The new Voltron Series is on right now.

Started by Wolfy, June 16, 2011, 07:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

The world premier of it. Sooo watching it, if only for Nostalgia and to see how it doesn't live up to the original. lol

Hayato

What? There's a new one? What channel? What time?

I remember the one from a few years back w/ CGI, it was pretty okay in my opinion. At least Voltron looked cool.

Wolfy

Nicktoons.

it'll come on again in about an hour and a half.

So far...it's meh. o3o I mean, I like the fact that there are SEVERAL references to what happened in the original series (Like, a buttload of them) and that all of the Original 5 are back (Not their voice actors though, I think, and not Sven, though he didn't play much of a part before anyway. o3o)

Also, apparently 2 of the original 5 (Most likely Keith and Lance) are going to be piloting their respective lions, at least for the foreseeable future. The other 3 will also be piloting theirs, until the new rookies learn the ropes, I guess.

But yeah...so far, it's meh, but I see potential. o3o

And

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Keith coming down out of orbit, in the black lion, and decapitating the Ro-beast? That was fucking epic.

Hayato

Damn. I went on a run and now it's Nick at Nite. Any idea when it'll be back on?

I love references to the old series...is it true there's also a Live Action movie in the works? That along w/ a Robotech movie during the summer would be epic.

NotoriusBEN

I have so much hate right now for everyone that is able to see this show. Im stuck in a hotel with no nicktoons channel.

this is the show that introduced me to giant robot awesomeness when I was like four years old.
same with transformers, but this was the first.

maybe I'll be able to catch it this weekend or cn's thundercats later this year.

Hayato

Voltron, Robotech and Transformers were the robot trifecta of awesome during the 80s.

Wolfy

Well I saw it..and..so far yeah, it's got potential. o3o...Especially since they seem to be already setting up for an overarching thing with

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Haggar possibly returning