...over the--"

*punch*

Wiping the blood off her hand, Tiffany walked over to her mom and turned her over to reveal her purse. Picking it up, she began to look through it and found what she was looking for; a gift box that had been wrapped in green paper, with only the words 'Tiffany' on it. Opening it, she was surprised at what was inside. Her old music player complete with a new set of headphones. This was it, this is what she had been waiting for all these years. Her music...her fix. Quickly plugging the headphones in and turning the device on, she began playing some of her music. Boy did it feel good. Almost orgasmic. She instantly got chills and began to enter a trance. The music felt good. She was back in her fantasy world again.

However, it was short lived when the spy's Tiffany's parents hired came in, curious as to why it was taking so long. Upon finding the bodies, who they assumed were murdered, it didn't take long for people to start calling for security. Having to make a quick get away, Tiffany had to jump out of the window and start running as fast as she could. Which she did. She knew if she stopped, she'd be in big trouble, which probably meant having her beloved music taken away from her. That will never happen again.

The past few years up until the present were the happiest years of Tiffany's life. While scouring the fields of Pandora she came across a boombox that, to her surprise, worked. Now dubbed 'Tiffany's Boombox", she plays music on it 24/7, while she is working or just relaxing. If she needs to be quiet, she plugs her headphones in, but she still refuses to leave her boombox anywhere except her shoulder, claiming it was an 'ancient sacrifice to the music God's". Now Tiffany resides on Andromeda, in a secluded area so she can listen to music, and spends most of her time developing 'music based' devices, such as her Bass Cannon (that she's incredibly proud of).

Personality: If one thing can be said about Tiffany, it's that she is insane. She is a music aficionado and enjoys people who know their music or people who enjoy music in general. She is a very easy person to get along with, although she can be a bit hardheaded at times. She is very vocal, optimistic and constantly speaks her mind openly, sometimes without thinking. Stealth is not her strong suit, so she prefers the 'loud and proud' approach.

Sexual Interests: Heterosexual

Skill 1 and 2,etc.:
Tree One - F@!$ Their S#&! Up! - Upgrades for how much damage, how loud, and how wide the spread is on her Bass Cannon. Also used for some launcher upgrades.

Tree Two - What the F@#! is This?! - Upgrades the Bass Cannon, except instead of damage, this skill tree disorients the enemies and can cause mass confusion. Used for upgrading elemental effects on weapons.

Tree Three - That's the S&*@ I Like! - Another upgrade for the Bass Cannon, except the Cannon's ray is now used to heal team members and to boost moral. When not in Bass Cannon mode, the boombox gives off an AoE affect whenever music is playing that heals a little bit at a time and helps the team feel rejuvenated.

Here's mine! Let me know if there is anything I need to change.  ;D

Revenent

Oops, didn't even notice Rogue had posted. I guess I'll get working on a character, then. Since Cain is already an assault class and Bruce took my prior weapon of choice, I'll probably work on a demolitionist instead. An alchemist of sorts.

ZephySempai

I like the Audiophile O.O

Shit, I like the whole team in general xD

As for Sparx being a VH or not, I'm chillin with the idea of being a helpful co-guide, as well as handling whatever NPCs might need to be handled, just to take some of the workload off Sheepish if its ever needed. Maybe he could join up with the VHs later. That might also be pretty interesting.

Angaroo

Quote from: ZephySempai on June 14, 2013, 01:33:50 PM
Shit, I like the whole team in general xD

I agree as well!  XD

I hope we do eventually get to start though.

Pentagious666

Well my main on BL2 is Zero, however I have grown very attached to the front and forward style of the comando, even though I end up killing from a distance most the time.  I built up so my turret is longbow maglock and bubble shield, soon I will also have two of them.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ZephySempai

My main on BL2 is Zero, and I've got him pimped out to where I can shoot out a brand new decoy with every Action skill melee kill as well as recover my health and shields. On top of that, I have my Girlfriend as a Blight Phoenix/Healer phaselocking and weakening the bigger/faster targets so all my Deception kills are one-hit wonders.

We're an unstoppable two-person squad when it comes to the smaller enemies lol. Constantly healing and supporting each other. I wanna see if those same types of qualities carry over to this Roleplay as well. That'd be pretty cool and interesting.

Revenent

Well, my computer's going to need some repairs, so I won't be able to post a character yet. The one I'm planning on is a female demolitionist who crafts her own explosives and uses a chemical thrower as a default weapon (does no regular bullet damage, but inflicts much stronger versions of elemental weapon effects, so she's kind of a support class). In her off-time, she uses her chemistry more..."recreationally."

Pentagious666

Quote from: ZephySempai on June 16, 2013, 05:40:52 PM
My main on BL2 is Zero, and I've got him pimped out to where I can shoot out a brand new decoy with every Action skill melee kill as well as recover my health and shields. On top of that, I have my Girlfriend as a Blight Phoenix/Healer phaselocking and weakening the bigger/faster targets so all my Deception kills are one-hit wonders.

We're an unstoppable two-person squad when it comes to the smaller enemies lol. Constantly healing and supporting each other. I wanna see if those same types of qualities carry over to this Roleplay as well. That'd be pretty cool and interesting.

I originally went bloodshed as well, but on the second play through I respec'd for cunning/sniping, line'em up and knock'em down, also hunter's mark is a great support tactic.  Ennervate makes it so I regenerate rapidly when I use the action skill and my class mod gives me +5 to unforseen so when I end deception the hologram detonates in a nasty bloom of electricity and death.  my friends play as a mechromancer and I believe the other is working on a psycho...
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Pentagious666

Okay so, I think we need to work on how we met up, that way there is no stupidity like in the last borderlands that I played, I have the Atlas corporation on my ass, what about you guys?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Angaroo

Quote from: Pentagious666 on June 19, 2013, 09:28:25 AM
Okay so, I think we need to work on how we met up, that way there is no stupidity like in the last borderlands that I played, I have the Atlas corporation on my ass, what about you guys?

Yes, I agree as well. I was thinking maybe I work in an abandoned house/clinic in an unnamed town (as of now) as the towns doctor. Then you guys could pick me up while you're passing through or something.

*shrugs*

Just throwing some ideas out there.  ::)

Pentagious666

well I think just like the main characters of BL and BL2 we need to meet up pretown... neh?  I kinda like the idea BL2 had we wind up in the middle of nowhere, and work our way to where we need to be.  Andromeda, so I take it new wildlife, is it another penal colony?
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Wargtass

Bruce Anzac here, ain't in the office for the moment, out doin' sum big game huntin' in the outbacks of this here outback planet. Leaf a message after the roar!

ROOOAAR!

Just wanted to put that out there. I can imagine Digger have saved one or more of you from some great beast and just decided to tag along vault hunting because he's an easily bored fellah. Also, wouldn't it be neat with some jungles for once? I'm a bit tired of the wastelands of Pandora... :P
O/O

Pentagious666

oh aye... a thought, what if we had met on pandora decided it was fer pansies and moved on to andromeda? it would give a great chance for an antagonist to you know crashland us in BFE...
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Angaroo

Quote from: Pentagious666 on June 19, 2013, 11:23:28 PM
well I think just like the main characters of BL and BL2 we need to meet up pretown... neh?  I kinda like the idea BL2 had we wind up in the middle of nowhere, and work our way to where we need to be.  Andromeda, so I take it new wildlife, is it another penal colony?

Yeah, I like this better than meeting each other as we go along. Gotta keep it consistent with the BL style, you know what I mean?  :-)

Quote from: Wargtass on June 20, 2013, 10:55:12 AM
Bruce Anzac here, ain't in the office for the moment, out doin' sum big game huntin' in the outbacks of this here outback planet. Leaf a message after the roar!

ROOOAAR!

Haha, that's AMAZING!  ;D

Quote from: Wargtass on June 20, 2013, 10:55:12 AM
Also, wouldn't it be neat with some jungles for once? I'm a bit tired of the wastelands of Pandora... :P

I also agree 100% with this. It would be nice to have a change in scenery.

Quote from: Pentagious666 on June 20, 2013, 09:34:46 PM
oh aye... a thought, what if we had met on pandora decided it was fer pansies and moved on to andromeda? it would give a great chance for an antagonist to you know crashland us in BFE...

Don't want to sound like a broken record, but I like this! We could start working on doing whatever were on Andromeda for instead of spending time looking for each other and what-not. We could maybe add what history/relation we have with each member of the party to our bio's?

Pentagious666

hell I was thinking we could just write it up in here, any ideas on the trouble you would have gotten into on pandora?
Edit: There was another borderlands game I was playing, and now I have an idea, what if those hunters went bad and tried to take over, so we had to fight and kill them and destroy sanctuary, decided that we should look for a new vault elsewhere and left only to get assailed by _______ and left stranded in the boonies on andromeda, I don't know what rogue wants us to eviscerate, but I think that'd be a terrific start.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Angaroo

Quote from: Pentagious666 on June 21, 2013, 07:39:46 AM
There was another borderlands game I was playing, and now I have an idea, what if those hunters went bad and tried to take over, so we had to fight and kill them and destroy sanctuary, decided that we should look for a new vault elsewhere and left only to get assailed by _______ and left stranded in the boonies on andromeda, I don't know what rogue wants us to eviscerate, but I think that'd be a terrific start.

I could see this working very well. Maybe the other Vault Hunters found a way to utilize eridium to become stronger, but they end up using to much of it and go insane, turning them all evil. We kill them and destroy Sanctuary, which was their base of operation, and discover the location of a new vault on Andromeda. I also like the idea of a 'Jack' type antagonist. You know, a person who tries to screw us over again and again, sometimes succeeding (RIP Bloodwing) but we manage to beat him/her in the end (Possibly one of the insane vault hunters?).  So as for who's after us, that's up for debate but I think that what we have so far is good.  ^-^

Pentagious666

Quote from: Angaroo on June 22, 2013, 01:06:14 AM
I could see this working very well. Maybe the other Vault Hunters found a way to utilize eridium to become stronger, but they end up using to much of it and go insane, turning them all evil. We kill them and destroy Sanctuary, which was their base of operation, and discover the location of a new vault on Andromeda. I also like the idea of a 'Jack' type antagonist. You know, a person who tries to screw us over again and again, sometimes succeeding (RIP Bloodwing) but we manage to beat him/her in the end (Possibly one of the insane vault hunters?).  So as for who's after us, that's up for debate but I think that what we have so far is good.  ^-^

I was the hunter in borderlands, I had built myself up to the point i rarely had to use guns... that was MY bird that jack killed, ya know?  oh and love how you didn't mention roland, lol.

I think this works real well and should keep the party together.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Angaroo

Pentagious666

Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

SteelZephyr

Ah dammit. You managed to get me to break my "one game at a time" rule with this one. *shakes fist*

If there's room left, I'd prefer a vault hunter. Failing that, maybe I could be someone similar to Scooter. Except, y'know, not quite so annoying.

Pentagious666

or sexually obsessed with his obese cousin? that was frightening.  C'mon let's "CATCH A RIIIIDE" and get going on the andromeda thing.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Pentagious666

I hate double posting.... DON'T DIE ON MEEEEEEEE!!!! Someone anyone say something!
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Wargtass

As long as we don't hear from the author of the topic it won't matter if we post until our fingers fall off. This thing will continue to die until she does.

Dark way of looking at it, but such is the reality I'm afraid.  ;D
O/O

Pentagious666

I know warg, and a player not posting is what killed ME as well.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Wargtass

Well that is what matters once the game starts. Right now we need our fearless GM to find the time to start us up.
O/O