Mass Effect: Club Deep Blue (Interest Check for freeform game in ME setting)

Started by NileGoddess, August 11, 2016, 05:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NileGoddess

Club Deep Blue

Image source: achibner

Plot and Setting

Club Deep Blue is the hottest exotic entertainment center in the Crescent Nebula. Located in Nos Astra on Illium, a planet where anything can be legal, it hosts some of the sexiest dancers, popular bands, and wildest parties this side of the galaxy. Provided you can get inside, you can explore your most forbidden vices: sex, alcohol, drugs, or a side of 'azure'. Whether you are a mercenary between jobs, on shore leave, or a tired exec in need of some release, Deep Blue has anything you desire, and most of it legal. Take a hallex and lose yourself in the music, or if you're feeling up for something little harder, take a shot of ryncol and chase it with a line of red sand from a dancer's sumptuous ass.

The club is owned and run by an asari matriarch, Illarya T'Shana. For almost a millennium, she has probed deep into the world of sex and vice, working as a dominatrix. Deep Blue is her latest business venture, and has so far been insanely popular and profitable.

This game takes place in the Mass Effect setting, between the events of the first and second game. Humanity has made its mark on the galactic community and have a place on the Citadel Council, though are still seen as an aggressive, ambitious race. The game is focused around a hot new club that prominently features asari as well as an interesting new addition: human dancers. The club itself is owned and operated legally by T'Shana, though visiting patrons don't necessarily have to be law abiding citizens of Nos Astra. Additional locations may be opened as needed.

The plots may vary; since this takes place at an upscale nightclub, there is plenty of room for inter-performer drama and competition, violence, and sex, and Illium is a world teeming with danger and corruption. Full plot details will be discussed OOC.

Characters

The game is open to a variety of characters. Any species is open, and players are free to pursue relationships and developments as they see fit. Scenes will be up to player discretion, though I'd like to keep scenes broad and general enough to include everyone. While sex will be a factor, I'm looking for more of a plot-based game at this point. Come with ideas; there will be open discussion on scenes.

Types of characters needed:

• Working girls, whether they enjoy working in the club, or do it out of necessity.
  • Club patrons who enjoy the club simply for recreation.
  • Unsavory types who cause trouble or use the club as a medium for illegal activities.

Image source: Olivia Ward

Rules and Requirements (MUST READ)

A fair amount of knowledge of the Mass Effect setting and lore is highly desired. I would like this to be fairly immersive and accurate to the setting. Being at least familiar with the series is preferable, if you are willing to back up your knowledge with a bit of research or discussion. There are wikis with ample amount of information, and I can field questions as well. I will also organize various information/resource threads.

Posting Rules

• No god-modding. Communicate with players before taking liberties. Communication is highly encouraged.
  • A post header will be required on all in-game posts, with an avatar. If you need help with images, ask NileGoddess before making a game post.
  • Game threads are for game posts only; no OOC remarks or notes, spoiler tags, or quoted text.
  • The OOC is for planning only. No foreplay or in-character banter, and try to refrain from extended idle chatter or off topic conversation
  • Once you are an approved player, please refrain from posting in the interest check.
Post expectation is 1 post every 1-2 weeks at the minimum.

Writing Rules

• Dialogue must be contained within "double quotes". No bold text.
  • Internal dialogue or thoughts must be italicized.
  • No colored fonts.
  • As mentioned before, no OOC sidenotes, spoiler tags, or quoted forum text in game posts.
  • Posts must be written in past tense, third person.
  • Posts where you simply leave your character 'open' without planning ahead with someone will not be allowed.

Character Template and Requirements

Character Requirements

• Deep Blue girls/performers must be either asari (maidens) or human.
  • All other characters may be any other race.
  • No synthetic characters.
  • Human character images must be of real people (ie, no artwork).

Note: No canon characters from any of the Mass Effect games/books/comics are allowed. Characters and scenes may explore the idea of sexual interaction with non-human/near-human beings.

[float=left][img padding=5](Character Image URL here)[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b] (First name and last name)

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b]

[b]Sexual Preferences:[/b] (Can also include kinks/fetishes.)

[b]Appearance:[/b] (Written description)

[b]Personality:[/b] (How they act on a day-to-day basis or with other people, and other personality quirks.)

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

la dame en noir

Funnily enough, I know exactly where that cosplay photo was taken and some of the girls who take part in it! lol

I'm excited.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

HopeFox

I do really love the Mass Effect setting! I think I'd like to play a quarian on his or her pilgrimage, working for the club in a technical capacity. They'd be willing to do almost anything for the money they need to complete their journey, opening them up to plenty of plot opportunities.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Lustful Bride

I am trapped in Mass Effect Hell. And im not sure I want to get out.

*has no idea if I want to play a dancer or a female Bouncer who lusts after some of the dancers*

I wonder what kinks Humanity has enlightened our alien bretheren with. Probably Cheerleaders, maybe cosplay.

NileGoddess

Quote from: HopeFox on August 13, 2016, 12:05:59 AM
I do really love the Mass Effect setting! I think I'd like to play a quarian on his or her pilgrimage, working for the club in a technical capacity. They'd be willing to do almost anything for the money they need to complete their journey, opening them up to plenty of plot opportunities.

I think a quarian could fill a lot of roles, even if they aren't entirely technical.

HopeFox

Quote from: NileGoddess on August 13, 2016, 04:14:24 PM
I think a quarian could fill a lot of roles, even if they aren't entirely technical.

Oh, definitely! They'd probably fill in serving drinks and stuff sometimes. I like the idea of handling lights and sound and stuff, as a way to interact with the dancers without actually being one (since a quarian exotic dancer wouldn't make much sense).
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Lustful Bride

Quote from: HopeFox on August 13, 2016, 04:55:56 PM
Oh, definitely! They'd probably fill in serving drinks and stuff sometimes. I like the idea of handling lights and sound and stuff, as a way to interact with the dancers without actually being one (since a quarian exotic dancer wouldn't make much sense).

I remember I saw somewhere a design for a Quarian suit which allowed them to be naked but hugged the flesh very closely, like one large condom suit really :P Though it still required the helmet.