Posting Images

Started by LunarSage, September 06, 2012, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

So reading this post made me wonder... I've heard some people say that sites like Photobucket and Tumblr are ok to link from, but that post seems to imply otherwise.  I'd like clarification if I could, please. 

Does every single image posted on E now have to be uploaded to E itself?  Or are "safe" sites like the two I mentioned ok? 

Thanks.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Oreo

Yes, it is okay to link from Tumblr and Photobucket, unless it is a gif. Gif's must be uploaded to the Wiki.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

LunarSage

Thank you.  That's good to know.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Oniya

We might want to set up another image category or two.  Some animated GIFs have little or nothing to do with the existing categories.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

I asked this of Trieste a while back and she said to label them [[Category:Gifs]]

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Serephino

I have a question about this.  We're only supposed to post pictures of ourselves, unless the person in the picture gives permission.  What would I need to do for that?

jouzinka

Quote from: Oniya on September 06, 2012, 05:03:17 PM
We might want to set up another image category or two.  Some animated GIFs have little or nothing to do with the existing categories.
I was thinking of suggesting a category on the wiki called junk or some other catch-all category. Because, obviously, it is better to not leave a category blank on the wiki, but at the same time some of the things that get thrown around here on daily basis nobody wants to spend time on deciding how to label.

Just my two cents. ;D
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

jouzinka

Sorry for double post, but are there any other sites that are exception to the rule? Are they image-hosting sites in general (Photobucket, Tinypic, imageshack, Tumblr yada, dadda) or is it just that Photobucket and Tumblr are the only ones okayed and the rest must go to the wiki?

Thanks. :)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A