Silvermoor: Tales from the Lost City RP (one on one adventure extravaganza!)

Started by LookingGlass, May 14, 2021, 02:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LookingGlass

Welcome!
Welcome to the interest thread for the Silvermoor: Tales from the Lost City RP! A tldr for busy folk: Two super powered agents of a security force have to solve mysteries, fight crime and uncover a  growing conspiracy in a city populated exclusively by super powered people. Genre: Action/Mystery/Thriller

Below you will find everything you need to know about the (loose) plot, setting and a bit of lore to help contextualize things. I hope you enjoy the read! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send me a PM or post to the thread. And of course if you are interested in being my RP partner for this story, PM me or post to the thread.

The Altered: The Altered are people who have gained or inherited unnatural powers and have for generations lived in Silvermoor. The power level of these abilities varies widely and also can have significant impact on the physical appearance of those changed. In more extreme cases, some do not altogether appear humanoid. So, basically feel free to have fun with your character's ability and appearance.

The Plot: The city of Silvermoor is known as a safe haven for the altered population. It was located, designed and built to exist almost completely autonomously and separate from the world which had become fearful of the altered. So long as the city stood, the Altered were guaranteed the freedom to live lives most fulfilled. But like with any metropolis, crime became was unavoidable. In response to the growing criminal element, a security agency was created to maintain order and to enforce the laws of Silvermoor. Though it was initially proposed that the agency would be outsourced from military and private contractors, it quickly became clear that only the Altered stood a chance against their fellow Altered. And so as the Altered were now charged with their own protection, Silvermoor became more isolated than it had ever been and soon it was almost completely forgotten by the outside world. It is within this setting that our story begins.

The Setting: Silvermoor is a modern and deceptively large metropolis. On the surface, the city is divided into several districts depending upon the primary functionality. Business, trade, commercial, residential and so on. However, the city is also divided under different lines. Those which run along the underbelly of Silvermoor, carved into the streets like a patchwork of scar tissue. Though it often goes unspoken, the shining metropolis shoulders the weight of the ambitions of gangs and criminal organizations which have fought over territory and established themselves in various districts.

As a final note, the city limits are contained within towering walls which are manned 24 hours a day to prevent Altered from leaving.

Lore:It's said that the night that changed everything was some five hundred years ago. Those who remember it said that the night sky was filled with the light of long dead stars and what appeared to be the Moon. It soon became clear that as the Moon, which had been until that night so familiar in it's far-away place, steadily became larger that it might not be the Moon at all. The streets filled with people awe struck by the approaching sphere, the night sky banished by the silvery-blue light that radiated from its center. Then as it seemed that the sphere would come crashing down upon them, it cracked and shattered as if struck at the center, falling away to reveal the night sky once more. The shards disappeared into the darkness like shooting stars and were buried into the earth. And while the impact initially went unnoticed, as time went on, The Change would go on to shape the world that we live in for generations to come.

Spectre Pathfinder

This sounds really interesting.
Could I play a character that is a recent arrival, as in only recently developed their powers and arrived? Real fish out of water type. Maybe even the small-town girl coming to the big city.

What kind of technology is there?

Mintea

This is right up my alley and I'm super interested! I have a few ideas for an OC and would love to talk about characters and plot ideas with you!