The "Did you know...?" Game

Started by Adammair, January 26, 2012, 03:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adammair

Had heard about Cortana. Did not fully realize it was like Siri, nor that it was a name from Halo, although that only makes sense, when you think about it, Halo being the Xbox-exclusive title and all.

Did you know it is currently quite brightly sunny, unfortunately with several inches (around 6, I believe) of snow on the ground, where I am currently?

PennySludt

i did not

did you know there are many species of animals that have homosexual tendencies in some of their critters?
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Angelus

Yep.

Did you know that the statue of liberty wears a size 879 in sandals?
A/A "Time to relax." [8/03/2015]
Time to get cracking. Settling in, boutta eat, then it's work.

PennySludt

hahahaha nope

did you know that Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany was the inspiration for Disney's Cinderella's castle?
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Angelus

That fact was under a Snapple cap, xD

And no, i didn't.

Did you know that there is a rare sleeping disorder that causes instant death?

PennySludt

yeah....i think that's called death....LOL! jk

nope i didn't

did you know there's a genetic mutation that causes purple eyes and people who have it will never grow any facial, body, pubic, or anal hair (not including hair on their head, on their ears, noses, eyebrows and eyelashes) women also do not menstruate, but are fertile. HOW MUCH DOES THAT ROCK!?!?!

Angelus

Haha, i said the same thing until I heard the Ridiculous name for it. I can't remember what it's called, I'll have to look it up.

And yea, that sounds like the sweetest mutation i ever heard of.

Did you know that in the oldest version of sleeping beauty, Aurora's death was prophesied and not a curse?

PennySludt

it totally does!

and no i didn't know that. interesting. although it could be said that a prophesy is just another way of 'cursing' someone who places their absolute faith in that prophecy to the point it then becomes real....

did you know that HIPPOPOTOMONSTROSESQUIPPEDALIOPHOBIA is the fear of long words? HAHAHA now THAT'S a scary word!

gaggedLouise

Haha, no, didn't but it sounds very fitting! Hippos are very imposing animals...

It's fairly easy to construct extremely long words in Swedish, by the way, e.g. konjunkturutvecklingsprognos (prediction of a market/GDP development cycle) or riskkapitalbolagsdirektionshögkvarter (headquarters of the directorate of a risk investment company)... Words getting joined onto each other for a multi-compound instead of putting breaks between the individual words in there.  ;)

Did you know that George Harrison got the gig of playing lead guitar in the Beatles by showing that he could play Raunchy? Funny thing is, it doesn't sound like that hard a tune...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5YV2iXpvsI

(We had that EP at home when I grew up and the straightforward, repetitive but stingy tune became a bit of a joke between my brother and myself)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

SpiralSpider

No, I did not know that. It's an interesting piece of music history trivia. <3

Did you know that Pinnochio was a bad motivational speaker? lemurs are the smallest of the primate family and only originate on the island of Madagascar?
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Mercurio123

nope can't say I knew that,

Did you know that the condition with the purple eyes mentioned previously is called Alexandra's Genesis? Also unfortunately there is no scientific proof of it actually existing.
http://www.newhealthguide.org/Alexandria%27S-Genesis.html