Fire Emblem: Seal of Ruin (EX, Custom System, Still Recruiting!)

Started by Gensokian, April 13, 2011, 09:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Kunoichi

Orochimaru

heh, goomba in an FE rp thread. Just smack it with yo hamma! lol

ReijiTabibito

Sorry.  >_<  I use goomba as an expression for the nameless goons that are common in games.  Like Thug A, Thug B, etc etc...

pendarious

but orochi........hammers are used on armored units not mushrooms
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Kunoichi

Besides, Mario mainly used the hammer in the Donkey Kong games. :P Goombas he usually just stepped on.

Orochimaru

spiked goombas get hammered like the hammered you get when you drink too much. lol

Laughing Hyena

Anyway I can concur that a re-roll for a hopeless/joke character seems plausible. No one likes to be the "Yogurt" of the team. 10% growth in all the stats like poor Reiji got, is definitely one that qualifies I think for "Yogurt".

For those who don't know whom I speak of Yogurt was a mascot character in Shining Force 1 who was hard to get and not worth it. Yogurt had terrible stats and he started at level 1 in chapter four and even if you manage to level him up he stays at level one. All you get for a level up is a Yogurt ring that turns the equipped character into a Yogurt as well.

ReijiTabibito

Yeah.  I know Genso's not here, but to his system for making characters, I would recommend after this incident that he adds a rider to his creation system - if a character's growth average is not at least 50%, he can re-roll until it is.

That said, getting 90% on half your stats and 10% on your other half is entirely possible...

Silk

Heh, go away for a day or two and this thing gets over 8 pages long, although I might have to drop out given the excessive ammounts of alt characters, it will get WAY to confusing for me. And I don't wanna slow the game down for everyone because I'm totally lost in regards to trying to work out who is who

Kunoichi

Nah, that's why we make sure everyone has their own sprite. ^^ That way, we can tell everyone apart.

Besides, is it really a Fire Emblem game without loads and loads of characters? :P

Silk

Its not the sprites, it the people playing them, being heavily autistic, it makes it really difficult for me to decipher who is who in a single post.

Kunoichi

Ah.  Perhaps we could list our characters' names at the top of each post, then, to help avoid confusion?

ReijiTabibito

I think that'd be a great idea.  I know I already do it for a couple of games...

Silk

Then what happens during a mass convosation, or when two alts are talking to eachother, or multiple characters talking to me, hell I struggled enough with the Yu-Gi-Oh RP and there wasnt 12 characters between 3 people

Kunoichi

*thinks*

Well, what if things were color-coded, as well?  Like, say, one character could speak in purple text, and another in dark blue?

Silk

That could work, but that would be asking too much from people :/

pendarious

Laughing Hyena

Kunoichi

Not all that common for me, but I'm certainly willing to do it, as well. ^^;

Gensokian

I could go with that plan, for sure, Silk; whatever it takes to make sure you enjoy yourself. ^^

And welcome to the game, Reiji; saw your suggestion, but the way this has been going with the rolls, I don't think that rider will be necessary. ^^

pendarious

I hate to sound impatient....but when the devil is this  gonna start hmm?

Gensokian

Give it a few more days, Penny; just waiting for anyone else who would like to join. ^^

pendarious

*laughs* yeah yeah i know i know. ive been sick lately and this awesome idea has put me into good spirits....I don't want to rush anything.

Gensokian

Ah, sorry to hear you're sick, man. Hugs to make it better? :<