Need an RP

Started by Lady Jenn, April 04, 2017, 06:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kull

I have a suggestion if you want more players; make a new request thread with the name of your campaign in the title a description. This thread is old and vague, people might not read it to the end.
Mats

"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."

Lady Jenn

Quote from: King Kull on July 14, 2017, 07:18:28 AM
This is my Character, didn't really decide his personality and morals etcetera yet. So he is a pretty powerful fighter type but he has no magic or supernatural abilities/objects. Maybe you can suggest from where he is? Some forested mountainous area? 

Name: Grim Direwolf (Direwolf is the name of his clan; the Direwolf Clan)
Race: Human
“Class”: Barbarian ranger/warrior.
Height: 195 cm
Weight: 130 kg
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Raven black, wavy and thick. His hair is long and unruly going down just past his shoulders. He has a leather headband to keep his hair away from his face. He is clean shaven.

General appearance: Grim has massive muscles and wide shoulders and chest. He is tanned from the sun but naturally quite pale. His nose is not completely straight from being broken once and he has a scar on his right cheek. He wears leather and fur, but no armour. On his left forearm he has a leather bracer to protect it from the bowstring of his powerful bow. If it is not to cold he prefers to have a bare upper body.
Notable Possessions: Grim’s most valued and valuable possession is his hand-and-a-half sword. It is of good quality but neither exceptional nor magical. It has a four feet wide blade and a tampered point making it suitable for both cuts and thrusts. The hilt is another feet so it can be handled with two hands. The sword is more costly than all his other possessions together. Besides the sword he has a powerful compound bow in a quiver on his back and a quiver with arrows. In his belt he carries the sword and a large hunting knife. He looks somewhat like a warrior but completely without armour and without a shield, so maybe he is more a heavy armed ranger. He has a scent hound for hunting. It’s not an aggressive dog and it’s a bit old now. He loves his dog deeply. It looks like a Harrier dog.

Skills: He’s a swordsman and an archer. He grew up in the wilderness so the forest and the mountains are his homes. He knows about plants, animals and survival in the wild. He didn’t see the wild plains or the farmlands so those environments are not part of his expertise. He’s a tracker and a hunter and he knows how to train hounds. His fighting style is that he uses his sword both for cutting, thrusting and parrying; much like a fencer. His strength enables him to that with his heavy sword. He also switches between using one or two hands and some times he can make a blow with only his left hand even do he is right-handed. So even his wapon is big he has a technical style of fighting.

Lack of skill: Even thou he is agile and an experienced hunter his size and weight works against him when it comes to stealth. He leaves tracks just from his large feet and weight, when sneaking there is always a risk that he not only breaks a twig but an entire three branch. And when trying to hide; well he needs something big to hide behind! He has no schooling what so ever. He doesn’t know about how life in cities or even on farms work. His social etiquette is somewhat different from civilized communities.

That sounds really good :) tbh, anywhere north of the forest they're in now lies not far from Orc infested territory so he could be a local woodsman who lives by himself (other than the occasional visit to the town we're heading for) who's a veteran of Orc raiding parties/the dodgier denizens of the forest. If that makes sense?

As for the multiplayer point (can't be bothered to do this as a separate post lol), I think three is probably actually a good number, while more players would be fun as I've discovered from past experiences the more players you have the more you run the risk of people being held up by someone going AWOL (especially if the person who does so needs to post something to move the plot along)

King Kull

Yes to many players are not good either, when we do desktop RP we like 3-4 players and 1 GM. To many players also gets confusing. I see him more as belonging to a wild barbaric tribe not as an isolated individual and loner. But he can be there for any reason; seeking adventure. He would be opportunist, some times a tracker, some times a mercenary (And sometimes a bandit?). He has also been a pit-fighter, a primitive form of gladiator fights. That's where he learned to fight technically without armour. I will make a bit of a background.
Mats

"Not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood, restless harbingers of violence and bloodshed, knowing no other path."

Lady Jenn

sounds good :) admittedly this is definitely a world where (other than where Ebony comes from) there's not much of what you'd describe as "civilization", especially north of the forest where Orcs, Trolls...and worse...can roam around pretty freely so it's believable there might be mercenaries running around (lots of farmers wanting protection after all)

King Kull

To Grim any city is civilization even large villages. 
Mats

Lady Jenn

Well, then there's the town they're riding for and...well, not much else other than the occasional farm, he'd probably quite enjoy the landscape lol

King Kull

How does this background fit your world?

Grim belongs to the primitive and wild barbarian tribe the Hercynians. They are war-like and constantly at war with Orcs or raiding human settlements. Their different clans fight each other as well. They are generally considered to be on the “good” side; they would never ally themselves with Orcs and such creatures. But still people fear them because they do raid humans as well. They like elves even thou they are very different from them. It is because they share the elves veneration for nature. The Hercynians respect nature and animals and never cut down more threes than necessary and they hunt for food never for sport. Actually they respect nature more than humans. The Hercynians technology is not so developed; they do make axes, knifes and spear points from steel but can not make long swords like the one Grim have. And they can’t make steel armour. Grim has sold his services as a scout or as a warrior and he has been a pit-fighter, a primitive form of gladiator fights. That's where he learned to fight technically without armour, since that is the rules in those fights.
Mats

Lady Jenn

the only thing I'd say is (although this doesn't necessarily have to affect the background) that in this world most of the elves (outside of the Rangers in the forest anyway) went south some time ago, for quite some time to elves and dragons fled the human world and have basically ignored what's happening. The king would probably be in a lot more trouble if either the elves came north, the dragons came south or even both.

King Kull

They might have old tribal memories from when there where more elfs so they still think the same of the few that are left.

Will you let me know when I can enter the RP?
Mats

Lady Jenn

I'll have to check she's okay with the post but I got Ebony and Ariadne to the tavern so, if Levi is okay with it, you could jump in now (or wait till we've done a couple more posts, I'll let you know once I've heard back from her). I can imagine you'd be the one guy not put off by the mean looking elf, unlike the other patrons lol

King Kull

Mean looking? I thought they had some romance going? (I read your story but not very detailed). Well Grim isn't very easily intimidated and likes elves as a cultural heritage from his tribe. When I meet your characters describe them or direct me to where they are described.   
Mats

Lady Jenn

Let's just say she has a rep for not taking shit off people, so anyone who might try getting...cosy with Ebony otherwise is smart enough to not pick a fight with someone who could kick their ass without breaking into a sweat lol.

Will obviously depend on if Levi wants me to edit my post, he could always be by the bar when she walks over, that way there's a relatively natural way to run into each other, so to speak

King Kull

Well Grim doesn't know who you are or what you have been up to until you enters the Tavern. But he needs an adventure, possible reward, etc. of some sort to motivate him to hook up with you two.
Mats

Lady Jenn

I think between me and Ebony we just gave you an in...so to speak

Lady Jenn

I think Grim will DEFINITELY want a stiffer drink when he hears what lies ahead :P

King Kull

I want to remind you that MC and I don't know what MC see in front of him. I have no description at all of Ebony.
Mats

Lady Jenn

Gonna get Levi to post a character sheet in here, do you want to edit your last post or should one of me and her do a reply so Grim can "see" Ebony properly?

Levi

Born in Tarnegar, Ebony was raised from a young age by her father. Her mother passed away when Ebony was young leaving behind a bracelet covered in curious ruins. Up until her 18th birthday the young woman had led a fairly carefree life but was starting to feel that her father is a little overprotective. Ebony wants to start making decisions about her future but she still loves her father very much.

She is slightly taller then the average female at 5'9 and her long silver hair is tied in a plait over her left shoulder, Ebony is slightly curvaceous in figure. Her striking blue eyes flash whenever she is annoyed and she can not conceal her emotions very well. Her fair skin shows tan lines from where she has lain in the sun reading.

(Extra info) Ebony is now also wearing a two swords around her waist, one a gift made by her father Vennar, the other a mystical blade named The Dawnhammer. She is also wearing a red Dragonblood gem necklace. Ebony is also starting to have feeling for her beautiful companion.

( note from myself) Ebony doesn't really have much out of town real life experiences so I feel she may find Grim slightly intimidating on there first meeting
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

King Kull

Thanks Levi. Starting to have feelings?  ;)   Yes Grim is probably more intimidating than that wolf Ebony saw.
Mats

King Kull

I added to the last post about Ebony, hopefully I managed to give a bad first impression of Grim!
Mats

Lady Jenn

Levi is welcome to post first, unfortunately I'm off to volunteer for a four hours so my reply will be delayed a bit. Also, we should figure out a posting order, so we don't have anyone writing a reply only to discover while they were completing it someone made a new reply anyway lol

King Kull

That's fine, I'm number 3 then since I just posted.
Mats

Lady Jenn

me, Levi then you seems the best order (assuming Levi doesn't mind), I'll just make sure that my posts don't leave one or other of you thinking "...I have no way to respond to that" lol

King Kull

Good I wait for Levi's post
Mats

Lady Jenn

I like the idea Marcus isn't even going on this quest and even HE'S like "...I need a drink" :P