The Sea Wolves

Started by HairyHeretic, June 22, 2015, 07:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julles

Quote from: HairyHeretic on June 30, 2015, 04:46:00 PM
Magnhild looks good as well. What sort of military force does she belong to though? A mercenary company? Standing army? Chivalrous order?

I actually wasn't sure. Maybe just a standing army? What'd you think?

And I will be posting it to the character page. But, is there any personalizing that we can do with the coloring and such??

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: HairyHeretic on June 30, 2015, 04:46:00 PM

Captain Sulla looks good. Does she look up to anyone named Cain by any chance? ;)

like a puppydog

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Julles on June 30, 2015, 04:54:42 PM
I actually wasn't sure. Maybe just a standing army? What'd you think?

Any of the ideas I suggested would be workable. Do you have any preference?

And I will be posting it to the character page.

Cool.

But, is there any personalizing that we can do with the coloring and such??

I'm not quite sure I know what you mean?

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on June 30, 2015, 05:01:32 PM
like a puppydog

Wonderful series :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

HairyHeretic

So, the following characters have fully joined the story

Raiders:
Brev the Wolf - Ulfhednar scout
Ragnar Stormtossed - Huskarl / Skeppare (Ship Captain)
Thorgrim Thoralfrson - Thane of the Crag Isle

City folk:
Arren Ironskin - Mercenary
Inanna of the Amonian Temple - Priestess
Jenit Sulla - Captain, City Guard
Magnhild 'Mag' Ylvania - Military officer

but there's still plenty of room yet.

The night is dark and the fog is rolling in from the sea, blanketing Winterhaven's streets and muffling sight and sound alike. Who will be abroad on a night that will be unlike any seen in years?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

The raiders are spilling through the city, seeking blood and plunder. Paths are being crossed and destinies forged, but we still have plenty of opportunities for new folks to join.

The story is still in fairly early stages, and new players are more than welcome,

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Sara Nilsson

yupp come join us for fun and adventure. men.. women.. small furry creatures named bob.. all are welcome..

cept bob.. bob is an asshole.. fuck you bob!

Max

Name:  Jeviare "Jevi" Sampson
Species:  Human
Sexuality:  Heterosexual

Appearance:  Jeviare has a fit figure, not afraid to get her hands dirty.  To help out getting the caravans loaded out.  Standing 5'6" tall, with ample breasts and nice curves.  Light brown hair that can reaches down to her shoulder blades.  Pale blue eyes.  A small birthmark on her lower right calf, otherwise, her skin is flawless.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/File:Jevi.jpg

Gear:  Jevi has a good quality short sword and dagger that she carries when  traveling .  She wears the best clothing that she can buy, recognizing that she is an advertisement for the family company.  She always wears a silver necklace with a gold emblem of the family crest, coins atop a bolt of cloth.

Special Talents:  Jevi was blessed with a very good sense of money and how to make it.  She is a fair cook, seamstress, able to keep a house in good order.  She has a rudimentary skill in the use of a sword, dagger, and bow.

History:  Jeviare was born the youngest daughter into a wealthy merchant family from the city of Nazarre.  Her brother Kavin would be away for weeks or months at a time on end selling the family's wares.  As she grew older, she developed an intense interest in the affairs of the company.  Allowed to look at the family books, she found numerous errors, making an increase in the family fortune.  While Kavin was the face of the family, she was the one that looked into the deals for any irregularities.  As well watching the books, a task that Kaven found tedious.

After much cajoling, Jevi was allowed to accompany a few of the caravens, getting a taste of travel.  Which she was not fond of, but continues to do so, to help the family fortune grow.  She travelled to Winterhaven to be there for her brother's wedding, to meet with her new sister-in-law.  Before returning to Nazarre, for her own wedding in six months.

Sexual Ons:  Same as player.
Sexual Offs:  Same as player.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

HairyHeretic

The raid is over, the longships carrying plunder and slaves sweeping off into the dawn. A storm has come up and scattered the fleet, several ships finding themselves driven up on a strange shore. Might there be other survivors from some of the other ships lying on the beach nearby?

If anyone is interested in joining us, raider or former town folk, now's a good opportunity to slip easily into the story.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

We're preparing to move into the next chapter of the story, and fresh players are always welcome. Raiders and townsfolk, perhaps even some other poor unfortunate washed up from the storm.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HopeFox

I was just playing Viking Conquest earlier tonight, and I love Vikings (the show), so I would definitely love to get in on this!

Depending on whether there is a need for more raiders or slaves at the moment, I would love to play either a young raider who's getting his feet (and axe) wet for the first time, or a slave determined to make the best of a bad situation.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

HairyHeretic

Either would work. Do you have a strong preference towards one over the other? We could probably use slaves more than raiders.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Caela

This looks very interesting. When you say you are about to start the next chapter, are your raiders about to go out and raid again, or are you starting another event within the raiders home territory?

Tackyhillbilly

I might be interested. Would a Vitki have a place? Being a Wiseman of the Sea appeals (especially if he get some of the plunder.)

HopeFox

Quote from: HairyHeretic on November 09, 2015, 12:23:48 PM
Either would work. Do you have a strong preference towards one over the other? We could probably use slaves more than raiders.

I'll go with a slave, then. Someone clever and pretty but with limited prospects in her old home, who might be able to take advantage of this sudden change of position and come out on top, if she's very lucky.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Caela on November 10, 2015, 01:28:02 AM
This looks very interesting. When you say you are about to start the next chapter, are your raiders about to go out and raid again, or are you starting another event within the raiders home territory?

Not quite.

Currently they're here

having been driven and scattered by a bad storm. Most of the ships are going to head off, leaving one behind, which has repairs to complete.

Before it leaves, scouts find this

and that's where the next part of the story will take place.

Quote from: Tackyhillbilly on November 10, 2015, 01:36:40 AM
I might be interested. Would a Vitki have a place? Being a Wiseman of the Sea appeals (especially if he get some of the plunder.)

Yep, that should work. We might need to discuss specific abilities mind you.

Quote from: HopeFox on November 10, 2015, 04:41:19 AM
I'll go with a slave, then. Someone clever and pretty but with limited prospects in her old home, who might be able to take advantage of this sudden change of position and come out on top, if she's very lucky.

Cool. Feel free to hop over to the OOC thread and we can talk more there.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Tackyhillbilly

Should I message you on YIM, so we can knock out the specifics that way, Hairy?

HairyHeretic

I'm almost never on IM. PM here, or in the OOC thread, either of those should work fine.

Cattle die, kinsmen die