Before We Part [The Last Semester] - Slice of Life HS Rp| LGBTQ+ Friendly

Started by Lady Sakura, September 21, 2017, 09:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Dhi on November 11, 2017, 01:37:47 AM
I'm interested in jumping in, how would you advise a new player?

Honestly, think of what you want to play and write it up. We have so many active players and tons of active cliques - jocks, popular kids, skater kids, nerds. The only things I'd say are stuff I'd say for any game which I know you know already. :)

Awesome to see you interested by the way. :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Crash

Dhi!  Really glad you decided to come check us out.

We have a couple of scenes like the pep rally for the girl's basketball team (gymnasium thread)  that are pretty easy places to drop a character in and meet some characters.  There is an open scene for some volunteer work too.

There has been talk of a school play for Drama and/or Choir kids.

Mostly I have just pm'ed some players I thought would be friends with mine and boom instant scenes.  I don't think I have been turned down for a scene yet.  People have been willing to work with me on intimate and non-intimate plotting.

I write this thing up a little while ago.  It was more for fun, but here are some things going on.

This week on Before We Part…

A pep rally for the Lady Crows basketball team has been interrupted by a mysterious mascot running amuck.  Taking that distraction as an opportunity Emily has decided to approach her secret crush the star power forward and captain of the Basketball team Tasha Tate, what will she say?  Who is the man behind the mascot?  Will the ratio of annoyed un-spirited student body be overtaken by the few vocal fans of the Lady Crows?  (Certainly a great place for a new character to jump in and get involved)

Speaking of Emily.  Who is the person she is thinking about asking to the Winter Formal?  Tasha?  Avalon?  Someone else?

A group of students has gathered at the statepark to hang out and be with friends.  Domino has challenged Iggy to a rail grind.  Will he succeed, will his dog Lugnut steal the scene and will Amira get her money shot?  Will Nadia and Domino keep their secret or will they admit to the world how they feel? (Open scene I believe)

Speaking of Amira, she is getting an eye full of local semi-celebrity and surfer boy Max Ericsson in a photo shoot for the school newspaper.  How with the shy Amira handle the hunky surfer and will she ever get out of the shadow of her sister Kioko who certainly has her eyes on Eli.  Is Eli playing it cool or just being oblivious?

Hennie and Big Head (Miles) have been getting much closer, but is there trouble on the horizon?  A new guy or girl that might upset Highland High’s favorite couple? Maybe setting up the community work at the Animal Shelter will keep her occupied. (Open Scene)

Pamala has continued her torturous ways, tormenting fellow students and rival basketball players alike.  She seems awfully cozy with her fellow teammates though.  It is just sportsmanship or is there something more?  Is a busted date night with her teammate Simone going to soften her up or harden her even more?  What is so bad in Vitoria’s past that caused Simone’s dad to force her away from her friend?  Were they friends?  (RedPhoenix loves bullying characters with Pamela who is also very much in denial about being bi).

We have some returning faces to Highland High.  Mission Langley, wiccan, smoker and occasional nudist (Hey it is in her background as a shame) and Oliver Timmons, nerd, honors student and track dude are back. (Bibliophilia is back!)

All of this leading up to the Winter Formal and we still have no idea who is going with whom!  This and so much more on this weeks’ episode of Before We Part. (I don’t think anyone has paired up for the Formal but I am not 100% sure)

Sorry I know Maize and Avalon and Maize and Daniel, Tristan and Jessie all have stuff going on too, but I think most of that stuff was pretty closed.  They all look like awesome characters to tie into too though.

Disclaimer: Not any one story or plot is more important than others and I am sorry if I missed you in the synopsis.  I have not been able to keep up with everything, but I think this is a decent spread and meant to be fun.

As my characters go.  They are all free for connections of all types and none are currently dating anyone so lets plot!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Dhi

Crash, that's super helpful, thank you! And thank you Red, you're too kind.

Navigating the large cast of characters and all their interconnections is intimidating. Right now I'm perusing the sheets for some context to it. I know the character I want to write, and I'm paying attention to the other Asian characters with the idea that some of us might be drawn together by neighborhood or temple or cultural touchstone. That's something I'd like to explore more than clubs.

Crash

You’re welcome.  I think a lot of the connections are still pretty loose.

We could use an updated character sheet thread.  Some players have never been active but that does happen in games.  Sakkie and Untamed have been busy with the sudden success of the game.

Heartsink

Quote from: Dhi on November 11, 2017, 02:29:08 AMNavigating the large cast of characters and all their interconnections is intimidating.

Something I do to find my way through is to select the [All] option to show all pages in one in the character sheets thread, and then use my browser's search box (ctrl+f) with keywords to find connections more easily, for example using the keyword "football" to see who's connected to football, "cheerleader", etc.)

Quote from: Dhi on November 11, 2017, 02:29:08 AMI know the character I want to write, and I'm paying attention to the other Asian characters with the idea that some of us might be drawn together by neighborhood or temple or cultural touchstone. That's something I'd like to explore more than clubs.

One of my characters, Feng, isn't in any clubs, if you want to discuss connections, I'm all ears. For instance, as you mentioned they could live in the same neighborhood, same block or even be neighbors in a more Asian area of the city. Parents could be friends from when they first arrived in the country if your characters' parents are first-gen immigrants like Feng's. Religious connection could work as well, but I had in mind Feng and his family would be non-religious or non-practicing, like the majority of Chinese Americans.

Relikai

I'm always up for cultural connections with Yuria, friendly connections can be established a year before the RP starts  :-)

Swashbuckler

Lady Sakura

Welcome and thank you for checking us out Dhi!

Yes, large casts can be incredibly overwhelming and it sounds like you do have an idea for a character. Checking out a bit of them can help you with character creation, though it sounds like you already have something in mind. I would say worry about connections later and focus on the character you'd love to play. The rest will fall into place once you jump in, everyone is very friendly and willing to help guide you in.

Currently the game is still on the first 2 weeks of Jan 2017. 

Also, there is a sign up table in the cafe led by Kokaine and Hyacinth for volunteer work at a local animal shelter so that's something else your character can participate in.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask ^.^

Crash

I am still looking for connections, friends, enemies, ex-girlfriends...etc...for Vitoria "Tori" Carvalho

Flower

Quote from: Hyacinth on October 16, 2017, 05:07:27 AM
Personally, I'm interested in a friend and love interest for Francis. I know that might be aiming too high but gotta try! If interested, don't be afraid to reach out!

Still opens.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

I'm very glad, For seeing this RP get Big Game status, congratulations! And, happy, I get for playing, a little, in original game.

This RP, it still moves too fast, for me though. But I hope everyone playing, has the amazing times.  :-)

Flower

Hey! Honestly, the pace truly depends on your co-writers. I'm not the fastest writer... usually...and people are pretty understanding. There are still folks willing to write with me. I just wanted to mention that. (^^)

Lady Sakura

Quote from: Hyacinth on November 14, 2017, 11:51:26 AM
Hey! Honestly, the pace truly depends on your co-writers. I'm not the fastest writer... usually...and people are pretty understanding. There are still folks willing to write with me. I just wanted to mention that. (^^)

+1 this (Hyacinth's posts are always worth the wait)

My butt has been insanely slow too due to school. Everyone here is so patient and understanding. I'm sure they'd wait for you.

Plus the holidays are coming up so I'm sure things will slow down soon.

JaredSyn

Still looking for some Rockers or musicians that might know Ian.

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Quote from: Hyacinth on November 14, 2017, 11:51:26 AM

Quote from: Lady Sakura on November 14, 2017, 11:57:45 AM
+1 this (Hyacinth's posts are always worth the wait)

My butt has been insanely slow too due to school. Everyone here is so patient and understanding. I'm sure they'd wait for you.

Plus the holidays are coming up so I'm sure things will slow down soon.

Thank you, I think about this, then. I don't know where my old character Jenna, she fits in this new game? But maybe, I find her spot.

Crash

My partners have posted anywhere from multiple times a day to once a month in the game.  I am good with all posting speeds.

Flower

Still open for new peoples. >.>

A few characters in game need some connections. My Francis is one of them. Tasha is another! Don't be afraid to reach out. I know it seems super huge but there's a way to find your place in the game. :)

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Kaia

~ Who cares what and who we are as long as we no longer break ~

Crash

Still characters available for connected.  Lots of wonderful writers.

Heartsink

A lot of RP potential everywhere, many clubs, teams, characters need members or connections :-)

Joining at this point in the RP shouldn't scare anyone possibly interested by this game, everything is still in early development for most characters

Flower

Crash

Crash

Previously, on the fall finale of Before We Part….

Elisa and Iggy are “taking a break” but we all know what that means.  Will the queen of the school have another man on her arm for the Winter Formal?  Speaking of the Paparazzi it looks like Zach has been stepping out on Kacie with the delightful art nerd Quinn, but it appears juggling two women at once might have been too much for the star football stud when Kaiden spotted Zach and Quinn on a date.  One fateful phone call later and Zach was left along with his lunch.  Could this have something to do with that little smooch Kaiden shared with Kacie and what will Kacie do when she finds out Zach had been cheating on her?

Drama in the drama club as Adalyn and Romina clashed dragging new member Feng into their manipulative game that might have gone too far.  Did Adalyn’s kiss have something to do with the steamy night Romina had with LGBTQ President Kayla? 

Poor Feng was just trying to impress a girl, Elise, who had confessed her interest in Emily only weeks before but a scared Emily played off her interest.  With Emily out of the picture Elise asked Feng to the formal. 

Karaoke night brought new revelations as Emily sang her coming out only to have it posted all over social media and led to a falling out with Elise and a near brawl between Max and the dude bros the next day when Jimmy started spreading more rumors about Emily.  Sending a distraught Emily in the arms of her friends.

The Highland High Crows brought home their first league trophy in school history and celebrated with a bonfire party at the beach where Max and Karisma shared a dance on the sand.  Elise pulled Emily aside and apologies turned into passion, but what’s going to happen at prom when Emily and Feng via for Elise’s attentions.

At a Winter Formal decoration meeting sparks ignited between Avalon and Eun-Ae and what was going on with Roxy and Kayla a little spark there too?   Will Max ever decide on who to take?  All of this is leading up to the Highland High Winter formal tonight on….

Before We Part