I made a Terraria thing!

Started by Angie, June 13, 2015, 10:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

http://imgur.com/a/9c9DF

Why, it's an Ice Palace! Future plans include a Wizard Tower and possibly a Throne Room!
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

scribus1000

Ooooooh a shiny thing! Very cool!

I can only hope of starting that sort of ambition sometime soon--I keep getting stuck trying to fight the corruption in hard mode. :P

Many, many hours of gameplay later....and my house is still stone.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Angie

One word: Explosives. Just blow it all up.

Also, any empty space that's at least 4 spaces wide will prevent the spread. Corruption/Crimson can jump to blocks three spaces away, so the best way to fight it is to make a bunch of 4 wide/4 high mine shafts and elevators to hell.

scribus1000

Quote from: Angiejuusan on June 14, 2015, 02:43:00 PM
One word: Explosives. Just blow it all up.

Also, any empty space that's at least 4 spaces wide will prevent the spread. Corruption/Crimson can jump to blocks three spaces away, so the best way to fight it is to make a bunch of 4 wide/4 high mine shafts and elevators to hell.

Oh yeah, I've been doing that big time. Well the hellevators at least. I'm going to blow up the parts out of control, but gonna try to save the biomes.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Angie

Quote from: Beorning on June 14, 2015, 02:54:09 PM
Okay, now you have to explain what am I looking at, exactly?  ;)

Because I love Frozen, I decided to make Elsa in Terraria, complete with Ice Palace. Though it's not so much ice as "Snow Bricks". The first picture shows the bedroom I made (I had a golden bed from a Pirate Invasion, used it, made a Frozen Chandelier), and a large "Sapphire Gemspark Wall" I made for fun-I wanted something like stained glass but that's not in Terraria, so I made that instead.

The second picture is below the platform in the first, and I envisioned it as a 'waiting room' before the Throne Room, which I need to build. Had a couple golden sofas, made some ice lamps. And yes, the doors are all made of Ice.

The third pic is the entrance/staircase I made, and also shows off the 'support' pillars-there's no need for the pillars since, like Minecraft, most everything defies gravity, but I added them because they looked cool and more importantly stops enemies from getting under the staircase.

Angie

If you're familiar with Minecraft, the fastest explanation is "2-D Minecraft". However, it's not so black and white: The long explanation is it's a 2-D game that features exploration, building, crafting, and fighting off hordes of eldritch abominations. Slimes casually jump around in the daylight, murdering poor bunnies and other critters. At night, the Zombies and flying Demon Eyes come. There is some dark, evil thing that's slowly altering the world, either the Corruption (purple, "evil" biome) or the Crimson (a more gory flesh based evil). You must gear up and prepare, as powerful bosses will eventually come to face you. You must build, explore, mine, and craft to survive, discover new tools and places, and become the biggest badass ever.

Angie

Nah, it costs money. 5 bucks on Steam (oh wow that's kind of a steal).