The chosen ones (Buffy/Angel alternate universe setting) Recruiting

Started by Thesunmaid, June 10, 2018, 03:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elf

This looks very interesting. Thanks to GaGa I already have a half incubus just needing to be put into the correct CS.

Well anyway here's my guy.

Name: Dominic Reynolds
Canon or original: Original
Species: Half human, half Courtesan Demon
Powers:
Feeds on living life force in the form of sexual energy through sexual encounters.

Has very potent and active pheromones, meaning anybody that would be sexually attracted to a male will be more likely to find him attractive and become aroused when he is nearby.

Hypnotic affect: It's not mind control but he can influence people with this power, add his pheromones in and he can be nearly irresistible sexually, most people will quite happily do whatever he asks of them.

Alter form, he can alter his appearance to appear human. He currently only has one human form.

Flight, only in his true form though.

Being half demon he also is a bit more durable than a pure human would and is quite graceful and stronger. He is nowhere close to vampires or slayers though. He does get stronger after feeding, the stronger the life force the more powerful he gets, as well as healing.

He is a skilled and talented dancer.

He loves modern technology and has learned quite a bit on how it works. He's a decent hacker and programmer, is a wiz with data bases, data mining, and creating webpages.

On's and off's list: My Preferences

Brief Background:

Being a free spirit Dominic does not work anywhere on a regular basis. Currently his main source of income is dancing, erotic dancing to be precise. As you can imagine he is very good at getting large tips from the audience. There however at just one club he works at and does not work on a fixed schedule. Typically he will call a club saying wants to perform in a few days to a week, this gives them time to let their customers know he will be there. He has managed to develop a bit of a following.

He supplements that income with occasionally seducing women, and at rare times men, that have excess cash. He never comes right out and asks for money from any of these people, but hints that he may be a bit low. He always makes it seem like it is their idea to gift him with some of that excess money. He never takes more than they can afford to give.

In more recent times he has begun using his tech skills to make some money. After all he is half human and does not know how long his looks and charm will be able to carry him. So he is working on getting away from relying on that.

Not long after Angel came to LA though his seducing of the wealthy got him into a bit of trouble and he needed the help of the newly formed Angel Investigations to get him out of it. That was when he met Cordy and they became friends. Since then he has helped Angel where he could. He is after all not bad in a fight. What he has done most for the company though build a database from all the books to make the research go much quicker and easier. Don't ask him about all the different kinds of demons and other nasty though, he converted it all to digital but did not retain much of that information himself.

Since that time he has become a fairly common face at the Hyperion. He likes to be helpful and frankly just cannot stay away from the lovely Cordelia Chase for very long.

Appearance or provide a picture:

Human appearance

True form

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

HairyHeretic

Edited my character on the previous page. Should be done, I think.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Dragongoddess

Hey, guys.  I do apologize but I think I need to drop out.  I hope you all have fun!

Valyndriel

Oooooh, Buffyverse! If this is still open I would love to join!

I'm thinking of a character who has no supernatural powers, but a defiant spirit. I'm also thinking that she's a lawyer, something like a public defender who opened a private practice a couple of years ago doing landlord/tenant, employment, immigration work.

Vivian's practice changed radically when a client's employer -- who was demanding blood tests illegally -- showed up at her office one night, fangs out. Fortunately for her, the Scoobies were already on the Vamp's trail, and caught up with him in her office.

As it happened, the Scoobies were also grappling with an ancient demon conjured into the world by a generations-old blood contract. Vi happily agreed to check it out, and was able to find a loophole and banish the demon without further bloodshed.

She's also helped the Scoobies with some more mundane matters, and the more she learns about the supernatural, the more she wants to be a part of protecting people from those perils as well.

Vi does have a way of bluffing her way into absurdly dangerous situations, though she sometimes needs some real firepower to get back out. If you need someone dependable to stick up for you, watch your back, or negotiate your demonic contract, she's your woman.

If that sounds like it would fit, I'll write up a full sheet!

Thesunmaid

All the sheets so far thumbs up. Forgive me I have been a bit out of it from too much work bullshit. So yes..and yes aprrrl we are still open. For anyone who wants it...there is an opening post. We have everyone's favourite  green host waiting to welcome anyone who wants to pop in now. :)
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

SweetSerenade

xD I have to figure out what I'm doing with my girly. I'm still recovering from extroverted overload.

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

HairyHeretic

There's an IC thread link in the first post, but no OOC one.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Chantarelle

“If all we have is this imagined empty canvas of endless possibility...this potential heaven...then let it be our haven. A place of marriage between two souls desperate to feel something beyond the cruel tedium of real life. If we truly be the masters who dream these dreams then let our innermost desires fuel the adventures we create and the love that we make here, let it all unfold endlessly or for only a brief moment in time but for as long as it breathes let it devour and I will forgive your boldness if you will be so good as to forgive me mine...” ~ Chantarelle

Elf

Thank you, glad to be here.

I already have a pretty good idea how I will bring Dominic in, despite his favorite member of Angel Investigations being MIA.

Yes, the link that is supposed to be for the OOC is to create a new topic. With a bit of digging though I found and bookmarked the thread.

Chosen Ones OOC

Thesunmaid

sorry guys i posted the wrong link fixed the link...really sorry. gah
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Kokaine

So are we just going with this group having split off from the main scoobies? I ask because Im wondering if they've all been around each other prior to now.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Thesunmaid

That is up to you guys. I am just going to NPC any of the scoobies minimally so far because someone might want to play them later and it will be easier for them to come in with thier own backstory  but if anyone wants to have met spike or lorne i am ok with this.

Kokaine

I'll move over to the OOC but I would like it if Skylar knew at least someone given she's been around for a little bit.

My O/Os

Elf

If Skylar has been around then I'm sure she and Dominic have met.

Valyndriel

If I join, is anyone excited about history or plots with Vivian?

Kokaine

Quote from: Elf on June 19, 2018, 08:56:00 PM
If Skylar has been around then I'm sure she and Dominic have met.

Cool. We can go with them being familiar if that suits.

Quote from: Aprrrl on June 19, 2018, 09:03:49 PM

Im always up for plotting or connections.

My O/Os

Elf

Quote from: Aprrrl on June 19, 2018, 09:03:49 PM

I'm sure Dominic has been in need of legal counsel. He may even be currently dealing with club owners trying to lock him into a contract to dance just for their clubs.

Quote from: Kokaine on June 19, 2018, 09:38:55 PM
Cool. We can go with them being familiar if that suits.

Sounds good to me. If they ever found themselves together without Cordy he would have certainly flirted with her.

Vampyre Valkyrie

*Comments for later consumption and reading* because...Sunnydale!

YOU ALL ARE THE ZEPPO!
“Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time."

|

Alias

OOO!!

I missed this? Am I too late for the party?!?!!
I have the urge to play buffy... sorta... How are things going so far? any specific needs. I long for a Buffy game with incredible passion.

Elf

GaGa88

Quote from: Alias on July 03, 2018, 12:31:57 AM
OOO!!

I missed this? Am I too late for the party?!?!!
I have the urge to play buffy... sorta... How are things going so far? any specific needs. I long for a Buffy game with incredible passion.

It would be great to have a Buffy!  Whatever you decide upon would be great, though.
You took my sadness out of context
At the Mariner's apartment complex
I ain't no candle in the wind
I'm the bolt, the lightning, the thunder
Kind of girl who's gonna make you wonder
Who you are and who you been.

Alias

Quote from: Elf on July 03, 2018, 08:07:04 AM
I think party is just getting started, so welcome.
Quote from: GaGa88 on July 03, 2018, 08:50:06 AM
It would be great to have a Buffy!  Whatever you decide upon would be great, though.
yay! thanks for the welcome, will see you all soon

Elf

Quote from: Alias on July 03, 2018, 09:04:09 AM
yay! thanks for the welcome, will see you all soon

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing what you bring to the party.