Upgraded firefox now can not upload pics to photobucket

Started by Sasha, July 13, 2010, 06:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasha

Okay I got no idea what is going on ...believe it all happened when I updated Firefox to 3.6.3  but I can no longer upload photos to my photobucket album . I can upload using explorer ...but that is just annoying to open up a separate browser or whatever its called.

under tools ...options ...I did have pop-ups blocked cause they annoy me . But had in the exceptions listed photobucket as an exception .

I have since went back and unmarked it allowing the blasted pop-ups to just come up ...grumbles . Still I can not get the pictures to load .

When I go to the Error Console ...I find this ...whatever it means have no clue .

Error: Permission denied for <http://as.casalemedia.com> to call method Location.toString on <http://s5.photobucket.com>.

So not wanting to look stupid or anything , I have looked this thing over a few times ..but have decided to see if any of my fellow E members had any Clue as to how to help me .

Willing to pay for advice in hugs and kisses ....

Sasha

MagicalPen

Try uninstallng Firefox and then download a fresh copy.

It worked for me when Gmail would automatically open into Calendar (for some reason) when ever I wanted to check my gmail. Gmail worked fine in IE, so I figured it was a Mozilla issue. Sure enough, deleting/installing did the trick.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Paradox

This happened to me as well, but there's a way around it. Underneath the big green button that says Upload Images and Videos, look for a line that says "Use our bulk uploader: upload multiple files, fast". For some reason, using the bulk uploader allows you to upload pictures that the normal uploader denies. Let me know if it works, since I think it's the same problem I was having until I discovered the bulk uploader.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Oniya

I know that casalemedia is responsible for many of the pop-up ads.  Maybe try blocking just that provider?  I'm thinking that might allow photobucket to do whatever pop-ups it wants to through non-ad sources and block the host that's causing the error.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

I am curious which version of windows you have. I am using win7 and had initial trouble with the adobe flash and Java not working. But I have had no problem with popups since installing adblocker plus for Firefox. I think to make everything work properly I had to remove the ad ons to Firefox before reinstalling Firefox.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Sasha

Quote from: Oreo on July 14, 2010, 03:52:11 AM
I am curious which version of windows you have. I am using win7 and had initial trouble with the adobe flash and Java not working. But I have had no problem with popups since installing adblocker plus for Firefox. I think to make everything work properly I had to remove the ad ons to Firefox before reinstalling Firefox.

I am using .... ..Windows XP ... Professional Version , because Vista ..well lets not talk about the issue list I have with that system .  Not had a chance to look over win7 yet . Checking out that Adblock plus add on you spoke about ...going to uninstall and reinstall but that looks pretty interesting indeed.

Quote from: Oniya on July 13, 2010, 10:11:14 AM
I know that casalemedia is responsible for many of the pop-up ads.  Maybe try blocking just that provider?  I'm thinking that might allow photobucket to do whatever pop-ups it wants to through non-ad sources and block the host that's causing the error.

It gives the same error line ...just changes to whatever site the current silly advertising pop-up is on the page .

Quote from: Paradox on July 13, 2010, 08:34:27 AM
This happened to me as well, but there's a way around it. Underneath the big green button that says Upload Images and Videos, look for a line that says "Use our bulk uploader: upload multiple files, fast". For some reason, using the bulk uploader allows you to upload pictures that the normal uploader denies. Let me know if it works, since I think it's the same problem I was having until I discovered the bulk uploader.

I did look at that bulk loader once ...seemed complicated , took awhile to load ...though might try that and see if it does any better .

Quote from: Eeyore on July 13, 2010, 06:37:34 AM
Try uninstallng Firefox and then download a fresh copy.

It worked for me when Gmail would automatically open into Calendar (for some reason) when ever I wanted to check my gmail. Gmail worked fine in IE, so I figured it was a Mozilla issue. Sure enough, deleting/installing did the trick.

Seriously hate this solution Eeyore my love ....but you most likely might be right . Will move here first see if it was just an error in downloading that maybe they fixed . Since when i went to click on the help button others were complaining about uploading pics to ebay upon upgrading as well . So maybe it is just a silly little glitch and they fixed it already . 

Smiles and walks of grumbling ....

Thank-you all for your suggestions ...hugs and kisses .... I be back to tell if reinstalling it works .