Dark M's Resurrection - A high-powered D&D 3.5 game (NC-Exotic)(Closed)

Started by Kunoichi, January 31, 2018, 02:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Quote from: Waldham on February 22, 2018, 04:01:07 PM
I edited to add information about Thiel :
Thiel, Lord of Envy and Gluttony

Zaer is right in that your background needs to tie in to the story at the top of the first post in this thread.  Aside from that, I'll also note that you get 130,000 gp to spend on gear, and that you need to increase the Aboleth Gizzard's price by 16,000 gp if you're getting a +4 enhancement bonus to Constitution from it.

Also, if the Cerebral Hood is your cohort, it can be given up to 14 HD and can have templates be applied to bring it up to CR 12.  So feel free to give it some class levels and look into what sort of templates can be applied to aberrations.  If you weren't set on having as little spellcasting as possible, I'd suggest that it might make a good Bard or Cleric, something to give you useful combat buffs.  That Share Spells ability from being a Symbiont in particular would be massively useful...  Maybe you'd be willing to make an exception for psionics and make it a Psychic Warrior?

Drowdeviant

My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Kunoichi

We've got plenty of players, but we're still open and accepting if you want to join. ^^

Waldham

QuoteNot sure of mechanics, but need some edit work (or rather additional work) on Thiel's background. Fine with that he was warrior who sought immortality and part of that he joined evil overlords loan his skills in return of information. It may be that Thiel became aware Soul Casket (or soul anchor as referred in your background) stored soul shard which could retrieved later if he died and became outsider (so he was aware before his death it was just matter of time to claim his memories).

You wanted that I add information about soul casket in my background, is it right ?
Aside from that, I'll also note that you get 130,000 gp to spend on gear, and that you need to increase the Aboleth Gizzard's price by 16,000 gp if you're getting a +4 enhancement bonus to Constitution from it.

I edit my post to 50,000 gp-> 66,000 gp.

QuoteAlso, if the Cerebral Hood is your cohort, it can be given up to 14 HD and can have templates be applied to bring it up to CR 12.  So feel free to give it some class levels and look into what sort of templates can be applied to aberrations.  If you weren't set on having as little spellcasting as possible, I'd suggest that it might make a good Bard or Cleric, something to give you useful combat buffs.  That Share Spells ability from being a Symbiont in particular would be massively useful...  Maybe you'd be willing to make an exception for psionics and make it a Psychic Warrior?

Can you explain me how obtain Advancement without change category size ?
For the cerebral hood, I think that it's a high level follower with leadershipfeat.  Do the Share Spells ability function with spell-like abilities from Archifiend template ?

For the cohort, I think that it's the "woman" on the picture.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Waldham on February 24, 2018, 02:52:43 AM
You wanted that I add information about soul casket in my background, is it right ?

Part of the basic setup for the story of the game itself is that the players were all once part of a group of epic villains who were defeated by heroes, killed, and were then reborn as various different types of fiends in the afterlife.  They saw their deaths coming, however, and worked together to create an artifact called the Soul Casket, in which they could store their memories and a small fraction of their power.  Now, having become minor Archfiends in the afterlife, they are called back together by the Soul Casket, and will regain their memories and start working together to achieve their various goals.

This is the basic backstory for the campaign that you need to fit your own backstory into.

I edit my post to 50,000 gp-> 66,000 gp.

And you have 49,000 gp leftover to spend.

Can you explain me how obtain Advancement without change category size ?
For the cerebral hood, I think that it's a high level follower with leadershipfeat.  Do the Share Spells ability function with spell-like abilities from Archifiend template ?

Advancing by class levels doesn't cause an increase in size category, but if the Cerebral Hood isn't your cohort then it can't advance by class levels, so never mind.

And I'd say the share spells ability probably does function with spell-like abilities, yes.

For the cohort, I think that it's the "woman" on the picture.

You'll need to stat her up as well, then.

Waldham

QuoteAnd you have 49,000 gp leftover to spend.

Breastplate of Command : This finely crafted +2 breastplate radiates a powerful aura of magic. When worn, the armor bestows a dignified and commanding aura upon its owner. The wearer gains a +2 competence bonus on all Charisma checks, including turning checks and Charisma-based skill checks. The wearer also gains a +2 competence bonus to his Leadership score. Friendly troops within 360 feet of the user become braver than normal. Since the effect arises in great part from the distinctiveness of the armor, the wearer cannot hide or conceal herself in any way and still have the effect function.  [25,400 gp]

Cloak of Charisma + 4 [16,000 gp] :  it adds a +4 enhancement bonus to her Charisma score.

For the Aspects :
RETRIBUTIVE AMULET
Price (Item Level): 9,000 gp (12th)
Body Slot: Throat
Caster Level: 5th
Aura: Faint; (DC 17) abjuration
Activation: Immediate (command)
Weight: 1/2 lb.
This inch-wide disk bears a large red crystal in its center. Tiny carvings around the crystal show an endless march of angels and demons at war.
You can activate a retributive amulet imme­diately after another creature has dealt damage to you with a melee attack. That creature takes damage equal to half the damage it dealt to you. This damage is of the same type (or types).
This ability functions three times per day.

For epic/leadership, what is the Leader’s Reputation and other modifier ?
For the cohort and followers, what is the score ? (The archifiend ou aspect ?)

Kunoichi

Quote from: Waldham on February 25, 2018, 04:30:53 AM
Breastplate of Command : This finely crafted +2 breastplate radiates a powerful aura of magic. When worn, the armor bestows a dignified and commanding aura upon its owner. The wearer gains a +2 competence bonus on all Charisma checks, including turning checks and Charisma-based skill checks. The wearer also gains a +2 competence bonus to his Leadership score. Friendly troops within 360 feet of the user become braver than normal. Since the effect arises in great part from the distinctiveness of the armor, the wearer cannot hide or conceal herself in any way and still have the effect function.  [25,400 gp]

Cloak of Charisma + 4 [16,000 gp] :  it adds a +4 enhancement bonus to her Charisma score.

These items look fine.

For the Aspects :
RETRIBUTIVE AMULET
Price (Item Level): 9,000 gp (12th)
Body Slot: Throat
Caster Level: 5th
Aura: Faint; (DC 17) abjuration
Activation: Immediate (command)
Weight: 1/2 lb.
This inch-wide disk bears a large red crystal in its center. Tiny carvings around the crystal show an endless march of angels and demons at war.
You can activate a retributive amulet imme­diately after another creature has dealt damage to you with a melee attack. That creature takes damage equal to half the damage it dealt to you. This damage is of the same type (or types).
This ability functions three times per day.

Unfortunately, Aspects follow the normal rules for starting wealth, and thus can't spend more than half of what they're allotted on a single magic item.

For epic/leadership, what is the Leader’s Reputation and other modifier ?
For the cohort and followers, what is the score ?

You count as having a Special Power and will have a Stronghold once you meet up with the other Archfiends.  I'll leave it up to you on whether or not you have any of the penalties.

Quote(The archifiend ou aspect ?)

I'm not quite sure what you're asking with this.

Zaer Darkwail

Probably asking does leadership affect number of aspects or aspects anyway and answer is; no. Aspects are tied to you than to a feat. If asking of aspects having leadership feat; then that's a no as well as aspects are extensions from you than individuals who serve/follow of you. Think aspects bit like simulacrums.

Waldham

Aspects
The skillfull : Third Eye of Improvisation (1,000 gp) [face], Gloves of Manual Prowess (3,000 gp) [Hands], Belt of Ultimate Athleticism (3,600 gp) [Waist], 1,800 gp.
The investigator : Scry Shroud (4,000 gp) [Shoulders], Thorn Pouch [4,400 gp] [Held], 1,000 gp
The Bloodthirsty : Gauntlets of ghost fighting (4,000 gp) [Hands], Bracers of Accuracy (4,000 gp) [Arms], 1,400 gp
The Leader : Ring of Vengeance (4,500 gp) [Only evil creature], Necklace of Warning (4,000 gp) [Throat], 900 gp

Quote(The archifiend ou aspect ?)
No, for the leadership score is it archifiend or aspect ? I suppose that the cohort and followers are the material Plane. So will they follow the aspect if the leadership score is less than Archifiend ?

Zaer Darkwail

Aspects do not have leadership score but in regards followers/cohort, they will follow aspects same as if the original is present (and any actions aspects do would have same impact as if original had done it, including sending followers to die for nothing makes no difference was it done by aspect or original).

Waldham

Illyssa
Human Druid 5/Mystic Wanderer 10 (CR 7 1/2) Arcane Blooded Creature (CR + 1) Half-Nymph (CR + 2) Monster of Legend (CR + 2)
Size/Type: Medium Outsider (Native)
Hit Dice: 15d8+ 75 (139 hp)
Initiative: + 9 (+5 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed:    30 ft.
Armor Class: 26 (+5 Dex, 0 size, + 5 naturalMonster of Legend, + 6 profaneMystic Wanderer)
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+ 12   
Attack:     +15 melee (1d6+7/18-20 x2 )
Full Attack: +15/+ 10 melee (1d6+7/18-20 x2)
Space/Reach: 5ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilitiesMystic Wanderer (CL 15th) 1/ day : Sleep (DC 17), Suggestion (DC 19),  Charm Monster (DC 20), Mass Charm (DC 24), Invisibility (1/day)Druid, Magic Blood (1d6 acide, DC 22), Awesome BeautyHalf-Nymph (DC 16), Raging Blood (1d4 acid) Monster of Legend
Special Qualities: Fey Bloodline Half-Nymph, Low-Light VisionHalf-Nymph, Regrow limbsMonster of Legend, Immunities to polymorphing and mind-affecting effectsMonster of Legend
Skills: Concentration + 23, Craft (Alchemy) + 22, Diplomacy + 14, Heal + 8, Knowledge (nature) + 26, Listen + 23, Profession (Herbalist) + 10, Ride +9, Spellcraft  + 18, Spot +23, Survival +10, Swim + 7, Perform (Dance) +9, Bluff + 9, Knowledge (arcana) + 22, Knowledge (religion) + 12.
Feats: Improved InitiativeMonster of Legend, MultiattackMonster of Legend, Iron WillHuman, Attune GemMystic Wanderer, Brew PotionMystic Wanderer, Evolved, Magic Artisan (potions), Skill Focus (Craft(Alchemy)), Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes, 3 x Open Minded
Saves: Fort +17 (7+5+3+2), Ref +18 (8+5+3+2), Will +21 (11+5+3+2) [+4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like abilities of fey, +2 profane bonus on saving throws against enchantment (charm) effects.]
Abilities: Str 19 (08+10+1), Dex 20 (12+2+6), Con 20 (10+10), Int 18 (13+2+2+1), Wis 20 (15+2+2+1), Cha 22 (14+4+4)
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: 59,000 gp (Scimitar + 3 (18,315 gp), Necklace of Adaptation (9,000 gp), Perly white ioun stone (20,000 gp), ring of sustenance (2,500 gp), rod of bodily restoration (3,100 gp), bracers of repulsion (4,000 gp), 2,085 gp)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Spells : Caster Level 15th
Spells per day 6/7/6/6/5/5/3/2/1
cure minor wounds
detect magic
detect poison
light x 2
read magic
cure light wounds
pass without trace
babau slime
healthful rest
endure elements
spoiler from animals
goodberry
barskin
resist energy
spider climb
camouflage, mass
embrace the wild
splinterbolt
call lightning
vigor, mass, lesser
neutralize poison
remove disease
hypothermia
protection from energy
scrying
arc of lightning
lay of the land
starvation
vortex of teeth
mantle of the icy soul
rejuvenation cocoon
death ward
stoneskin
wall of thorns
fire seeds
cometfall
vigorous circle
true seeing
word of balance
stormrage

Human
Human base land speed is 30 feet.
1 extra feat at 1st level.
4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.

Druid of Lantan, Sun
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Druids are proficient with the following weapons: club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, shortspear, sling, and spear. They are also proficient with all natural attacks (claw, bite, and so forth) of any form they assume with wild shape (see below).

Druids are proficient with light and medium armor but are prohibited from wearing metal armor; thus, they may wear only padded, leather, or hide armor. (A druid may also wear wooden armor that has been altered by the ironwood spell so that it functions as though it were steel. See the ironwood spell description) Druids are proficient with shields (except tower shields) but must use only wooden ones.

A druid who wears prohibited armor or carries a prohibited shield is unable to cast druid spells or use any of her supernatural or spell-like class abilities while doing so and for 24 hours thereafter.

Spells: A druid casts divine spells, which are drawn from the druid spell list. Her alignment may restrict her from casting certain spells opposed to her moral or ethical beliefs; see Chaotic, Evil, Good, and Lawful Spells, below. A druid must choose and prepare her spells in advance (see below).

To prepare or cast a spell, the druid must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a druid’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the druid’s Wisdom modifier.

Like other spellcasters, a druid can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Her base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Druid. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if she has a high Wisdom score. She does not have access to any domain spells or granted powers, as a cleric does.

A druid prepares and casts spells the way a cleric does, though she cannot lose a prepared spell to cast a cure spell in its place (but see Spontaneous Casting, below). A druid may prepare and cast any spell on the druid spell list, provided that she can cast spells of that level, but she must choose which spells to prepare during her daily meditation.

Spontaneous Casting: A druid can channel stored spell energy into summoning spells that she hasn’t prepared ahead of time. She can “lose” a prepared spell in order to cast any summon nature’s ally spell of the same level or lower. Chaotic, Evil, Good, and Lawful Spells: A druid can’t cast spells of an alignment opposed to her own or her deity’s (if she has one). Spells associated with particular alignments are indicated by the chaos, evil, good, and law descriptors in their spell descriptions.

Bonus Languages: A druid’s bonus language options include Sylvan, the language of woodland creatures. This choice is in addition to the bonus languages available to the character because of her race.

A druid also knows Druidic, a secret language known only to druids, which she learns upon becoming a 1st-level druid. Druidic is a free language for a druid; that is, she knows it in addition to her regular allotment of languages and it doesn’t take up a language slot. Druids are forbidden to teach this language to nondruids. Druidic has its own alphabet.

Animal Companion (Ex): A druid may begin play with an animal companion selected from the following list: badger, camel, dire rat, dog, riding dog, eagle, hawk, horse (light or heavy), owl, pony, snake (Small or Medium viper), or wolf. If the campaign takes place wholly or partly in an aquatic environment, the following creatures are also available: crocodile, porpoise, Medium shark, and squid. This animal is a loyal companion that accompanies the druid on her adventures as appropriate for its kind.

A 1st-level druid’s companion is completely typical for its kind except as noted below. As a druid advances in level, the animal’s power increases as shown on the table. If a druid releases her companion from service, she may gain a new one by performing a ceremony requiring 24 uninterrupted hours of prayer. This ceremony can also replace an animal companion that has perished.

A druid of 4th level or higher may select from alternative lists of animals (see below). Should she select an animal companion from one of these alternative lists, the creature gains abilities as if the character’s druid level were lower than it actually is. Subtract the value indicated in the appropriate list header from the character’s druid level and compare the result with the druid level entry on the table to determine the animal companion’s powers. (If this adjustment would reduce the druid’s effective level to 0 or lower, she can’t have that animal as a companion.)

Nature Sense (Ex): A druid gains a +2 bonus on Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks.

Wild Empathy (Ex): A druid can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check made to improve the attitude of a person. The druid rolls 1d20 and adds her druid level and her Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly.

To use wild empathy, the druid and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.

A druid can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but she takes a –4 penalty on the check.

Woodland Stride (Ex): Starting at 2nd level, a druid may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at her normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. However, thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion still affect her.

Trackless Step (Ex): Starting at 3rd level, a druid leaves no trail in natural surroundings and cannot be tracked. She may choose to leave a trail if so desired.

Resist Nature’s Lure (Ex): Starting at 4th level, a druid gains a +4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like abilities of fey.

Wild Shape (Su): At 5th level, instead the wild shape, a druid of Sun gains Invisibility 1/day as spell-like abilities with a progression as the wild shape for the use per day and magic glyph as the spell glyph (Su) from Geometer.
Spellglyph (Su): A spellglyph is an arcane diagram that substitutes for a specific spell's verbal and material components (if any). When a geometer casts a prepared spell in conjunction with a spellglyph scribed for that spell, he can cast the spell as if it were affected by the Silent Spell fear. The spellglyph replaces any material components (other than a focus) normally required by the spell.

A geometer chooses at the time of casting whether to use a spellglyph. An expended spellglyph disappears, just like any other material component.

Spellglyphs are normally scribed on parchment, much like scrolls. Preparing a spellglyph requires 1 hour and the use of rare inks costing 25 gp per spell level. If the spell normally requires an expensive material component (with a value of more than 1 gp), exotic inks and treatments of equal cost must be used in the preparation of the spellglyph.

Mystic Wanderer
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Mystic wanderers gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor. Many of the mystic wanderer's abilities rely on her ability to fully utilize the movements of her body and her confidence in her appearance. When wearing any sort of armor or using a shield, her glory of the divine ability does not function and she cannot use any of her spell-like abilities.

Spells per Day: A mystic wanderer continues to study standard magic as well as pursuing her other studies. Thus, when a new mystic wanderer level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if she had also gained a level in a divine spellcasting class she belonged to before becoming a mystic wanderer. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (improved chance of controlling or rebuking undead, and so on).

If a character had more than one divine spellcasting class before she became a mystic wanderer, she must decide to which class she adds each level of mystic wanderer for purposes of determining spells per day when she adds the new level.

Glory of the Divine (Su): A mystic wanderer who wears no armor gains a sacred (or profane, if her patron deity is evil) bonus to AC equal to her Charisma bonus (if any).

Sleep (Sp): The mystic wanderer can use sleep once per day as a sorcerer equal to her mystic wanderer level plus her highest divine spellcaster level (DC 17 [11 + Cha modifier]).

Familiar: Beginning at 2nd level, a mystic wanderer can obtain a familiar, just as a sorcerer or wizard can. A mystic wanderer with sorcerer or wizard levels can treat her mystic wanderer levels as sorcerer or wizard levels for determining her familiar's natural armor, Intelligence, and special abilities.

Lore of Nature: At 2nd level, the mystic wanderer gains a +2 competence bonus on all Profession (herbalist) and Knowledge (nature) checks.

Gem Magic (Su): A 3rd-level mystic wanderer learns the secret of gem magic. She gains the Attune Gem feat, and she can use the feat to store any spell she can cast, whether arcane or divine.

Resist Charm: Beginning at 3rd level, the mystic wanderer gains a +2 sacred (or profane, if her patron deity is evil) bonus on saving throws against enchantment (charm) effects.

Brew Potion: The mystic wanderer gains the Brew Potion feat at 4th level.

Suggestion (Sp): At 5th level, the mystic wanderer can use suggestion once per day as a sorcerer equal to her mystic wanderer level plus her highest divine spellcaster level (DC 19 [13 + Cha modifier]).

Greater Potion I: The 6th-level mystic wanderer can brew potions as if she had access to all 0- and 1st- level sorcerer/wizard spells (even those not on her spell list). He need not have prepared the spell to brew the potion; instead, she must leave one spell slot (of the appropriate level) open when brewing a potion of a spell not on her spell list. He must still provide any material components or focuses needed.

Charm Monster (Sp): At 7th level, the mystic wanderer can use charm monster once per day as a sorcerer equal to her mystic wanderer level plus her highest divine spellcaster level (DC 20 [14 + Cha modifier]).

Greater Potion II:
As greater potion I, except that the 8th-level mystic wanderer can brew potions as if she had access to all 2nd-level sorcerer/wizard spells.

Mass Charm (Sp): The 9th-level mystic wanderer can use mass charm once per day as a sorcerer whose level is equal to her mystic wanderer level plus her highest divine spellcaster level (DC 24 [18 + Cha modifier]).

Greater Potion III:
As greater potion I, except that the 10th-level mystic wanderer can brew potions as if she had access to all 3rd-level sorcerer/wizard spells.

Timeless Body: After achieving 10th level, a mystic wanderer no longer suffers ability penalties for aging (see Aging Effects) and cannot be magically aged. Any penalties she may have already suffered, however, remain in place. Bonuses still accrue, and the mystic wanderer still dies of old age when her time is up.

Arcane Blooded Creature

Type : Monstrous Humanoïd
CR : + 1
Special Qualities :
Magic Blood : The magical mutagenic pollution that altered the creature fill its veins.
The arcane-blood creature's blood, in addition to keeping it alive, is quite volatile and dangerous when exposed to the air. Whenever a creature strikes the arcane-blood creature with a piercing or slashing melee weapon, it must immediately make a Reflex save (DC 22 [10 + 1/2 HD's the arcane-blood creature + its modifier Constitution]) or take 1d6 points of damage of the chosen energy type (acid, cold, electricity or fire). Creatures using reach wepons are not subjet to this damage.
Evolved : An arcane-blood creature with the Evolved feat ignores the damage dealt by its own magic blood.

Half-Nymph

Awesome Beauty (Su): This ability affects all humanoids within 30 feet of a half-nymph. Those who look directly at the nymph must succeed at a Will saving throw (DC 16 [10 + half the half-nymph's racial HD + Charisma modifier]) or be shaken for 1 minute. A creature that remains in range and continues to look at the half-nymph must continue to make saving throws against this ability. A successful saving throw while already shaken does not free the creature from the affect of the initial failed save. A failed saving throw while shaken resets the duration of the shaken condition to start from that round. A half-nymph can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. This is a mind-affecting, fear effect.

Fey Bloodline (Ex): Half-nymphs are considered creatures of the fey type when enchantment magic is directed against them. For example, the charm person spell does not affect a half-nymph creature, but charm monster affects them normally. Half-nymphs can also activate magical items restricted to fey creatures.

Low-Light Vision (Ex): A half-nymph can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. The half-nymph retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.

Abilities: Change from the base creature as follows: Dex +2, Int +2, Wis +2, Cha +4

Monster of Legend

AC: Base creature's natural armor bonus improves by +5.
Saves: Each of the base creature's base saves increases by +3.
Raging Blood (Su): Choose whether the monster of legend has acid, fire, or electricity in its blood. Each time damage is dealt to the creature with a piercing or slashing attack, its blood sprays outward in a 5-foot cone, dealing 1d4 points of damage of the selected energy type to all within range (no saving throw). A monster of legend is not harmed by its own blood.
Immunities (Ex): The creature is immune to two of the following effects: polymorphing and mind-affecting effects.
Regrow limbs (Ex): If the creature loses a limb, head, or body part, a new one grows in 1 round. A monster of legend with this ability cannot be slain by a vorpal weapon's head-severing ability.
Abilities: Increase from the base creature as follows: Str +10, Dex +6, Con +10, Int +2, Wis +2, Cha +4.
Feats: A monster of legend gains Improved Initiative and Multiattack as bonus feats.

Background
Herbalist, this young apprentice wass passionate about alchemy in all its forms. Seeing in this field the future of the profession, she thinks that science wass the future of nature and can contribute to its development. She traveled the world in a quest for knowledge. She prefered to seek in the ruined cities and abandoned temples the treasures of knowledge that no one will come to claim. She specialized in transmutation by glyphs and will become an alchemist gifted both in the manufacture of potions. In addition to transmutation, she has also specialized in necromancy but her but is only to conquer death. Indeed, she wanted to obtain beauty and eternal youth in addition to immortality, which distances the "classic" necromancers who hope to one day become a lich. This was the reason why she embarked on alchemy hoping and finding the solution. She is attractive and knows how to make perfect use. Always in search of knowledge, she is able to disturb knowledge wherever she can infiltrate, helped by her druid and transmutator skills.
She is above all a woman of science. She was doing too badly as a thief thanks to druidic magic or transmutation. She wears around her neck a shadow gem. The use of magic glyphs allows him to do without ingredients for most types. She frequently wears, veiled in her clothes, vials of potions prepared for the unexpected.
His alchemy rubs shoulders with both shadows and light. She is mistress of light, which allows her to become invisible.
The Lantan Druids were essentially worshiping the sun and the light. Unlike other Druids, they did not gain any wild shape ability but instead benefited from Runic Glyph Runic (Divine SpellGlyph from Geometer) and  Invisibility a number of times a day (as Wild Shape).

Combat
Often a word of recall stored with a spellstaff.

Drowdeviant

Question: Is there any way you can make breath weapons scale with your CR? My gal might've been a half dragon winter wolf and I'm kind of bummed her breath weapon is gonna be kind of wimpy for such a big beastie. xD
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Drowdeviant on February 26, 2018, 05:49:14 PM
Question: Is there any way you can make breath weapons scale with your CR? My gal might've been a half dragon winter wolf and I'm kind of bummed her breath weapon is gonna be kind of wimpy for such a big beastie. xD

Use your special attack slot to make a really awesome breath weapon
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Drowdeviant

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on February 26, 2018, 06:18:52 PM
Use your special attack slot to make a really awesome breath weapon

...But the chance for spell casting instead. *is very conflicted* xD

Though one of her at-will spell like abilities could just be Dragon's breath I just remembered. That shit would be doing 9d6 of any energy I want, and I can do it multiple times a day. :3

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Drowdeviant on February 26, 2018, 06:30:50 PM
...But the chance for spell casting instead. *is very conflicted* xD

Though one of her at-will spell like abilities could just be Dragon's breath I just remembered. That shit would be doing 9d6 of any energy I want, and I can do it multiple times a day. :3

Some even debuff, As a level 4 spell you could make it one of your 1/day spells and maximize it (equivalent 7th level spells). It works with metabreath feats and the breath enhancement spells too.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on February 26, 2018, 07:52:38 PM
Some even debuff, As a level 4 spell you could make it one of your 1/day spells and maximize it (equivalent 7th level spells). It works with metabreath feats and the breath enhancement spells too.

The dragonomicon version of the spell is a level 3 so it can be one of her at-wills, though bear in mind that version just only does 3d6 damage + 1d6 for every 2 levels above 5th. To me its' just more useful to have that cause it gives her more room to be flexible as a dps and tank. XD

Hmm I might look into a metabreath feat...maybe two. They do well but Miss wolf is gonna be more than just a breath weapon turret. Also I might be looking to get gape of the serpent cause it lets you FUCKING EAT PEOPLE, something a giant ass wolf should definitely be able to do (plus she qualifies for it since she would've gotten swallow whole since she would've picked the dragon type first which would allow her to grab snatch and swallow). xD

Also she would be happy to be a mount for people who need someone to transport them into battle cause they aren't very quick on their feet. :3

Funniest ass shit would be is if I took draconic tail on her and then prehensile tail, allowing her to use her tail to swing a sword around. xD

...Hmm maybe she needs to be two headed. Kind of had the idea she could've have been the fusion of a winter wolf brother and sister duo before she got axed...either that or give her some other cool template. :3

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Drowdeviant on February 26, 2018, 08:17:21 PM
The dragonomicon version of the spell is a level 3 so it can be one of her at-wills, though bear in mind that version just only does 3d6 damage + 1d6 for every 2 levels above 5th. To me its' just more useful to have that cause it gives her more room to be flexible as a dps and tank. XD

Hmm I might look into a metabreath feat...maybe two. They do well but Miss wolf is gonna be more than just a breath weapon turret. Also I might be looking to get gape of the serpent cause it lets you FUCKING EAT PEOPLE, something a giant ass wolf should definitely be able to do (plus she qualifies for it since she would've gotten swallow whole since she would've picked the dragon type first which would allow her to grab snatch and swallow). xD

Also she would be happy to be a mount for people who need someone to transport them into battle cause they aren't very quick on their feet. :3

Funniest ass shit would be is if I took draconic tail on her and then prehensile tail, allowing her to use her tail to swing a sword around. xD

...Hmm maybe she needs to be two headed. Kind of had the idea she could've have been the fusion of a winter wolf brother and sister duo before she got axed...either that or give her some other cool template. :3

Remember to be a tank you have to be able to stop the enemy from moving away from you. If you're just hard to kill it will ignore you and fight everyone else.  You might already know that but it's a common mistake to make a nearly unkillablen object that just gets walked past.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on February 26, 2018, 08:28:00 PM

Remember to be a tank you have to be able to stop the enemy from moving away from you. If you're just hard to kill it will ignore you and fight everyone else.  You might already know that but it's a common mistake to make a nearly unkillablen object that just gets walked past.

Well in her true form she's a huge creature so walking past her isn't gonna be that easy. Hell I'm liable to get her more reach so sneaking past her is gonna be even harder. A big angry fluffy wall that wants to kill and or eat you. xD

TheGlyphstone

Reach is good as long as you combine it with Stand Still or a way to trip people, preferably the former. Otherwise they can just eat the AoO.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 26, 2018, 08:52:56 PM
Reach is good as long as you combine it with Stand Still or a way to trip people, preferably the former. Otherwise they can just eat the AoO.

Well I kind of don't imagine her standing still. She's a predator at heart and likely wants to be up in everything's face and mauling the ever-loving hell out of it. :P

oh you mean the feat! xD

Need to get combat reflexes with that, especially cause her average damage is gonna make moving past her next to impossible. xD

Kunoichi

Quote from: Waldham on February 26, 2018, 07:35:34 AM
Illyssa, Human Barbarian 1 -> Ice Beast (CR 1 + 1/2 DV) -> Paragon (CR + 15) -> Incarnate Construct (CR/2) -> Symbiotic creature (Dread Blossom Swarm CR 6,  As a mixed pair consisting of host and guest)

Templates from the Epic Level Handbook are too powerful to be allowed in this game.  Additionally, while I'm alright with the Incarnate Construct template being applied to a creature that was already a construct to begin with, applying it to creatures that became constructs through templates generally winds up lowering the CR far too much compared to the abilities the creature actually has, so I'm afraid I'll have to disallow that.

Quote from: Drowdeviant on February 26, 2018, 08:17:21 PM

Hmm.  The Draconomicon version is also a Transmutation spell, whereas the Spell Compendium version is an Evocation spell, and they have durations of 10 minutes/level but with a max of three uses per casting vs 1 round/level.  They're different enough and fairly balanced with one another, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to allow the Draconomicon version to be used.

Theoretically, you could even take both spells for your spell-like abilities and have multiple options for granting yourself breath weapons. :P

Quote from: Drowdeviant on February 26, 2018, 09:03:14 PM
Well I kind of don't imagine her standing still. She's a predator at heart and likely wants to be up in everything's face and mauling the ever-loving hell out of it. :P

oh you mean the feat! xD

Need to get combat reflexes with that, especially cause her average damage is gonna make moving past her next to impossible. xD

Note that this is also at the level where you can expect enemies to start making use of tactical teleportation.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 26, 2018, 11:15:17 PM
Note that this is also at the level where you can expect enemies to start making use of tactical teleportation.

Oh I know, that's why she'd being made a little tanky in case of an ambush.

Mind you the 5th level wiz/sor spell investiture of the orthon effectively shuts that down at the drop of a hat because the caster puts out a twenty foot aura that nulls any attempts at extradimensional travel into or out of the aura's area. You effectively get a mobile safe zone from teleporting bastards for 1 minute per caster level. Plus given our abundance of casters we could put up multiple instances if more than one of us wants to pitch in their magical might.

Funny thing is if my big ass wolf gets to be the caster that shit gets to effect a reasonably sizable area because she's a huge creature.  xD

Kunoichi

Quote from: Drowdeviant on February 26, 2018, 11:56:36 PM

Mind you the 5th level wiz/sor spell investiture of the orthon effectively shuts that down at the drop of a hat because the caster puts out a twenty foot aura that nulls any attempts at extradimensional travel into or out of the aura's area. You effectively get a mobile safe zone from teleporting bastards for 1 minute per caster level. Plus given our abundance of casters we could put up multiple instances if more than one of us wants to pitch in their magical might.

Funny thing is if my big ass wolf gets to be the caster that shit gets to effect a reasonably sizable area because she's a huge creature.  xD

Ah, I see.  In that case, I should also note that this is at the level where you can expect your allies to be making regular use of tactical teleportation as well. :P

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Drowdeviant on February 26, 2018, 11:56:36 PM

Anticipate Teleportation is a 4th level spell that works even better for that purpose. It lasts for 1 hour/level instead of 1 min/level, has a radius of 5ft./level instead of a flat 20ft., and instead of blocking the teleportation it delays their arrival for one turn. You can either just move away and make the jump wasted, or set up to ambush them with readied attacks of some kind when they emerge.

Drowdeviant

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 27, 2018, 12:12:08 AM
Anticipate Teleportation is a 4th level spell that works even better for that purpose. It lasts for 1 hour/level instead of 1 min/level, has a radius of 5ft./level instead of a flat 20ft., and instead of blocking the teleportation it delays their arrival for one turn. You can either just move away and make the jump wasted, or set up to ambush them with readied attacks of some kind when they emerge.

True you are. :3