Dungeons & Dragons System Game [Discussable tags] - Tag discussion

Started by Machete, November 15, 2009, 01:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Brandon

Looks like its up to me then. Let me make my intentions clear though, the reason why I offered was to teach scorp the ropes of being a DM. Its a rare and beautiful thing when a new DM comes around and asks for training but that said, to train someone how to DM means to throw them into the lions den. He will have to be an active participant in the creation of a setting, bringing the party together, controlling NPCs, and designing the adventures. Im not going to lie, Im a hard ass and being a DM is usually a thankless job that takes a lot of your time up but if hes willing to learn from the get go Im willing to teach. If not, well to be honest I have little interest in running another game (especially considering how dead Netherwind chronicles seems to be lately)

Alright, intentions out of the way now I have to give a warning to the potential players. Im a tough but fair DM. I dont pull punches, I play opponents to their full intelligence and capabilities, and Im never afraid to kill a character if it means story and/or PC character development. The good news is, I tend to run all of my games in a player driven format. I'll offer adventures here and there but theres almost never any reason why the PCs have to do them. In short you have choices in my games.

If youre still reading this then that means I didnt scare you off, which is good. Table top to online transitions are always a bit difficult, in a table top game you likely play with people you know pretty well and you know why they play. Thats harder to learn in an online format though, so to avoid the same mistake I made with Netherwind Chronicles, what I would like from each player is a little essay, maybe a paragraph long or longer if it needs to be, explaining what they want out of the game and what kind of themes they enjoy. This will help me tailor a game to you guys so it fits like a custom suit rather then a pair of MC hammer pants
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Ixy

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 17, 2009, 08:12:03 PM
Poor Ixy!  ^_^
Poor-ah, pooooor-ah pussycat, non?  Just don't have all the fun without me.

Thanks for the heads-up, Brandon.  Just in case you don't get enough applicants, I'll work on a response to your reqest.  Got a deadline, teach *grin*?

Brandon

The next two or three days should be enough time, if people cant make a deadline by say Friday they can PM me with a good reason
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

GrinningHound

MzNurse

QuoteIf youre still reading this then that means I didnt scare you off, which is good. Table top to online transitions are always a bit difficult, in a table top game you likely play with people you know pretty well and you know why they play. Thats harder to learn in an online format though, so to avoid the same mistake I made with Netherwind Chronicles, what I would like from each player is a little essay, maybe a paragraph long or longer if it needs to be, explaining what they want out of the game and what kind of themes they enjoy. This will help me tailor a game to you guys so it fits like a custom suit rather then a pair of MC hammer pants

you know...I really like this idea. I mean really really like it. Kudos to you. Okay... now to my paragraph.

What do I want from this game? A game. I mean a serious game, not a let's pretend we're playing and just have sex game. Don't get me wrong, sex has its place in DnD, but it's not the entire game. I'd like to see just as much role play as roll play, as I'm one that firmly believes that characters that know each well tend to fight better together, regardless of die rolls. Character interaction, to me, is just as important (and sometimes more fun) than killing monsters. I like games that can take you from laughing at each other in one scene to being tense and nervous in another, and if 2 characters get along great or 2 of them can't stand each other, that just sweetens the pot, right?
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

GrinningHound

If only I could decide who I want to play....

Do I want to be a zany intense character like I normally do?  Probably, I tend to develop them and love them the most.

But what freakin' class!  I'm torn between dwarven fighter, human paladin or knight or fighter, a transmuter, a chameleon....maybe a rogue.  -_-  Ranger?  :P

Oh but I have this great cleric idea....

Grrr.....