DUNGEON CRAWL MAFIA interest check! (PLEASE STOP POSTING HERE)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 23, 2016, 04:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

Eleven...in heaven? Sorry nothing works :(
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Verasaille

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

RedPhoenix

Woot! Two more! :D

Hopefully it will fill in the next couple days and I can kick it off this weekend (will take me a bit to set everything up).

Madame Professor

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 25, 2016, 06:03:53 PM
Man, everyone else gets something nice, and I get "Great, this arsehole just made things difficult."

You should put that on your business card.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Mintprincess

Quote from: RedPhoenix on January 25, 2016, 04:46:25 PM

1) Mintprincess (also #1 in my heart)

-purrs and snuggles the Red-

I should put that on my business card ;)

King Serperior

I could be interested in making this my first Mafia-style game.  I'm a blank slate here, but I am more than willing to learn on the fly if you'll have me?  I have free time pretty much every day except maybe Sundays.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: King Serperior on January 26, 2016, 12:24:15 PM
I could be interested in making this my first Mafia-style game.  I'm a blank slate here, but I am more than willing to learn on the fly if you'll have me?  I have free time pretty much every day except maybe Sundays.

Newbies are definitely welcome! It may seem a little daunting at first but remember, it's just a game and having fun is always a worthwhile goal! :)

And that's twelve!

King Serperior

Woo!  Well, when the rules pop up, I may need a day or so to read them, but after that, I should be ready for this deadly dungeon crawl.  ^.^

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

RedPhoenix

I'm gonna go ahead and start on the game thread which will have the rules in the first post. The game will run with 12, I'd rather have 13 but 12 works too, so either way we'll start.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Madame Professor on January 26, 2016, 12:41:58 AM
You should put that on your business card.

Just because that's true for you doesn't mean it is for everyone. It's different when you're one of my tabletop players. =p

Which reminds me, I need to figure out what class your new bestie you let live is...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Verasaille

I am excited!! I like the prospect of rping in these game threads. More fun!!

Shall we post our character profiles on the game thread when you make it? Or in here to be OOC and then in the game thread as IC?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

King Serperior

My only question until the rules pop up is if there is a need for Necromancers?   >:)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Verasaille on January 26, 2016, 02:56:00 PM
I am excited!! I like the prospect of rping in these game threads. More fun!!

Shall we post our character profiles on the game thread when you make it? Or in here to be OOC and then in the game thread as IC?

I hope not, I'm way too big a lazy bones for that.

RedPhoenix

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243409.new#new

Game Thread!

Your character's Class, Race, Alignment, and who they worship is part of the role you will be assigned, you don't actually make a character. However anything beyond that is up to you to roleplay however you wish. :)

If anyone has any questions about the rules you can ask here until the game begins, at which point all questions must be PM'd to me.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: King Serperior on January 26, 2016, 02:57:39 PM
My only question until the rules pop up is if there is a need for Necromancers?   >:)

That could actually be a fun mechanic for a role. You secretly save a player whose about to die, but for the rest of the game, they have to vote as you direct them to...

Galactic Druid

Looks,like I need to RP for his one. Hmmmmm, Sans or Papyrus....

King Serperior

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 26, 2016, 03:00:28 PM
That could actually be a fun mechanic for a role. You secretly save a player whose about to die, but for the rest of the game, they have to vote as you direct them to...
Now that could be fun.  *nod*

On another note, I have never played Dungeons and Dragons before either (really want to some day), but I think I have a fair understanding of tabletop games (though I know more about RIFTs than others).  This will be a fun combination of firsts!   ;D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Madame Professor

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 26, 2016, 02:32:08 PM
Just because that's true for you doesn't mean it is for everyone. It's different when you're one of my tabletop players. =p

Hey know! Are you saying I'm difficult? :P
I'm amazing.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 26, 2016, 03:02:30 PM
Looks,like I need to RP for his one. Hmmmmm, Sans or Papyrus....

You don't need to. The Roleplay victories are entirely optional, and they don't all require actual roleplaying! They are just like, personal goals for your character!

Although, I do highly encourage roleplaying it is absolutely not required!

Mintprincess

I'm totally the newb here.  I'll live or die trying though!!

King Serperior

Quote from: Mintprincess on January 26, 2016, 03:11:26 PM
I'm totally the newb here.  I'll live or die trying though!!
You're not the only newbie.  I've never played D&D (or any tabletop game for that matter), let alone a Mafia-style game of any kind.  Hard to be newer than that.  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

RedPhoenix

One the nice things about Mafia, you don't need to live to win. (Usually).

Also to anyone reading WE NEED JUST ONE MORE PLAYER!! :D

Galactic Druid

Dnd is easy, just think of every tolkienesque fantasy trope you possibly can, then mash them all together, and you've got a fairly accurate idea of a DnD setting since most of those tropes started with DnD.

Verasaille

The rules look complicated. Here I thought we would be able to create our characters!!  :'(

Waiting for my PM. I will still play.

RedPhoenix

It will get much simpler once you start playing! :)

And the game hasn't actually started yet, still waiting for one more!